Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

... Her perfume is starry and crystalline, a jewel-clad and glittering paean to night: dazzling white musks, white rose and night-blooming jasmine with the soft moss of moonlit meadows, a waft of Egyptian incense, and a gentle breath of moonflower.

I had hopes that I would like this.

Night blooming jasmine has that sligh dewy note that makes it very appealing to me at the same time, it can get watery and smell synthetic.

This smelled a lovely floral in the imp. Wet, it became a single note jasmine for a few minutes. After about half an hour, I was sniffing my wrist obsessively - beautiful, balanced and with that perfect amount of night dew in it...

Unfortunately, on me Nuit's beauty is fleeting. In one hour, all I have left is something floral, a bit soapy. Still pleasant enough but not brilliant any more...

Nuit is beautiful! The jasmine is the light, non-suffocating variety, and it pairs so beautifully with the moonflower. The incense powders a bit on me, but it's so wonderful that I don't care.

I got this as a frimp. Both my friend (and partner in BPL crime) and I overlooked this one. I wanted to try something out of the ordinary and popped some on the other day and loved it. It seems like an beautiful old-fashioned (yet not dated) soothing floral. I couldn't sleep last night because of intense pain from a newly fractured foot and it really helped take the edge off. I will most likely go for a 5cc of this.

Nuit

Must begin by saying that I am a jasmine lover.

In the imp: All floral - rose and jasmine balanced. Not getting the musk or incense just yet. Sweet, but not cloying.

Wet: Pretty much all jasmine. It immediately starts to warm up and lose the sweetness on my skin.

As it dries: I think the incense is coming out, but just a little peek. Lost the rose when it was wet, but it seems to be coming back. No real sign of the musks.

Dry: Really lovely, soft, not at all overpowering. The musk comes out but really just seems to warm up the jasmine. The musk and incense is very subtle. I can see how it might go powdery perfumey on some people, but happily, it doesn't on me.

I just reapplied, well, slathered, and the incense and musk is stronger now.

This would be good if you want a floral without sweet smack-you-in-the-face flower smell. The musk and incense is telling the jasmine to behave.

Just want to get it out of the way that I usually can't stand jasmine notes and they tend to swamp a scent that has just a bit of it in the notes. Nuit, however, has none of that going on (yay!) It's a light, soft, night-time floral. Alluring and very pretty. Probably not bottle worthy, but nice.

Nuit is a pretty, light floral in the imp. And JASMINE DEATH on my skin. Not surprising since it, in fact, has jasmine in it, one of my notes of doom. Eh, it was worth a try, just in case.

The best I can describe this one is a salty musk. The florals are not at all sweet. It's very exotic and slightly incense-y, and pretty, but not really my style.

In the imp, I'm getting a really sweet, delicate scent. It's the same on my skin; a very light floral, with a slight tang to it. I think I'm getting a really good blend of the jasmine and rose in this, but this is going to stay an imp; it's not anything I particularly want a whole 5 mL of.

Edited by Venneh

This is a wonderfully musky scent that lacks the usual sharpness I've come to expect from jasmine. What I love the most about Nuit is that I can actually detect the rose which is very deep and gorgeous.

Nuit is a rich old-fashioned white rose mixed with jasmine and musk. As it dries the incense and a little breath of green appear in the scent mix.

I don't remember ever wearing this during the day but I often wear it to bed. It makes me feel comforted and protected. And more than that, lapped in luxury and delight. Nuit is one of my favorites.

In the imp: Florals. Can tell that it might turn soapy on me. Sharp soapy, not just gardenia or Irish Spring soap.

Wet: Soapy florals, just as I thought. Very heavy, sharp and dark. I can smell the white rose trying to come out, but the soap and jasmine are winning.

Dry: Jasmine overpowers everything. Very heavy and dark, almost hippy shop. Not as soapy as I thought, but it's still giving me a headache.

Overall: Generic soapy floral. I love floral scents, but this is a little too heavy. Not for me!

Frimp. In the bottle I can smell moonflower and rose? Wet and on the soapy floral and jasmine are coming out, noooo! As it dries the jasmine fades but the floral soaps are here to stay. Such as shame as it was really nice in the bottle so I may keep it to sniff.

I'll keep it brief. Light, soapy, floral. No, thanks.

This is a beautifully balanced rose/jasmine/musk do-up, and I just love it. It's not too sweet, and not too sharp. It goes a teeny-tiny bit soapy, but not in a dry way...instead, kind of in a clean way that makes up for the almost-sour skin scent of it (which I like, too). Again, it's really wonderfully balanced, which means a lot to me, because I love all the notes in it, but usually when I see them all together they turn to disaster, not joy like this!

Nuit is a floral embrace, ethereal but warm and real. What a lovely blend!

ETA - this is perfect on hot summer days. It's light in feel but still kind of mysterious and dark in character.

Edited by LadyMedb

I had such high hopes for this, but unfortunately all I'm getting is overpowering jasmine.

Actually, it smells different from most jasmines I've smelled. It's kind of tangy smelling, actually. I'm pretty sure my grandmother used to wear a perfume that had this note featured prominently -- Vanilla Fields, maybe?

As it sits, I can detect a bit of moonflower behind the wall of jasmine. I love moonflowers, so it's sad to see it overpowered so. After about an hour, no other notes are detectable.

It doesn't smell bad, but I'd much rather smell it on a flower than on my arm, and I was hoping for more complexity. How sad!

I like jasmine in small amounts if it's the night-blooming variety. I was hoping with the moonflower, moss, and incense that this would be OMG amazing. There was a moment of soft, beautiful jasmine with a promise of a syrupy incense but the evil white rose and white musk overpowered the whole blend (note to self...avoid perfumes with more than one "white" note.) and made the dry down rather soapy.

Wet: Lovely, crystalline musk and jasmine with light clean rose and moonflower.

Drydown: more incense and sweeter. The rose and jasmine turned down the volume. Not soapy on me, like others have complained of. I'm quite surprised this is working, considering the notes. The moss came out more and joined the incense and jasmine to make a heady sweet earthy floral blend. I place it in the same category as midnight or nocturne.

Sniffed: A deep, mellow floral, mostly rose and moonflower (jasmine is discreet here). Maybe slightly honeyed, like honeysuckle?

On skin: Nuit is a gentle, feminine floral: sweet, and soft, fuzzy without any edges. Full-bodied and grounded, yet also light and airy in a floral way. Quite blended and I can't pick out individual notes, although I can tell how they're all playing together. Jasmine tends to dominate blends, but it's playing nice here and blending well with the other notes. Nuit doesn't morph, and becomes gentler and milder over time. Colour impression is a shimmering, pearlescent cream-white.

Verdict: A beautiful rendition of the Night Goddess. I'm somewhat reminded of the blend Eos, which is also a lovely, grounded floral and the Sun Goddess counterpart to Nuit.

In bottle: floral and cool, glittering. Soft jasmine. Very pretty!

Wet on skin: soft jasmine, cool and bright. I need to do a jasmine deathmatch one of these days...ahem. This is very pretty, and very much reminiscent of Zorya, but this is a "stronger" floral while wet, a bit more present and solid, and not so much on the sweetness and creaminess that I always find in Zorya. The rose is also turning slightly powdery, but not overwhelming.

Dry: dry, this is a cool, bright floral with a touch of powderiness on me. The difference is much more pronounced than wet--while zorya is still sweetly bright, it is almost shockingly so against the softer Nuit. While both are predominantly jasmine blends, the other florals present give them a different feel from each other--Nuit is a more grown up zorya, with the latter a bit more playful and younger in tone.

Verdict: a very pretty jasmine blend that doesn't disappoint. I prefer Zorya, but I can definitely see Nuit working as well. I can't justify multiple jasmine blends though, so this will have to be given up.

This is too cloying on me and I LOVE rose, jasmine, musk, moonflower, incense....everything in this. It was so strong that I had to wash it off.

I only got jasmine and rose from this. Very strong. It'll be great in my bathwater.

In the imp: Jasmine and rose.

Wet: Yup, incense coming out a bit. Sweet and nice.

Dry: There's a floral note that I don't recognise (moonflower, perhaps? that's quite reminiscent of ozone. It's not mixing well with the jasmine, which has gone all mothbally (as it's wont to do). The rose note is nice, but otherwise pretty meh.

My eyes! My eyes!

This smelled really nice in the vial, but when I applied it it became JASMINE JASMINE JASMINE - I hadn't tried many other scents with jasmine, but I definitely recognized the note from The Caterpillar. It's very herbal and medicinal, and STRONG. I wound up having to wash this off because it started giving me a headache. :P Oh well, I know a friend who'll love this.

Starts off with a lovely mix of musks and jasmine, but dries down to a slightly soapy, herbal jasmine. Refreshing and slightly powdery. Very soothing, but not for me.

With night-blooming jasmine, I wasn't expecting this to be so heady - it smells more like traditional jasmine and the moonflower (my favorite) is just a breath in the background. This is just too heady for me.

Wet, it starts out kind of mild... Like you don't really smell anything at first...

Then BAM... You pick up incense, and Jasmine. Lots of jasmine. Some florals in the background. It's sparkly just like it says. It feels very feminine and elegant! I can smell another flower, I'm guessing it's the moonflower?

It smells really lovely!

I wish I had some of this as an incense to burn. It's gorgeous.