Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

... Her perfume is starry and crystalline, a jewel-clad and glittering paean to night: dazzling white musks, white rose and night-blooming jasmine with the soft moss of moonlit meadows, a waft of Egyptian incense, and a gentle breath of moonflower.

I can barely make out the scent, this is such a light perfume. It's very soft. I mainly smell jasmine and moonflower. This will make a lovely night time scent.

I ordered this as an imp planning to wear it to bed because of the lovely description. And a lovely bedtime scent this is, too!

Nuit is very light, soft floral. I think the jasmine is the strongest note in this and maybe moonflower although I admit I'm not sure what that smells like, I certainly can't smell the musk or the incense.

This isn't something I would wear during the day, and it's not one of my favourites but it is certainly a pleasant scent and I will enjoy the imp wearing it as a bedtime scent when I want something brighter and non-lavender based than my other bedtime favourites Oneiroi and Yvaine.

Imp:Flowery jasmine and rose. Hmm. Rose. I'm worried now.

Wet:Floral like whoa. Not enough jasmine. Some musk peeking out.

Drydown: Rose and jasmine soap. Meh.

On me, Nuit is rose and moonflower with a hint of jasmine and a white musk base. She's Moon Rose's older sister, very pretty and feminine. I love it.

A frimp from the lab.

In the imp, roses and jasmine!

Wet on me, mostly jasmine. There are a few patches of jasmine currently blooming in gardens on the way we often walk to breakfast on weekends. This smells like the breeze when it is blowing over one of those bits of garden towards us. Nice!

As I am beginning to expect, the rose note is most noticable on the drops I put on my elbow and the back of my hand. The drop on my wrist is beginning to show a bit of incense.

I really don't know what moonflower smells like yet, so I can't say if it is there or not.

A bit later, mostly I smell roses now, and the jasmine has faded almost completely. The drop on my elbow smells most like fresh lush roses, and the bit on my wrist is more like a rose and incense blend.

Edited by Aerinha

In the bottle: Traditional perfume-y white florals.

Wet: Still very floral, a bit heady (jasmine, though this is a better jasmine than most on me, not overpowering) and a bit soapy (moonflower). Faint rose.

Dry: I'm not getting any incense, but there is a mild warmth (maybe some type of amber?) and a hint of herbs, which I really like. The powder-soap of the moonflower is still tolerable. I LOVE the rose-jasmine combo in this. The rose took its time to emerge, but it's playing ever so nicely with the usually awful-on-me jasmine.

Summary: This feels very refined and stately. It's heady, feminine, and BOLD despite being a straight white floral through and through. In the long term, though, the soapy-moonflower takes over. Alas.

Gah, this was ridiculously hard to open. I ended spilling it all over my fingers, wrist, and imp.

On the imp (sniffed the tag because I'm like that) it is so lovely. Moonflower, jasmine, musk, all blended together perfectly.

On me? Barely detectable. The scent doesn't morph much, just gets more and more faint.

This is so very lovely, but completely not there as well. I'll keep my imp, perhaps for when I'm going to sleep or something.

I tried this w/out checking notes first. I've had it on for less than 10 minutes, and I'm going to break my own rule. I'm reviewing it w/out waiting, or trying the scent again later. I already know I can't wear this again.

It's a pretty scent, don't get me wrong. It's not noxious or offensive. It just smells like soap to me. 100% pure soap. On first application, I noticed jasmine right away, which I'm generally not opposed too. But I'm betting there's a lily note, too. Lily amps up into shrieking soap territory for me, not every time, but more often than not.

Anyway this isn't for me. And I bet it won't wash off (because the sharp soapy notes tend to cling to my skin like nobody's business).

Wet, the moonflower is the standout in Nuit. I love moonflower though it doesn't always work on me, so I had my fingers crossed. But this dries down into musky jasmine. Rats! (Although to be fair, it's not nearly as soapy as jasmine usually turns on me--I may need to try this more extensively at some point as it smells almost...wearable, which most jasmine blends most certainly are not.)

Not much to say about this one. It's a light, very floral fragrance with a lot of jasmine, inoffensive but very much Not Me. To the swap pile it goes.

This is starry and crystalline all right. The florals are all white, and it totally evokes black skies spangled with stars. Sparkly and detached and elegant.

My bpal order came today! Yessss. After ripping the box open like a crazy person the first imp I picked up was Nuit. So thought I'd review...

In the imp: Super floral, jasmine in the forefront.

On: Not too sure this scent is distinct enough for me. It smells good but I'm not getting a huge throw or anything other then jasmine. Sort of reminds me of New Orleans but not as strong. I just put it on and it's already fading, darn it! And where is the musk? Maybe my nose is out of it, but I don't smell it!

A nice scent, I'll definitely try it again later, the first sniff/wear is never the lasting impression when it comes to bpal, am I right?

Bottle: sent free in an order from the lab. very floral; rose and jasmine quite strong, which I don't really like.

Wet: very much like a garden or bouquet of flowers; nice for the bathroom or a morning walk, but I don't know about wearing this and feeling sexy or yummy...will check back in a few hours

Three hours later: floral; I smell a wedding, like baby's breath

Verdict: not for me

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description --Shollin

Wet: Jasmine, white musk. Rose heart notes. The rose doesn’t amp on my skin. An underlying incense note.

Dry down: Nice. Moderate throw. Jasmine and rose are not cloying - well balanced. Very fresh floral. Clean smelling. Not sickening. Not soapy.

Final impressions: Mmm….Great with a little black dress.

In imp: Something floraly damp. I kind of like it. Also jasmine, giving me that powdery smell I hate.

wet on skin: Jasmine powder tones -way- down, thankfully. Left with a mixture of florals I don't know. But I kind of like it.

Dry: o_o I don't know. These scents are so new to me that I keep sniffing and sniffing and wafting around wrists and at a loss because each time is faintly different. There's Jasmine. There's something damp, watery, wet. Also something slightly green but tame. I'll assume its the moss and moonflower. I'm not sure what either of those smell like on their own. There's also something sweet, but just barily. Homg, that's the Rose. XD Waaaaay in the background on me. Jasmine, calm down. I want more rose! -commands-

More dry: Jasmine falls back, tamed to dance with rose instead. Of course, it wont ease off too much as that just wouldn't be in Jasmine's nature. But while Jasmine and rose are dancing about, musk and the incense notes start to take root and make an established base to last a while.

"Her perfume is starry and crystalline, a jewel-clad and glittering paean to night:"

Exactly. I could wear this daily even though it's so soft and gentle. I tend to hide my feminine side, but this is exactly how it is. Dark, deep, floral, and slightly vulnerable. Not an overwhelming floral scent, but just right. Anything more bold than this is too girly for me. Mmm. -curls up with her newfound girly scent-

Amusing: Last night while I was wearing Salome and didn't want to try Nuit yet, I had my younger sister try it. On her skin, Jasmine -exploded- and overtook. It was overwhelming and disgusting. Poor sister's skin chemistry. So, when I found out what mine did, I skipped over to her to show her, and instead of being "Oh wow, how different." She said "You contaminated your oils. That isn't the same one" and proceeded on lecturing me that a shower isn't enough to rid old oils before applying new.... <.< Someone's bitter.

Overall: I hate Jasmine. I just do. The powdery smell it has makes my nose twinge. I received this via a trade, just to try it out but really to make sure it was Jasmine I didn't like. (I'd have felt awful if I DID like jasmine, and avoided it because of preconceptions). Alas, it is Jasmine I hate. But, this is the most well behaved Jasmine I've ever met. She learned to share with Rose, at the least. I think the musk also tempers the "powder" into it's own muskyness. Hiding it, more.

On me (skin which clings to dark notes and ignores light notes most of the time. Also amps everything musky.) this ended up being exactly like the description. I wont be buying a bottle, because I just can't tolerate Jasmine enough to wear it everyday. But I think I will use up the imp at nights when I fall asleep. It's truly soothing, feminine, and calming. How wonderful. -takes a nap-

I usually don't like florals. No matter how pretty they seem at first, they all wind up smelling the same to me. Nonetheless, I really like Nuit. This definitely lives up to its name. It smells like taking a walk at night in the late spring or early summer, when there are all sorts of things blooming and growing that you can't quite see. On drydown, it is also a relaxing scent. As it wears, it has the potential to turn into old lady perfume on me, but seems determined to stop shy of that and stay pretty and a bit wistful. This one's a keeper, if not a re-order.

In my never ending attempt to find ANY BPAL with rose in it that won't amp on me , I am here trying Nuit . It's funny . It's not like I don't enjoy the smell of roses . It's just that I would like to smell anything else that may also be in that freaking bottle besides it :P So , as usual this is nothing but rose on me . For what it's worth it is very nice rose . Not quite as overwhelming as some of the others I've tried . I really had hopes for this one because I do love the BPAL musks so . And I don't think I have anything else with white musk in it . But all I get is roseroseroserose.........

In the Imp: dewy night blooming jasmine, moonflower, mossy green.

Wet on skin: More jasmine, but very light and meadows!

Dry on skin: The white flowers emerge especially the white rose and the white musks. And the mossy meadow undertone is amazing and well blended. There's a lot of headiness from the florals at this stage, but they are dew-kissed.

After a while: The florals are incredibly soft now mixed wafting in the Egyptian incense. This is sooooo night air! Just a sweet hint of jasmine and smokey incense.Still cool and fresh, the musk underneath. Soft and subtle on the skin. I can picture wearing this nightly to bed for beautiful dreams.

Nuit does not disappoint me at all! I am rapt by the cool summer florals and the starry skies of Egypt.

:P :D :D

This sounded lovely- white musk, white florals, incense. A perfect light summer fragrance.

But on me, this was bugspray. Heady sweet jasmine for about an hour and then the bugspray smell starts to creep in. I am pretty sure the sweaty smelling moss + the heady sweet jasmine are the culprits. From reading other reviews, it seems that this combo turns scents into bugspray on some other people as well.

This is one of my favorite scents. I never knew I would be a big fan of jasmine until I noticed I also loved Nyx. I thought the vial/wet/drydown transition was very balanced. Florals tend to go powdery-sweet on my skin, but Nuit stayed even through-and-through. I'm definitely purchasing a bottle of this.

in the imp: the sort of rose i'm not fond of: too sweet, too cloying, too much like perfume. :D

wet on skin: same, but AMPED! :D

dry down: yep- strong perfume-y rose, a hint of musk, but not enough to pull this one through. :P

in all: i'm picky about my florals, so this is a pass. but if you like your rase STRONG, maybe you'll dig this blend. :shrug:

Nuit

Oh, Nuit, how could you!? I was soooo excited about this one -- night-time flowers by the water! How beautiful! Instead, all I get is JASMINE. Start to finish, just the QUEEN OF FLOWERS, JASMINE. I'm going to have to quit buying things with that note, at all. [sob]

imp: rose and jasmine. this is gonna be tough.

wet: gah! jasmine and... more jasmine. there is a cool, soft green feel behind the jasmine but it's so overpowered i can't appreciate it.

dry: whew! the rose and jasmine fade away to the distance and this become soft, sweet and lightly green. very peaceful.

This is a rather elegant and mysterious blend. The jasmine is fairly predominant throughout the wet and drydown stages. Wet, this is mostly jasmine and rose. As it dries, the jasmine calms down a bit and I can faintly detect the moonflower. After about 1/2 an hour into wearing, the musk and incense finally come out, but they are rather supporting players to the jasmine, instead of taking the foreground themselves. Overall, this is a truly beautiful blend but a little too floral for my tastes. I can't see myself wearing this very often.

- Also, I agree with the reviewer who stated they could see this as a Chanel perfume.

Imp: Soft and beautiful. A dreamy mix of moonflower and jasmine.

Wet:The incense whispers. Gorgeous Egyptian night.

Dry: Lovely mix of floral, musk and incense. I don't get much rose. This is one to dream by.