Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Gourmand - Foody Scents - General Recommendations

I add Bordello to the list. It is plum and ammeretto. A little tart at the beginning, but it dries out soooo sweet and delicious!

Sounds like your tastes are veeery similar to mine. I'll have to try Moon Rose now :P

I second/third/whatever Dorian and Tamora for vanilla scents, all the way. You might also want to try Queen Mab if you like orchid and sweet florals. There's no vanilla in it, but the orchid has got a sweet quality to it that's almost foody and Dorian-esque (at least on me).

Try to get a hold of Midway- funnel cake and cotton candy *yummy*.

I also love Hellcat and Sugar Skull. Both are sweet vanilla blends. Velvet is a great cocoa and vanilla blend too.

I love foody/vanilla type scents, so here are some of my favorites/new loves: Dorian, Sugar Cookie, Gingerbread Poppet, Hearth, Morocco, Jailbait (sweet like candy necklaces), Jack (pumpkin), & Snow White. You're going to have fun trying out different oils! There are some great foody scents available right now in the Limited Editions section. :P

here's a few more sweet/foodies i think you might enjoy...

regan - very vanilla-y and innocent, similar in feeling to moonrose

black opal - sexy and vanilla-y, in a warm yet dark and oddly metallic way (incredible)

tezcatlipoca - smoky, incense-y deep cocoa (delicious)

absinthe - not for everyone, but deep black licorice, if you like that sort of thing (i do)

laudanum - root-beer-ish

hollywood babylon - strawberry/cherry-ish

succubus - spicy orange

moxie - grapefruity orange

and these are LE's, but you'd like 'em, i think..

midway- buttery sugar vanilla

freak show - chocolate/fruity cream cheese frosting

devil's night - molasses hot toddies

shit, i'm hungry now...

I really like the over the top sweet, dreamlike scent of jailbait. What else do you fine enablers reccomend.

I also like violets too :D

then you must check out the "monsterbait" scents in the LE section of the main

page :P

then you must check out the "monsterbait" scents in the LE section of the main

page :P

ooof. I would really prefer catalogue stuff, as les are out of my reach and i just want to do imps now.

if you like violets then bluebeard is incredible!!

one of my fav violet scents a'la Beth!!!!!!!

Edited by sookster

There are so many sweet BPAL scents that it's almost overwhelming to think about, lol. If you like violet and sweet scents, you might want to try out Marie... it was very sweet candied-violets on me.

I'd definitely second (or third) the recommendations for Akuma, Hollywood Babylon, and The Hamptons... they all smelled rather candy-like to me and reminiscent of Jailbait. You also might want to try Jester and The Red Queen. Dragon's Milk is also over the top sweet to me, in the best possible way. If you like chocolate, you might want to check out Vice, which is sort of Jailbait + milk chocolate. :P

Might not be exactly what you're after, but Sybaris (in the Wanderlust section) smelled to me like violets dipped in chocolate. It's wonderful. :P

Haven't seen anyone mention Maenad yet, but it's way more pink-and-girly-sweet than you'd think from the description.

Whatever you pick, enjoy!

Pink: Aunt Carolyn's Joy Mojo, Pink Phoenix, Pink Moon (The last two if you can find them. I find Aunt Carolyn and Pink Phoenix to be fairly close scent-wise.)

Sweet Tooth Foody: Beaver Moon, Spooky (If you can find them)

Syrupy: Gluttony

Sugar Sugar Carmelized Sugar: Sugar Skull (LE again), Trick or Treat (LE), Gluttony

Jester smells like orange bubblegum. Gluttony is really sweet, smells like turtles to me. But I really like Velvet, smells just like caramel.

Hi everyone, I am new here to the forum and new to BPAL as well. I did place an order and bought Midway & Elegba (based on reviews here). I am hoping for some recommendations on foody type scents. My biggest lemming is: Spooky but it sounds like Elegba is on the same line minus the mint and chocolate. Would love to hear from you. :P

You've still got time to get the Monster Bait scents on the Lab's website! Those are great foody scents.

Foody like pastries: Hellcat, Gluttony

Pumpkin foody: Jack (if you like this one see if you can get a hold of some of the Pumpkin Patch scents through swaps/sales on the forum)

Chocolate foody: Bliss, Vice, Velvet

Fruity foody: Hunger, Hollywood Babylon, Akuma, Eris, Jester, Lolita, March Hare, Yemaya,

Slightly foody but mostly yummy tea: Dorian

There are lots more, especially several exceptionally good ones that were limited editions.

Yes, they're on the Limited Edition page -- they're available until May 1. They're a bit pricier than the usual bottles, but I have them both and they are yummalicious. Well worth the money. :P

Bliss is one of my new loves, it really grows on me; pure chocolate! Gluttony (along with Elegba and Hellcat, Jack and Grog) are a bit on the buttery side, but definitely a good choice for a foody scent. Midway is gorgeous. The Monster Baits should be interesting. Check out Eat Me and Drink Me, new additions in the Mad Tea Party. Quite a few previous LEs should be floating around in the swaps/sales threads; Trick or Treat (Halloween LE), Gingerbread Poppet and Sugar Cookie (both Yule LEs)

ETA and Beaver Moon, of course! A Lunacy (LE) from...November?

Edited by modesty_blaise

A few more you might like to try:

Shango: tropical fruit smoothie

Sudha Segara: gingered ambrosia

13: (LE) mandarin-chocolate-minty

Bengal: chai or spice cookie

Jailbait: bubblegum and lollipops

Well, my favourite of all BPAL that I've worn so far has to be Beaver Moon.

Jack, Gluttony, Bliss, O and Snake Oil (because the last two smell like pink musk stick lollies) are also great.

What else should I be looking out for, guys and gals?

(I've got an order in for a Midway imp... and I'm thinking of getting Trick or Treat.)

Also I'm interested in sexy scents and scents to get positive emotions (from me and others) happening. Reducing/illiminating the negative and helping make things good in general.

I love Beaver Moon too! You should try Gingerbread Poppet, it'll probably be easier to find than BM. I don't know if you like lemon scents, but Enbalming Fluid smelled like lemon angel food cake on me, so you may like it too. The new GC update's Eat Me sounds also great- I ordered a 5ml from the description...now if only my order would come...sigh...

Hunger is sexy and foody: dark vanilla-orange decadence.

March Hare is bright, sweet, spicy, delicious apricot.

Imp is a very naughty peach--slightly food, slightly bad-girl.