Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Gourmand - Foody Scents - General Recommendations

Also. . what is the 'best' Sugar Cookie year? I'm looking for one that isn't too heavy on the spice. . more buttery cookie.

Thanks!

Might just be me, but I got buttery cookie dough from Al-Azif.

Putting that on the 'imp to look for' list. . . .Thanks!

I'm looking for a blend that is similar or as close to lemon cookies or lemon pound cake? I'm not fond of the tea note in Dorian. . I want something more bakery. Any suggestions? Any proto's or LE's are fine.

You might want to try Story Time at Dark Delicacies. I get the most wonderful lemon-y sugar cookies smell from it, along with the scent of old books in a library. It's not purely foodie, but it's one of my favorites.

Yeah. . my absolute favorite bpal CT: Tilt was described as Story Time but with way more Lemon cookie/pound cake. . so this is on my "wish list" now!

<!--quoteo(post=1730921:date=Apr 21 2010, 08:05 PM:name=mazikeen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mazikeen @ Apr 21 2010, 08:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730921"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Typically I don't like food scents (they just smell <i>sticky</i> to me), but I am interested in the <i>right </i>kinds of food. Like coffee-- I am dying to get my hands on some El Dia Los Reyes next Yule. And also (this is a new request, as far as the search engine tells me): <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horchata" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">horchata</a>. That lovely iced rice-milky, cinnamony-but-not-too-sweet drink of the gods that they serve in Mexican restaurants. That stuff is divine. Are there any BPALs which capture that flavor?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh man. I haven't ever come across a horchata scent but.... mmmmmmm.... that would be fantastic. What a great idea!

I have some Horchata in my pantry and your right that would make a lovely scent! :yum:

Bumping this thread out of the depths. . .

Here are the foodie blends I have and love: Midway, Cake Smash, Love's Philosophy (not really that foodie IMO), Velvet Unicorn (more candy), Chimera

Foodie blends I've tried and think. . 'meh': MB's, Spooky, PO13, PX117, Drink Me, Dana O'Shee, Gingerbread Poppet. . that's some of them.

I'm looking for a blend that is similar or as close to lemon cookies or lemon pound cake? I'm not fond of the tea note in Dorian. . I want something more bakery. Any suggestions? Any proto's or LE's are fine. I also love coconut. .

Also. . what is the 'best' Sugar Cookie year? I'm looking for one that isn't too heavy on the spice. . more buttery cookie.

Thanks!

05 for me. I do not get any spice at all.

Can anyone recommend a good BPAL brown sugar scent?

I know one of the moths or butterflies had brown sugar, but it also had sassafrass, a scent I do not particularly care for. Any help would be awesome!

I can't think of any bpal scents that have a strong brown sugar note specifically. You might want to try Kill-Devil, Gluttony, and Hellcat. They're not brown sugar, but they have a mix of other foodie notes that are reminiscent of brown sugar. Cockaigne has a very brown sugar type scent on my skin as well.

Can anyone recommend a good BPAL brown sugar scent?

I know one of the moths or butterflies had brown sugar, but it also had sassafrass, a scent I do not particularly care for. Any help would be awesome!

i've heard that sugar skull smells like brown sugar, but i haven't actually tried it. hopefully beth will bring it back as a halloweenie this year!

Sugar Cookie '08 was a no-go. Way to maple-y for me. I like foodie. . but not maple. Storytime at DD was. . hmm. . . interesting? I could detect my beloved CT as the lemon cookie note, but unfortunately most of the other notes hung out for the party. I'll keep the imp, but it's not a bottle worthy scent.

I continue on. . . the search for more perfect foodie blends!

Can someone recommend scents that have a gourmand aspect but aren't pure foodie? Scents with edible-smelling elements tend to work well on me, but I'm not interested in smelling exactly like cake, and I prefer candy scents to contain something to cut the sweetness a little.

Can someone recommend scents that have a gourmand aspect but aren't pure foodie? Scents with edible-smelling elements tend to work well on me, but I'm not interested in smelling exactly like cake, and I prefer candy scents to contain something to cut the sweetness a little.

Off the top of my head Hellcat (A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond, sounds foodier than it actually smells) springs to mind, as well as Kabuki (Compelling, complex, and utterly enigmatic: a luxuriant, exotic blend of cherry, red musk, and star anise, comes off as cherries and incense) and Hollywood Babylon (The essence of innocence shattered: glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry, so freaking amazing, I'm wearing it now!)

Those are just three that immediately spring to mind. If you can tell I really like the smell of almonds and cherries, so if you don't they might not pique your interest.

This sounds very much like the direction I've been headed in! I'm finding I like things that are more on the foody side of things, less cake and milk, more vanilla and fruit.

Especially if you're headed in a more candy-direction I'd recommend:

Lemon Scented Sticky Bat -- it's like the sweet sugar stage of Lemonheads

Gobo (Fraggle Rock) -- creamsicles with a long-lasting smooth vanilla finish

Red (Fraggle Rock) -- kind of like red kool-aid and sweet tarts

Any of the Lick Its -- minty vanilla goodness (I like Lick It Softly)

Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener -- pure root beer with a nice herby-ness around the edges

Bon Vivant -- candy-sweet strawberries with a slight boozy tinge

Tweedledee is not at all one of my favorites but may also work... I find it's candy-like and kind of strange; almost like an orange chewable vitamin, if you're into that kind of thing

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for cake-like or pastry scents with a milk or cream note that isn't super heavy and buttery (e.g. movie-theater popcorn)?

[edited multiple times because italics tags hate me.]

Edited by gelfling

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for cake-like or pastry scents with a milk or cream note that isn't super heavy and buttery (e.g. movie-theater popcorn)?

Let's see....

-Sprinklecake is more sweet than buttery and is light and a little creamy...LE, can be a little tougher to find...

-Eat Me's currant note keeps it from being too buttery, but it has a creamy vanilla frosting scent to it...and is one of my favorite scents of all time! And it's GC...

-Sugar Cookie is yummy spicy cookies, not too creamy though...LE, often on swaps though

-Cockaigne, this one could be just what you're looking for, the lab description is...The weather is always mild, the wine flows freely, sex is readily available, and all people enjoy eternal youth. The Land of Plenty, also called Luilekkerland – the Lazy, Luscious Land: milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine. It's pretty amazing and available in the GC...

Those are my thoughts...

Off the top of my head Hellcat (A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond, sounds foodier than it actually smells) springs to mind, as well as Kabuki (Compelling, complex, and utterly enigmatic: a luxuriant, exotic blend of cherry, red musk, and star anise, comes off as cherries and incense) and Hollywood Babylon (The essence of innocence shattered: glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry, so freaking amazing, I'm wearing it now!)

Those are just three that immediately spring to mind. If you can tell I really like the smell of almonds and cherries, so if you don't they might not pique your interest.

Sounds like I'll have to try out some Hollywood Babylon. I love amber and heliotrope!

Knave of Hearts has just what you describe, IMO, a very mouthwatering butteriness over a floral. I second Hollywood Babylon, but a warning, very Dragon's Blood, IMO. Also Kali, which has a wine note, and Obsidian Widow, with the same.

Let's see....

-Sprinklecake is more sweet than buttery and is light and a little creamy...LE, can be a little tougher to find...

-Eat Me's currant note keeps it from being too buttery, but it has a creamy vanilla frosting scent to it...and is one of my favorite scents of all time! And it's GC...

-Sugar Cookie is yummy spicy cookies, not too creamy though...LE, often on swaps though

-Cockaigne, this one could be just what you're looking for, the lab description is...The weather is always mild, the wine flows freely, sex is readily available, and all people enjoy eternal youth. The Land of Plenty, also called Luilekkerland – the Lazy, Luscious Land: milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine. It's pretty amazing and available in the GC...

Those are my thoughts...

Thanks so much! I've had Sprinklecake and Eat Me on my "maybe/to-test" list for a while. Perhaps it's time to finally try them out!

I need some help! I have always liked foody scents but latley I'm finding myself in love with and craving foody scents. I'm looking for foody recommendations, preferably LE scents from the past 3 years. Some scents I love include Sweet Lavinias Dread Puddings, Cake Smash, Sprinklecake, Egg Nog, Elegba, and Madagascan Vanilla Rum.

Recs? :)

I need some help! I have always liked foody scents but latley I'm finding myself in love with and craving foody scents. I'm looking for foody recommendations, preferably LE scents from the past 3 years. Some scents I love include Sweet Lavinias Dread Puddings, Cake Smash, Sprinklecake, Egg Nog, Elegba, and Madagascan Vanilla Rum.

Chanukkiyah and Gingerbread Snake from the 2013 Yules are both really nice food scents.

Some that I love are:

Halloween:Las Vegas - like a grown up Cake Smash!

Golettes: strawberry cake

Most of the Beaver moons, but my favorites are 2010 - strawberry cheesecake, and 2012 - apple cheesecake.

Lambs-wool - spiced apple cider

Boo! - cotton candy, mostly. :). I like the 2009 & 2010 versions the best.

And I am sure there are others, but that's what I can think of now!

Some that I love are:

Halloween:Las Vegas - like a grown up Cake Smash!

Golettes: strawberry cake

Most of the Beaver moons, but my favorites are 2010 - strawberry cheesecake, and 2012 - apple cheesecake.

Lambs-wool - spiced apple cider

Boo! - cotton candy, mostly. :). I like the 2009 & 2010 versions the best.

And I am sure there are others, but that's what I can think of now!

Boo! is one of my favorites for sure and I love love Halloween:Las Vegas and Cake Smash. I think I had a decant of Golletes but I can't remember what it smells like. I have Beaver Moon 2010, but Haven't tried the other ones (with the exception of 2006 which, at the time was too sweet for me. I'm thinking I'd like it now.)

Thank you for the recommendations! <3

Beaver 'Versery smells like amazing cupcakes.

I've found I love love Obatala, Boo, and Lily Witch. Does anyone have any other recs to try? Thanks :D

for obatala: The Sea Foams Milk, Brown Jenkin, Black Pearl, Goblin

boo: Snow White (current LE), sticky pillowcase, go to sleep darlings (both not current LE), detestable putrescence

lily witch: hellcat, port-au-prince, O, dragon's milk, Schrödinger's cat, robotic scarab. this one is kind of hard because you don't usually see lime, almond, and leather together. hmm.

hope this helped!

Monsterbait: Tokyo Stomp is exactly like those crumbly white mints you get on the way out the door at some restaurants. Nice longevity on the vanilla.

Miskatonic U is a great Irish coffee.

The Witches is pumpkin and coffee-smoky-vanilla and cream and one of my absolute favorite BPALs.

Père Noël is tangerine, oranges, anise, and vanilla.

Sugar Skull starts as sugar and finishes as crème brûlée with cinnamon, which is what other people were saying about Askasleikir.

Stekkjarstaur is everyone's favorite marshmallow vanilla sheep dude.

El Dia de los Reyes is cocoa, sugar, and cinnamon. Another favorite.

21 is the perfect gin and tonic, if you count that as food. :cool:

I agree Stekk, Pere Noel, and Sugar Skull are all yummy!! :yum:

I also have to mention Melty Creme Egg it's a delicious chocolate foodie scent! :)