Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Lilith

Mother of Demons, Vengeful Fury, Darkest Seductress, Queen of the Djinn, Goddess of the Gate. Red wine, myrrh, black musk, and attar of rose.

Lilith - I put off testing Lilith for a couple of months because the scent in the vial was entirely a wine scent, and I was positive it was going to be overbearing and cloying like Madrid. I finally decided to give it a test run and put a tiny bit on the back of my hand. Within the next half hour, I also added more to my wrists and my chest because I loved the scent so much! It’s definitely got that wine-thing going on, but it’s not overly-sweet. It’s given a richness and depth by the husky myrrh and the rose in the scent. It’s truly gorgeous. And while honey is not listed as a note in the scent description, I am positive there’s at least a drop of honey in this blend as a honey-like sweetness really begins to shine through about 10-15 minutes after I apply the oil. Although it’s incredibly gorgeous and fragrant (with a great level of throw) for the first 30 minutes or so, as it dries down, it gets softer and more subtle until the 90 minute point when I can barely detect the scent at all. Still, it’s a really pretty scent.

In the imp: whoa, lots of red wine and lots of rose.

On me, wet: rose and musk and a tinge of alcohol making the whole thing sort of hazily boozy. Not nasty, but sort of weird.

On me, dry: smells like a really good winestain. It's sweet but the musk and the myrrh ground it in warm spiciness and stop it from becoming skanky. It's a very dark, very dominatrixish scent.

Verdict: Once again I am forced to conclude that maybe I just don't want to smell like wine. As winey scents go, though, this is the best I've tried, but not my thing.

This smells very fruity and sweet at first. It doesn't smell like fury to me. Can definitely pick out the red wine in it, and the rose is there too. This reminds me a lot of Wanda, except that Wanda smells entirely of red wine on my skin, and in Lilith there's a little bit of rose too. I like this one better than Wanda, but when it's dry the wine scent is still a little too strong for me.

Anything with rose i it tends to turn into mostly rose on me. Let's see...*sniff* This is...weird...the rose is in there but something else is taking over...I think it's the red wine...hmm...it's very sweet....there's an undertone that has a chemical fluid like smell. The longer this is on, the more chemical is coming out. I think I'll pass on this one.

Score: 2 out of 5

This is strongly wine and myrrh and musk, with the roses around the edges. This is scentwise a second cousin to Kali, somewhat appropriately. The black musk is dark and enveloping, and the myrrh cuts the sweetness of the wine. This is a beautiful scent for feeling strong and sexy.

Lilith

In the imp: dark, sweet red wine.

Wet on skin: wine and roses, with a hint of musk.

Dry: wine and roses and musky myrrh! I like this. The first note to hit me is a rich red wine, boozy and sweet with a hint of tartness, with fragrant rose, and a resinous and very dark musky base. But mainly wine and roses. This reminds me of Blood Rose, only darkened, or leather-less Wanda. This scent is powerful, commanding, it’s got a load of throw.

After a while: this stays very constant, not morphing much. Just dark wine and roses (with the emphasis on the wine) with that depth of musk and myrrh. The wine note has a real bite to it, a slight acidity which adds character but doesn’t smell like vinegar. And the throw is still very strong.

Eventually the strong wine tones down and out comes a soft, deep, yet slightly powdery musk-myrrh-rose drydown. This actually reminds me of Phantom now, but with a drier, slightly smouldering myrrh note.

This gets better after many hours-it develops a lovely powdered amber aspect. It's long lasting and improves over time.

Verdict: this is what I was hoping I’d get from Blood Rose. This is wine and roses with oomph. This scent packs a big punch and for a couple of hours it wafts like crazy. The wine note is very, very strong (in other words, don't drive when wearing this scent!) but it’s a very nice wine note, which mixes nicely with the rose. The myrrh and musk just help to deepen and enhance the wine and roses, and they come out more after a few hours. I really like this scent-so far it’s my favourite of the rose-myrrh-dark musk scents (along with Arabian Nights). This is a very powerful feminine scent, confident, dominating, also dark and enigmatic, and intoxicating.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? I’ll keep the imp. Maybe a bottle some day.

If you like this, try: Blood Rose, Phantom, Wicked, Wanda

Edited by yeahbutnobut

a strong scent, redolent of wine and lush roses. myrrh adds its smoky sweetness, and the musk adds fullness and warmth. an interesting combination, but i’m picky about my rose perfumes. sometimes i like ‘em and sometimes i don’t, and it really depends what the rose is blended with. i just don’t care for it here. it’s like the sourness of the wine brings out a bitterness in the rose. too bad for me, but good for someone else when i swap this one.

I should probably stop testing things today. Everything has either been gross or disappointing.

Wet - this one is awesome. Bloody red wine, a cola and myrhh.

Dry - wine, myrhh and a hint of rose. But then it all melds together and somehow ends up as Dr Pepper.

Bummer - this was so nice when it was wet.

This is unexpectedly sweet and fruity, with a sweet incense note floating right up top, and rose swirling around in the bottom.

This goes from bubblegum to dark, musky sex in about four seconds, like a black rose unfolding. They myrrh and wine have a candylike throw, but up close the musk is a throaty, husky purr. The rose really isn't dominant in this at all, and it's a very herbal, dry rose, like Zombi. A black rose, or dark red. This isn't coming across as particularly sweet on me, for which I am grateful.

The black musk is really gritty and dirty, an almost animal scent, but the myrrh and the wine give it some lift, keep it from smelling rank. It still lends a kind of gloom to the scent, a heaviness like a hint of danger. If this is a sexy woman, she's one who might turn on you. She wouldn't slap your cheek, no. She'd just break your neck. And probably laugh.

Others have complained of it being far too sweet, but my skin amps up the animal musk, and on me it's controlled, powerful, deep, and perilously sexy. A womanly, adult scent that screams "predator." Beware!

In the imp, I can really smell the wine, and it reminds me of Lady Macbeth. Wet, I the myrrh and musk combine to give this almost a chocolate note on me. As it dries, it goes through a stage that doesn't really work for me; I suspect is an amping up of the musk and myrrh, which now seems bitter. The rose comes out a bit on me here, too. The dry-down is quite nice. The wine has returned and there is a good balance between all of the notes. :-)

This is a scent that is so uncharacteristic of scents that I would pick out for myself, so I didn't think I would like it. But I do. In the imp it's very fruity, but like figs and raisins and dates. On my skin its a sweet, very rich floral, it reminds me of syrup but in a good way. The wine really comes through on my skin, and actually smells good. Usually wine notes smell really grody and sour on me, but this smells pretty good, nice and sweet and the myrrh adds an earthy resinous quality to the scent . The attar of rose doesn't come out at all as rose, it just adds a floral depth to the fruity sweetness of this scent. All in all, I like this, I would certainly consider buying a bottle for when I'm in a dark vampy mood, wearing a black and red lace up corset, decked out in dark lipstick and eyeshadow...this is something that a vampire queen would smell like. :P

This one is just sex in a bottle. At first I could smell the sweet temptations of the wine, but now it's settled down a mixture of the myrrh and musk. I am so in love with this fragrance. I keep rubbing my wrists against my nose.

ADDED March 16:

Lilith is just dark magic and sex. I adore it. I just kept sniffing my wrists for hours after I put it on tasting the different layers. It's brilliant.

I didn't think I would like this because it has rose in it. For some reason I associate anything rose with my aunt. I was pleasantly surprised with Lilith. It smells like wine with musk and a little rose. On my wrist I can't smell the rose at all. I applied this at 10:00 this morning and I can still smell this at 6:00 tonight! I normally wear spicy scents but this is not bad for a floral.

This is one of my favorite scents. I am a little surprised since it has rose and dark musk. Rose goes sour right away and I've detested dark musks - usually they smell (to me) like b.o.

But this scent works so well on me. I think that's because wine and myrrh are two of my best friends. The wine is the strongest for me. Underneath is the myrrh. I can't really get the other two notes.

I love this one. :P

This is my first review, and I'm posting because the scent is too good to ignore, for me. I've been taking notes as I put things on, just for my horrible memory.

In the bottle: Really, really sweet. Some myrrh, maybe? It smells good, but I'm not sure how it will react with my skin and heat.

Wet on skin: Much like the smell in the bottle, but very faint. I can barely smell it, on me.

About 1 hour later: Picking up on some kind of rose, but the whole thing is still very subtle.

3 hours in: Finally! I'm getting a much stronger wine-and-roses scent, but not the kind of powdery rose that I hate. This is sexy-slightly-sweet-rose (almost a candied rose?) and I can't stop sniffing my wrist.

See, now here's a great example of how much of a difference body chemistry (and noses, I guess) can make. I ordered an imp of this because Tazjia (just up there :P) *raved* about it. Seriously. The girl is smitten by this scent.

On me, though...it starts out like cherries. Lots and lots and lots of cherries. And then someone comes along and makes brandy out of the cherries. And then, after awhile, someone else takes the rest of the cherry brandy and makes a fruitcake with it, and after that fruitcake has been gifted to some unsuspecting acquaintance around Christmas, the first person puts a bunch of dried roses in the empty cherry brandy bottle.

And after wearing it a bit, that's exactly what it smells like on my arm: dried roses in a cherry brandy vase.

I'm sad that I don't love this. That leaves, what, only about 1000+ scents for me to love?

:D

Bottle: boozy floral, which honestly makes my tummy feel icky. It might be the red wine cause I had a similar reaction to sniffing my Centzon Totochtin imp, which also has red wine.

Self wet: really really sweet with a rose undertone and wine overtone. Still kind of makes me sick in head if I smell right next to wrist. Rose starts to come out a lot as the scent dries. Does smell better than the first time I tried it (a week ago).

Twenty minutes later: this is why we try things twice. Rose popping out all over, with that booze undertone and the myrrh is behaving itself (no mustiness at all) to bring just a little smokiness to the party. Still a bit strong (kind of headachy) but I could put less on since I tend to wear a lot when testing an imp.

Late later: I think it’s a bit headachy and too sweetly boozy for me. There are a lot of roses on me when I wear this.

Overall: I can see why other reviewers like this for its darker rose smell, like a naughty woman in a slinky black dress. It just not me.

Wet: winewinewine! This is definitely a sweet red wine - gorgeous really - and underneath that, I can smell the faintest bit of myrrh, but it's largely wine.

Dry: As it dries down, the rose comes out and becomes the strongest scent with the faintest hint of wine in the background.

This scent is absolutely beautiful. Sweet and floral and a little dark without being overly sweet or overly floral.

Wow, this completely hates me. The strongest note I can pick out is myrrh, but there's something almost rotten in it. I feel like there's a sense of decay in the scents....evil indeed. As it stays on longer it's much the same with the roses coming out in front...but the roses are old and dying. I don't know what isn't working with my chemistry but something isn't!

This scent really runs the gamut on me and for the first few stages it definitely does not seem like I can even bear to keep it on, let alone keep the imp.

I didn't keep great track of the time it took for each stage, but the stages were:

In the bottle: something overly sweet and sharp. Blech. :P

On: FIG NEWTONS! ExACTly like someone has shoved fig newton filling up my nose in a violent way. Ugh. :D

After awhile, grape fig newtons. Still no likey. *shakes head* :D

Then suddenly, before I know it, the overly sweet stuff and the Fig Newtons are gone. What's left is rose, musk and myrh with the tiniest unobtrusive bit of cherry tobacco.

So what the hell happened to that unpleasant scent it was to begin with I don't know, but what it has turned into is definitely a keeper! I like it! I like it a lot! The closest I can come to describing this is a lovely, heady, sexy dark mix of Fendi perfume and Blood Kiss. Not a perfume you want to wear with pastels. I'm thinking blood burgundy or plum or better yet, black velvet. And bring 'yer mojo, baby!

Niiiiiiiice. Very nice indeed! :)

Edited by TrinitySydney

In the imp: Sweet, red wine

Fresh on the skin: Red wine with a dark, spicy undertone that morphs to include some peripheral rose.

Later: The wine scent faded and rose and myrhh and something dark came out to play.

I love this! Lilith reminds me of my beloved Masabakes (it must be this dark myrrh note, one of my favorites). Lilith starts off very strongly, but when it sets it's really sexy, dark scent, almost toxic. I like the wine and rose notes in this one, since Masabakes is mainly blackcurrants and this is more complex. Definitely a stronger scent but I will wear it this summer for sure (at night).

Hmm, this is definitely not what I had expected. Wet on my skin it reminds me of oranges and chocolate which then quickly turns into red slightly fruity candy. It remains red candy until a few hours later, when a sweet musty icky note takes over. I didn't mind the fact that it smelled like candy, I just wasn't expecting that. Definitely not a sexy scent for me, it seemed better suited for a little girl! I'll definitely be swapping the imp, sadly enough.

At first, I didn't want to put this one on. The smell in the imp was very sour. But... I've been surprised many times before, and this time is no different.

On my skin, Lilith is pure sex. I'm not talking conventionally sexy either. This is sexy as in "I will take you now and drink your soul while I f**k you and you will love every single second of it." It's very dark because of the myrrh and musk, but there's also a polished fruit note to it from the wine. To my nose, the rose is blending with the wine to give it a dark floral edge. This is hot as hell. I put on Lilith and then put on a skirt, heels and lace top. I hardly ever wear feminine clothes, especially sexy predator clothes.

Verdict: A scent for the sex demon in you. Makes me want to ravish someone.