Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Lilith

Mother of Demons, Vengeful Fury, Darkest Seductress, Queen of the Djinn, Goddess of the Gate. Red wine, myrrh, black musk, and attar of rose.

In the imp: The red wine note is the strongest note. The other notes are lingering in the background.

Wet: Red wine and black musk reign, with the black musk having a lemon-y quality to it at first, followed by the attar of rose. As it dries, the myrrh note begins to emerge. This is a sweet red wine, and I don't know if it is the combination of the red wine and the rose, or just the wine by itself, but it's sweeter than I had anticipated and reminds me of something that I can't quite pinpoint at the moment.

Dry: The black musk note is even stronger in the dry phase, but I'm still getting a lot of red wine to accompany it, and finally, the rose. The myrrh note is present as well, but I have to put my nose really close to my arm in order to smell it. It seems to be content with its background role.

The next morning, I woke up and could still smell this on my arm. At that point, it was mostly cuddly myrrh, like the type in Bastet, sweetened by the red wine note.

Verdict: I didn't think I would enjoy this, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be! II'm glad that I was able to try it and will see how often I reach for the imp.

It's a very potent red wine and black musk. It makes it smell like a wine that I would give second and third thoughts about trying. It smells positively wicked. I don't really get any rose or obvious myrrh, so it really is just a sinister smelling wine. It's not something I like, but on the right person this would be a major hit.

Red wine is not one of my favorite notes because, duh, it smells just like red wine. That being said, Lilith is my favorite of the red wine blends I have tried so far. I always love the myrrh-black musk combination, and to my nose there is something spicy in this blend that's not accounted for in the listed components. The rose almost turns sour on my skin, but not quite. It's actually very beautiful; it's just not something I would wear.

I'm getting some buttery, creamy red current? Idk if it's just me, but there is a certain "milky" quality to it as in Alice. It's only red wine to me after I got here and read up on the notes. I guess the myrrh is the strongest on me, which it does tend to do. Not for me, but I'm sure someone will love this!

This smells really sweeter than I thought it would. The red wine and rose are the notes that are the strongest on me, I can't detect the other notes at all. My imp is almost empty and the age is unknown so that could be a factor. It doesn't stay long at all on me, so I'm itching to try a bottle if I can find one to see if the age is the issue or if I just didn't apply enough.

It's a really nice scent which is a shame that the wear time is abysmal. At least the rose in this didn't morph weirdly on my skin like Croquet did. It might be hard to find, but I suggest trying this out if you love red wine and rose tends to work well with your body chemistry.

Before I review this scent, I have to mention that my decant is now around 10 years old at the time that I am reviewing this. So my review might be different from reviews by others made when the scent was still new and fresh. My decant has aged very well and is still wonderful after all this time and perhaps even better now aged than when it was still new.

In the imp and just applied to skin it is sweet, maybe fruit and/or floral. I smell something that might be rose and perhaps something herbal and something sharper and lethal, though that last impression is probably due to the name of this scent. Lilith doesn not smell alcoholic in the slightest.

The scent deepens into a beautiful sweet, fruity, floral, musky and herbal scent with a bit of tartness. The fruityness smells like red wine or berries which combines really well with the rose, which isn't too strong. I am not sure what myrrh smells like, but I am guessing it is the bit of herbalness I am smelling. The black musk rounds out this scent nicely.

On my shirt this scent is much less sweet and a lot more herbal and floral, and stronger on the red wine. When I compare the scent on my skin to the one on my shirt, they are like two different scents, but in the same scent family. On my shirt the scent smells darker.

After about three hours a light incense note starts to emerge on my skin.

After Four hours I notice that the scent is getting lighter on my skin but on my shirt it is actually getting stronger. On my skin a lot of the fruityness has gone now (though there is still a little left) but on my shirt the red wine  has gotten stronger and the herbalness has gotten lighter.

After fifteen hours there is still a faint scent left on my skin, a little sweet and a little musky. On my shirt the scent is still going strong with all the notes noticeable. To smell the scent on my skin I have to put my nose to my skin, but my shirt is wafting Lilith all over the place when I move and I can also smell it when I sit still. I think Lilith is probably an excellent scent for a scent locket!

To me Lilith is like the wicked sister of Glasgow and I find I love this a lot. I love sweet scents with depth. I also love the tartness in this scent which makes it different from other sweets scents. I keep smelling my wrists and the scent is making me very happy. I think for me this scent is suitable for a lot of weather types, situations and moods because to me it smells wonderful and happy but it is also a scent that on me and with my skin chemistry is not an offensive scent to the nose, for me and for others.

Like all BPAL scents I feel this is great for all genders, nothing is masculine or feminine, it is whatever and however it makes you feel. In the same way all BPAL scents are also innocent and sensual at the same time because it depends on the wearers personality, mood and vibe. And it is suitable for all ages (most BPAL scents are in my opinion, perhaps only the ones with alcoholic notes and tobacco/smoke notes are not). Even though Lilith has a red wine note in it, it does not smell alcoholic so I think it is suitable for all ages.