Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Dark Side of Fire: cinnamon, bitter almond, and neroli. Heavily spiced, torrid, and possibly conflagrant.

yummmm
in the imp: cinnamon and almonds

wet: cinnamon and almonds

dry : cinnamon

this turned my neck red red red...i have a feeling wearing cinnamon there isn't a good idea, but it did smell quite lovely and i did get quite a few compliments while out at the club (which is called inferno as well - it was my joke for the night, wearing inferno to go dancing at inferno ha! ok i'm lame sometimes)

i had to wash the scent off my neck and leave cold towels to help the red blotching go down. thankfully i caught it in time and it didn 't stay red the whole night.

i think this scent is more for a scent locket. Edited by Shollin

There is no doubt that this is fiery and a bit sinister. It's very hot and has a strong bite to the cinnamon, but the almond really lends a richness and depth. The neroli adds a touch of orange "color" to this red and glowing scent. I don't dare touch this to my skin, but I do love the subtleties in the blend which I think would be lost on something other than a scent locket or oil burner because of the way cinnamon tends to amp. Proceed with caution on your skin, but I highly recommend trying these dark elements.

A great fiery scent, but the cinnamon also left welts on my skin where I applied it. It's a beautiful scent (and smells like Big Red gum, combined with almond oil), but if you have sensitive skin, then don't apply it to your skin. I'll use this either in my scent locket or in my oil burner.

In the imp

Sweet, marshallowy almondy yumminess.

On Me

Whoa nelly! Where the hell did that cinnamon come from? Thankfully, I'm a cinnamon fangirl, so this is making me one happy little person. Basically, the description says it all-- cinnamon, almond, and a distinct bitterness. Unlike some of Beth's other cinnamon blends, say, Uranus, this is a lot bolder, and there's that bitter spike in there.

Frankly...? I love it. It wasn't what I expected (I figured there'd be a smoky element given the reference to fire-- you know how Djinn and Malediction have that burning smell?) but still-- it's strong and yummy and mindblowing.

Admittedly, though, my usually not-sensitive skin is taking issues with it. Well, on my throat-- my wrists aren't bothered by this at all.

Wet, it smells like cinnamon cherry candy (and cherry/almond always disappears or powders out on me, so that must be its cue to exit). And sure enough, I'm just left with this fierce, lovely cinnamon. That proceeds to irritate my skin. Just as well...this is definitely more of a room scent for me anyway. One Hell of a room scent though!

Whoa, there Nelly!! What an interesting combination of notes.

In the imp: The bitter almond is the primary note- this reminds me of the original Jergen's lotion scent (the ORIGINAL from my childhood, not the crap they pass off as 'original' today). I am confused because this is supposed to be Inferno. Doesn't that mean HOT? Conflagration? Firey?

Wet: Sweet lovely bitter almond... with something in the background. Can it be? Is it really... CINNAMON!!!

Dry: Now I smell like the candy Red Hots. I am certainly glad I don't have any skin reactions to cinnamon because this is ultra-cinnamon

An hour later: didn't last very long- I barely detect anything on my wrist. I think this one will be relegated to the scent locket- maybe it'll last longer there.

Sniffed in imp: Almond, WHOA, followed by cinnamon after a few seconds, and faint whisper of something sort of sharp and soapy.

agree with the red-hot sentiment, that is what i smelt at first. is it just me, or does the lab have a minty undertone to their cinnamon? All the ones I have smelt so far seem to.

The almond comes out a little, but... where is my neroli *searches*?

it seems to have drown in a sea of red-hots.

My first review yay!

In the bottle:Cinnamon,heavy,bitter-sweet cinnamon and a hint of cherry (i don't know how it got there) and almond.Reminds me of something i've smelled before,but i don't know what...Being a cinnamon junkie,i loved it immediately.

Wet:Still hot cinnamon-y with a soft,almost powdery background that gives it more dimension and keeps it from being too sweet and flat.Smelling my wrist every two seconds,acting like a weirdo.I guess it's a good thing.:P

Dry:The cinnamon has settled down now and it's softer and not so hot.The almond became more prominent now and it gives it a cosy,warm feeling.Makes me feel relaxed and somehow sleepy.It's sexy,like the devil.

An hour later:This one doesn't stick with me for too long,or maybe it blends so well with my chemistry that i can't detect it,unless i smell my wrist.Then again,i don't put too much one.

Conclusion:I like this scent vey much.It's not the more commonly found sickenly sweet and blank cinnamon.It's the true,red hot,spicy cinnamon that resembles fire.I smell like atomic fireball candy,and boy do i love those!

This is a keeper!

Inferno was one of the first BPAL scents that I tried, so I feel very nostalgic wearing this again. :P

Cinnamon is definitely the star of this one. It's got a different feeling than the cinnamon in Eclipse -- Inferno's cinnamon smells like Red Hots, while Eclipse's is snicker doodle-y. I can smell a little bit of the bitter almond under the cinnamon; during the first fifteen minutes, it's a little fruity, and after that it goes soft, almost powdery. While this might be an intense scent straight out of the imp, it dries into something gentle and comforting. Great for a rainy day or when you're in need of a lift.

4/5

Inferno is so good that today I kept on putting it in spite of the fact that my arms were burning and so a big part of my face too near to the arms! The wet phase has a yummy bitter almond note under the cinnamon that is so similar to the south Italian wedding sweets. When it `s dry it tames a lot and goes on the sweet side, so I layered with Antique lace and it reached perfection. It`s a superb heavenly and foody hell!

Yum! In the imp this is a sharp blast of cinnamon and almond! Very nice! Those are two of my favorite notes. I'm not a neroli fan, but I didn't even notice it in when sniffing from the imp.

Whoa-CINNAMON! This is like Big Red perfume when I first put it on-seriously, Big Red is EXACTLY what this smells like. I'm lucky that I don't have a reaction to spicy scents, because this is intense. Very very strong!

Yeah, I like this scent, but I would not wear this as perfume. It really is like rolling in Big Red gum.

This one bit me the first time I put it on. I tried it on the back of my wrist and it left a slightly burny red mark the size of a Canadian dollar coin. It smelled fantastic, though- like cinnamon hearts, except spicier. I could feel my nose hair sizzle from the strength. :P

I tried it on the back of my hand a few days later and there was no burning. I think I also put less on, as the smell wasn't as intense. I think I can suffer for my candy smells, though- I really enjoyed this one!

In the bottle it's nothing but cinnamon. Wet it's cinnamon with almond. Too bad the almond doesn't stick around and it ends up smelling like Red Hots when it dries. Very disappointing.

After reading the reviews of Inferno, I tested this one carefully. Luckily for me, I don't seem to have a problem with the cinnamon. In the bottle (and on wet), this is definitely an inferno. Like red hots. Once I give it awhile to dry, however, it mellows considerably and I get this nice cinnamon-almond-smoke scent. I like it.

Yeeehaaa! Cinnamon!

I could smell the bitter almond in the imp, but, once on, it was alllll cinnamon. Hot, hot, hot cinnamon, with a faint sweet edge that might be the neroli and almond.

I don't usually react to cinnamon, but, I can almost feel the spot on my arm where I applied this. I'm glad I didn't put it anywhere more tender than that.

Wow, that's Cinnamon! And not the sweet cherry-cinnamon I get with Dragon's Blood scents, but a hot fiery cinnamon. Like those fireball candies.

After a few hours, it toned down and I could smell hints of something sweeter in there, maybe almond.

it's definitely a lovely scent, but wow! what a kick in the butt.

In the imp this smelled exactly like marzipan.

On me, it turns straight into red-hots.

Though I was glad it became less cloying, I think I prefer a more subdued cinnamon.

Initial impression:

Almonds! Yum! This is like a shot of marzipan.

First on:

Almond and cinnamon – scorching and yummy. I want to lick myself!

Dry:

After about 10 mins, this is a dry and spicy almond scent.

Finally:

It stays a warm and spicy almond, though I get no neroli. Lovely! Giving this to a friend.

In the bottle:

Heady. Hm, for whatever reason I got the impression that it might turn into really generic cologne on my skin.

On my skin:

The cinnamon came out bearing M16s and phosphorous grenades and promptly destroyed every single one of the other elements. After the brutal takeover, it set up a provincial government dedicated to irritating the hell out of my nose. :( Damn, I got nothing out of this but straight-up cinnamon. A sharp, pissed-off cinnamon at that. Smells exactly like sticking my nose in a bag of cinnamon-flavored candy.

[d]Drydown:[/b] The other elements do come out a bit in drydown, but really, it just turns the scent from "atomic fireballs" to "that old fashioned cinnamon hard candy my grandmother likes." It's not terrible if what you want is a really basic cinnamon scent, but it's underwhelming, and the strength of it is a little off-putting. Sigh.

In the imp, almost all I smell is the bitter almond. I see to be particularly sensitive to smelling it - because every other oil I've smelled that has bitter almond, that note sticks out to me.

Wet on - no sooner have I put a bit of the oil on my wrist than I smell cinnamon, quite strongly.

Drydown, it's still very cinnamon, and a bit worrying at that: I didn't buy this to smell like those cinnamon-disc candies.

Dry, initial - It's still quite cinnamon-y but the almond & balance it out. It's pretty nice, though we'll have to give it a wear to determine lasting power, throw, et cetera.

I was pleasantly surprised by my frimp of this; it isn't something I'd have chosen for myself, but I am definitely going to put a bottle of this on my next order.

In the vial: sharp bitter almond, with a hint of something indescribable and smoky around the edges.

Wet: gloriously strong cinnamon pushes through the almond, exuding that hot, sticky taste of Atomic Fireballs. There's still a bit of smoke around the edge, but the cinnamon is too powerful.

Initial dry-down: the almond and neroli assert themselves, giving off a rich, scorched almonds smell (almost as if you toasted them too long in the oven).

Dry (several hours): the cinnamon peeks through a bit, giving the scent a good balance.

This scent lasted most of the day on me, but with very little throw. The scents aren't subtle, but they are also not overpowering - this is something I could wear at work without worrying about sensitive noses, but is seductive enough for a close date.

This was one I tried on my search for the perfect not sweet cinnamon. This was not it, unfortunately. Wet it's almond, then it gets all big red gum with a hint of something else under it (the neroli?). Quite a bit too sweet.