Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gemini noir

Pink Moon 2005

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, dogwood and muscari, dusted with pink sugar, carnation and honey, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

I was worried about this scent - I'm not sure 'pink' is really me. When I smelt it in the bottle, I nearly put it up for swap/sale then and there - far too sweet, sickly pink candy for me, Urgh. Wet, it was just as bad.

But within about ten minutes or so, it dried to a gorgeous dark smoky brown sugar. Still sweet, but in a burnt way, or like high quality maple syrup. I never ever thought I would want to smell like maple syrup, but this is just gorgeous! It lasted hours on my wrist too, possibly the longest lasting scent on me yet. Just lovely.

Mmmmmm. Pink.

Courtesy of Vige

In the bottle: warm and very sugary

On me: The strawberry is coming out. It's creamy. There are florals here, but I'm really bad at identifying florals. There's also a whiff of...menthol?

I love this. A perfect summer scent.

First Impression: Sugar glaze - the kind you get on hard candy apples.

Dries down to: The florals start to assert themselves and become more prominent. The mental image I get is of a garden that's been coated in a honey crackle glaze and the flowers are now breaking through the glaze as they bloom.

Additional Comments: I can't really detect the strawberry, which is just as well, as I found it to be overwhelming in Bon Vivant. I'm also not having a problem with the honey like I often do. I love the complexity of this blend but would probably not wear it out. It will be wonderful as a room scent and to wear on days I'm staying at home.

Lasted: Unfortunately, it's short-lived on me - about an hour.

Rating: 3 out of 5 (would have been higher if it lasted longer)

This is lovely!! Took a couple of times trying it before I decided...I think I love it!

I don't get much strawberry unless the slight tartness is strwberry. Not sugary sweet but just right! The honey is gorgeous!! I LOVE Beth's honey notes!!

It eventually dries down to a subtle, light, creamy honey with a hint of sweet...incense, is all I can think of. The honey and incense-like(whatever it may be in this) notes turn this into a rich, round voluptuousness that keeps it from being too light and floral on me.

Just might have to hunt down a bottle of this one. This is also the first lunacy I've tried. Now I really* can't wait for Strawberry and Honey Moons to arrive!!

I'm a pink-loving girly-girl, so I'm happy to have a decant of Pink Moon to try!

OMG, it's Sugar Skull as a summer scent--that same yummy sugar note comes out first, but then there's a huge bouquet of wildflowers underneath (I don't know what phlox smells like; the flowers all seemed to blend together). The strawberry note is faint, but it's like a touch of Bon Vivant under Sugar Skull...I've never layered those two, so I'm glad Beth has done it for me in a way that works so well! :P

Sniff: Pink Moon is like those sugar candy flowers on a birthday cake.

Wet: Candy - very candy.

Dry: Its pleasant in a sort of creamy floral, its really candylike on me.

Impression: PINK! Victoria Secret Pink!

Verdict: Well, its likeable, but not in a way that had me wanting to lick my wrists or anything. It reminds me of Prague, but I like Prague better.

:P It has found a good home.

I swear I smell pink pepper in this one. I smell cotton candy, strawberries and pink pepper! pleasant light and fresh, and very ... PINK! it dries down to warm sugar glaze, still with the pink pepperiness, not overwhelming, but there and warm and heating it up. Wearing it it gets warmer and rounder, less little girlish

Origin:

I got an imp of this from cricketshay. :D

Preconceived notions:

I didn't order this both because I'm a tomboy (I hate pink with a passion) and because practically everything in Pink Moon is something I either don't like or don't like to wear as perfume (i.e. sugar and strawberries - delicious, but not me in terms of perfume, normally), but I'm trying every LE that comes out because I just want to experience them all, regardless of the "fit." :D

First sniff:

Oh wow, that is sweet. I'm not generally a sweet scent kind of girl (with the exception of Sugar Skull and maybe a couple other scents), so that's not a good thing for me. I smell sugar, honey and some sort of...fluffy smelling florals if that makes sense, with a hint of strawberry in the background.

Wet on skin:

Less nauseatingly (again, for me, sweet scents tend to nauseate me) sweet and far more wearable in my mind. The honey and sugar are still the most prominent notes here, but the strawberries are putting in a sort of "strawberry ice cream" show in the background. The florals are very subdued with the strong sweet notes drowning out most of their punch (not a bad thing since I don't do florals, either) and the general impression I get is of hazy pink clouds of spun sugar and other sweet treats heaped over a bowl of fresh strawberry ice cream.

Dry down:

Heavier on the strawberry ice cream and less intense in the sugar and honey area. The florals are getting a bit of showtime, too, and for reasons inexplicable even to me I kind of like this. :P

The bottom line:

I'm not sure I'd ever really wear this (too girly), but it really smells rather lovely.

First Impression: Sticky sweet and so very PINK!

Second Impression: Strawberry cotton candy fresh off the paper stick. I don't get much floral, just a delicate undertone along with a hint of the lunar oils. I don't love the strawberry note but it doesn't last long. I love the spun sugar pinkness of it!

Final Analysis: This is a totally lickable, completely craveable scent. I :P Pink Moon layered with Pink Sugar body frosting. So delectable.

PinkPinkPink

There is no way around this one...

Pink Moon smells like strawberry bubble gum to me. In the vial, I wasn't so sure about it...it smelled yummy, but almost too sweet. On...it is bubble gum.

I get no florals (which is what I would have expected to scare me off), no lunar oil base, and no real strawberry, except for the sharpness of the artificial bubble gum smell.

I don't dislike this so much that I need to go wash it off, but at the end of it, it's not really me. :P

Edited by emzebel

In the bottle:

Like everyone says: pink! It ranges from flowery-sweet to a very sugary-sweet, with a tiny chemical edge that makes my teeth ache, like children's toothpaste. No strawberries.

Wet:

Oh, my GOD, this is sweet. Sugar sugar sugar, a little like bubblegum. There's a wet bit of something less synthetic behind it which smells more like a plant-sweetness, but still no strawberries. It's a little sharp and overwhelming, and I hope it dries down a little softer.

Drydown:

There's still something a little chemical and bitter about this that I don't like. It makes me think of articial sweeteners very strongly, and I *think* it's the lunar oils. I only smell it when my nose is right on my skin, though, and farther away there's just a cloud of undefinable sweetness. I wish I could pick out notes, but it's a combination of me not being very good at that anyhow, and this being a particularly well-blended scent on me.

I'd like to try this on my mom -- she put on Tiger Lily and got nothing but lilies, whereas for me that one is just sweet with a strong top note of honey. I bet individual florals like her skin more than mine. The only thing I can identify beyond sugar is daffodil (which is a sugary flower-scent to me anyhow).

A couple hours later, and it's not so sickly-sweet, though there was a period of time when it was seriously turning my stomach, like I'd been eating packets of Equal or something. When I got into my broiling-hot car, the strawberries jumped out at me (??), so now I've got that, but it's still a more sugary version of strawberries.

One of the most interesting things I noticed was that my interest in eating sweet things completely dropped off while wearing this. I immediately started craving a turkey sandwich with spicy mustard and pepper-jack cheese from Safeway, and while I was there I got a green tea frappucino and told them to leave out the melon syrup. So...if you have a raging sweet tooth like me, and are trying to find a way not to crave the sugar-goodies, I'd suggest wearing this! :P

Otherwise, unless I can find something to layer this with that cuts down the sweetness, I don't think this is the scent for me. :D

I should add that Blood onmy hands, who I got this imp from, very sweetly sent along a sample of the Skindazzler Tickle Me Pink lotion for layering. It does go very well, and I'd suggest the combo to anyone who loves this scent!

Everyone else said it, and I'll repeat it: this sure does smell pink!

To me it smells of strawberries in combination with florals that I can't pick out individually, over a very sugary smell that has a creamy or caramel ("brown sugar") dimension. The first couple times I tried it, the pink sweetness was very strong and then other scents came out on drydown. Right now, it's the other way around: initially the lunar oils (a more peppery or herbal scent) come on strong initially and then on drydown it's more pink sweetness like in the bottle. I think the change may just have to do with the aging of the oil (I haven't worn it for a month or so). Or it might be my skin chemistry today.

I do notice that these lunar oils tickle my sinuses a tad, but not too much.

There are some sweet scents that I really don't like. This isn't bad, but it's not really me either. I think it's fascinating, though, that a scent can be so freakin' pink!

Yep it smells pink. Sweet, sugary and floral. I do not get strawberries or any other kind of fruit from this, just sweet florals (don't ask me which kinds, I'm terrible at picking out floral notes :P ) coated in sugar. Overall Pink Moon is warm and sunny, a stroll through a flower garden in spring with a glass of champagne and cute boy.

In the bottle... smells like that new barbie perfume I've sniffed while wondering the ailes of sephora. Very girly girly girly.

On the skin - very sweet and soft. Pink sugary cake frosting. The scent almost spells out the word "pink" to me, it's all I think of when I smell my wrist. Not in a bad way, just in a very feminine "legally blonde on amphetamines" way.

Dry after about 30 minutes - There's a light sugar smell, almost like sugar cookies. It's sweet in a much more mellow sense. I like the drydown much better than the initial two stages.

All in all.. I may keep this decant around for a while, but I have a feeling I might eventually swap/sell it. I know it isn't me but it's hard to part with a lunacy blend.

I was sort of set against this poor Lunacy from the get go. Pink. Pink Moon.

Why ruin a moon with flippin' PINK?!

(I'm SO not a girlie girl)

Yet trying it made me smile- it DOES smell pink. Not really floral to me, but sweet- sugary- like a sweet pink sugar candy. It's a little bit creamy when I wear it, but not as heavy or buttery as Milk or Chaste moons. Sort of like baha rosa in a fashion.

I don't notice ruffles. I don't think dresses. I do smell pink, yet not the girlie girl pink. Something in the lunar oils seems to save this one for me. True, it isn't badass punk rocker neon pink- yet I can live with this one. :P

I still feel slightly embarissed to admit I like pink.

The first 20 minutes or so are nice enough, but just too floral for my personal taste. It's powdery-girly with a faint undertone of rot, but not in an unpleasant way.

Drying down, this is pure sugar-dusted pinkness. It's super-feminine and innocent and just so pretty, with that shimmery note I associate with the lunar oils that saves it from being too adorable. Quite unexpected.

Edited by maewitch

pinkmoon.jpg

In the Bottle: Very fruity, like strawberry candy. I can smell little else at this point.

On skin, wet: Sweet strawberry candy, powder, I feel like there's a bit of vanilla, too. Some tart, spicy floral--carnation? Could be phlox. I don't know what that smells like. (hubby says blueberry muffins). So far, mmmmm….

Drying: Strawberry lessens, much more spicy floral--carnation. Also a hint of light grassy smoke (very faint)--not what I expected. This smokey smell is very short-lived, which is a good thing.

Later Drydown (2 hr): Pink. Strawberries and the powdered sugar from bubblegum candies. There are florals, blending very well with the fruit and sugar. Its sweet and pretty, but not sickeningly syrupy or candylike. Good staying power on me.

Overall: Though its not the same, it gives me the same feeling as AC joy Mojo--like a ACJM without the spice/anise. And its got good staying power (still pretty strong after 4 hours, which is atypical for my skin.

ETA: This was one of the first bottles I purchased, almost 2 years ago now...whenever I wear it I'm taken back to the nostalgia of my bpal newbie days. I adore this scent, even though the fruity floral girly blends generally aren't what I gravitate towards.

Also, this is more complex and nicer on me than Pink Phoenix.

Edited by jewelbug

Oh my, a new love for me!

In the imp--Fruity, sparlking and PINKY SWEET!

On me---a nice floral with a pink sweetness that is just perfect. It feels like it is made for me!!!

Later---still sugary pink and floraly, a bit muted, but still very nice.

Overall--My number one scent now! Love it!!! Hope to find more!! :P

Pink Moon

Wet: Strawberries!

Drydown: Strawberries and cream!

Longterm wear: It's sweet, but not my thing. A little too sweet on my skin.

smells downright Pink I do declare!!!

Sugary strawberries with a dollop of homemade whipped cream :P

slightly florally...perhaps sugared violets....such a goshdarned pretty scent :D

Whew! This one is strong! Out of the bottle it's sharp and sweet all at the same time. I'm getting a very perfumy floral. It's a light floral mixed with something sweet and ripe.

On my skin the flowers are slightly upstaged by the a sweet sugary scent. For some reason, it smells a bit like maple syrup with crushed flowers on my skin.

This reminds me of something...but I can't quite put my finger on it. It's a perfume my mother used to wear.

Pink Moon has a very commercial feel to it, it's something you'd smell in a department store, something everyone could like. It's mature and playful all at the same time.

I like it, yet It might be a bit too strong for me.

I'm going to wear this for a little while longer and see how I feel. :P

**Edit**

Ok, this scent actually is beginning to give me a headache. I think it's just a bit too floral for me :/ It's a bit on the "perfumy" side. Very very strong. Such a shame becasue I really thought I was going to like this.

Edited by CourtneyLynne

In the Bottle: Bubblegum (I get that a lot in the bottle with Lunacies), hints of amorphous fruit, maybe strawberry, and some alcohol.

Dry: Something soft and pink, with something sharp and aromatic on top... Sage?? It's a pink herbal, if there can be such a thing. There is floral and herb and on my skin they are a bit uneasily mingling. It may mellow. It's kinda pretty, I will be giving this another chance.

preconceived notion: The only think I could conceivably love more than a pink scented perfume is one that also has pink glitter in it. Phylox? Honey? Tulips? STRAWBERRIES? Bring it on.

in the bottle: sadly, the oil is not pink, but rather the colour of flat champagne. But the smell is redemptive and delightful... this is like a thick strawberry-honey elixir prepared fresh in some distant land of unicorns and Rainbow Brite. Somehow this is a lot richer than a candy smell, and yet doesn't have any of the thickness I associate with frosting or ice cream. If anything it's a summer pink-ambrosia salad, complete with orange slices and nut bits and coconut and marshmallow and pink-coloured whipped cream. It's a perfect chilled dessert, sitting out on a picnic table in a picturesque park next to a middling-sized lake and a grille.

wet: delicious. There is a vague spiciness here, but the overall impression is strongly fruity with a hint of soft florals. This smells like a strawberry-flavoured Italian Soda.

drydown: this quickly becomes faint but holds on tenaciously with a soft misty sweetness for a few hours before disappearing altogether. Despite claims to gender neutrality, this is perhaps one of the most feminine, nay... girly... scents from BPAL I've tried yet. Only those completely comfortable in their sexuality-- or those with certifiable estrogen reserves-- should venture here.

verdict: OMG YES ORGASM MORE PLZ.

post-conceived notion: I am a girl and like girly things. So sue me. :)

at first: sweet and candy-like. definitely pink.

on: this is more syrupy on me now. odd. i'm not sure if i like it.

4 hours later: this is powdery and vaguely sweet, but barely there.

overall: i'm glad i didn't end up getting a bottle of this. it just isn't for me.

Pink Moon is really ... cute. no, seriously, its a cute scent. on me, it's delicate and chipper. i'd really like it if there wasn't this one note thats like overripe fruit on me. its the same note found in the Hanging Gardens that was bad. here it's less, but it's presence is enought to ruin Pink Moon for me.

i'll likely keep an imp as id' like to have an almost full set, but the others will eventually head off to the swaps.

n.