Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gemini noir

Pink Moon 2005

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, dogwood and muscari, dusted with pink sugar, carnation and honey, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

Pink Moon: This is Chaste Moons pink sister. :D I get the same creamyness with just a little stawberry aroma. Like Chaste Moon it is kind of babyish, it has a pure sense to it. I like this and Im glade that I have a bottle. :P

I finally got an imp of this to try (thanks to a lovely Forumite), as my order has been detained at the Lab. After reading the reviews, I was expecting this to be much sweeter than it actually is. The more I wear it, the more I like it and the more I can pick out different notes in different phases. I cannot, however, pick out the phlox, daffodil, dogwood or muscari, as I've never smelled them before. When I first apply, it is mostly floral on me and as it dries on me, the honey and pink sugar come out just a bit and soften the floral note. I also get a slight aquatic tinge and of course, there are the "lunar oils" that I've grown to love that are the basis of the scent. While this doesn't really smell like Venus, it makes me feel the same way Venus used to.....it brings out my inner Venusian Goddess (Libra here). For lack of better adjectives, this dries down to a soft, pretty, girly scent. I really like it. I was hoping to get a stronger berry from it, but I guess I'll count on Strawberry Moon for that.

At first it smells of sugar, almost caramelized and sweet. Must be the fruity note.

Then, the springy pink florals abound. I get the spicy scent of carnation mixed into softer things like phlox. Every now and then I get the whiff of strawberry sweetness.

The scent is very feminine without being saccharine or artificial. I love how fresh the floral notes appear in this blend.

In the bottle: Wow. This is super sweet. I like sugary goodness, but I'm afraid this will be overpowering.

Wet: Okay, I love this already. I had a Strawberry Shortcake doll when I was a kid. She was scented and I'd lean in to get a good whiff from her scalp. She didn't really smell like actual strawberry shortcake. She smelled almost of strawberry guavas, like the ones my grandmother had in her garden. Pink Moon smells JUST like my Strawberry Shortcake doll in the inital wet-on-skin stage. I feel like a little girl. I seriously have the urge to skip around my room. This is making me very happy.

Drying: My doll has gone away, and now I smell a strawberry and sugar goodness, much like strawberry soda. It's almost fizzy. Actually, I smell like strawberry Pop Rocks! I feel like I have that crackling energy as well. Like a kid hopped up on sugar, ready to face the world or spend an entire day laughing and hanging out with friends.

Dry: Floral, but a pink floral, still with a hint of strawberry. Pink Moon is fading, but it's still sweet and girlish. Perhaps a little more mature, but not too much. The florals aren't too strong and the sweetness is still there.

Pink Moon morphs on my skin from stage to stage, all while staying somehow "pink." It's sweet, sugary, and it makes me feel wonderful. I feel alive, gorgeous, and peppy. I think this has taken its place in my top five oils. Damn. :P

Edited by Aurelius

In Bottle: Sweet flowers.

On Skin: Pink! Floral, strawberry and sugar. I don’t smell the dogwood yet… The pink sugar and honey sweeten this deliciously. The scent smells edible. I expected it to be more cotton candyish, but the florals make it more springlike, pretty and adult. I’m hoping it will sweeten up with time because I was wanting more of the pink sugar note…

I was really looking forward to this, but alas, was not for me.

In the bottle - SWEET PINK!

On me: Very very very very VERY strong pink sweet smell, syrupy, way too much. Blah. Then the florals come in just as strong, so strong that they don't smell anything like flowers anymore,.. more like something rancid. It's all just too much. I had to wash this off.

In the bottle this is sweet as sugar, with a loud strawberry note.

On my skin, it starts quite loud and PINK, but dries down to a very nice sweet floral with more than a hint of sophistication. It is much nicer on than in the bottle, thank goodness.

Pink Moon May just be a favorite of mine. Its thick, creamy, and PINK. Hmmm sounds a bit naughty to me. I've never smelled Phlox and have no Idea what it looks like but if it smells anything like this then I need to get some growing around my house.

I originally thought this would smell like cotton candy pure and simple, but its not cotton candy, its a bit like bubblicious but with more floral notes. I just can't say what gives this its scent, its gorgeous, longlasting, and beautifuly pink.

Yum

I just had to add that this is strong without being overpowering. It starts to smell like Tea a the end of the day. I really love this oil, one of my favorites!

Edited by Nadirah

:P

In the imp: A surprisingly INTENSE, syrupy, almost burnt-sugar smell.

Initial application: The sugar blossoms out into pure cotton candy, like the smell just before you bite off a big puff of it. This is a scent I ADORE.

After half an hour: As it begins to dry, I can see the comparisons people have made with Chaste Moon - there's that same creaminess here, although it's candyfloss creamy, rather than the buttermint creamy of Chaste.

Drydown: The sugary note is remaining predominant on me, but the florals have eventually emerged to round it out, so that now it's candied flowers, or standing in a pretty spring frock in a garden, eating cotton candy. It's somehow very girly and yet NOT "girly" in the way I'd typically use the word... I can't quite put my finger on it.

I absolutely adore this. Beth does it again!

In the bottle~ Bubble Yum! It smells like sickeningly sweet pink bubble gum. I had heard that this was a very sweet, sugary blend. I wonder how it will work on my skin.

Wet~I'm happy it doesn't smell like bubble gum on my skin. It's a very light sweet sugary scent. It reminds me of the sugared fruit in Dia De Los Muetros(without the smokey note of course) It's not very "Pink" smelling, but then again what is "Pink" suppose to smell like.

Dry~There's another note coming through as it drys down. Must be the phlox and Daffodil. I am finally getting the floral notes. It started as pure sugar and has ended as a soft floral. Very pretty Spring time blend. I will keep it for awhile.

This is very yummy. It starts off very sweet... then calms down to a strawberry-floral that is very pleasing. This scent makes me smile :P

mmm, very much like a lighter chaste moon. with a strawberry hint instead of the vanilla/ banana/ pineapple I get from chaste moon. very nice!!

Pink Moon. We are not meant to be together.

First sniff from the bottle is wonderfully PINK, floral and sugary, like some kind of candy. On my skin, the pink goodness lasts for a little bit. After about 10 minutes, I smell what I think is labdanum, but maybe it isn't. After another ten minutes or so, the labdanum smell is gone and I'm left with a sweet strawberry-floral scent.

Pink Moon doesn't last very long on me. I caught some good whiffs of it in my hair, but not enough to satiate me. The after-smell in my hair smells a lot like Chaste Moon. As much as I wish Pink Moon would work for me, I may have to let it go. Too bad, so sad!

Pink Moon

THis is my first moon, and I LOVE it.

I smelled the bottle and smelled pink. I didn't know you could smell pink. And not a pale pink, but a strawberry bubble gum pink. This is yummy yummy sent.

My skin does NOT obsorb the top smells :P

(leaving a baby powderish smell, which my skin often does).

I wish I had ordered more than one bottle.

This is a wonderful scent!!!

Ohhh, this smells like heaven. I smell the strawberries, but they aren't the main focus. I smell the flowers: phlox, and tulips, and daffodils. Something is sweet, so that must be the sugar or honey. Something about this smells slightly cool, too, as though this moon shines over a chill spring evening.

Yes. This is spring. This is a beautiful, feminine scent. Light, but not too light. Perfect, actually. I can't stop smelling my wrist and closing my eyes in delight. :P

MMmm.... Pink Moon starts off with a big BANG! Of bright pink syrupy sweetness: a bit bubblegummy, but this phase is like a big girly giggle that quickly evaporates into something a bit more mellow. What I get next is instanteous ticklish PHLOX, and I'm so happy about this because I adore the pink, powdering POOF of phlox. It is girlie, it is pink, but it is softly rounded with a hint of spice. Pretty much the perfect scent for a bright spring day.

Pink Moon

In the imp: holy moly, strawberry milkshake! *licks lips* this smells just like fresh strawberry milkshake with something flowery in the background.

Wet on skin: the sugary sweetness is still there, but there's something darker there…almost like burnt wood? What is my skin doing to this? It's bizarre, and slightly worrying.

Dry on skin: oh this is interesting…this doesn't smell very strawberry-ish any more, there's something crisp and green, or crisp and woody in this. With a hint of warmth. Reminds me of sandalwood, but crisper. It's underscored by a lovely sweetness…maybe this is the scent of strawberries with their leaves. And it improves as time goes on…the sweetness gets richer, but still with that biting green woody note to start with, but the sweet smell underneath is quite delicious-and the strawberries return.

After a while: after about 5 minutes, the sharp green note fades away leaving a wonderful sugary sweet note on my skin, like warm syrup, like strawberry juice left in the sun, like candy floss that's melted, like pink flowers in the springtime. But there's an interesting bite to this, like a twist in the scent, it's spicy and intriguing. It's not sickly sweet at all.

After ten minutes, the sweetness develops again. I swear I can smell banana in this? Strange, but pleasant. Maybe that could be the honey reacting with another note. There's a floral quality to this, added to the squashed strawberry and sugar smell. There's a lot of sweetness in this, including sugar and honey, plus strawberry juice, plus a green note like spring flowers or grass or leaves. I have no idea what dogwood, muscari and phlox smell like, but maybe that could be it.

After fifteen minutes, the smell becomes ever sweeter, the fruity and sugary notes get stronger.

After 20-30 minutes, this smells like strawberry fudge or candy floss!!! Yum!

As time goes on, it gets sweeter and pinker, and there's a light floral note there that also seems to intensify.

Verdict: like Chaste Moon, these lunar oils are unbelievably complex, they morph so much and reveal great assortments of notes. I was hoping this would smell of pure strawberry milkshake when I applied this, but it changed so much…at first I didn't like it because it had a scary astringent note, this quickly faded to a wonderful sweet fruity-floral with a hint of something spicy or green and woody. This smell is like a sunny April day, with sugar and honey mingling with warm strawberries over spring flowers and foliage. It's gorgeous and delicious, so girly and springy, and yet so interesting with it's complexity.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Pink Moon was exquisite when it first touched my skin, like a pink sugar version of Sugar Skull. It was sweet and light. I could eat it up!

As it dried, the florals appeared and dulled the sweetness. A hint of the pink sugar remained but it was no longer prominent. A vague hint of strawberry mingled with the sweet flowers.

Pink Moon ended up as a lovely, light floral. As I am not a fan of florals, I can't see myself wearing this enough to keep the bottle.

Oh god, I'm going to turn into some sort of LE snob, aren't I? Catalog scents won't be good enough for *this* girl!

Pink Moon is the first lunar blend I've sampled, and now I'm desperate to sniff all those ones I've missed. I've really enjoyed a lot of the BPAL catalog scents I've tried, but this is just a whole order of magnitude beyond....

For me, the strawberry, the sugar, and the unusual florals were all perfectly balanced in this amazing wave of soft pink bliss. This is the happiest thing I've ever smelled in my life. Plus I love the Nick Drake song "Pink Moon", so this is all-around a winner. I really wish I had a whole bottle, but I think I'm going to spend my limited cash hunting down the rest of the lunar LEs, instead.

In the bottle Strawberry syrup. Very strawberry and sweet, thick and preserved.

Wet Hmm. Strawberry still. Slightly sweet. I get none of the creaminess that others did.

Drydown Suddenly, this gets very, very sweet on me. And there's a weird tinge of something going on in the background. Slightly plastic-like. As it dries further, I get a huge burst of floral, which seems odd. All the strawberry disappears, replaced by huge bunches of flowers. Flowers lightly dusted with sugar.

Overall, it isn't something that really disagreed with me, it just was a whole lot of elements that aren't my thing.

i was very excited to get my pink moon!!

in the bottle: it does smell pink! and sweet! there's a kind of...earthy... undertone, but that probably won't dominate...

on: my, this is an assertive one! and what's that kind of sweaty scent?

dry: it does smell pink, and kind of strawberryish, but unfortunatly, it also smells of a long workout! must swap this one :P

This is definately my new favorite scent. I wasn't even going to order it, but got an imp of it so I'd not just be buying a single imp, and this is so SWEET!

It smells like a strawberry milkshake, only home-made with real strawberries and maybe some flowers thrown in. I've been smelling my hand (I use freckles as test-spots) so much I feel dizzy with the pinkness, and I love it!

Oh my.

I'm not normally a fruity person. Pink Moon at first sounded as if it would be too sweet.

On my skin, Pink Moon is at first strawberries and honey. At first, I'm not quite convinced it's strawberries I'm sniffing. Strawberries? No, this smells more like blood oranges to me. It's far too heavy to be merely strawberries. I'm not immediately wild and zany about it, but I don't dislike it. It's extremely juicy, which I like. I keep sniffing my wrist, and after about a minute the florals and sugar kick in, superceding the strawberry/honey marriage but the two are still in the background.

It's like a yummy party going on. The juicy feeling is still there, but growing fainter. Although very sweet, Pink Moon has managed to fit within the confines of what I deem sweet enough. I keep sniffing my wrist.

Then, after a span of five minutes.... it happens.

The faint smell... nah, it couldn't be, but yet... behind the sweetness lies the small yet unmistakable plastic odor of Chap-Stick. Oh, wait. Hello! Now it's gone again. Must've been my imagination. Silly me.

Ten minutes into the Pink Moon experience, and the party that was going on seems to have disappeared, leaving a sort of bubbly strawberry fragrance on my wrist. Considering how readily it jumped at me earlier, I'm surprised at how quickly the fragrance has petered out. I wait a bit longer... maybe the notes are taking a break. Maybe the party needed to cool down a bit. Maybe they all ran out of beer, and a few notes are at the store. Who knows what these notes are up to.

Well, they're not up to being smelled. Fifteen minutes later I'm shmooshing my nose into my wrist, trying to grasp some sort of faint, errant little note that didn't abandon the scent shin-dig. At this point, I think my nose is making up notes its smelling just to get me to stop abusing the poor thing: Hey boss, I smell lavendar! Oh, wait, no lavender in the scent, huh? Well, uh... how about, uh... wait, how about this?"

Indeed, how about that. What was once a myriad of notes both lush and sweet has now transformed into... the smell of skin with a teeny-weeny note of strawberry. Which, really, isn't bad. Sure beats, say, a small waft of onions or a hint of jackfruit. After a while longer, thirty minutes after the initial application, the skin-berry smell is quite sexy. Nuanced, yet still sexy.

Overall, I like the scent, but I'm really perplexed about how faint it grew in such a short amount of time. Nonetheless, I'm keeping my bottle of Pink Moon, as the skin-berry smell at the end, again, isn't bad. In fact, it may be a good change for the boyfriend, who feels a lot of my BPAL oils are strong.

So long as that Chap-Stick smell that was threatening me earlier is at bay, Pink Moon is a keeper.

-doreen

Edited by feline.by.design

This is the first lunacy blend I've had the chance to try. In the bottle, it smells sweet, but not cloyingly so. On the skin, I immediately picked up the honey, which is a favorite scent of mine. After about half an hour the honey started to fade and I'm left with a very pleasant floral/brown sugar smell. This is a keeper.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Sugary flowers.

In the imp/bottle: Bright, pink sugar. Very, very sweet.

On skin, wet: Pink flowers! No hint of the strawberry, just pink flowers dunked in a bag of sugar.

On skin, dry: Sickly sweet and very floral. It's very nearly gone in about ten minutes, and I'm not disappointed.

Conclusion: This is definitely not for me.

Edited by Aredhel