Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Haunted

A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.

Sweet amber and...lemon? Yeah, I get quite a bit of lemon in this - it's like amber crossed with lemon cake.  Totally unexpected but I'm not complaining at all - it's delicious! 

In the imp: Amber and black musk. It's gently sweet, resinous, and the musk is a bit powdery. 

On my skin:

In other blends, both black musk and amber tend to be slow to develop on my skin, so I was curious, in a blend with just these two notes, which would be first. Turns out, it's completely powdery black musk straight out of the gate. I should note that this powder is quite a bit nicer than baby powder and evokes more images of ornate, antique dresser mirrors than it does of diapers. 

That said, after about 45 minutes of wear, it's still powdery black musk. I know the amber exists because I smelled it in the vial, but it has yet to make a noticeable appearance on my skin. 

It takes an hour for the amber to arrive, its resinous scent profile beginning to counterbalance the black musk. And in fact, it seems like my skin starts to eat up the blend before the amber can really get going. 

Not quite ready to give up on this one yet. Will try again in a week or two when my body chemistry has recalibrated. 

Edit 2/18 -- Tried again. Lightly lemon-scented powder. Not objectively bad on me, but not what I'd wanted from this blend. 

Edited by torischroeder9

Memories of moments lost devolved to sublime comfort. 

Wet: The black musky comes out fiercely in this. To a point where I wasn’t sure if I wanted to wear this for the day. And there’s something else a bit sharp in there too. Know others think lemon but it’s something else that I cannot fully place my finger it. 

Fortunately, as the wear continued, it settles into something finer and more pleasant. 

Dry: The Amber comes out! And it comes out in a divine form. The musk balances it out just enough so the amber isn’t sickly sweet. It becomes a glorious scent on my skin that is well balanced. 

Final thoughts: This reminds me a bit of Womb Furie a couple hours after the dry down with a slight musk twist. It is pleasant and one that I enjoyed wearing all day at work. It does lack a lot of throw on me to where I could pick up whiffs if it every now and again. Still very content with it as a daily wearable scent. May need to get a full bottle instead of just an imp.

It started out lemony on my skin then turned into baby powder. That's a "no" for me, I guess. That's a bummer cause I like the name a lot!

Oh! I adore Haunted. For me it's a little heavier scent, full of mystery and sensuality. It reminds me of a fortune-teller, someone with a strong character. When I wear it I feel seductively and confident.

Edited by Vefenna

Received as an imp. Plan to buy a full bottle next purchase. It is so simple, yet elegant. Smells like powdery flat soda, in a good way. The musk has a sharpness to it that I love.

Edited by Rane.

When it's wet I definitely get a very strong almond/cherry soda. It quickly becomes a citrusy wine note which reminds me of plum. This stays wet on my skin for quite some time. It morphs into a powdery sweet scent that is reminiscent of sweet tart candies.

For a brief moment in the drydown, I have hope that it won't be super sweet and foody. I can smell the amber and musk mixing to create a beautiful, powdery scent. Then the almond comes back with a vengeance, and I smell Play Doh. I love the listed notes, but this is far too sweet and almond heavy for me. 

3 out of 5 stars.

What I expected from Haunted based on various commentary was lemon meringue pie.

What I got from Haunted was a library.  This smells EXACTLY like the upper floors of my local library where it's always too hot, comparatively dead silent compared to the rest of the library, and full of serious research materials.  I can practically hear the crackling of acetate dust covers being opened.

It gets lemonier as it dries from the dark/black musk that I'm always a huge fan of.  It approaches foody but never goes full edible - maybe like an alien food, or since it's Haunted, a ghost food.

I don't think I've ever tried a black/dark musk that I didn't like and Haunted is no exception.

This scent makes me think of a soft warm blanket! It’s so cosy to me I haven’t smelt anything like it. Gentle amber (but long lasting!) 

I’ve never reviewed Haunted? It’s one of my favorites. So simple, so evocative. Bright amber and dusky musk, with that lemony tinge black musk often has. Like many amber-based scents, it feels old fashioned to me (in a good way) and lasts well. 

I received Haunted as a frimp and I think I may have found a new GC love. I get a sweet, clean amber with a hint of black musk. For some reason I expected this to be quite sharp but it is softer and sweeter than I was expecting.