Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sheepzeit

Hades

In the imp this is cold, sweet florals. Something is sort of syrupy. On my skin the syrupy thing goes away and it's sort of a swirling purple floral-incense. Very hypnotic. I get edges of heady white blooms but nothing is screechy or loud. As it continues to dry I get some deep green herbalness and a bit of salt from the ambergris. This is really interesting! Very gender neutral, and dark without being heavy. Very mysterious. 

In the bottle

Candy? Something sweet, that's for sure.

On my skin

Poopy. No joke. To add insult to injury there's a plastic note that comes out closer to the skin (it will be no surprise, then, that my overwhelming mental image of this one is a diaper.)

I'm just grateful it fades quickly after application.

Dry down

It's poopy diapers all the way down.

Duration

Lingers about half a day but I have to get close to smell it.

(Narrator: she does not get close to smell it.)

Verdict

Never has a blend been more appropriately named because Hell would indeed be smelling (and smelling of) poopy diapers for eternity.

Edited by donnaehm

Out of the imp I get an earthy, sharp greenness, but with complexity.

On my skin, a muskiness is immediately apparent that reminds me of red musk (which is not listed on the note list). It also reminds me of soap/powder. If I try reeeal hard I can make out the cypress. Yes, there is a hint of florals, which I'm not a fan of in general, and it just kind of reminds my of old ladies or Chanel or something. I'm going to have to pass with Hades, but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Unfortunately my partner is not a fan as well, either on themself or myself, so off to someone else it will go!

In the imp: Heady sweetness, narcissus and cypress. 

On my skin:

Wet, the narcissus and cypress combine to form a note that is almost like neroli on me. As it dries, the neroli vibe disappears, but narcissus and cypress remain, evocative of a humid (but not necessarily overly hot) summer night. There is a quality to the scent that is a little aquatic, which is very unlike how I'd picture Hades to be. 

Given more time to develop, the resins come out a bit more, adding a bit of... space... to the cloying quality of the florals. 

This is not at all how I expected it to be and is in fact quite nicer than I expected it to be. I'm not sure I want to wear Hades on a regular basis, but if this is what the place really smells like, I wouldn't mind going there. 

In the bottle and on the wand, I can smell mostly cypress and opoponax.

When applied to my skin, the narcissus starts to sing out, as it normally does for me, but I can also detect sweetness from labdanum and murky ambergris mingled with cypress.

As it dries down, I get more of the opoponax coming through, but the other notes that were evident in the wet phase are still very present.

This scent is big UNF for me. Gonna be sniffing myself all day 😅