Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
viciousviolet

Feu Follet

Deceptively gentle and lethally alluring. Jasmine and rose, touched with sparkling heliotrope. (Bewitching Brews)

Interesting. This is very perfumey to my nose--the jasmine and rose are soft, but verge towards generic fancy soap, to my nose. I can't discern the heliotrope. It's a pleasant scent, but not for me.

Edited by Voleuse

The jasmine in this smells like a rather non-flowery essential oil I once had. I definitely recognise it as jasmine, but it's not the kind of jasmine smell I like in my perfume. The rose is present, but not overpowering, and I don't smell any heliotrope at all. It's also kind of musky.

I got this as a sniffie.

In the imp: Smells like a rose.

On Skin: I get a bit of jasmine to it. But after five minutes, the rose comes out in full swing.

On Drydown: Smells like a rose.

Verdict: I'm not a huge fan of rose smells. My skin definitely amped up the rose note in this one. I think I'll pass on it.

Oh, MMM. The rose, jasmine, and heliotrope here are all gorgeously blended and turn into this lovely, rosey, gorgeous mix. I'm very glad I bought a bottle unsniffed. :P

On me this is very jasmine - a soft and pretty jasmine, rounded out by the rose and heliotrope. I like this.

Resurrected!

In the bottle: Very floral, very jasmine. This is my first jasmine blend, so I don't know if it works for me or not, yet.

Wet: Still very much jasmine, as I know precisely what rose and heliotrope smell like, and this is neither of them. Very...sophisticated.

Drydown: This is very much a sophisticated, pale-woman-in-a-black-dress perfume. The jasmine, for whatever reason, gives a very 'Southern belle' feel to this, for me. I think I just associate heady flowers with Southern summers. I don't know if this is particularly will-o-the-wisp-ish to me, it's more substantial than that.

Verdict: A very soft, pretty floral blend. I love it. :P

Very soft and pretty floral with a slightly sophisticated edge. I agree with Christine Daae, it makes me think of a woman in a slinky black dress. To my nose, it's mostly jasmine and heliotrope. I can't detect any rose at all (thankfully for me).

Very pretty indeed.

FEU FOLLET

In Bottle: Jasmine extreme

On Skin: Jasmine is the dominant note on me followed by the rose. This scent reminds me of a sweet soap. The jasmine is strongly floral and the sweet heliotrope does a great job of counteracting the sourness of the rose. It’s pretty, but not really me. It also has a slightly artificial scent to it. Very feminine and pink violet feel in tone. It’s a soft scent with light to medium throw and an average wearlength.

In the bottle: Sweet florals.

Wet: OH DEAR GOD, I don't know what that is (heliotrope?) but my skin is amping it like mad. It smells like...really pissed off chambermaid. You know, with the short costume normally worn at parties. But beating people over the head with the feather duster. I don't think I've ever said this before about, well anything, but...this perfume is too much woman for me.

Dry: It's dried down very subdued...whatever smelled so horrible is more powdery, softer. It might grow on me, if I can get past that scary wet stage!

Edited by savage_rose

Bottle: Rose...and a hint of the heliotrope, I think...it's just barely there, like a box on a high shelf I can just touch with my fingertips but not really grasp.

Wet: rose and greenery, still little of the heliotrope, and something underneath that is sort of...brown. I just don't know.

Dry: This is growing both sharp and soapy on me, like 2-5-7 did. Drat.

Later: rose soap. sweet rose soap, a little dusty from having sat in the decorative bowl on the back of the tank for a long while.

In the bottle: Jasmine, mostly, with hints of something else

Wet: Very warm bright yellow jasmine, becoming a little spicy.

Drydown: I think that heliotrope dominates completely, and I'm really not sure if I like this floral. It smells a bit woodsy, powdery and sweet. I get the rose and jasmine subtly, the jasmine is glowing yellow, and the heliotrope is glittery, in a way.

Overall: Pretty true to its description, though I'm definitely not a fan of heliotrope, I find it smells weird. This is pretty woody, in fact, and the jasmine goes rather shrill and acidic on me. It's yellow, like a feu follet, in my mind, but that's pretty much it. It doesn't speak to me much.

This is a knock-you-off-your-feet floral. Honestly, the jasmine in here is a doozy. It's just so RICH, and I'm not sure I'm the kind of person who can wear this kind of blend. It has a presence of its own.

non-resurrected original:

jasmine be damned, i'm so glad i'm getting to try this!

sniffed from the imp - smells medicinal and sharp

on skin: i hate jasmine, but i'm not getting the awful jasmine that smells

like literal shit

bad, thankfully. i get a stale/flat sort of rose scent and a powdery/dusty something that almost makes my eyes itch. i catch occasional whiffs of the heliotrope but i don't think it is holding up as well to the ravages of time and being trapped within the glass walls of impdom.

end verdict: beautiful soft floral, expensive perfumed soap.

In the bottle: Bright floral, clean but deep. A nice edge of sharpness. I can smell the jasmine and another floral note, must be the heliotrope - it's very fresh, that note. Hint of soapiness - in that clean good way.

Wet: Wow, um, not very different. Actually, I can smell the rose now - I couldn't really in the bottle. It's a bit soapier, not unbearable, but I wouldn't want it any more so. The floral is a bit more heady.

Dry: Soapy jasmine, with something incense-y I don't like behind it - patchouli? I'm not knowledgeable enough to know. I would love it without that incense note.

I have learned that jasmine is bad news for me. :\