Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The spirit of temptation, the essence of lost innocence. Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey.

for some reason...i was getting very sweet, very flowery and overpowering honeysuckle...i had to take it off unfortunately. my b/f asked if i was wearing gilette shave cream...punk. wish it coulda worked...its sounds so pretty.

Wow. ROSE. This scent is so sweet, floral, and feminine that wearing it makes me feel like a liar. At first I get almost entirely rose and ylang-ylang, but after I've been wearing it for an hour or so the apple creeps in and makes for a very nice, if very girly, scent. Unfortunately for me, not long after that it goes all soapy and weird. I'd like it more if the apple was a little more prominent, or the rose a little less overwhelming.

As is, I've been using my imp to scent letters to my Marine friend in Iraq, since he's quite sure that all women should smell floral and rosy.

Edited by Caspian Gray

In the bottle: Hypersweet honey, ylang ylang and rose. Er... eep!?

Wet: Obnoxiously sweet honey and ylang-ylang with... banana? weird...

Drydown: As it dries, I get another floral than rose, I'm guessing it's the apple blossom. There's also honey and ylang-ylang in large quantities. The rose comes out finally, it's a soft tea rose, makes me think of white roses. The sweetness has gone, mostly... it's more spicy than sweet, now.

Overall: I think that I'm not a huge fan of apple blossom, it dampens down the rose with a slightly sickly-soft scent. The blend becomes quite spicy with ylang-ylang, nearly peppery, which is quite nice. I think it does have an innocent/sinful duality, with the soft apple blossom and rose and the spicy ylang-ylang and sensual honey. However, it doesn't work out very well on me.

In the bottle: So. Very. Pretty. That's it, it's just a pretty smell. Everything about it is sweet (without being headache-inducing) and light.

On my skin: Wet, it makes my nose crinkle at first, but then there's the smell of blossoms behind that, which is very nice. Dry, it's more apple blossoms that anything else (well, I'm not sure what ylang ylang smells like, so I can't make a call on that one). It's clean... but in an unfortunately soapy way. It smells a little like body wash; fruity, floral and just a tad soapy.

Final Thoughts: I'm not really digging this one. The blossom smell I like, but it's not so nice when combined with the soapy smell.

Quick sniffy impressions:

Uh oh--plastic baby-doll heads. Not as bad as the melted plastic baby-doll heads I smelled in Delirium, but I absolutely do not have the stomach to put this on, not even to write a review.

This smells like ylan ylang wet and dries to a powdery musk. A very grandmotherly scent on me. I get none of the apples or rose, which is a shame since I love roses.

Hmmm. Upon opening the bottle, I'm struck with a very vibrant and cheerful scent. Apples covered in honey, with a hint of floral? Its almost sun-shine bright, bordering on a little /too/ bright.

But then it touches my skin and the rose comes out, balancing it into something soft and beautiful. The honey is still there, warm and soothing and I can still smell a fresh whiff of the apples, but the florals are really there now. I like.

A strong, ballsy rose blend. It smells mainly like rose and ylang ylang on me, which is always a wonderful combination. I can smell a touch of the apple blossom, but almost no honey at all. It's a very pretty blend, an interesting twist on the usual rose florals. I really like the ylang ylang note, it gives it a bit of sticking power.

Eve

In the imp: soft honeyed rose and ylang-ylang. This honey is sweet and gentle, not the sharp honey I get in some scents.

Wet on skin: I’m getting a floral I’m not 100% familiar with, which I think is the apple blossom. I also smell ylang and honey.

Dry: oh, this is such a pretty fragrance! Now the rose has come out in force. It’s honeyed rose-much rosier and less sharp than Jezebel’s-with heady ylang-ylang and a hint of a dry, light, springy floral which must be the apple blossom. This is a gorgeous scent, it’s warm and sunny, youthfully floral and with something innocent about it. I adore the honey-rose this has.

After a while: after about ten minutes, the scent isn’t as sweet and full as before. It’s now become a lot drier, a tad harsher. It reminds me of dried rose petals with dry blossom petals surrounding it-it’s not that fresh rose scent I had before, the rose has dried and wilted. It’s not a bad scent, but it’s not as lovely as before. The ylang-ylang is very piercing now (it’s not exactly the chemical scent others say this note has, but it’s almost like that now, it seems ever so slightly reminiscent of alcohol), and the honey’s gone. It now smells like a drier Silentium Amoris. This stage lasts until the scent fades completely.

Verdict: at first, I adored this scent! It was a gorgeous rose with soft honey and the other florals lingering pleasantly in the background. It was delightful! However, this stage didn’t last. The scent then became very dry and almost dusty in scent, like the fresh rose that was before had wilted a bit, and the ylang-ylang also becomes very dominant at this stage. This stage of scent isn’t unpleasant as such, but it’s not as wonderful as the first stage, which was fleeting, unlike the dry, old rose stage that lasts until the end. I might keep the imp of this, but it’s not my favourite rose scent.

Emoticon rating: :P

Bottle: apply blossom and rose, how lovely - I love apple blossoms...I live in an apple-producing state, so this time of the year I'm a Happy Girl.

Wet: sweeter, ylang-ylang coming forward. apple blossom receding, sadly.

Dry: oh, that shameless, showy rose, blooming it's little heart out, now..hints of the honey, I'm hoping it doesn't amp in unpleasant ways as is wont to do. the ylang-ylang is still in the supporting cast (where I prefer it, actually).

Later: light, wistful, and so far no honey-monster. it almost feels too young for me (even though I wear rose blends well and often) in the same way Szpasszony did. Lovely, though: maidenly and innocent, yes, ...and very lovely.

In the bottle - I LOVE this smell - I want to carry an imp with me everywhere or scent bath products with it or something. I definitely get the sweetness more, the rush of honey and roses.

Wet - like in the bottle, only it seems to get richer on my skin. I also love putting a little bit of this on the front strands of my hair so I can smell it all day.

After it dries: It actually stays best on my hair - apples and very rosey and feminine and soft. It fades off my skin a little and just leaves a whisper of a scent behind - clean, light and fresh smelling.

I love this scent so much even though it doesn't have the best staying power - it's just so beautiful :P

Oh my gods -- I can't even open this! Just sniffing it from the closed imp is almost headache-inducing. Lookin at the notes, it's no surprise -- rose is always dodgy on me, and only works in extreme moderation. Apple blossom and ylang ylang are beyond dodgy -- they're the exact sort of high sharp florals that my skin loves to amp into something resembling a neurological weapon. Icepick-to-the-head florals!

I haven't come across a floral this aggressive since Pride, but at least this imp isn't leaking like that one was, so I don't have to wear gloves while putting it into the swap box. I suppose this might be a good scent for someone who can actually wear those high sharp florals, but for me they're the olfactory equivalent of nails on a blackboard.

Grade: F

Eve

In the bottle: Honey and flowers, luscious

On me: Oh no! I am getting that funky scent that most florals give me.

in the imp:

Smells a little bit icky and plasticky on first sniff. Besides that, there's a pretty greeness there and a bright fruitiness too.

wet:

Oh, hi, rose. Rose rose rose...and a little bit of powder (damn you, honey!). It's pretty.

dry:

This doesn't change a lot on the drydown - still a nice rose floral with a bit of fruity brightness and slight powder.

season: spring and summer

office-friendly? yes

overall:

I like this...it's a sweet, natural-smelling floral that's light and fresh. It fades pretty quickly on me, though.

Eve starts out overwhelmingly floral on me, which made me consider washing it off. I decided to keep it on to find out what the dry scent would be, and I'm glad I did; it's beautiful. I smell soft flowers, a hint of apple, and something delicate and sweet. This is a light, feminine fragrance, and I'm definitely keeping the imp I have. Depending on how much I wear it, there may be a bottle of this in my future.

rating: 4/5

Eve is a bright and effervescent scent. It’s full of light and energy and rejuvenating qualities. The ylang ylang is the dominant scent and after the oil starts to dry down, a touch of apple and rose start to shine through. Unfortunately, the ylang ylang never calms down on me and is too artificial and powerful for me to wear on my skin. It smells too much like a Glade Plug-In. I think I might try it in some bath salts or put it in my oil burner or just swap it away to someone who will love it more than I.

Eve is so far the only really floral blend that works well for me. I usually get a sharp, 'generic perfume' smell from other florals (especially with rose) that give me a headache, but not with Eve!

Bottle- A sweet and innocent floral scent. I get the honey, ylang-ylang, rose, and I think apple blossom (more of a green smell).

Wet- Ylang-ylang is the predominant note at first and bordering on too much for me, but mellowed pretty quickly. I could get hints of the apple and rose, and the honey gave a depth to it all.

Dry- Mostly rose now, but surprisingly a rose that I like! The rose is such a light, soft, true rose- not that rotten or old rose that I usually get. Ylang-ylang has mellowed a lot and just barely there now. The apple blossom and honey add to the whole combination and make Eve such a well rounded blend. The scent is not heavy and overpowering like other florals I've met- it's light and fresh but with good staying power.

Eve is such a pretty, girly scent and smells so true to the description. The problem is that I'm not much of a floral person :P . I love to smell this blend (just can't keep my nose out of my arm!), but it's not 'me'. I hate to get rid of the imp, and think I will hold on to it for those rare moments that I want to feel like a girly girl.

I had high hopes for this one because I love me some rose and I love ylang ylang. Unfortunately this didn't work on me. It was straight, overpowering, perfume the whole way through. Most of the oils I've smelled so far have notes you can pick out and the overall smell is unique. This one smelled like department store perfume on me. I wish Eve loved me...

I hesitated trying Eve for awhile because I thought it had fig in it, and I don't like the scent of fig in other (non-BPAL) things that I've tried. So when I finally looked at the notes, I rejoiced and slathered some on. Unfortunately, my skin turned Eve into a monster! She's pretty roses mixed with the scent of air freshener/cleaner in a public restaurant's bathroom. :P Not even any honey to sweeten the deal. And the cap broke inside the imp. I think this means it's just not meant to be.

Eve was a frimp and one I wanted to try too. (Thanks, LAB!!!)

Eve starts off heavy on the florals to me, but pleasant---apple blossom and rose. There is another smell that seems a little "off" for a few minutes. The apple blossom smells a little like apple blossom perfume at this stage.

When I smelled it in the imp---the honey smelled nice and sort of fruity. On me, I don't get honey for a long time...mostly rose. And the rose is like a rose that is starting to dry a little (nice enough if you like that smell).

Even suddenly turned on me (in a very good way) about 1 1/2 to 2 hours in...she became very warm (a little honey) with nice rose and real apple blossom (the smell of apple blossoms is one of my favorite springtime/early summer scents!!!).

After another 2 hours, it is back to rose and apple blossom perfume, only a little fainter. It turned out to be nice on me, but I am not sure I will wear it THAT often because I think I would have to be in the right mood (maybe feeling like a flower fairy).

Nice though!

I do also have to say that I am impressed that these florals stayed pretty true on me, as florals have a tendancy to go all soapy/powdery on me. (just goes to show, it's all in how ya mix it! Beth can keep them true!)

Although I can't pick out any one note, I do smell a grapefruity/powdery/flowery scent. Just no single note. Interesting but nothing I would wear.

Not something I would have picked on my own - Rose is bad on me, and ylang ylang is iffy. Eve starts out light, sweet, and a little powdery, but after hitting my skin the ylang ylang dominates, even over powering the rose. After being on my skin for a while longer, the rose is a little more noticable closer to my skin, but the waft is all ylang ylang - no rose, no honey, no apple blossom. I don't think I'm a fan, honestly.

It starts off strongly sweet and floral on me, and I wasn't sure I liked it. After 30 min it mellowed out a lot and and was nicer, but I started getting the smell of creamed corn. Hmm. I love to eat creamed corn…but it's not something I want to smell like. It reminded me of blood rose, which went to a strange hot-kleenex smell on me. Eve was like blood rose plus cream corn...oh what a strange thought.

This is the first time I've worn a scent without reading the description.

Immediately this smelled like lilac. After about an hour the lilac was gone and all that was left was the very faint smell of fireworks (maybe not all fireworks though - maybe just smoke bombs?). It's kinda good actually. I don't smell apples or roses and I'm not sure what ylang ylang and golden honey smell like.

And now I've learned a lesson - give an imp a chance no matter what the ingredient list looks like. It might surprise you...

In the imp: I smell the apple the most, but I know that all four of these notes love to amp themselves on my skin.

Wet: Apple is in the lead...honey is at its heels...and here's rose coming up...poor ylang-ylang is being left in the dust (a shame, as it is my favorite note of the four). This is the first BPAL I've tried that has the "diaper" effect.

Drydown and wear: Things do not improve much here, unfortunately. Off to swaps.