Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The spirit of temptation, the essence of lost innocence. Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey.

Wet and when first applied this smells softly of roses. There is something in it that is very similar to Delirium- sort of a warm, lemony, aquatic note. This doesn't change much on me. This is like a lighter version of Delirium- soft and feminine. Very nice but since it's so similar to Delirium I'll probably swap this.

In the imp: Sharp/sweet apple blossom, and the fustiness I associate with ylang ylang.

On, wet: A bit of rose, but that stale ylang ylang smell is winning out.

Later: Oh yeah. Ylang ylang city. With just enough rose to give me a mild headache. Fooey. *adds ylang ylang to the black list*

This smelled exactly like Brisingamen on me -- must be the apple blossom. Too sweet by half, a bit powdery, and the honey-ylang-ylang combo is deadly one for my skin chemistry. Cloying and over-floral -- too bad!

Off to someone who can enjoy this more than me.

Eve is a beautiful light floral, every single note is lovely on me. It did go a little soapy on drydown, and I have so many other favorites that I probably wouldn't wear it often. It's just a little lighter than I like my pefumes to be, just not enough oomph. I bet it's on some peoples' top 10 lists, and I can see why. It would be appropriate for almost any daytime occasion or or work situation, imo.

This is far too flowery on me -- I think it's the rose. I was hoping the apple blossom and honey would balance it out, but unfortunately that's not happening.

This is definitely my new Spring scent...soft, pink and green budding blossoms in a bottle! I am not usually a delicate scent girl, but this is so like a Spring breeze, I cannot resist. The rose is so gentle...do not be afraid...it is like smelling an actual flower...not a cloying rose oil at all. The apple blossom is PERFECT. I had been looking for an apple scent, (I thought for fall~Hesperides, Verandi...but they were TOO appley for me)and I have found her. The honey melts all of the florals into my skin and makes it a PART of me.

I am transformed by Eve...

An instant favorite. Brava!

This was received as a frimp in an order and when I smelled it in the bottle I really had on opinion one way or the other about it except,"Hmmm. Floral."

I just wore it to a Halloween event last night for which I got all dressed up and oh my goodness, I am in lust. I could not stop smelling myself all night.

Unlike others, I do not get overwhelming rose form this. The apple blossom and the ylang ylang are what really come out to play on me. Apple blossom makes me think of being a very young girl, as I think my sister and I had some play perfume/cologne that was apple blossom scented. So fresh, innocent and light. But the ylang ylang gives it a nice, sexual, sensuous charge.

The perfect blend of innocence and sexuality. This is bright and slightly sharp, but very sensual. It draws you in and doesn't let you go. It kind of reminds me of one of my other favorite florals, Twilight.

This will definitely be a 5 ml. purchase for me.

Eve is pretty. Very sweet smelling oil.

The ylang ylang is very prominent out of the bottle and on the skin.

Sweet rose comes out but then it turns into lilac.

Lilac? I don't know but that's what I smell.

Honey is barely noticeable. And I smelled no apple at all.

I already have a lilac perfume, but this is still a nice imp to have too.

hmm okay

this is what i lost my bpal virginity to, mere moments ago, so i'm afraid this review is not going to be that stellar as my nose is totally untrained as of now, but i suppose one has to start somewhere.

in the bottle, it was kind of hard to smell (it's an imp, too, so i guess it's a bit harder to sniff). it smells green and a little alcoholy. floral. i'm so descriptive.

wet, on, there's something a little acrid that i don't like, and the floral smells way too "ladylike" for me. i thought i'd love rose because my aunt wears rose everything and i remember loving the smell as a child, but it doesn't smell like the *same* rose here. i agree with the above reviewer about smelling lilac, even though it's not in there.

as it dries it gets warmer; must be the honey? but it's fading *really* quickly. i can't say i like this one much. maybe i'm just not into florals.

:P

*sniffing again* hmmm.....could be worse. i'll have to wear it over the course of a day and decide.

I got this as a frimp from someone very nice. I tried it on and tested it without ever looking at the description, and all I could smell was jasmine...

so I'm trying it again.

in the vial: I can smell something very sweet and sort of translucent. the honey perhaps. and then at the end I get the sharp smell of apple blossom.

wet on skin: ahhh okay. I was mistaking the sharpness of apple blossom for jasmine. the sweetness almost goes away instantly and it is just sharp overpowering apple blossom. I can smell a mix of ylang ylang and a little rose behind the apple blossom. arg! its so strong on me.

now it is turning INTENSELY sweet. like numbingly sharp as a knife sweet. how that is possible I don't know. but it hurts my nose like sniffing too much intense pine or eucalyptus would. ack.

the apple blossom and rose and honey combo really got me excited. I guess its off to the swap pile for this one :P

This is such a beautiful scent. The rose is strong at first, but when it dries out there is the honey and apple blossoms. Very girly. Sadly, it doesn't last very long on my wrists, so I have had to resort to placing the oil on other pressure points, like at the throat.

Eve is a really pretty honeyed rose, but the ylang ylang is just too much for me. I can take the double ylang, but only in small doses. I really wished it worked for me though, as I like everything else about the blend.

I also got a lilac note from Eve, like BlackWingedRoses above. :P

I got this one in a swap-a-rama.

In the imp: Flowers, lots of sweet, steamy florals. I have to wonder if this is what God's greenhouse smells like, heh. I am intimidated by the florals here, because I have a love-hate relationship with all things flowery.

On: Why HELLO Apple Blossoms! It's been a while. Seriously, the first note I get is a very strong, crisp apple blossom note. However, the notes behind it keep it from being overly clean, there is definitely a sense of "defilement" in the background.

Drydown: The rose, my perfume nemesis, sticks her head out for a second and I thought this was going to go south VERY quickly, but it didn't. This is like a bouquet of freshly-cut flowers thoroughly sexed up by ylang ylang and honey.

Overall: Very pretty, sexy scent. I don't think it's "me" per se, but I don't think she needs a new home quite yet.

Recommended for: Floral ladies who want something just a little sexy without going over the top.

Edited by judas_kiss

Vial: Lily and rose, very pretty.

Wet: Ew, something stanky.

Drydown: The ylang-ylang is not playing well with the other children. Very strong. Pew.

Dry: Okay, it's settling down now, getting back more to the apple blossom and rose scent. I picked this one to try today because I find I'm really liking BPAL's florals. I used to think I hated floral perfumes, but I realize now that's because I was getting inferior product. The Lab's florals run the gamut from sweet and innocent to seductive and heady, and they always make me feel feminine and pretty.

Later: I wore this out to dinner and got lots of second glances from guys. It has good staying power, and the rose never gets old-ladyish. On the whole, though, I don't like it as well as some of the other florals I've tried.

ETA: At the end of the day, after twelve hours, the only note left was the honey. Thank goodness I was ready for bed by then, 'cause I just don't like honey scents!

Edited by merebrillante

in Imp: sweet and floral something a little spicey

on Wet: pretty much the same - spicy comes out a bit more

on Dry: a spicey rose

Very pretty and sweet though a bit of a fader. A keeper for me because I want to have Eve on one wrist and Lilith on the other. :P

Eve seemed very much like Jezebel's younger sister to me (which feels rather sacriligeous to say!). I love BPAL's honey note, but not in combination with rose, and so this just didn't quite work out for me.

I'm a newbie here, and this is my second review, so my nose isn't particularly well trained. That said, Eve didn't quite work on me for some reason. In the imp, I can smell rose and apple blossom, but on my skin it got a medicinal diaper wipe kind of smell. Clean diaper wipe, btw. :P I think it may be the same smell that others here have called bathroom cleaner and other smells. That faded after a few hours, but it took too long and what was left didn't convince me.

Anyone have any idea what that note might be so I can avoid it in the future?

A frimp from the generous Lab. :P (I love the new smilies!) I'm OTR, roses have been going to soap on me, and I've never tried apple blossom (nor the Lab's ylang-ylang)... but I like the BPAL honey. So we'll see how this goes.

In the Imp: Oooooh. Wow. That's apple blossom, all right-- it smells exactly like lying in the grass underneath my three apple trees during the height of summer. Such a lovely scent. Close on the heels of that I can detect a clean, wild rose and the almost metallic ylang-ylang, entwined with a drop of sweet honey.

(I got this all over the outside of the Imp as I applied it, and rushed off to rub some shirts over the soaked label. I hope I like it. I'm such a klutz! :D )

Wet: Apple blossom is very interesting as a scent. It does smell like apples, but also like a floral. It's hard to define, but I really like it, and here it works beautifully in tandem with the clean (but not soapy! Yet, anyway) rose, sweet honey, and just a touch of the high-pitched ylang ylang. This is very warm and girly and springy. It feels almost sacreligious to be wearing this inside with a sweater on!

Dry: The same, only gentler. Makes me want to run outside and lie down in the green grass under the trees, and listen to the bees. Round, fruity apple blossom, topped by rambling rose, and gently accented with touches of honey and ylang-ylang. This isn't daring or unusual, but it's pretty and pleasant and not at all overwhelming, and I'll hang on to my Imp for use in the spring or summer.

I just realized I never reviewed Eve. In the imp, it was sharp, honeyed roses, with some note that reminded me of pickle relish. Wet, the pickle relish came out hardcore. I'm trying to track down the culprit - Ouija did this, too. Eve has since flown away in a swap to a happy forumite.

Eve, to me, is nothing but fruitiness wet, and it smells really busy and generic. After it dries, though, it's a pretty roses-and-honey scent lightly touched by apple blossom.

It's very pretty; I'm keeping the imp, but I have so many rose scents right now that I'll have to see how often I reach for it before buying a bottle.

at first: honey with a touch of flowers.

on: rose, ylang ylang, and honey. i don't really smell the apple blossom, but that's a good thing. very pretty.

half an hour later: this is starting to smell oddly woodsy and dirty. i think it's the apple blossom.

1.5 hours later: mostly apple blossom. i don't really like this.

2 hours later: light and slightly sweet.

overall: i just don't get along with apple blossom.

Eve is a lighter, prettier and more feminine version of Delirium. Lovely apple blossom, a hint of sweet honey and ylang ylang and... (uh-oh) hello, rose. Eve, like all (or the vast majority) of scents containing rose has turned to soap on me!

Not having read the notes before I tried Eve, I believe there was jasmine, lemon and ylang ylang. Now that I know there's ylang yalng, I'm guessing the rose and apple blossom were what I had mistaken jasmine for....as for the lemon, who knows. :P

Overall, this is a gorgeous scent, and I couldn't have tried it at a better time of year. I'm craving the first blossoms of flowering trees and Eve takes me there, away from the gloomy, snow ridden days. She does end with a bt of a sweetness, whcih is the honey, but it's so subtle that if I didn't know it was there, I would think it was part of the blossoms.

She's light, pretty and full bottle worthy.

Eve ITB: honey sweet light florals.

On: oh dear, instantly sour on my skin - must be rose or jasmine in here.

Dry: ah, it's rose. Actually, most of the sour part has faded down, and it's rather a nice rose with a sharp resin or wood smell - probably the ylang ylang souring as usual. Very faint on me though.

This was my first BPAL imp, gifted to me by a dear friend. I hadn't read the description so I had no idea what it was supposed to smell like. All I could smell was sweet (but not cloying), soft roses. Not old lady perfume as some rose scents can smell, but a lovely girlish rose scent that wafts gently about creating a fluffy pink cloud. I was surprised when I finally read the BPAL description because I didn't detect the apple blossom, honey, or ylang ylang. Very nice, but not for me.