Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The spirit of temptation, the essence of lost innocence. Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey.

In the imp: A vague hint of apple underneath a very heavy rose.

On, wet: Apple in the throw, but thick, heady florals at the application point.

On, dry: Rose! Soapy rose. Stupid rose. Edited by catatonic1242

In vial: sweet, well-blended and pretty.

Wet on skin: a light appley scent with rose, honey and ylang ylang. Fresh and summery.

Dry on skin: light, sweet and fresh. Good for a hot summer day!

very pretty and feminine. fresh and spring-like. i get a lot of rose, but the ylang ylang is strong as well as the apple blossom.

quite lovely!

This smells like apples and honey on me, at first. A very nice fruity-floral, with a touch of honey to add depth to it. However, my skin does something weird after a time and it starts to smell like sour, rotting apples.. I normally don't have a problem with apple blends, or apple blossom, or any of the other notes here - but something with this particular blend goes very bad on me.

In Imp: Apples, deliciously ripe and fruity but not overly sweet.

On Wet: Pure apples in the throw, but can smell roses mixed in there if I sniff.

On Dry: Apples and roses initially, but way more rose than apple as time goes on. And somehow as the rose intensifies it turns the apple just a bit...rotten? :( Lasts for hours but it's just the rose for most of it.

I was looking for a fruity summer scent and this unfortunately isn't it. Into the swap pile it goes!

Very promising. I love all of the stated notes.

In the imp: Rose first, then ylang ylang. A little old-lady-ish. eep.

Wet: Ooh! Apple! Yay! Then rose and ylang ylang. I'll be interested in the drydown.

Dry: Rose and ylang ylang on a faint base of honey. The apple peeks in and out. Sir says, "Oh, that's nice for a rose scent." BPAL Sniffin' Dog says, "Snff!" It dries completely down to honey on me.

Verdict: Very nice. I don't think I'll buy a bottle, but as frimps come in I may save them up for a roller bottle.

Mostly ylang-ylang and honey for me in this so very, very sweet. Too sweet for my nose :( A bit more rose coming through now that it's a half hour later, so a rose and honey + tropical floral scent in the end.

In imp: HELLO roses and honey, nice to make your acquaintance! ^_^ Those are the strongest notes I'm getting, and they actually blend together beautifully! All good so far.

Wet on skin: There you are, apple blossom! It comes out to beautifully mingle with the roses and honey, and oh Lord, it is divine! The sweet apple blossom nicely balances out the roses.

Dry: This actually made me say out loud, "Oh JESUS, that is good!" Ecstasy indeed! It's all blended together so beautifully now... The ylang ylang and apple blossom seem to pop out the most and float around on top, while the roses and honey give the most amazing base for this.

I am in LOVE :D

This is incredibly gorgeous. Wet crisp apple and a smidgen of rose, with ylang ylang adding an airiness. Ethereal and so wistful, love and loss in a vial. I may have to get a bottle of this.

Ehhh...

This blend spends most of the first hour on my skin in a locked battle between crisp, tart apple and just-on-the-edge-of-powdery rose. Eventually the rose wins out and the apple fades back a little bit, licking its wounds and being comforted by the honey, and I imagine this would be quite nice if I liked florals more than occasionally.

Alas, it's not meant to be. Into the swap/sell pile it goes!

In the imp: Lovely juicy apples!

Wet: Ergh, it's going a bit like disinfectant on me. That stuff you put down the toilet. :(

Yup, apple-scented toilet cleaner. And here comes the rose to ruin everything as usual! Evil rose.

In the bottle: It reminds me of pear. Very juicy.

Wet: Tangy apples. It reminds me of SGA.

Dry: Ugh. Sadly it becomes very sharp, almost soapy on me.

Some hours later: Finally the scent has calmed down to almost a pleasant honey. But this isn't one I'll hold on to.

Roses are strongest note with this blend, but I definitely pick up the apple blossom note too. The honey note adds just a scant amount of sweetness after several minutes on my skin. Then, sadly, it all turns to soap. :(

In the imp: whooa, roses! Very very heady, with a twang of apple somewhere far underneath.

Wet on skin: appleblossom comes out to play. Very lovely this, mouthwateringly so. Faintly I also start smelling the honey somewhere underneath.

Dry: apple slowly fades into the background, meh. Bye! Roses and honey are left. Still good though.

Several hours later: Predominantly honey with a faint whiff of rose.

This one is definately a keeper, might even make it to a bottle. Me likes!

Eve did not work for me at all. It's tart green apple and a soapy sharp floral scent. I'm not getting getting any honey at all. By the time the initial high sharp notes calm down, the scent has faded so much that I barely smell anything. It reminded me of an air freshener spray, and had a chemically artificial quality that I really didn't like.

Wet on me, and for the first few hours, this is tart green apples, the smell of them as I'm slicing them up to put into a pie. Very juicy and crisp. No honey, no ylang-ylang, no rose.

After a few hours, this turns into the same creamy-soft rose that I get in Maiden, with a tiny bit of apples remaining underneath.

It's a nice scent, but not spectacular on me. I could wish for a more rose and to smell the honey. But I'm just as glad I never got the ylang-ylang.

When I first applied, I got a blast of sweet and juicy apple blossom, with just a tiny touch of rose. Not too much rose, just enough for me to notice that under the yummy apple blossom is the perfect amount of rose! As it dries down, the roles reverse. It's now rose, with just a slight touch of apple blossom. The honey is present to keep the two from having a battle royal. Keeps them both calm, makes sure that they don't kill me with harsh appley/rose omgwhoa-ness. I wish that the wet stage stayed the same on dry down! I love rose, but I amp it like crazy and all rose blends become SN rose on me. I'll probably be sending this off in a swap, but only because I have just way too many rose blends!

I don't think that Eve and I are going to get along at all. Rose is the only note that I can ever consistently pick out, because I apparently amp it like mad.

In the bottle it's very green, and sharp. I'm guessing that it's the apple blossom? I do get something creamy underneath and a faint sweetness, which I'm assuming is the honey.

Immediately on, all I get is green and rose. A LOT of green and rose, that just calms down to that rose smell that they use in air fresheners. Powdery, fake rose.

This one's going to go on the swap pile.

Uh oh, I get VERY sharp rose here, and plenty of it. Kind of a fruity, sharp rose. This really reminds me of the scent of Pert Plus shampoo, kind of a fresh appley floral. It does get a tad powdery and the rose amps out of control and kills whatever promise the apple blossom gave. On a positive note, my daughter asked me what I was wearing, and she only does that when she likes something. So, she gets the imp to enjoy!

I'm a fan of roses, fruit and honey so Eve was on my wishlist and luckily I found someone clearing their stash.

In the imp and wet it's heavy on the apple, barely a rose to it. Smells like a freshly cut apple.

As it starts to dry, the rose comes out more but there's still a touch of apple in the background.It is a bright and cheery summer rose scent. I think this could be one to buy a bottle of. I like rose and I like fruit, but I wouldn't have thought they would marry well and I think this does it. I would wear this on a day when I want to feel fresh and feminine. I can picture myself in it at a picnic on a saturday. Not an evening scent.

Apples with a light floral. I'm not getting the heady rose I usually get with rose scents. No honey for me which is a shame because that would have made this scent even better.

In bottle: Apple blossom dominant. It’s a lovely little floral blend with the honey smoothing it out. There is no point in skin testing as my skin will do horrible things with the rose.

Gosh, I love this one. It starts out as a sweet apple and rose on me, with a hint of ylang-ylang. Over time it fades to the sweetest honeyed rose. I always imagine warm, pastoral orchards when I'm wearing this. One of scents I actually think is bottle-worthy!

Whoa! This smells like the Golden Delicious apples! Very sweet! Eep, after a bit I can smell something sour. Noooo! This blend was so pleasant!