Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The spirit of temptation, the essence of lost innocence. Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey.

Imp: Rose, with a tinge of apple. Drat.

Wet: Hm, more apple, but still too much rose. Yet it isn't as horrid, due the apple. No honey.

Drydown: Rose-scented soap. Unsurprising.

In the bottle: Sweet, with strong ylang-ylang.

Wet: Fruitier, and the rose is coming out. The ylang-ylang seems less dominating as a result, though it's still quite strong. It's still quite sweet, but I can't smell honey.

Dry: Rose has faded, and I can finally smell the honey.

Summary: This is a bit strong on the ylang-ylang for me as well as being sweeter than I generally like, but I do think deserves the name Eve!

A toned down Lilith (which is quite appropriate, actually! :P ). Sweet, true rose with an almond-honey undercurrent. Light and lovely.

I get mostly apple blossom (with a bit of an extra apple kick in there) with rose, but after a while the ylang ylang is noticeable and the honey lends an earthy-sweet, almost musky quality to the apple blossom. Lovely, light, feminine, innocent (kinda). =)

imp: oh my. apple blossom and honey make me squee while rose and ylang ylang manke me ill.

wet: this is insanely sweet when it's first applied but the rose and ylang ylang ruin it within moments. this is not for me.

dry: once dry, this is far prettier than i would have expected. it smells like lightly honeyed apple blossoms, i just don't think i can go through the ick of the wet phase to get here very often.

This is the scent that made me realize I am allergic to ylang ylang. It's the floral of florals, right? And I love the scent, but it really induces migraines for me. :P So sad that this apple-y crisp, sweet floral blend doesn't work.

I recently inherited an imp of Eve (that somehow sounds wrong). It's one which was on my "to buy" list for awhile, so dumb luck prevails!

In the bottle, as it were: Methinks this one went off due to aging. I get a lot of plasticky-sweet rose reminiscent of girls' toy dolls, with a truly horrifying who-peed-in-the-pool note at the very end. Still, you don't know you hate it until you actually try.

Wet on skin: I stink of faux roses and feel like Strawberry Shortcake's floral cousin. As a reformed tomboy, this is like being put in the corner.

Drydown: Powdery roses. I didn't know what all the BPAL reviewers meant when they included the word powder until this morning. Now I do. Frick. The scent is cloying as hell and eventually dies down, but not enough. When I inhale it sits at the back of my throat and hovers like smog on a Los Angeles morning.

End results: Oh, hell no. Swap pile, Swap Pile, SWAP PILE. I wanted to like this, truly. I'm ecstatic for people who are lucky enough to wear it and wear it well. I, sadly, cannot. I got nothing but faux rose -- no apple blossom, no ylang-ylang, and possibly a bit of honey if I think about how syrupy sweet this stuff is on me. Not even beautiful, deep, fragrant and green rose. Fake rose. Plastic rose. Rose scent to be injected into plastic dolls and mass-marketed to our daughters. And I didn't even get a damn toy out of the deal.

My greatest regret is that I was an asshat and put this on right before work, so I'm stuck with it for about ten hours.

Initial thoughts: Sniffed this at a friend's house, should have nabbed it there really - looking at those notes now I don't think I'm gonna get very far with this. Rose and ylang ylang is NOT a good combination for me.

In the imp: Honeyed rose. Oh man.

On the wrist, wet: Honeyed rose with a breath of apple blossom. Hmm... a bit floral for me, but not entirely unpleasant and the rose isn't exactly doing it's muggy thing right now. I don't dare have hope, but I have a hint of optimism.

Twenty minutes later: Rose does it's muggy amping thing, as always. Not for me.

Verdict: Swap

Tl;Dr: Honeyed rose with a breath of apple blossom.

In the vial: gorgeous apple blossom, rose

Wet: juicy apple, rose, honey, and ylang ylang

Dry: Wow, this is juicy! It's pure and fresh. After a few minutes it dries and subtles. The apple fades away--the ylang ylang grows more forward.

First, there the lushness of Eden, laden with fruit and blooming flowers. The rose starts as pink tea rose. But it fades and what is left is darker, provocative. Once the honey is gone, the apple slowly reappears and blended together with the ylang ylang and produces a sensual aroma.

Overall, this fruity floral is true to the concept. The drydown is lovely and sultry.

Edited by mineralfairy

In the imp: Wow...apple sweetened with honey.

Applied: The rose blossoms on my skin but the apple is still cool and crisp. There is just a touch of honey around the edges.

Drydown: The ylang ylang comes out at this stage and makes it sexier. Its warmth is a great contrast with the cool apple. The rose is the middle ground blending them together. After a while they all blend together so completely the notes become hard to distinguish.

It sort of defies description not really floral, not really fruity, not really sweet. All in all I'd say it morphs into a sort of skin scent on me.

wet/in imp: apples and i think the honey is making it a bit sharp. honey either works on me or it doesn't and this is leaning towards the honey in honey mone.

dry: still apples and sharp honey. ylang ylang and rose usually are a bad combo for me and turns into plastic band-aid stench.

this is not a scent that loves me...and it's not forgiving. i think it should disappear now.

This is lovely but it's just too faint on me! I mostly get honey with a bit of rose. Will have to slather this one on, I think.

In the imp: All I smell is apple. An apple that was freshly bitten into.

Wet: Very strong, very sweet. The rose comes out a bit. I get no honey or ylang ylang. I was really hoping for the honey. :P

Dry: Apple and rose. I love rose, but the apple is making this too sweet. I feel like a piece of fruit, not like I'm wearing perfume.

Overall: It's very pretty, very very sweet. I like the smell of apple, but not really in a perfume. And I don't smell any of the honey. And I only ordered an imp of this for the honey note. I'll use my imp, but in my oil burner, not on myself.

Initially on, Eve was fruit and floral, a round, juicy crisp floral fragrance.

After an hour or two, it was mostly floral, with some apple and honey undertones. There was a sunrisey effect, a sense of yellow apples and garden flowers...

By four hours in, the scent is floral honey on the backs of my hands and (oddly), clean-smelling on my wrists. Actually, it smells rather like scented shampoo. Faint, fresh, and clean.

Eve is probably too floral for me, but it's nice--just not my thing.

Thankfully, I let my roommate smell it (she has a fondness for fruity, honeyed scents) and she was immediately thrilled, so this is going on to a more loving home than I could give it!

I've gotta admit, I can't help thinking of the name of this one in a Wall-E voice.

Anyhow, Eve was another Lab frimp, and it's certainly not something I would have thought to order for myself, but I am absolutely up for experimentation anyway.

In the imp: Predominantly tart apple (think Granny Smith) sweetened by a little honey. There is a vague breath of floral behind it.

Wet on skin: The apple smell becomes more floral - I guess that's why it's apple blossom and not just apple listed, since this doesn't smell like rose or like what I'm pretty sure ylang ylang smells like.

Drydown: Freshly dry, the apple has faded further, and the non-rose florals have ramped up a bit. It smells like spring! By half an hour, there were signs of it turning into Not Another White Floral, but at the one hour mark, the apple comes back again - still a tart apple sweetened by subtle florals and maybe some honey.

Five hours later: Much the same blending as at the one hour mark, only fainter. Crisp apple with a floral undertone. Definitely still springy.

End of the day: There is some residual tartness on my wrists, though it's no longer readily identifiable as apple.

Overall: I actually really like this. The tart apple that is the main note is nice and refreshing, and the florals made a good call in lingering in the background rather than taking over. It's a good balance. That said, I suspect Eve is too feminine for me to get away with, because of the light-spring-fruity-flowers thing, but that does not change the fact that this smells really good.

Upon application, I got a big burst of lovely honey. That lasted for just a couple of moments, and then...gone. Nothing. My skin eats oils--especially lighter scents--but Eve get the prize for fastest fade. To the swap pile.

In the vial: Delicious, honey and apple with magnificent floral notes.

Wet: The tang of rose-honey softens immediately into something much more floral and less sweet. It is quite intense.

Half an hour: Very floral. It skirts the line between headachy and powdery very neatly -- so far, anyway. I like it, but it's probably not me.

One hour: Still very floral. The flowers tend to blend together pretty well, and it's only by searching out and focusing that I can identify individual notes. The overall effect is sweet, but with an almost fruitlike edge.

Two hours: I like this very much, but it's not for me.

Three hours: I may have spoken too soon. This is so soft, sweet, and pretty, I'm loath to get rid of it even though I have dozens I like better. Perhaps I will have a use for it one day.

Five hours: Still soft, sweet, floral, inoffensive.

I am very interested to try this blend and compare it to La Vita Nuova, which is also a an apple blossom and rose blend that I enjoy-instead of the lemon balm, this has the ylang ylang and honey, which can be hit or miss. Can be sweet and sexy, or could be powdery d00m! Very pretty in the imp! Definitely that same apple blossom/rose feel of La Vita Nuova, but with that sweet honey goodness! I hope this works on my skin!

Hmm, similar on my skin, but the rose is a bit strong, and the honey and ylang ylang are a little sickly and cloying. I am going to let this sit for a bit and see how it settles.

Overall, this is a very nice blend. Definitely too similar to La Vita Nuova for me to zomg need it, and I think the lemon balm in LVN cuts the rose a bit better than in Eve. On full drydown the honey is the strongest note-and there are other honey blends I like more. A good blend, but bottleworthy for me.

Honey generally goes very, very wrong on my skin, and this was an exception-- it was only slightly off.

I mostly could smell the apple blossom, ylang ylang, and the plasticky edge that I get from honey. All together, it reminded me of shampoo and plastic. My boyfriend said it reminded him of babies-- perhaps baby shampoo. It's not horrible, but it's not what you get into perfume looking for.

In the imp this smelled so, so sweet, with the tiniest floral undercurrent *mmmmm*. Within seconds of applying - - wth.. Rose? It turned to a slightly bitter rose puntuated with wood. There might be some lily, but no sweetness at all! Sad, I wanted this to work - I even set the imp aside based on that initial sniff because I was so sure it would be a winner. Wearlength is fairly short, and it's very soft - you have to lean in to smell it.

In Imp: floral but sweet.. nice

Wet: oooo!! apples! delicious apples with some rose

Dry:Rose amps up to cover the apples. :( Which I don't like

Overall: I thought I was really gonna love it b/c of how it smells wet... but it just turns into total rose. Which is "o.k." but not great... a bit of a let down...

I refuse to give up on rose!

Imp: All three notes present and accounted for (I never smell ylang-ylang)

Wet: Honey sweet, definitely apple blossom and not just apple, and of course rose, which has yet to take over my arm

Drydown: Sweet and floral, without the doom!rose that I get so often, and it's a really unique feeling apple.

Overall: This scent is so sweet and innocent. Every time I sniff my wrist I expect a unicorn to run down a rainbow right next to me. All the notes are working together in a lovely little chord. I'm hanging on to the imp. I have a feeling I'm going to want it over the spring and summer or any time I'm around a baby or petting a puppy...

Edited by CynicalPink

OMG Floral! I took a TINY little drop out of my new bottle and divided it between my ears, wrists and cleveage and it smelled like I had Bathed in the stuff. Overpowering Rose and Floral Perfume lasted for several hours... definatly not one i'll wear again.