Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The spirit of temptation, the essence of lost innocence. Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey.

Imp: Apple juice laced with honey.

Wet: Rose, but very green. It's almost a little sour.

Dry: Fresh white florals. It's like being in an apple orchard at blooming time on a warm spring day. I can almost smell the pollen! Too bad I can't smell the honey those bees should be making. It's a nice warm scent, very reminscent of spring's growth.

Eve in the bottle: The apple and the rose stand out the most.

Wet: All the notes are quite distinct. They blend very well. Something in it is very bright and almost citrusy. It's a nice scent.

Dry: This is a great scent. I'm not too fond of rose, so maybe a little less would be awesome. But, this is really awesome.

Overall: Really great blend. 3.5/5

I got this as a frimp from the lab, and it's one I'd never have picked for myself - rose and honey both amp up to intolerable amounts on my skin. I was actually a little afraid of what the combined result would be, but I tried it anyway....

Oh my. Wet and in the first stages of drydown Eve is absolutely beautiful. Sweet fresh apple with a soft, light floral feel. Eventually though, the rose and honey do their amping thing and.... I still love it. The rose doesn't go powdery or sour, and the honey doesn't go too cloying or sickly sweet. It is an absolutely perfect honeyed rose, and a wonderful girly summer scent.

On fresh: Baby Wipes - must be the rose and old associations with that smell.

Later: Apple comes out and feels like a summer day, however every now and then the rose plays up and I get babywipes again.

Overall: Uncertain, I like it when I get the apple smell combining with the roses, but when all I can smell is the roses all I think of is that I smell like I've just changed a nappy.

A curious blend of rose and light apples. It smells better than it sounds, I think. The ylang ylang doesn't make it go too sweet at all on me.

Interesting... I don't usually like rose or apple scents, but I like them together in this. The apple blossom keeps the scent bright so the rose doesn't remind me of an old lady perfume. This smells young and fresh.

Yeah, I like this. I'm surprised that I do, but I do. I'm even sort of wishing I had a bottle of this.

I got this as a generous gift from my lovely foster-parent dawndie! :P I'd been wanting to try Eve for a while because all the notes (except for that pesky ylang-ylang) sound fabulous, especially the rose and honey.

In the imp: Uh-oh...ylang-ylang. Not so strong, but it's smells quite similar to Suspiro.

Wet: Phew, the ylang-ylang fades under the beautifully tart and fresh apple blossom. I'd never smelled apple blossom before but it's quite lovely. Innocent (just the way I like to smell). The rose is playing hide-and-seek with me, but the honey is sweetening things up quite nicely.

Drydown: Sweet, pure, fresh...this is everything I love in a scent. If I bury my nose in my wrist, I can smell the rose in there. I can still smell the ylang-ylang, but it's definitely not too strong.

Throw is rather light. It's fine for me, although it is a touch lighter than some. All in all, quite beautiful and thanks again to my BPAL mommy!

In the bottle: rose...and then the apple. Pretty floral-y but when you pick out the apple it smells even better!

On skin: apple is a little more prominent with a sweet floral...probably because of the honey.

Verdict: Maybe a bottle...if not, then at least two more imps!

P.S. Very feminine!

Apple blossom, with a touch of rose and a lot of ylang ylang.

I'm not a fan of spring florals like this one, but wet, it's certainly pretty. I don't get any honey - not that I really got a chance, as this very promptly turned into the smell of Nivea Cream on my skin. Something in this doesn't like me, but there's no love lost, as it's not my thing to begin with.

Off it comes.

Eve

This is a distinctly feminine scent.

Upon first application, it is overpowering. The smell is a cross between an old lady floral perfume and baby powder. When I ask my husband to smell it, all he can say is that "It's strong."

As it wears, it mellows out. It is a warm, but heavy floral. It is a summer scent. My husband smells it again, I ask him what he thinks and he says, "not bad, a bit too Gramdma-y." I agree. It has a distinctly mature feel to it. Beneath the heavy floral, I still detect baby powder.

I think this scent would work best on older ladies, but it certainly isn't for me.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

2 : Well, it isn't gross, but it isn't exactly pleasant, either.

Edited by MaidenGenevive

In the imp: the rose that didn't get along with me in Persephone.

The instant that it hits my skin, that rose (which smells like nothing more than "feet" to me) disappears, and what is left is a lovely, glowing floral-apple blend. It's really gorgeous - reminds me a bit of Eos, actually, that rosy-golden glowing scent. This has an incredible throw of honey-tinged floral. I just love this stuff. I think I'll want more eventually. :P

In the bottle: Almost a bubble gum fruit with the roses as an overtone

First on: Soft powdery rose, honey, and an almost alcoholic note as well.

Drydown: Heavier on the honey, the rose hasn't gone sour on me so that's a big plus. It's just a bit powdery as well.

Overall: Nice, but not for me

Bottle: Rose

Wet: Rose! If I try hard I can get a tiny sniffle of the apple, but it's definitely not fore-front. It's all rose here.

Drydown: The rose goes powdry on me.

Not for me, but rose fans should love this!

In the Imp : Nothing particularly memorable, just smells like common perfume.

Wet : The apple in this is crazy! Its so astringent to my nose it almost smells like lemon.

Dry : This really smells like apple and lemon peels to my nose. The apples are really green and super astringent. The ylang ylang and rose are awol. After another 30 min or so this settles down and becomes sweet for about 5 minutes before turning into soap.

Over All : Just not the thing with my chemestry.

Big Bottle Worthy : No.

straight sniff from imp is granny smith apple and honey :P

once applied this is a true apple blossom with lots of rose; the honey note

is beyond fabulous...a beauty to behold =D

EVE:

I wanted to love this one. I'm quite fond of apple blossom. At first sniff in the bottle, I can definitely find the rose and ylang ylang.

On my skin, it goes soapy. To be honest, it reminds me of my grandmother's house. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't want to smell like the memory of granny. :P It doesn't change much from the time of putting it on to hours later. I still smell the same.

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description --Shollin

in the bottle sweet, candied rose, but softer than a straight-up rose.

wet on skin very strong delicate floral with rose as the overwhelming note. very sweet.

dry on skin it stays the same, but just gets sweeter over time; tons and tons of throw. despite the description, i find this to be a very innocent scent, something a child could wear. it's not really my cup of tea (it's so sweet, it might cause cavities), but fortunately i have a kid named eve, so she gets it and we're all happy.

Since I've actually been having luck with oddball florals, I decided to give this a try.

Turns out that not only do I amp ylang-ylang like whoa, but that it gives me a killer sinus headache in a few seconds. And I thought jasmine was bad.

All I can smell is ylang-ylang soap. Blech.

On the plus side, it wasn't on my skin long enough for the honey to go to playdough.

In the imp, Eve smells like… apples. Mostly, it just smells like apples. I can smell something behind it, maybe the rose or the ylang ylang, but the apple is definitely the dominant scent. It’s a sweet-smelling apple, and I can’t decide whether that’s the natural sweetness of the scent or whether the honey note is playing into it. On me, I can smell the honey almost immediately when putting it on. After a minute or two, though, that melts back into the apple, but having picked it out once I can do it again. The rose also starts to come through more, though everything is still secondary to the apple scent. I like it well enough, but it’s probably not the first thing I’ll reach for all the time. (Of course, I said the same thing about Rose Cross and here I am ordering a full bottle of it. The more I smell this one as it dries, the more I like it...)

IN THE IMP: Mostly apples. With honey. Sweet and yummy.

WET: Still apple and honey, but blended really well now. With florals starting to come out. WOAH, and there was a random blast of rose and something soapy that came and left in a few seconds.

DRY: Apple with rose and a tiny bit of honey. Very, very pretty. Reminds me a lot of Persephone, except I like this one even better.

I'm so glad all of my orders this time have turned out to be winners!

In Vial: apple, rose, sweet

Wet: The rose seems to heighten the crispness of the apple scent. The rose is beginning to take over.

Drydown: Its all rose, all the time!

I was very surprised when I read the notes after testing this scent and saw that there was ylang ylang in it. Usually the evil ylang ylang takes over on my skin and turns everything into a cloying disaster. However, Eve continually stays light, feminine and innocent on my skin. It did not morph very much on me, and smelled mainly of honey, apple and rose. Although this is a light, breezy scnet, it is a very juicy scent on me, like biting into a ripe, sweet gala apple. This is definitely going to be a winner for me in the springtime, and I am very grateful to the lab for sending this to me as a frimp- the mention of ylang ylang would have scared me off otherwise!

I am beginning to wonder if rose is my note of doom! If there is rose in a blend, it takes over so all I can smell is rose, I wouldn't mind so much, but it turns into a real bitter, strong smelling rose!

In the vial, I can smell honey, ylang ylang, and in the background there is the rose. This smells wonderful!

Wet on my skin: Rose

Dry: Rose, not as strong, or as bitter admittedly......! :P

I thought was going to be wonderful on me, but alas..... I obviously amp rose

in the bottle this smells sweet and a tad sharp but i was hoping the honey would really shine through. It did not. the second this hit my skin I smelled lilacs. which is odd I would get hints of rose here and there but no sweetness at all. If I was a fan of florals I would like this a lot cuz it IS pretty but florals and me do not mingle so alas to the swaps.

Imp: Sweet fresh apples.

Wet: The fresh apples amp up and I get a weird sour smell which indicates the honey is thinking about whether or not to behave.

Dry: Instead it just packs its bags and goes. I mainly get the apple scent as the top note with a light base of powdery roses and syrupy ylang ylang. It's a very tart scent, not sour but not really sweet on me.

Throw: Average. Unless you're insane with application you won't be scent-dominating a room.

Overall: It's really pretty and holds true to the concept. It's kind of a minimalist Ladon and it will be lovely to wear this spring.