Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Northernminx

Temple: Celtic

Lupa was kind enough to get me a bottle of this from Alternate Realities in Rhodes Island and I'm so very happy she did.

I'm reviewing the scent first as I've yet to try using this in anything.

This is gorgeous, light, cooling, very green and a faintly sweet aquatic. It reminds me very much of blue moon, but a little stronger, a little more mysterious and powerful.. Calming, and lovely.

ETA: Ritually (yah I finally had a chance to use this) I've used this in centering and ritual and meditation preparation. I usually annoit the four quarters of my space and this worked wonderfully in setting up a calming, centered, guarded area. Definitely in love with how this one smells AND works.

Edited by Northernminx

I bought a bottle of this from the apothecary's cat..

ok, this review is based on scent alone, I'm only just awake. though before applying it I did sit and visualise my hopes for the day, but that's a daily thing.

in the bottle, smells quite faint, very cucumber/melony fresh and wet.

on, a tiny dab only, it's strong, incredibly strong, I applied it an hour ago and the throw even now is powerfull.

I get a sweet, cool smell, not melon anymore... more like flowers, but wild and not madly perfumed

reminds me of walking along by the canal when I was living in Austria, herbs and morning mist, behind that the smell of the sun warming the cement slowly.

it's very grounding, I feel soothed and relaxed, ready to face the world knowing that whatever it throws at me I can manage it.

I'll be stashing this away for moments when I need calming and bringing back to myself.

Edited by binkyboots

I was very surprised last week to come home to a bottle of this that my wonderful boyfriend purchased for me. Wow.

Okay. As far as the scent goes, this is nice. Floral, aquatic. I think I smell lilac.

On to the use of the scent. I use Temple Celtic for three main purposes: meditation, tarot reading, and ritual work. I find it wonderful to use in meditation or yoga simply because it is such a calming scent, and I won't go into detail about how I've used it ritualistically, aside from saying that I certianly did feel somehow more connected with what I was doing.

However, I've found it the most appropriate, I think, for working with my usual tarot deck - the watercolor Legend Arthurian deck - as it is very rooted in Celtic and British mythology. I usually use this deck because I have always, from the first moment I picked it up, gotten very good readings, but in the last week, they have been uncannily accurate, and while I've always felt very connected with this deck (Arthurian mythology is a part of my field, and I've been interested in it since I was a child), I had never quite felt so in tune with the deck. Words cannot describe how it felt.

So, aside from the fact that it smells very nice (though nothing like Blue Moon, to my nose), if you have any interest at all in celtic mythology, or do any work with any celtic dieties, I cannot recommend this highly enough. I will use this all the time.

Edited by Imbrium

I am accepting defeat. Temple: Celtic smells like drugstore perfume on me. No hints of Dublin, no hints of Blue Moon - just generic perfume. It must be a me thing though, because nobody else seems to have that reaction.

I just wish I'd had a chance to try it before I purchased an entire bottle. On the positive side, I'll probably imp out my bottle and make a lot of people happy.

Origin - part of the TAL circular swap

Wet - cucumbers?! A lovely, calming blend of cucumbers and aquatics.

Dry - this doesn't change much. This is probably the most calming blend I have tried. It smells gorgeous and would be ideal for mediatation.

It's odd how the same perfume smells so different to each of us!

I get strong myrrh over an herbal bottom line from Celtic.

It's lovely, calming and leaves a good feeling in the heart, just like a song from Enya. :P

(Origin: TAL circular swap.) Ohh. Blue aquatic calm lovely. I went a little stream of consciousness, there. For those who have said that this is reminiscent of Blue Moon... yes. They do not smell precisely the same, but the vibe that they give off is very similar. Calming, purifying, clarifying. This would be wonderful for divination, and also for healing magic. I have some of this coming my way, and I am so grateful.

There is definitely something very "green vegetable" about this- cucumbers, green peppers etc.

I should add that while I put this on my wrists hoping that it would make me more deliberate and focused today, I was mostly curious about the scent at this time. I have always been interested in Celtic lore and mythology though, and gravitated to this blend among the first of the Temples.

As time passes it becomes more floral on me- a green "flowers in water" floral. It's got a weird "generic perfume" undertone to it though.

I seem to be more emotionally vulnerable today than usual, which I am not blaming on the oil, but it doesn't seem to be helping with.

In bottle: Somewhat aquatic, it's a very crystalline blend, but tinged with green. Some sort of floral, too - it actually seems a very 'Green Man' fragrance to me.

On me: I agree with the others who said this has the same 'feel' as Blue Moon. The scent's not much the same - both probably contain cucumber, and there's some other vague similarities - but I definitely wouldn't mistake one for the other. It's about the mood, purifying and calming, that both oils produced. This much more aquatic to me, but it's a clear pool with green moss growing on the rocks lining the bottom, versus an oceanic scent.

Seems to give me a bit of a headache tho', possibly because I abuse ritual blends for perfumed use.

Temple Celtic really smelled like Blue Moon in the bottle like other reviewers said. I smelled flowers on dry. Maybe lily? This made me very calm. Very beautiful.

Edited by icemoca

templeceltic.jpg

This is a beautiful scent by itself, even if it had no ritual use or any other tie to magick other than the magic of scent. It is beautiful and not definable. I think there must be some form of a floral in here, but I cannot pick out the exact note, but it also seems to be full of herbal ingredients. It has a very attractive baby powder aspect to it which I think even powder haters would consider great, and there is definately a fruitiness (like a strawberry or a cranberry) to it which makes the entire thing so very pretty. Very hard to describe adequately and I am glad I got to sample this Temple Celtic TAL.

The icon is of a Shiela-na-gig which is a figure found in some old Celtic Temples and represents a very jolly lady who is making note of her powers of procreation and sexual satisfaction. She is always shown smiling or smirking or looking as if she is enjoying showing off her juicy bits.

I got a imp of this from a 5 bottle Tal swap Brienze organized. I got it shortly after I got my own bottle of Temple:Norse. It was actually very good that I got this one second. While Norse reminds me of fall, this one is very spring/summery. green and sweet and cool w/ a bit of fruit. perfectly blended. :P

Based on scent alone, Temple: Celtic is gorgeous. It's sweet, fresh, and summery to me. It smells watery and green in the way that cucumber does, but it's definitely not an aquatic scent. It has a wonderful sweetness to it that reminds me of the way that raspberries and raspberry branches smell.

I actually would wear and love this as a perfume. It's a bit watery, a bit green, a bit fruity, and a bit sweet. It reminds me of my grandmother's garden in Arkansas... she always grew cucumbers and there was a backdrop of raspberry bushes. Just beautiful.

I'm a bit in love with this scent.

In Bottle: Beautiful aquatic floral

On Skin: This is a gorgeous scent right off the bat. I get a bit of sweet melon, something green and fresh maybe cucumber, and also a watery ozone note. This does remind me a bit of Blue Moon but not as sweet. As the scent develops it becomes a nice healthy floral. Robust and blooming but not overwhelming. The perfect amount of fresh flowers. In the background I get a little of a herbal minty note that makes it even more fresh. This scent has a very blue-green feel. I really love this scent, I would love a bottle. I’m adding it to my wishlist. Average throw and average wear length.

Temple: Celtic is an absolutely gorgeous blend. It’s the scent of blue-green waters lapping against the craggy rocks beneath the ancient ruins of a great stone castle. It’s the scent of clean air, slightly herbal and fresh with a touch of cucumber. This scent is one of the most calming BPAL blends I’ve encountered. I’ve used it to help me sleep and I’ve used it to relax me at night before bed, but it’s not a typical nighttime scent. This scent is full of daylight, and I’ve found it works better when used during during a hectic, stressful day to help calm me down and bring me back to earth. I can’t recommend this blend enough.

Scent: This is cool and misty, like blue-green waters, grass, fog, and a touch of cucumber. It's very "green" to me.

Use: This is a wonderful aid to meditation, especially since I spent some time doing a form of Celtic Shamanism. This oil was the perfect thing to wear whenever I knew I would be journeying to the Upper, Middle, or Underworld.

In the bottle: Rose. I'm guessing tea rose, but I could be mistaken as to which type of rose it is. I'm guessing maybe melon or cucumber too, or some faint herbs not mush else. Wet: Lots of rose with a hint of green. Dry: Softer version of the same.