Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
DiamondHeart

Coffee notes?

This randomly struck me tonight as I started craving Irish Coffee for no particular reason.

It's coffee mixed with whiskey and topped with whipped cream. It's wonderful. Only thing in the world that has all of the essential food groups- sugar, caffeine, booze, and fat.

I want that kind of smoky smell of whiskey and coffee. Any suggestions?

~Diamond~

Gluttony perhaps? Smells more like coffee & caramel toffee but the idea of Irish coffee is there, not a 100% match but try and see :P

Hellfire if it's for the Booze and smoke, sweet and sophisticated

Edited by quinkel

Well, Grog has the great boozy creaminess of Irish Coffee, but not the coffee element. But it's still great!

I would go for Hellcat. The boozy notes are definitely there (rum and mead) and the foody notes, while not exactly those of Irish coffee, are close enough to make it smell like a delicious spiked hot beverage :P

BTW, that joke about Irish Coffee and the food groups always cracks me up. I once had a friend who thought it was a perfectly serious scientific question and kept coming up with the most unlikely foods for half an hour before giving up. He was appalled at the answer. That's what I get for telling jokes with a straight face :D

Are there any BPAL's with a coffee note? I've seen a thread of tea notes but haven't seen any coffee ones. I think I've read reviews that have compared tonka bean to coffee -- at least, being similar in scent. Would others agree?

The other big coffee scent that was just released is Miskatonic University.

Edited because I can't spell correctly.

Edited by Macha

The other big coffee scent that was just released is Misktanic University.

Yup, Miskatonic sounds wonderful to me. I'm a coffee fan, but didn't get along with Mata Hari as all I could smell was jasmine. I'm hoping that Miskatonic and I will get along better :P

Although it's not listed as one of the notes, Centzon Totochtin was VERY coffee on me, almost overpowering. All its other notes were there, too, but in the background.

The other big coffee scent that was just released is Misktanic University.

Yup, Miskatonic sounds wonderful to me. I'm a coffee fan, but didn't get along with Mata Hari as all I could smell was jasmine. I'm hoping that Miskatonic and I will get along better :P

I agree - try as I might I couldn't get any coffee in mata hari...

Ohhh I got coffee from Mata Hari, just the perfect hint of it, but the roses amped up on me so bad i couldn't handle it. I'm earnestly awaiting another floral w/a nice coffe bottom. I ordered Miskatonic, but am concerned it will be just coffee...hmmmmm.

When I sniffed Centzon Totochtin, I was reminded of that syrupy smell that you get right when you walk into a Starbucks. I'm not sure if it has any coffee notes, but it smelled like pure coffee shop to me. :P

Hi, all. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a fragrance that has a dominant coffee note with either nuts or chocolate (or both) as other notes...? I've heard Miskatonic U is a coffee scent, and I've an imp on the way of that, but wondered if there were others...?

Thanks!

Cool! I have an imp of that on the way, too. :P

Thanks! :D

When I sniffed Centzon Totochtin, I was reminded of that syrupy smell that you get right when you walk into a Starbucks.  I'm not sure if it has any coffee notes, but it smelled like pure coffee shop to me. :D

Hi, all. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a fragrance that has a dominant coffee note with either nuts or chocolate (or both) as other notes...? I've heard Miskatonic U is a coffee scent, and I've an imp on the way of that, but wondered if there were others...?

Thanks!

Gluttony doesn't list any coffee notes, but when I wear it, I feel like I've just gotten the biggest, best hazelnut and toffee laced coffee ever.

I know this thread had been dead a while but I need a coffee scent!

I need a real coffee scent not latte, not Irish coffee but coffee - no sugar please.

I have Misk U and it was very disappointing because the concept is exactly what I want just - not so darned sweet!

Mata Hari didn't do it either.

I'm about to make a sample purchase from Ava Luxe because they have one that sounds promising - alas Arcana's Skpping Vespers didn't do it either but surely BPAL have something? Possibly something that doesn't have actual notes listed ...

anything ... please?

Hopefully

dierne

Centzon Totochtin smelled like coffee on me, black no sugar--but not everyone gets the coffee note so it would be a gamble.

No BPAL I've sniffed so far has really smelled like black coffee. (And I've sniffed a lot!) There has been speculation about this upcoming weekend's Bitter Moon smelling like bitter coffee, but that's just speculation. We shall see.

*Does the Miskatonic University tap-dance.* I love it because it has a coffee note, but it's not harsh at all. It's very smoothed out with the Irish cream note. :P

For anyone unable to afford/track down Pinched with Four Aces, El Dia de Reyes is similar enough to hunt down instead =)