Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jessica

Yesod

Foundation, Labanah, The Living God, Eternal Life, the Source of the Living Waters.

In the imp: smells like Eos--so must be jasmine.

On my wrist: less floral and a bit more aquatic than Eos--definitely jasmine, but maybe not the honeysuckle? It's a little more green than Eos, so maybe some herbs? The greeness comes out more the longer it's on. Edited by Shollin

Wet, this is straight up jasmine, gardenia, and baby powder on me. Although it fades very quickly, I don't think I could get past the baby powder to use it for meditation, so I'll be swapping it.

Yesod

In the imp: jasmine. And maybe lily-it smells a bit like one of my fav oils, Peitho.

Wet on skin: this is a bit sharper and greener than Peitho, makes me wonder if there’s gardenia in here…

Dry: ack! I think there’s evil gardenia in here! In the vial, this scent was so promising with it’s rich, full jasmine scent, but on the skin, it turns bitter and sharp, a bit green and almost pickle-y. there’s still hints of jasmine and lily in here, but there’s another ingredient that makes this smell astringent and a bit soapy on me. And also something reminiscent of olives as well…

After a while: after a while the initial gardenia bite fades and the scent is a bit more pleasant. It now reminds me of Luna…a scent of jasmine and lily and other pale white flowers. There’s still something a bit off or odd about this scent on me (olives? wtf?) , but it’s not as unpleasant now.

After an hour or two, still olives and dry green jasmine. Reminds me of the drydown of Somnus.

After a few hours, a burnt scent appears. It reminds me of…bread? Or potato crisps? What is this scent doing on my skin?

Verdict: this scent was so beautiful in the imp-it reminded me of Peitho, it was jasmine and lily, gorgeous and full. But when it hit my skin, it turned pretty ugly. I think ‘evil’ gardenia was the culprit, stamping on all the more pleasant florals with her sharp, acrid, bitter green scent (and cackling evilly in the process), but when that disappeared, and just after the scent had started improving and smelling a bit like Luna, a weird olive note appeared. And then the jasmine scent became dry and green, before smelling burnt. It’s a shame really because it smelt so gorgeous in the imp. Maybe my skin was being premenstrual? For now, I think I’ll put this on the swap pile, I don’t think this scent likes my skin much.

Ow, ow, ow, this is jasmine at its most headache-inducing. Jasmine is possibly my least favourite note ever (on my skin, it either smells like cheap soap or something a little rancid), but I'm sure I've tried scents where it plays nice before. This is not one of them. I really wanted to get some other notes out of this, but it's not happening. Soapy and stabby, straight to the swap pile.

Jasmine, which I normally hate, but this one is a bit drier and maybe a little bit more resinous? Or woodsy? I'm not sure which, I just know that I can barely tolerate jasmine in any blend and this one is not giving me a headache at all.

ADDED July 9:

This is almost entirely jasmine, with a very slight hint of aquatic notes.

Wet: WHOA, JASMINE.

Dry: Jasmine. After a while, there's more of a green note, but if jasmine is the main component, I won't get much of any other notes. Meh.

Yesod - Woo, that's jasmine in there, alright! Oddly enough, I can't usually wear jasmine, especially not when it's the dominant note, but in this blend, the jasmine smells really pretty on me -- so pretty that I've almost entirely used up my decant of this blend! There is something else floral behind the jasmine that I can't quite identify. It's not gardenia or honeysuckle, as gardenia smells rotten on me and honeysuckle tends to amp up the jasmine effect as opposed to tempering it and making it wearable. So I'm not sure what else is in this blend, but it's a soft, light floral that really balances nicely with the jasmine. The scent is very strong initially, but fades within 30 minutes to a point where I have to press my nose to my skin to detect it. After an hour, I can't smell it at all. Maybe that's why I used up my decant so fast -- reapplication after reapplication in order to mai ntain the scent all day. I probably won't get more after I use up my decant, but I'm glad to find another rare BPAL jasmine that I like.

Yesod is an incensey floral on me, like a smoldering lily. There's something a touch herbal in here that grounds it and makes it seem penitential. It's a beautiful smell, and it would be fantastic as a room scent. Just smelling this makes me feel more solemn and hopeful, as it's very earthly and sobering somehow.

Stinging. Strong. It has that strong biting floral scent that I really don't like about florals. It's gotta be jasmine, but there's something else in it that makes the blend particularly nostril-curling for me. (Jasmine really doesn't work on me in the best of circumstances, so I'm not surprised that this one didn't work for me.)

Yesod-

In Bottle: Oh, man, soiled DIAPERS. No, I'm serious. Baby powder and stool. This is not good. I'm not sure I can bear to put this on.

Wet: All right, I tried it. (shudder) Floral, not so noxious now.

Dry: Strong, aggressive floral--like lilies that have come to my house to kick my ass--but that little bit of diaper-stink keeps getting in my nostrils. I can't wear this, sorry. Off to wash.

Overall: Very not for me.

This was a strong assault on my nose straight from the imp. Gardenia....jasmine....lily perhaps?

Wet on my skin it is very sharp, sort of a thick floral. I only put a dab of oil right on my hand and I had no problems smelling it everywhere...it's very powerful.

Dry down is a little nicer...less thick and stuffy and more powdery floral. It has become a little soapy but there is also a hint of spicy in the background as well. The spicy bit I like, but that jasmine is trying to drown it all out.

Overall, this isn't for me. It's a little soapy and thick for my taste.

This smells almost exactly like Somnus on me. It is a slightly sharp floral blend. I thought this smelled very much like lavendar, but everyone else is saying jasmine, so maybe I have my smells confused. It has medium throw and lasting power. This is a pretty straight forward blend, wish I had more to say. If you are a Somnus fan, you will love this.

Pretty, but not quite my thing.

Yowza! Jasmine!

Jasmine lovers should adore this one, but I enjoy Jasmine more when it's still on the vine.

From a Qabalistic perspective though, it's totally appropriate.

When first applied, this is all flowers – gardenia, ylang ylang and jasmine. It’s heady, rich, and seductive smelling. As it wears, it reminds predominantly gardenia. After about 2 -3 hours it’s gone.

I quite like Yesod even though I can't really identify any of the notes.

I smell aquatics and a warm, golden, glowing scent. There are florals. Dry spices that are warm but not hot. This is smoldering and comforting. It makes me think of the moon and something sensual, opening, warm.

Even though I cannot pick out the notes in this I am fairly certain that it shares a few common notes with High John the Conqueror, TAL White Light, and Swadhisthana from the Chakra series.

Beautiful, perfectly captured. It is so inspiring to have these scents to work with while I am studying a tome or two by Israel Regardie.

In the vial: What is that? Lilac, maybe? It's some floral, not sweet.

Wet: Yes, it definitely smells like lilacs on me.

Twenty minutes: Still floral. I'm not sure if this is lilacs, though. Now it smells more like gardenia. It's definitely a fleshy flower, pungent, a little sharp, yet not headachy.

One hour: Much more like a gardenia now, or perhaps a lily.

Two and a half hours: Now it smells mostly like a lily. It reminds me of a note in Peitho. I don't think it's jasmine, so it must be lily.

Four hours: Still fleshy floral. It doesn't bother me at all, but it doesn't do anything for me either.

Five hours: Unidentifiable light floral now.

Its a damn good thing I love Jasmine, cause I amp it to high hell.

This is one of those where the jasmine is so overpowering its nearly a single note.

But when inhaled deeply I get something spicy...The throw is entirely jasmine though...

So many jasmine haters... give em all to me!!

(reading thru the latter reviews I saw lily, I try not to read the reviews before I type mine so I dont get nose-persuaded, but I think lily may be the spicy I'm getting, lily does pop up in my head as "spicy" *shrugs*)

Cat-pee jasmine and wet-wool gardenia.

If it had some smoky-bacon vetiver or some stinky rose, I think it might be close to my anti-blend.