Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
siriusstar

Kether

The Supreme Crown, Rashith ha-Gilgalim, the Primordial Ether, Primum Mobile, the Source of All, the Origin of Will that radiates 620 pillars of light.

In the imp: This kind of smells like a cinnamon roll...in frankincense.

Wet: I was floored to read all the people talking about almond and cherries...I get nothing like that. This smells like a combo of warm amber and sweet frankincense, with some sort of spice.

Drydown and wear: The spice becomes more prominent and really smells like cinnamon on me...it's very sweet and does remind me of a bakery. In the latest stage of the drydown, that bakery-cinnamon combines with a powdery amber. I quite like this.

Oooo, this is yummy! My first thought: cherries and cinnamon. Upon further investigation, I've decided there is a pleasant woodsy note in there as well as something that smells a bit like almonds. It's a pretty complex blend, with many levels, but overall I would classify this as a cinnamon/foody blend. The wooded note is maybe oak? On the dry down, this reminds me of those stands in the mall that sell the roasted cinnamon nuts.

This is lovely, it is strong and has good throw and lasting power. Very nice :P

In the vial and wet on skin: incredibly strong almond. I'm not that fond of almond scents, so I was happy that dry it turned into a more spicy cinnamon scent. It ends up as a light incense with a slight woodsy and spicy kick to it. It's definitely nice, but it's too light for me.

ETA: I tried it out a second time and for some reason this time it's much stronger and I'm liking it much much more. Definitely a keeper.

Edited by porcelain

The Lab's almond note usually HATES me...but this is gorgeous on. Spiced, resiny almond. Also, I agree with many previous reviewers that said it had a warm, clean, lifelike fur or hair feel to it. Kether is not exactly the smell of my kitten's fur, but it's *really* close.

I found this scent very light on my skin. I didn't think 'almond' when I smelled it, and if I hadn't read the reviews, I'm not sure I would have thought of almond at all. I really didn't recognize any other notes. Even though it was super light, it lasted a long time. There was a faint element in there that reminded me of rubber or maybe leather, for some reason. Weird, I know....

This wasn't a very descriptive review. The scent is light, sort of sweet and slightly nutty, a little 'clean'. It didn't smell bad at all, but also didn't really grab me as something I want to wear a lot.

I smell almond, but it is very light and unobtrusive. The thing that I love the most about this blend is its resinous, golden quality. This scent glows with a gentle warmth and light. It is elevating and comforting. The moment the scent dries down it is all about Amber and Benzoin. It is more gentle and more feminine than Jacob's Ladder, but they are indeed very similar blends to me.

Six hours later I can still smell it on my skin. This wears long and strong.

I LOVE these resins!

In the vial: Almond spicy herbal. Invigorating.

Wet: Almond and something that went immediately powdery on me.

Twenty minutes: More spice than almond, but it's sweet and not strong. The powdery impression is still there, and it's almost creamy too

One hour: This has gone all unfocused on me, a little creamy, a little sweet, a little floral. It kind of smells like a dessert, almost, or like some kind of candy. Although it is interesting when my nose is right down on it, there's no real throw or much of an aura.

Two hours: What is that, maybe orris? It smells pale and sweetish and rooty. At any rate, this is almost entirely a fail on me qua perfume. Too bad, it smelled great in the vial.

Three hours: Soured. Sandalwood, I wonder? Fail.

Four hours: Yup, soured sandalwood fail.

Ah Kether, you have a sharp urine-like floral smell to you that makes me think you have jasmine and possibly orris as a component. As for your other pieces, I am liable to think cinnamon and frankincense, with perhaps a bit of almond thrown in, as there is a slight plastic tinge to you.

In other words, you and I do not get along.