Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Endymion

From Love Potions

Selune, the Moon Goddess, fell in love with a beautiful shepherd named Endymion. She appealed to Zeus, asking him to cast Endymion into everlasting slumber so that she could be with him for all eternity. Her wish was granted, and every night the Goddess visited her love as he slept. A sweet, wistful blend of d'Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

Beautiful. Just plain beautiful. The scent is exquisite. A light floral and musk with pear, and the pear note is perfectly fresh and clean. A Sunday morning scent, IMO. One of my all-time favorites.

I agree. This one's just plain lovely. It's fresh without being a crisp biting fresh, more a soft fresh, think fresh white sheets still warm from the sunshine after you've brought them in & with the smell of a spring breeze on them. The pear in this is lovely, not sweet at all. Very soft but also very unisex as my Uncle was here when I got it & he fell in love with the smell too.

The first time I wore this I loved it - Nice fruity floral but doesn't last very long. Sadly, on my second wearing I got a slight antiseptic feel and the whole scent seemed to disappear very quickly.

A very similar thing happened to me and Ingenue :P

I really wanted to love Endymion, as I've been enthralled by the myth since I was a kid. And I love pears. Love them. Unfortunately, this fragrance isn't a great success on me; the pear overtone seems to evaporate within half an hour or so, leaving me with mainly lily of the valley.. which is nice, but not really me.

This one started out as bright pear on me, then dried to a soft, powdery, grandmotherly, kindof indescribable scent after about an hour. It lasted throughout much of the day, until it was a faint wisp of floral scent. It reminds me of springtime, I can see buying a 5 ml bottle of it when the weather starts to warm up.

This one was very not me, unortunately. I can see this is a lovely scent on someone else, but there is a reason I never choose white florals and that is that they're too.....white for me? Very unfortunate, as I wanted something different from my gloomy, nightt ime smelling perfumes...

I like pear florals and light musk, so I liked this one. I think I might wait until summer to purchase this one, as it is a bit light for the Winter. Beautiful fruity floral, but I'd need to reapply often.

Pear comes through very strongly indeed in fact I cannot smell much else when smelling it in the vial. When first applied the pear is very very strong. The initial scent is sweet, crisp clean and bright. It slowly softens and warms down and the Lily of the Valley and musk come through. Its quite lovely. I like it very much and will definitely buy this in a bigger size.

Yes, as others have said, a bright floral with a strong pear-note. This one reminds me of those tiny cup-like white flowers one finds on roadways in the mid-spring. the pear-scent is more blossom-like to my nose that juicy-fruity pear, with a woody edge to it. A lovely, brisk floral.

Sweet, crisp, pebbly pear, with just the slightest touch of soapy Lily of the Valley. During drydown, I almost think I can smell the rosy brown of the bois de rose, but it's so fleeting I'm not sure if it's really there. The white musk comes out after a bit, and makes this a clean, warm, and oh-so-soft envelope around me.

Enchanting!

Initial Sniff: A clean, white scent. Very fresh and crisp sweetened by the pear. Lovely.

Wearing: This one had faded away to almost nothing within an hour. My skin obviously just gobbled it up! So I have nothing to say about the drydown as by the time it was dry, it was gone!

Final Impressions: I just can't wear white scents, and this is no exception. I'm sure it would be beatiful on someone else though!

Edited by paperdoll

First sniff: Endymion is the absolute smell, taste and texture of a perfectly ripe not-too-soft pear. Really gorgeous.

Wearing: I can smell soft flowers immediately under the blanket of pear, a hint of rose and something else that makes it not just rosey. The aura is more flowers than pear, but it’s still definite pear if I sniff my wrist directly. Very pretty, even the rosey bits, and I’m not a rose person. After a few minutes it goes sweeter and I get the same sneezey feeling as with Old New Orleans. The pear disappears very fast once it dries – I wish it hung around more, it’s what makes this one unique.

First whiff from vial: I can't pick out any particular notes, just a general floral perfume that is very subtle. Usually, floral perfumes, actually, almost any perfumes give me headaches, but I associate florals with perfumes, so..

Ohmygosh! Once I put this on, I could totally smell the pear!

It's dried to a nice, light floral, but I'm not sure if my slight headache is from this or Voodoo, or just smelling too much!

Edited by friendthegirl

The scent wet and drying seemed to have a semi-bitter smell to it. I'm guessing it was the pear...

It dried down to something a little too powerdy and musty, though overall a nice floral.

I don't think this is for me.

If the pear had lasted, I would have really liked this smell. Unfortunately, the pear was gone in about 10 minutes, leaving a strangely soapy/chemical floral behind on my skin - which I assume was the lily of the valley. What a shame! I am starting to thing that my most beloved smells just don't smell right on my skin - ie, pears, blackberries, limes, mangos...

Nice big juicy pear at first, but as those before me have mentioned, the pear disappears within the first hour or so. No complaints, because what follows is beautiful light floral - a nice combination of rose and lily of the valley. Elizabeth's white musk is so wonderfully clean and fresh, it blends in perfectly. Endymion makes me feel young. :P A great daytime scent.

First Impression: Oh no, not again! I didn't want to love so many of them. Nor did I ever think I would.

Second Impression: Sweet juicy pear, gorgeous musky floral. This surrounded me in juicy wet flowers. So perfect for Easter Sunday.

Final Analysis. I wish it were stronger and longer lasting because this scent is exquisite.

I was sure I would love this one, and it is beautiful, although different from what I expected. The pear in this isn't nearly as strong on me as the lily of the valley, which I think must be that ever so slightly cleaning fluid kind of smell I get from this, Queen of Hearts, and a couple of other blends. I had been wondering what that was -- at least I solved the mystery!

I can smell the pear coming through subtly, which really really helps dispel the overly cleaner-y smell that the lily has on me. It is a very clean, sparkling scent, very bright and perky. I will wear this during the day this summer, it'll be lovely to have around as an option. It's gotten to the point that I'm actually relieved when I don't HAVE to have a big bottle of a scent -- leaves room for discovering other favorites! :P

This is my second time wearing the scent.

I adore it. It's gentle and lovely. Suitable for warmer weather. Floral, but not just. Dry there is a slight spice to it on me. I'm not really smelling specific notes...just prettiness. If I had to ascribe a color to this it would be white or an off white with a pinkish tint. So pretty.

OK, just re-applied so I could post a response for it wet- It is much crisper and sharper when wet. I can definately smell the pear which is what seems to give the scent its edge. It's clean smelling....but not soapy. It's so pretty and hubby likes it too (which unfortunately is rare...he's so darned picky)

Probably going to go on my quickly growing large bottle list....at the very least I'll need to buy another imp of it....mine came from a swap and is consequently almost gone.

I just wanted to add that this is REALLY lovely in my scent locket. It stays much stronger much longer and gets a bit of warmness to it after a while. I almost always wear this in the locket rather than on my skin.

Edited by amberbella

First impression on skin:

I didn't get that much pear while wearing this, neither so much lily of the valley. On me, the rose/rosewood note became very prominent after a few moments. It reminds me very much of Delirium-this soft , rose-powdery note plus a fresh fruitiness. (Delirium has lemon instead of pear in it)

After two hours:

This is no warm scent, more of a fresh and cool one for springtime and summer. The rose is dewy and soft, not like the honeyed, warm and overwhelming rose you get in some other rose scents.

My associations while wearing this: Fresh, spring, calm, light green and white, cool, soft, a little mysterious.

After 3 1/2 hours, it was gone (unfortunately) and I had to reapply.

Initially when I smelled this wet I could smell the sweetness of the pear first then I could smell a little of the rose. When it started to dry down I could still smell the sweetness but mostly the rose with a little bit of the lily of the valley which on me gave almost a soapy clean smell. This is a very light and spring-type fragrance but unfortunately didn't last on me and I had to reapply to get the smell to last.

FIRST SNIFF: plump pears and sugary popsicles

WEARING IT: this is THE perfect summer time scent. this, to me, is a scent to wear when you're feeling a little girly, a little flirty & a little innocent all at the same time :P the pear is still in the foreground, with rose and a little musk coming up from behind. the longer i wear it the more i can smell lily of the valley.

VERDICT: although it seems to fade fast on me, i do like it enough to probably get a 5ml at some point down the road.

oh YES!! this is exquisite!! Immediately after application it is such a bright pear I just want to smell myself to death. I love pear. This is so delicious.

After the oil dries the pear fades away fairly fast, and on me a beautiful soft rose scent is left. I also happen to really like rose.

Im in heaven. :P

unfortunately, it seems like this will fade fast into a sweet nothingness...

The pear was lovely while it lasted, but it quickly faded and left me with a soapy/bactaid kind of smell. Too bad, it started out beautifully.