Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Endymion

Selune, the Moon Goddess, fell in love with a beautiful shepherd named Endymion. She appealed to Zeus, asking him to cast Endymion into everlasting slumber so that she could be with him for all eternity. Her wish was granted, and every night the Goddess visited her love as he slept. A sweet, wistful blend of d’Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

In the bottle: Ummm...pear. With lovely florals and that white musk behind it. White musk and I are friends. I'm so glad. I was fearful that I would never be able to get along with any musk but the white is so nice. Definetly a rose tint in there. I'm not sure if bois du rose should smell like rose or not but something does. I like my roses.

Wet: Very light scent of pear and...lily of the valley with the musk as a background scent. This is evocative of pale moonlight and pleasant fields and the pattern of eyelashes on a perpetually sleeping cheek. Pear is such a soft scent as is Lily of the Valley. And, thnakfully, the bois du rose is light as well so that everything is very floating. Very like a cloud.

Dry down: There's a little more of the rose scent coming through. But the pear and Lily of the Valley are the most present with the musk as a background for the other scents to play on. The only problem I have with this is that it fades to next to nothing so fast. It makes sense considering who it's named for but it's sad that it seems to slip away so soon.

Dry: A little musk with some floral notes. Also a hint of pear. But this fades so fast. Also it has a slightly bitter edge to it. It's nice. I just wish it would stick around a little longer. Thnakfully the 5ml I have gives me lots of time to become acquainted with everyone's favorite male sleeping beauty.

In The Bottle Gorgeous..... just gorgeous

Wet The pear is musky and filmy.... this one is so pretty. The pear is gradually getting stronger. It's never been one of my favorite notes, but here I like it. It's so beautiful and wistful...... utterly feminine and soft... the lillies and roses are a quiet refrain in the background..... I often have a hard time with "white" fragrances.... but this is gorgeous. Ahhh

Drydown It's gotten a powdery layer and the pear has faded somewhat. This is really beautiful. It's such a delicate scent. I'm about to go to bed. This one is going to give me lovely dreams, I know it!

Several Hours Later This one got more lovely as the night went on. It wafts sweetly around you. It's never strong, but I randomly get hints of it throught the night, and it's such a lovely thing. I can't believe how closely it stayed to the smell in the bottle. that NEVER happens for me.

Verdict Immediately became one of my top 3. ::swoons:: I love this one!

Endymion is a beautiful, subtle fruity/floral perfume.....the scent of a rain-laden breeze in a pear orchard.

This is an extremely intimate fragrance, staying very close to my skin and never really creating much sillage. It's perfect for a cozy day with a book when you want a fresh fruity scent.

This was a gift from fairywingmaker. Thank you, Bernadette.

ohhhhh

in the vial lilies, and juicy pears

wet: all pear, and not a fake pear smell but a ripe juicy fresh warm pear right off the tree

dry: the lilies are making a reappearance, but the pear is still the front runner, i hope the rose peaks out as i am a huge fan of beth's roses.

This is a really lovely springtime scent.

In the vial, it's all pears and lillies. This one dried interestingly on me, though. On my right wrist, it's all floral... especially the bois du rose and the lily. On my left wrist, it's juicy pear that is the dominant note.

I love it! :P

Hmm, another scent review that seems to have slipped through the cracks. Lily of the valley and my skin chemistry do not get along at all. In fact, they have knock-down, drag-out fights and it smells really bad. The pear is indeed juicy and helps somewhat, but this ended up like Regan on me- "old lady cloying perfume."A shame.

Ah, Endymion. At first I smell pears--delicate and new, not fully ripe. Then a soft floral scent emerges and mingles with the pear--the light, soapy scent of lily of the valley. It fades (unfortunately quickly) into a soft floral powder. (I don't smell the rose or musk in this blend.) This is a light green scent, perfect for spring. It's on my big-bottle list. :P

ETA: It lasts longer if I apply a touch to my sleeves rather than my skin.

ETAA: Now that it's aged a bit, or maybe now because my nose is more sophisticated, I smell sweet, gentle pears--and rose. YUM.

Edited by Sheila

In the Vial: I can smell the pear, and that's about it...very pear-like and sweet.

Wet: I can smell the pear really well now along with the rose... it's very crisp and fresh. Pearlike and Floral, but mostly Pear is what I smell.

Dry: My skin brought out the rose and pear equally but I don't smell the Lily at all.... It's very nice, floral, and a little fruity.

Conclusion: While I like this and it is nice it's just not me... I'll trade it to someone who really would love it instead. :D But if you like Pear, you'll love this. :P

Nadirah was so kind to gift me with an imp of Endymion in a swap :P . This is something I never would have thought to try as I usually can't do fruity scents. But as soon as I opened the imp I knew I had to try it on, this one is mesmerizing. Yes, the pear is there but somehow the rosewood (one of my favorite woody notes) tones it down so it doesn't smell fruity at all. And the rosewood also manages to keep this from smelling like any old floral blend on me as well, not to mention the crystal clear white musk. It's just perfect, floaty, dreamy, creamy white with a tiny bit of green. I'm hoping to get a bottle of this in my next order. :D

My first review! :P

Starts out woah! Juicy juicy pear! and almost banana-ish fruitiness. Then I get some pretty, soft floral, which I guess is the LotV? I dunno! Soon some nice, soft, motherly rose comes in. I feel like I’m sitting in the park in a floral tea-dress, listening to the birds on a clear, sunny day, and then maybe looking in those rose-scented shabby-chic home wares stores with my mum in this, lol! Definitely not a ‘juicy’ fruity scent for me (except for the very start), more delicate and pretty.

Edited by BlackPearl

A gorgeous, soft pear scent- and, really, how many good pear scents are there out there?

Wet, I get pear softened by some kind of flower, and when its on, I get pear and rose .

A beautiful combination for those who love roses, but, alas, i do not. If only there was some way to freeze the scent at one stage!

Origin:

Lagniappe from the Lab. :P

First sniff:

Pear is the first thing I smell, but it's a floral pear, somehow...it's not pears and florals, it's a floral pear, like one note, which is kind of odd but rather pretty. If I had to say which floral note this is, I'd say lily of the valley, but it's so well blended with the pear that it's somewhat difficult to tell for sure.

Wet on skin:

This is almost identical to the most recent Chaos blend I've tried (XXXII). It's soft and unoffensively fruity/floral and realistic to the point that I can almost taste it. This really isn't bad at all at this point, in spite of my floral aversion.

Dry down:

The rose is coming out now, which is unfortunate because I realy don't care for rose. Something about this is just too...aggressively girly, I guess, even though it's namesake is male. I'm not a rose kind of girl, unfortunately, so Endymion's going to be finding a new home.

The bottom line:

Endymion as actually alright right up until the point where the roses staged their coup d'etat, but it was downhill from there. :D

Wet, lucsious pear, very fruity and crisp. There is lily of the valley underneath, and maybe a hint of the rose. Unfortunately for me, however, there is also soapiness. :P Without the soap though, this is a light, juicy floral scent. Perfect for spring and summer.

I had very high hopes for Endymion. Pear and white musk, mmmm. I'm not all that familiar with lilly of the valley or bois du rose, but I've never met a lilly or rose I did not like the smell of. This sounded right up my alley, and it was (sort of).

In the bottle: Mmmmm rose smeared with fresh pear, loving it so far.

Wet: Once I get this on the pear really stands out, more so than in the bottle, and there is the rose, didn't really pick anything else up at this point.

Dry down: This is where Endymion started playing he loves me, he loves me not with my chemistry. Five minutes after application I really had to sniff hard to smell it on my wrist, and I smelled disenfectant, yech. I reapplied, there is the rose and pear again. And so it went for the next two hours. The pear faded out rather quickly. One moment it would be the most lovely white floral, with the musk giving it a nice clean finish. Like the scent of flowers floating on a cool spring breeze. And then I'd smell again and it would be soap, and not a nice soap either, disenfectant soap. :D

After two hours the florals took a back seat, and thank the Gods that awfull soapy disenfectant smell never came back. All of a sudden it was lovely white musk with just the faintest breath of floral. Now this I like, and it stayed that way for the rest of the evening. I can still smell it now almost eight hours later, which is a real suprise because I though this one would fade in to ovlivion rather quickly.

Final verdict: Endymion is definatly a keeper, even if it was rough going there for a while. It never got bad enough that I wouldn't bear through the I think I want to smell like crap on you stage to get to that beautifull musky finish. I'm hoping it was just a hormone thing making it go wonky, it is that time of the month. :P

Pear and rose and lily! How perfect could it get!

This blend is sweet and soft and wonderfully floral (without being heavy). The pear really adds dimension to the rose, and the lily peeks out every once in a while.

Its a perfect spring scent-clean and girlish.

First sniff from the bottle- Pear and rose

After 15 minutes- The pear and rose are the dominate notes in this. This is a very soft and subtle rose, like a tea rose. The lily of the valley and musk come through after a while and turn this into a generic smelling 'department store' floral perfume.

Summery- Florals and I don't get along. This is getting swapped. :P

First impression: Roses!! Pink ones! (why pink? I don't know. Maybe because it's purely rose but not as deep and rich as roses can get.) And a touch of apple. (The notes say pear. Maybe that's what I'm smelling. But it says apple to me.)

Later: This is pretty! And fairly consistent. Few morphs/changes in scent. Somewhat light. Probably a decent spring/summer scent.

I'm surprised to find this is gender neutral. On me it's very feminine.

Overall: very pretty. Probably a keeper.

In the bottle: exactly like the perfume my grandmother used to wear. I think that's the lily-of-the-valley.

Wet: The pear is very distinct, bright and summery, with a bit of powder behind it; pleasant sort of light-green fruitiness, but I'm not sure I'd want to wear it again if it stays like this -- I don't like fruit on the whole.

Dry: This one isn't working well for me; less and less so as it dries. Oddly, though other people seem to have found it overly mild, I'm finding it too strong, and it's giving me a headache and prickling the back of my throat. The pear is still distinct at first but becomes quite chemical, and there's a kind of powdery old-lady-perfume smell mixed with it. Later on, the pear fades out entirely.

Overall: This one is just not for me.

Wet: freshly cut pears and a smidge of rose. Clean. Minutes later muget peeks through.

While drying: Sweet and subtle, not too strong at all. Very much a spring scent. After several minutes, the pear wafts forward, but remains very much a pear-muget scent with a touch of rose. Sometimes, the rose is dominant depending on the breeze that's wafting the fragrance around. Can't smell the musk. Delightful. Had to reapply within the hourish. Or rather WANTED to reapply.

Will enjoy the imp.

Big bottle? Maybe. I've got lots of scents in larger bottles I'm already enjoying, but since they are fallish scents, who knows?

In the bottle:

Lily. That's it.

On me:

This perfume is just one more reason I really need to just admit to myself that I should not attempt to wear scents with lily in it. Lily always seems to overwhelm any other notes on me, and I end up smelling like soap.

I am not getting pear OR musk at all.

Final note:

As a few other people have said, I'm sure this would be lovely on someone else. But on me, it just doesn't work.

Oo, this is far too balanced for me to break out individual scents beyond rose, to be honest, but what a lovely rose it is!

I wasn't too sure of the imp, as it smelled...like something I've smelled before, but don't particularly care for. I suspect it's the pear. On my skin this disappeared almost immeditely, and the rose and lily of the valley came out - yet not too much lily, which can sometimes go quite sour on my skin.

Overall It's a light floral, something I'd probabl wear in the depths of winter, on a bright, sunny, cold and crisp day.

Lovely!

Oro :P

So. Crisp. I got this as a freebie (another that I wouldn't have picked for myself, but I'm so glad the lab thought better) and I hadn't read the description. As soon as I put it on I thought of biting into a green apple or pear. The pear stays pretty strong on me, but overall the scent fades pretty quickly. Definitely ordering in a large bottle.

YUM! :P

As the proud and lucky owner of a bottle of d'Anjou Pear SN, I am happy to say that that luscious note dominates Endymion :D Unfortunately, I do detect an undercurrent of "dryer sheet rose" in this blend.

As the blend dries down, the rose takes over :D

I just got an imp of Endymion in a swap and I can't keep my noise off my wrist! :P

First: Beautiful pear, not at all artificial.

Now: A lovely friuty/floral.

I believe this has made the fast-track to my 5 ml wish list!