Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Endymion

Selune, the Moon Goddess, fell in love with a beautiful shepherd named Endymion. She appealed to Zeus, asking him to cast Endymion into everlasting slumber so that she could be with him for all eternity. Her wish was granted, and every night the Goddess visited her love as he slept. A sweet, wistful blend of d’Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

I could have sworn I reviewed this before. Anywho.

No LOTV here, for me. Pear, pear, pear. I like it but I have a lot of purely fruity scents, so not sure I'll get a big bottle yet. Maybe if it ages (I got it fresh from the lab) more of the LOTV will emerge.

In the imp: Smells like apple blossom, and it's throwing me off. Doesn't really smell like pear to me.

Wet: All strong and sweet pear. Now I can tell it's not apple blossom. It's not as sweet as Eve. But it's too strong for me.

Dry: Just sweet fruit. But about an hour later, maybe less, the fruit completely goes away, I forgot I was wearing a fruity scent. This is all lily of the valley and white musk, which make a lovely combination!

Overall:This is overpoweringly sweet fruit turned lovely delicate floral. I felt calm after wearing this all day. It's lovely, but there is a wait for the loveliness. I'll just use my imp. :P

in the imp: sweet pear perfume.

wet on skin: the pear is becoming less perfume-y, more like the fresh pear in the Perilous Parlor. which is nice! :P

dry down: the rear is still sweet, and juicy, but it's as if someone took a fresh ripe pear and floated it in a Wedgewood Bowl of Lily of the Valley fragrance.

in all: a possibly satisfying substitute for someone obsessed with Perilous Parlor. for me, the floral is a bit too cloying for my tastes...:shrug:

In vial: sweet and pretty! Pear, rose, lily of the valley and a hint of white musk.

Wet on skin: oh so pretty! This is strikingly similar to The Presence of Love (White musk, rose-swirled amber, pink grapefruit, and jasmine) only without the evil jasmine - in fact it's what I wanted the P of L to smell like, only with pear instead of grapefruit!

Dry on skin: very pretty rose, pear and white musk. It's quite faint and very sweet. Pear is the first note to fade. I will definitely use up the imp, although I'm not so sure about a bottle.

Hmmm... not too sure about this one.

In the imp, I get vague florals.

Wet, I get soap.

On drydown, the rose dashes to the fore and competes with another note I can't identify. I don't think it's pear, so I must assume it's either the lily (the flower of which I have never sniffed in real life) or the white musk.

It's OK but not something that I must have.

Smell alike: reminds me sunny days in the countryside -I really don't know why :3

Color impression: Bouncy and fluffy apple green

On me: Smells sweet -Yum, pear!- and clean -lilly of the valley and musk. Pretty and maybe a bit too discrete for my liking but that a really comforting and delicate scent

Wearing: I don't really feel like wearing this one myself but it might be very nice on a kid or in a kid room

I really liked this in the vial -- just the right amount of sweet fruity pear and lightly musky florals -- exactly what I was expecting. Very very pretty.

As it dried down, though, the pear pretty much disappeared and I was left with a nondescript floral. Still nice, but nothing to write home about. Too bad. This really had promise -- must be my wacky chemistry :huh?:

This is a scent I really wanted to try as Lily of the Valley and White Musk are the only two scents I KNOW from my limited perfume experience that I like on me, and when I reached into my box to see which would be the first one of the imps that I tried, this turned out to be it.

I adored it from the moment I opened the imp, but it didn't feel quite like me, and I kept sniffing my wrist going "Oh this smells to delicious and tasty, but it's not quite me." and then after an hour or so the Pear suddenly stepped back, letting the Lily of the Valley and White Musk step forward instead of just supporting the Pear and suddenly, bam, it was all me!

Throughout this whole time the rose remained very low-key

Unless all the other scents are even more amazing I imagine I will eventually get more of this one.

Imp: Juicy pear and lily

Wet: A tangy pear with bois de rose. Rose is actually pretty prominent

Drydown: Very romantic scent. The rose and pear are about equal, but you'd never know there were other notes.

Overall: It's actually really pretty, but since I'm trying to keep my stash in check, I just don't think I need to hand on to it. I compared it to the other scent I have that fits this niche (Titania) and it didn't come out on top. Well worth a try for a fruit/floral combo!

this is all lilly and rose on me, mostly lilly. and finally one that is nice to me, usually lilly of the valey goes sour with my chemistry. to me, this is a spring scent, perfect for now. :)

pears and lily of the valley. some musk. some rose. a very light scent with pears and florals

A whisper of pear, then pure white musk, which is a non scent on my skin. Nothing but a faintly soapy smell like I took a shower with Ivory or something similar and didn't rinse well enough.

Wet on my skin this is all lillies. Thankfully on the drydown it calms down enough that the pear and white musk come out. There might be rose flitting around the edges too. It's very pretty but definately a traditional "perfumy" sort of scent.

In bottle: Pear dominant, but the florals blends wonderfully with it. Wet: The lily really comes out on the sin. The florals start rather swamping the pear. Dry: Rose, rose, rose.

Sweet sweet flowers. It's got a hairspray tone to it, but not enough to make it bad. It evens out nicely, with elements in it that I like.

a soft, sweet pear blend, subdued yet beautiful, and warm, from the musk. just a touch of the bois du rose. like eating a fresh sliced pear on your porch on a warm spring day, smelling the roses off in the distance in your garden. the only slightly objectionable thing about it is that it’s so subtle. but that’s ok, sometimes. for example, it will be nice to wear when i am rocking my baby to sleep. it’s a warm, inviting scent, not overbearing, just right.

Inside the imp, it's mostly a rose scent to my nose.

On the skin, pears and lilies to begin with. Rose note comes on strong a couple minutes after application.

Dries to mostly faint rose & lily.

Very sweet and pretty scent. Started out wet with a gigantic blast of white pear juice then settled down quickly into a dreamy rose scent. The musk and pear sweeten and soften. Very pretty, just not something I'd wear often.

Oh, how I wanted to love this one. In the vial I was able to smell the pear and lily mostly. I discovered that when lily hits my skin in turns very soapy, then the rose amped, so I got rose soap smell. I really need to stay away from lily scents.

Imp: Rose, Lily of the valley, a hint of musk and maybe a mingle of pear. Kinda smells like air freshner in the imp! ...but a nice one.

Wet: Sweet Lily, a little rose.

Drydown: Kinda turns to baby powder on me. It's nice but it kind of makes my nose tingle like i'm going to sneeze.

Fades fast on me. No more than half an hour and its barely sniffable. I slathered quite a bit on too. It wasn't on my try list so i'm not really bothered. I really wish I got the pear and rose though, but the lotv just wouldn't quit. -_-

I'm currently wearing this, and It is just lovely. In the imp I am getting pear, but wonderful fresh juicy pear. Mmmm. Tasty.

On skin this sweetens very much so, but not in the cloying kind of way. It's more of a crystalline sugared like sweet to my nose. The white musk and rose are just adding on to the pear and making it slightly powerdy, but not overly so. It's EXTREMELY feminine., so it is hard for me to believe that some think its more masculine!

Overall it dries to a wonderful crisp pear, rose, and white musk scent. I'm not a huge fan of lily of the valley and glad that it doesn't make a distincy appearance, but I'm sure it is adding to the flowery element in this blend. It's really pretty, but I think I prefered the juicy pear scent in the imp (juicy pear? I mean come on! Delish!)

That being said I will keep the imp! You never know when the urge to smell pear-y and rose-y will come over you (and this is one fresh rose scent if there ever was one)!

So beautiful in the imp - really sweet, but fresh and natural. When it hits my skin, it turns to rancid, rotting, funeral flowers - or should I say flower - LILY! That's it, that's all.

I guess I have to add lily to the list of scents that pick a fight with my skin chemistry.

In imp and wet, very fruity. Pear is strong.

Drydown this totally changes to white/light roses.

Not a big fan... up for swaps!

Subtle, fresh and feminine: the perfume equivalent of a spring evening. At first this was totally and utterly pear, which was great by me, but now the rose is mixing up with the pear and the lily is in the background, providing an ever so slightly soapy/powdery finish. I like it, but there are floral scents that I like much more.

I was a little wary of this one at first because Perilous Parlor's pear note went all tinned pears on me. Glad I got an imp, because it's divine.

In the imp: fresh pears and flowers

Wet: musky with a touch of floral

Drydown: pear coming through the musk and florals dying down

Dry: gorgeous blend of light pear scent, musk, and a light floral

I love this one, and I reach for it when I want something subtle and classy. I am thinking seriously about a bottle purchase for this one.