Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sihaya09

I want a BPAL that smells like Bath & Body Works...

My favorite BBW scent is brown sugar & fig, are there any BPAL scents that smell like this one?

You might give Eden a try.

B&BW lists:

# Fragrance Top Notes: Fresh California Fig Fruit, Passion Fruit, White Peach

# Fragrance Mid Notes: Vanilla Orchid, Sheer Jasmine, Muguet, Yellow Freesia, Coconut Milk

# Fragrance Base Notes: Vanilla Bean, Fig Leaves, Caramelized Sugar, Maple, Velvet Musk

The notes for Eden:

fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

Between the fig leaves, fig fruit, and coconut, you might just get something close. :P Alas, neither of them really work on me so I can't say for sure, but I have friends who adore Eden and it's beautifully juicy on them.

And now a brief threadjack: If you liked Very Festive Pomegranate last year, you totally need Fruit of Paradise. There's a familial resemblance between the two and if you liked the one, you'll probably like the other.

Edited by lady_pandora

Last Christmas I discovered their Aromatherapy Sandalwood Rose, just in time for it to be discontinued. It doesn't actually smell much like sandalwood or rose to my nose - more like patchouli, which is probably why I like it so much. The lotion lists sandalwood (white, not red, gauging by the species name), rose, patchouli, and frankincense oil...though they all come after fragrance in the list.

So, to anyone familiar with this blend, what should I try/layer to get this fragrance? I amp BPAL's rose notes, and when I tried Rakshasa, rose was all I got out of it; I expect that same result from Wanton. Namaste was too lemongrass-y and Fenris Wolf was too red musk-y. Maybe I could layer Anne Bonny with something?

What about Vanilla Bean Noel? Sugar Skull doesn't do it for me, and neither do Gluttony or Cockaigne.

BBW says:

Vanilla Bean Noel-fragrance top notes: Caramel, Burnt Sugar; mid note: Vanilla; base notes: Tonka Bean, Musk

So yesterday I was supposed to be out shopping for other people and ended up buying a whole slew of B&BW's Midnight Pomegranate. I wondered if anyone had tried it, and knew if either Hymn to Proserpine or Fruit of Paradise were good to layer with this?

Here are the notes as listed on the site:

Fragrance Top Notes: Pomegranate, Sparkling Citrus, Dewberry, Anise, Cinnamon, Nutmeg

Fragrance Mid Notes: Cassis, Black Berry, Iris, Jasmine, Raspberry

Fragrance Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tobacco, Patchouli

Now, for me, I don't get *any* patchouli or tobacco. I do get some of the other fruit notes, and the cinnamon and nutmeg, and I definitely get the vanilla. I would like to keep the pomegranate itself around a bit longer if I could, though, and I was wondering if Fruit of Paradise would be good for that?

Does anyone know of anything that smells like B&B Works' Winter Candy Apple? I just got the shower gel and it's amazing. It filled up the whole bathroom with the scent of fresh-out-of-the-oven juicy cinnamon apples. I thought it had a certain quality similar to Swank and if I layered that with March Hare I might be halfway there. But does anyone know of one scent that smells just like that on its own?

Edited by pinkpepper

I find The Squirting Cucumber reminds me quite a bit of B&BW Cucumber Melon products. Anyone else?

B&BW Description:

Fragrant, everyday cleanser refreshes and conditions skin

Fragrance Top Notes: Honeydew

Fragrance Mid Notes: Cucumber, Jasmine, Muguet

Fragrance Base Notes: Musk

Lab Description of Squirting Cucumber:

Yikes! A spurt of wet, grassy greenness.

for any fans of B&BW "Flowering Herbs" -- an old scent that sometimes gets brought back in limited runs ('course i haven't shopped there in years)

Nosferatu is a dead ringer.

also the Nosferatu/Flowering Herbs scent is dead-on for an 80's fragrance called Chill Out.

Any more suggestions for something similar to Brown Sugar & Fig? Eden doesn't cut it for me. I'm looking for a sweet woodsy fig. It's that woodsy note that makes Brown Sugar & Fig so good on me, though, so it can't be 100% sweetness.

Both Intrigue and The Hanging Gardens have fig and wood notes. Layering Intrigue (which is woodsy and dry but definitely figgy) with something that has Beth's burnt sugar or caramel note might make something very similar to Brown Sugar and Fig.

For Brown Sugar & Fig, I find that Freak Show layers gloriously with it. The scents aren't the same, per se, but the fig is very similar. I get complements almost every time I wear that combo.

I also like it with Cerberus, which might have that woodsy note you're looking for tamburlaine.

For Winter Candy Apple, maybe Slathered Candy Apple or Creepy (caramel rather than candy, but definitely the same sweet sugary apple family) if you can get your hands on them.

There was a B&BW body spray a few years ago called Red Currant and Thyme Tea, which smelled GREAT on me...so of course it was discontinued. Any suggestions?

There was a B&BW body spray a few years ago called Red Currant and Thyme Tea, which smelled GREAT on me...so of course it was discontinued. Any suggestions?

Have you ever tried Lady MacBeth? It has red currant and thyme notes. I find it more fruity than herbal and I don't get a lot of wine from it, although many people mention that as a prominent component. I'm not familiar with the B&BW scent you loved so, but I'd think she would definitely merit a try.

Does anyone have any idea what would smell like the Japanese Cherry Blossom scent?

Description: This exotic fragrance is a sensuous blend of Japanese cherry blossom, vanilla rice, oriental woods and delicate mimosa petals.

I love the way Citrus Watermint smells. I don't know if B&BW is getting rid of it or not, but it would be nice to have a fragrance oil on hand that smells similar. Any BPALs that do? TIA.

Notes are: luscious mandarin, sweet clementine and crisp fresh herbs

It smells really marine/watery to me.

I would love an oil that smells like their Ripe Fig room scent oil (might be White Barn, not sure). That one smells exactly like fresh picked blackberries to me, or the bushes warming in the sun when we used to go berry picking. Mmmmm

I'd like to find a BPAL that resembles BB&W's Night-blooming Jasmine:

* Fragrance Top Notes: Lilac, Jasmine

* Fragrance Mid Notes: Violet Leaves, Freesia Petals, Spring Rain Accord

* Fragrance Base Notes: Orris, Musk

My future SIL likes it, and I'm coming up with a BPAL/BPTP/Arcana/etc. gift basket for her shower.

I would love an oil that smells like their Ripe Fig room scent oil (might be White Barn, not sure). That one smells exactly like fresh picked blackberries to me, or the bushes warming in the sun when we used to go berry picking. Mmmmm

Ok, I was wrong... Its White Barn Candle Co.'s Brown Sugar & Fig room scent and its DIVINE!! Just wish I could find a perfume oil, lotion, anything for my body that smelled like it.

Ok, I was wrong... Its White Barn Candle Co.'s Brown Sugar & Fig room scent and its DIVINE!! Just wish I could find a perfume oil, lotion, anything for my body that smelled like it.

Well, since I can't recommend anything other than BPAL on this thread, have you tried the most obvious Strangler Fig? If the room scent smells anything like the Bath and Body Works lotion and body butter in the same scent, then SF might be a good one to try. It isn't as sweet as the Brown Sugar and Fig, but the fig note is quite pretty.

Id love their Sensual Jasmine Vanilla...Mmmm. It has a hint of patchouli

my chemistry usually takes Jasmine and turns it into Lysol...but their Jasmine Vanilla is TO DIE FOR! :D

I always get positive feedback when I wear it. I'd love me some bpal that smells zactly like Jasmine Vanilla (with a hint of patchouli) :P

Edited by Purrsnikety

I'd like to find a BPAL that resembles BB&W's Night-blooming Jasmine:

* Fragrance Top Notes: Lilac, Jasmine

* Fragrance Mid Notes: Violet Leaves, Freesia Petals, Spring Rain Accord

* Fragrance Base Notes: Orris, Musk

My future SIL likes it, and I'm coming up with a BPAL/BPTP/Arcana/etc. gift basket for her shower.

The only thing I have found in BPAL that even reminded me of B&BW's Night-Blooming Jasmine was the floral in Snow White.

Well, since I can't recommend anything other than BPAL on this thread, have you tried the most obvious Strangler Fig? If the room scent smells anything like the Bath and Body Works lotion and body butter in the same scent, then SF might be a good one to try. It isn't as sweet as the Brown Sugar and Fig, but the fig note is quite pretty.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that. I haven't even been able to find B&BW products in anything but the fragrance oil. I'd love a body butter in that scent, I'll check the website.