Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sihaya09

I want a BPAL that smells like Bath & Body Works...

Any ideas for a dupe for BBW Sweater Weather? I love the room spray, would love to wear the scent. Notes includeSweater Weather – A cuddly blend of eucalyptus, juniper berry and fresh sage

I am pretty darn sure there is some amber in there as well or perhaps musk as it has a top, herbal/evergreen note that is probably the juniper, eucalyptus and sage but then there is a resinous, warm note that is musky and "sunny" like frankincense or more likely an amber??

My first thoughts were Coyote (I have no idea what the planty stuff in it is, but it's definitely a cuddly scent and has amber and musk) or maybe Golden Priapus (it's got the eucalyptus juniper; this blend went way wrong on me but a lot of people love it).

Edit because I typed the wrong note

One more edit for a disclaimer: I haven't actually tried Sweater Weather

Edited by lady_pandora

Any ideas for a dupe for BBW Sweater Weather? I love the room spray, would love to wear the scent. Notes include Sweater Weather – A cuddly blend of eucalyptus, juniper berry and fresh sage.

I am pretty darn sure there is some amber in there as well or perhaps musk as it has a top, herbal/evergreen note that is probably the juniper, eucalyptus and sage but then there is a resinous, warm note that is musky and "sunny" like frankincense or more likely an amber??

Here's some possibilities, with links to their reviews:

Golden Priapus: Vanilla and amber with juniper, rosewood and white pine.

Jabberwocky: Pine, eucalyptus and orange.

Loup Garou: Juniper, cypress and galangal with the barest touch of eucalyptus.

Thanatopsis: Pine, juniper and musk.

Undertow: Lotus and juniper with a hint of mint.

You could also take a look at Ogygia (Crisp sea air, kelp, and climbing vines, flame-singed cedarwood and juniper branches, cypress boughs, alder wood, violets, selino, parsley, glistritha, and white sage), though it's significantly more complex.

Edited by Andyl

I am in love with BBW Cashmere Glow. I have difficulty describing what it smells like to me, but BBW describes it as:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Peach, Guava, Berries, Apricot

Mid Notes: Muguet, Mimosa, Peony, Jasmine

Dry Notes: Vanilla, Dulce de Leche, Sandalwood, Musk

Any suggestions?? Sorry if someone already asked about this, I searched as best I could and couldn't find it in the thread.

I have been pleasantly surprised to find a perfume scent at Bath and Body Works that I adore. It's Hello Beautiful which has notes of:

• Top Notes: Sun-drenched Pomelo, Fuzzy White Nectarine, Italian Mandarin
  • Mid Notes: Night-blooming Jasmine, White Gardenia, Pink Peonies
  • Dry Notes: White Amber, Driftwood, Cotton Musk

Usually, BBW is too sweet or fruity for me, but this is a lovely balance of fruit and white/pink florals with this linen quality to it. It's crisp and fresh with pretty pink/white florals. Any recommendations for BPAL perfume oils would be soooo appreciated. :)

Totally necro-ing this thread but I've been on the look out for Black Chamomile.

ME TOO! I have yet to find anything that smells even close to Black Chamomile. It's so wonderful.

On MUA someone said Henri Bendel's Wild Fig is a wash for it. It's true. It's very similar but not an exact copy. It's a discontinued scent but they brought it back for the holidays. I got the trio rollerball set last month so I can confirm it's the same BC smell. The HB SA said they sometimes bring it back for the holidays but not a guarantee. As for BPAl substitute, I have no idea. I'm a month old newbie.

Just giving people a heads up if ya didn’t already know :hugs:

They have re-released Black Chamomile for a limited time. It's just in lotion form (in the black bottle) no scrubs, oil or soak etc. The girl I spoke with said she didn’t know how long they would have it.

To my nose it smells the same as it used to. Love that stuff so much. I've got 3 bottles hoarded away now.

I've wished for ages for a bpal dupe of Vanilla Bean Noel. Any suggestions?

I love VBN (have it in my shower right now!) and I haven't found an exact dupe yet; it's one of the few body sprays I still use.

BBW describes the notes as:

Top Notes: Natural Vanilla, Sweet Buttery Cream

Mid Notes: Caramel, Hint of Chocolate

Dry Notes: Soft Musk, Sugar Cookie

Stekkjarstaur (for the creamy vanilla) and Sugar Cookie 2008 (for, well, the sugar cookie) have been the closest BPALs I've tried so far.

Edited by sunlitgarden

I've wished for ages for a bpal dupe of Vanilla Bean Noel. Any suggestions?

French Vanilla SN! it's not as complex as Vanilla Bean Noel, but it's the same kind of custardy, almost creme-brulee-like vanilla scent.

I am suddenly enamored with the foaming hand soap Frosted Coconut Snowball. I'm sort of shocked by the notes it has on the site because I smell coconut in it but it's not listed?

Notes on website: The perfect wintry treat of vanilla spun sugar, snowy jasmine & winter white amber.

I smell zero jasmine in it, but it is just handsoap.

Anything like that?

(I have elegba and love it but hoping for something a little creamier and brighter)

I am suddenly enamored with the foaming hand soap Frosted Coconut Snowball. I'm sort of shocked by the notes it has on the site because I smell coconut in it but it's not listed?

Notes on website: The perfect wintry treat of vanilla spun sugar, snowy jasmine & winter white amber.

I smell zero jasmine in it, but it is just handsoap.

Anything like that?

(I have elegba and love it but hoping for something a little creamier and brighter)

I have that soap in my bathroom right now! I also smell coconut and no jasmine at all.

Honestly, I know it's a beast and a half to track down, but Ivory Vulva has that coconut/amber thing going on. Both IV and the hand soap smell like sweet, slightly perfumey coconut to me.

My other thought was Obatala, which is a more watery/less foody coconut, but maybe if you layered it with a simple vanilla scent -- French Vanilla SN, or even anything with a vanilla cake note. Obatala is really nice on its own though if you like coconut. I wouldn't say it quite matches the hand soap, but it's coconutty and good.

B&BW Black Tea Rose, ya'll! Have you smelled it? It's earthy, slightly sweet, with a hint of dry rose. It's so lovely!

Bumping up this thread from ages ago because I want to get my mom something that smells like B&BW Orange Energy. Or an orange spice type thing. ?? I got her Burning Book but Im not sure she'll like it. D: halp?

Bumping up this thread from ages ago because I want to get my mom something that smells like B&BW Orange Energy. Or an orange spice type thing. ?? I got her Burning Book but Im not sure she'll like it. D: halp?

I don't know the B&BW scent, but Al-Shairan is orange spice: clove, peach and orange with cinnamon, patchouli and dark incense. Santa Eularia des Riu is more orange/herbs: Citrus, jasmine, Mediterranean herbs, lavender, orange blossom. Tweedledee is fun: Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom. Would she like Covfefe? orange marshmallow cream, bitter lemon, black pepper, orange carnation, and gin.

You're a Seattle area person, right? Did you see this? http://www.bpal.org/topic/92276-seattle-fallish-2017/ I'm hoping to go if I can and I'd love to meet you!

I don't know the B&BW scent, but Al-Shairan is orange spice: clove, peach and orange with cinnamon, patchouli and dark incense. Santa Eularia des Riu is more orange/herbs: Citrus, jasmine, Mediterranean herbs, lavender, orange blossom. Tweedledee is fun: Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom. Would she like Covfefe? orange marshmallow cream, bitter lemon, black pepper, orange carnation, and gin.

You're a Seattle area person, right? Did you see this? http://www.bpal.org/topic/92276-seattle-fallish-2017/ I'm hoping to go if I can and I'd love to meet you!

Thanks for the recs. She wouldn't like patchouli - anything kinda incense/hippie ish gives her a headache - too much of it in the 70s she claims. Santa Eularia and Tweedledee sound more up her alley. Not sure of Covfefe, since I don't think she likes boozy scented things. I'd have to sniff it myself lol.

And yep! I'm in the FB group chat so. I should be there. Looking forward to it too :) Maybe another time we can have it at my lil house and y'all can meet my puppers.

I love puppers! All the puppers!

I find Covfefe kind of sharp -- I like the bourbon or rum scents better than gin. And Santa Eularia went into cleanser territory on my skin. So if were for me, Tweedledee would be the one, but everyone is different.