Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sihaya09

I want a BPAL that smells like Bath & Body Works...

Kind of an old bump but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a BPAL similar to "Blushing Cherry Blossom" by B&BW. Looks like B&BW discontinued it, it was a scent I got a lot of compliments on when I'd wear it.

Maybe check out:

Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree (The Salon) - "Cherry blossom, blue lilac, lavender monofloral honey, white sandalwood, and Asian pear." Clean cherry blossom sweetened by lilac and with a fruitiness from the pear. This is one of my favorite scents and it's really well blended, and I think it has a similar feel to Blushing Cherry Blossom, depending on your skin chemistry.

The Rose (Marchen) - "The promise of a rose: red rose petals, fresh sap, and the sharp green scent of stem and leaf." If Blushing Cherry Blossom had more of a sweet rose & clean linen smell to it on your skin, I find The Rose to be a sweet, fresh & clean rosey scent.

Dirty (Sin & Salvation) - "A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy." If Blushing Cherry Blossom was more of a clean linen scent for you.

Okay, so my current favorite fragrance of all-time (on myself) is Moonlight Path from Bath and Body Works (I'm waiting on my first BPAL order to arrive, so the top spot may change once I start trying different things). For those unfamiliar, he's a summary of the scent:

Fragrance Top Notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Mandarin, Coriander

Fragrance Mid Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Violet, Tuberose, Ylang, Lily of the Valley

Fragrance Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Amber, Musk

I absolutely adore how this scent blends with my body chemistry, and would love any recommendations of BPAL scents I should focus on for my first few orders. I'd love to never have to step foot in that store again, because I just get a headache from the overwhelming clash of too many smells all at once. :rant:

As a general note, I love lavender, bergamot, coriander, and musks normally. I tend to avoid super-sweet smells, as they make me slightly nauseous and tend to cause headaches. Thanks for the help!! :heart:

~Becky

welcome! i don't have many recs but i did want to agree that moonlight path is delish. it's one of very few non-oil perfumes i have kept around. if you can find "the gladdener of all hearts," the two have some notes in common and harmonize nicely...

Keep an eye out for Victoriana Goth (English rose, lilac, frankincense, violet leaf, French lavender, and wisteria). My bottle smells like a "better" Moonlight Path! :)

No one has asked, but since I stumbled upon this thread I thought I would mention that Eat Me is the grown-up, super-heroine, world-saving, cake-baking older sister of Bath & Body Works' "Dark Kiss". So much that I amused myself with a $3 bargain spray of Dark Kiss while waiting to order or swap for Eat Me.

(I haz Eat Me now though... *eats cake, saves world!*)

I have to confess though, that I too am curious what a BPAL counterpart to "Irresistable Apple" would be. And sort of "Butterfly Flowers" too.

Butterly Flowers:

Top Notes: Black Tea, Mouthwatering Tangerine, Cyclamen, Banana Leaf

Mid Notes: Maxillaria Tenufolia Orchid, Asian Syringa Flower, French Mimosa

Base Notes: Creamy Coconut Milk, Musk

I know I've seen "cyclamen" in a few Lab descriptions lately. But I don't see a lot of mimosa from the Lab, sadly! Real mimosa is such a heavenly smell!

Edited by fabgab

No one has asked, but since I stumbled upon this thread I thought I would mention that Eat Me is the grown-up, super-heroine, world-saving, cake-baking older sister of Bath & Body Works' "Dark Kiss". So much that I amused myself with a $3 bargain spray of Dark Kiss while waiting to order or swap for Eat Me.

(I haz Eat Me now though... *eats cake, saves world!*)

WOW, thank you! I am smitten with Dark Kiss, an amber-based scent that doesn't baby powder on me! Eat Me sounds great enough but I'm wary of some of the foody scents since I'm not sure how it will work for me. Now I HAVE to try this, no questions!

Would anyone happen to be able to name off some BPAL scents similar to Sandalwood Vanilla? I loved how perfectly creamy and smooth it smelled.

I just tried Velvet out, and while I do love the chocolate, I'm only seeming to get lots of myrrh and a kind of craft-store smell =\.

Okay, so my current favorite fragrance of all-time (on myself) is Moonlight Path from Bath and Body Works

On me, Moonlight Path is very white-musk-y. I have found BPAL's The Girl very similar to Moonlight Path. The Girl isn't easy to find, though.

Would anyone happen to be able to name off some BPAL scents similar to Sandalwood Vanilla? I loved how perfectly creamy and smooth it smelled.

Have you tried Morocco or Tushnamatay?

Okay, so my current favorite fragrance of all-time (on myself) is Moonlight Path from Bath and Body Works

On me, Moonlight Path is very white-musk-y. I have found BPAL's The Girl very similar to Moonlight Path. The Girl isn't easy to find, though.

Have you tried Morocco or Tushnamatay?

Nope, I have not yet! I was torn between Morocco and Velvet so I chose Velvet instead. Morocco will be on my next order for sure now, thanks!

Unsolicited musings:

To me, TKO v3 is identical to Bath and Body Works' aromatherapy scent Lavender and Vanilla. So if you've been lusting after TKO in spray/candle/bath foam/doodads/what have you from the Trading Post, this might be able to hold you over in the meantime. The candle scent, in particular, is divine.

And I just realized why Embalming Fluid is my one true GC love: It's very reminiscent of a scent that Bath and Body Works had when I was in high school called White Tea and Ginger. I used to spray it on my hairbrush, then comb it through my hair. Embalming Fluid, with its green tea and lemon, is extremely similar to this.

Just my two cents. :umm:

I absolutely ADORE my B&BW Pink Chiffon lotion and other products- does anyone know of a BPAL that smells similar?? Thanks fellow good smelling folks! :wub2:

PINK PHOENIX and agape have a pink sweet creamy fruity floral feel to me like pink chiffon. Maybe pink moon. your mileage may vary.

Edited by BuxomM

I just realized why Embalming Fluid is my one true GC love: It's very reminiscent of a scent that Bath and Body Works had when I was in high school called White Tea and Ginger. I used to spray it on my hairbrush, then comb it through my hair. Embalming Fluid, with its green tea and lemon, is extremely similar to this.

Ha! My mom has declared every perfume oil I've held out for her "powdery." Embalming Fluid is the only one she's approved of. No wonder: White Tea and Ginger is her favorite B&BW. They still sell it, by the way.

New request: my favorite B&BW ever is the delicious and discontinued (and now priced higher than a bottle of BPAL) Sunset Mango from the awesome Temptations collection. Mango seems to be a pretty rare note here, but is there anything from BPAL that is very mango-y?

In my opinion- nuit is a dead ringer for moonlight path.

But- I've fallen in love with bath and body works "twilight woods" and would love to find its BPAL equivalent if anyone has any suggestions. It's sort of a creamy vanillic apricot with frangipani and soft woods.

I would love to find BPAL to do BBW's Black Raspberry & Vanilla.

I've tried Akuma, and there us another GC that starts with an A I can't think of right now... neither of them are any good on me.

The only raspberry scent I have and love is Red Lace.

But it's heavy with the frank and the tobacco, so it isn't much like BR&V.

Ideas?

Can anyone recommend a scent that smells like Charmed Life?

TOP NOTES

Juicy Guava, Crisp Apple, Sparkling Pear, Succulent Red Berries

MID NOTES

Peony Petals, Soft Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Coconut Milk

DRY NOTES

Apricot Skin, Creamy Vanilla, Praline, Sandalwood, Addictive Musk

Hey everybody, I did search for this topic and didn't find what I was looking for. I hope I didn't just miss it somehow.

Bath & Body Works sold a lotion I loved for Halloween last year called Sinful Vanilla that I can't find this year. What I really want is a BPAL oil that smells like it, or close. Sinful Vanilla's listed notes are vanilla bean, whipped marshmallow, and vanilla cream, but I think I also smell a spicy musk in there. It reminds me of Calvin Klein's Obsession, which was my favourite mainstream perfume back when I could still wear it. Snake Oil is kind of close, but not quite. I'd like it if I could find a BPAL oil with a similar smell, and if it has the same good throw and long wear too, that would be excellent. :)

I love that lotion too and used some today! Maybe try layering snake oil and detestable putrescence (sp)?

I'm thinking another one to try might be Morocco + Detestable Putrescence for that icecreamy-vanilla with soft warm spice?

Another option for layering would be BOO (any year) - to me, that's a more 'rich' vanilla.. like a vanilla extract kind of richness- but layered with something warm/spicy it could give you interesting results. :smile:

I just realized why Embalming Fluid is my one true GC love: It's very reminiscent of a scent that Bath and Body Works had when I was in high school called White Tea and Ginger. I used to spray it on my hairbrush, then comb it through my hair. Embalming Fluid, with its green tea and lemon, is extremely similar to this.

Ha! My mom has declared every perfume oil I've held out for her "powdery." Embalming Fluid is the only one she's approved of. No wonder: White Tea and Ginger is her favorite B&BW. They still sell it, by the way.

New request: my favorite B&BW ever is the delicious and discontinued (and now priced higher than a bottle of BPAL) Sunset Mango from the awesome Temptations collection. Mango seems to be a pretty rare note here, but is there anything from BPAL that is very mango-y?

I wonder if Ushi is hard to get ahold of? I went halfsies on a bottle with my bestie and she ended up loving it so I felt bad taking my half and let her keep it. It was VERY mango but in a grown up, sexy perfumey way.

Red musk, crushed tomatoes, mango, and fig.

Also, if anyone could help me find something similar to White Cherry Blossom, I'd be very grateful.

Top notes are plum, green notes, freesia, sicilian bergamot, apple and lemon; middle notes are litchi, tuberose, cherry blossom and water lily; base notes are sandalwood, melon, brazilian rosewood and musk.

Thank youuu.

Also, if anyone could help me find something similar to White Cherry Blossom, I'd be very grateful.

Top notes are plum, green notes, freesia, sicilian bergamot, apple and lemon; middle notes are litchi, tuberose, cherry blossom and water lily; base notes are sandalwood, melon, brazilian rosewood and musk.

Thank youuu.

ugggghhhh. i love that so much! there's precious little lychee in bpal. Thouros is a nice juicy rose/lychee. i think to achieve anything close to WCB you'll have to figure out some kind of layering scheme. to me, i mostly smell the tuberose and lychee in WCB.

if anyone has a better answer please speak up :D

I just tried Velvet out, and while I do love the chocolate, I'm only seeming to get lots of myrrh and a kind of craft-store smell =\.

I just popped in here to ask this very question!! I have the Sandalwood Vanilla wallflower in my bedroom, and have been thinking "I wanna wear a bpal that smells like this!"

No, Morocco is not it. I looooove Morocco, but it too sweet to dupe the Sandalwood Vanilla.