Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sihaya09

I want a BPAL that smells like Bath & Body Works...

There are so many other great blends with lavender... what does Lavender Flowers smell like? If you know any of the notes in it we could narrow it down a bit.

Lavender, maybe lilac and violet,possibly a hint of another floral I could never place unfortunately.

There are so many other great blends with lavender... what does Lavender Flowers smell like? If you know any of the notes in it we could narrow it down a bit.

Lavender, maybe lilac and violet,possibly a hint of another floral I could never place unfortunately.

I found a candle scent site which has a lot of B&BW type scents and they had a lavender blend with these notes - "Lavender flowers enhanced by lilac, rose & jasmine with a spicy woody undertone." Does that sound like it could be the same?

Sound close but I don't think the other note was woody. More a light sweet herbal scent.

Edit: It had wisteria in it.

Edited by GrunmpyPooka

White Moon comes to mind, but it might be tricky to find, it was a an old lunacy from back in '06. You might be able to find some in swaps though.

For GC's I would try Veil (White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang) or Violet Ray (White mint, purple musk, violet, lilac, ylang ylang, lavender moss, and sandalwood). These two come the closest, I think.

Some others might include Oneiroi, Come To Me, Cordelia, Ode On Melancholy, Les Fleurs Du Mal, Bluebeard, and Nocturne. Maybe Farewell To False Love too. Some of these don't actually have lavender, but have that dry, soft lavender feel to them and include other flowers you mentioned. My favorite of the last bunch are Nocturne (kind of has that bright, sweet B&BWorks feel), Ode On Melancholy (just lovely) and Les Fleurs Du Mal (goes on harsh, but fades down into a flowery beauty).

Good Luck!

Hi!

My boyfriend announced last night that whatever I was wearing was the first perfume that I've worn for a long time that he actually likes on me. All I was wearing was Bath and Body Works Winter (a limited holiday scent only available in soap, lotion, and home scents) hand soap. The notes are described as pine,bay leaf, cinnamon and warm woods (i'm guessing resins of some sort but i'm horrible with notes so I could be completely off base here).

It smells straight up spicy and warm in the jar but on me it smells a lot sweeter- almost citrusy and it reminds me of mulling spice. Someone suggested snow moon and fearful pleasure.

I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? I'd like to get something that I can get on a more frequent basis than the BBW stuff, and frankly I'd just prefer BPAL!

Snow Moon is really really icy snowy pine. Nothing warm or mully about it.

For woodsy / spicy scents, there are loads in the CG that would fit. Is it the pine you want more or, or the spice?

Some initial thoughts -

Loup Garou

Jabberwocky (love this, big BIG pine, citrus to makes it cheery)

Hamadryad

Block Buster - I'm wearing some aged BB right now, and it's a very gentle mulled scent, close to skin, makes me very positive.

Bengal

i prefer the spice, but as i can wear pine as long as it's not too strong or i smell like i've rolled in pitch. i've heard good things about jabberwocky. thanks!

None of these are exact note matches, but a few are close.

Aelopile - (Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud.) No pine, but a complex resiny-woodsy-citrus. There something a little alpha-male about it, but it's beautiful, warm and glowy.

Titus Andronicus (dark musk and black amber with frankincense, red sandalwood, neroli and bergamot) - This wasn't super-great on me personally but has some similar notes.

Plunder (tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg.) An absolutely gorgeous straight-up spice scent. ETA - great for layering!

And the suggestion that's mostly just me plugging a favorite:

Strangler Fig (Rooty, woody, with deep green tones.) - I find it woodsy, warm and sweet. Not a note match, but maybe a similar feeling to what you're looking for.

Also, you might get some ideas from the Pirate Scent thread or the Woods thread. Good luck and have fun!

Edited by VitaminA

Your notes list made me immediately think of Pais de la Canela.

As far as your description of how it is on you... Mulling spices with citrus... Hm, sounds good! I would love to find something like that. Maybe Clemence?

If you're looking for mulling spices, that makes me think of Lamb's Wool or Fearful Pleasure- which are actually Halloween scents, but they have cider. Unfortunately, they're LE, but you might be able to find them on the forum sales.

I second looking into Tintingel.

just out of curiosity, how strong is the milk in lambs wool? milk/cream tends to make me smell like i just dumped a steamer on myself...

Edited by starfish327

This sounds similar to Shub-Niggurath, A blend of ritual herbs and dark resins, shot through with three gingers and aphrodisiacal spices. There's something lemony in here that I can't quite identify but it's definitely in the realm of a dark, spicy citrus sort of scent.

You could also try Chimera The fiery, volatile scent of cinnamon, thickened by myrrh, honeysuckle, and copal.

If you want a scent that balances resins and pine pitch I highly recommend The Illustrated Woman Skin musk, smoky vanilla, pine pitch, patchouli, Indian resins, golden honey, and tobacco. It is drop dead sexy and one of my absolute favourite scents ever.

And a final selection in the warm but pine-y division is Black Forest Thick, viscous pine with ambergris, black musk, juniper and cypress. The ambergris and black musk really warm this up and make it just bloom on the skin.

To me, the milk in Lamb's Wool was hard to detect underneath the cider, orange and spice scents. (I know the description doesn't list oranges, but it smelled like it had them to me.)

This sounds similar to Shub-Niggurath, A blend of ritual herbs and dark resins, shot through with three gingers and aphrodisiacal spices. There's something lemony in here that I can't quite identify but it's definitely in the realm of a dark, spicy citrus sort of scent.

You could also try Chimera The fiery, volatile scent of cinnamon, thickened by myrrh, honeysuckle, and copal.

If you want a scent that balances resins and pine pitch I highly recommend The Illustrated Woman Skin musk, smoky vanilla, pine pitch, patchouli, Indian resins, golden honey, and tobacco. It is drop dead sexy and one of my absolute favourite scents ever.

And a final selection in the warm but pine-y division is Black Forest Thick, viscous pine with ambergris, black musk, juniper and cypress. The ambergris and black musk really warm this up and make it just bloom on the skin.

i just test the chimera, and it was lovely! thanks so much for the rec!

Ooooohh, you guys, Twilight Woods dried down smelling EXACTLY like the musk in Morocco on me. I was wondering where I was smelling Morocco -- did I have some on my hoodie cuffs, had I dropped an imp in the car, what?

I want to test the lotion, too, and see if it dries down the same because if it does it will be mine.

what do you think would match best with Vanilla Noir?

official notes: black plum, dark berries, bergamot, gardenia, carnation, vanilla orchid, tuberose, vanilla, whipped toffee, cinnamon, cashmeran, sandalwood and musk

listed on the lotion: Madagascar vanilla, dark vanilla bean, black plum, bergamot and warm musk

I know Sensual Amber has come up before and Jacob's Ladder was recommended. Jacob's Ladder is amber on me, but BBW has a sweetness to it whereas Jacob's Ladder is more dry.

Suggestions on something Amber but with a layer of sweetness?

Khajuraho was suggested but it has both honey and rose (which don't work for me).

official notes: black plum, dark berries, bergamot, gardenia, carnation, vanilla orchid, tuberose, vanilla, whipped toffee, cinnamon, cashmeran, sandalwood and musk

listed on the lotion: Madagascar vanilla, dark vanilla bean, black plum, bergamot and warm musk

This is a good one! I too would like to know, as this is probably my fave B&BW regular line. :) I just wish that they offered more products in it.

Maybe layering Lady Una with one of the more resin-and-vanilla scents? Or perhaps O or Snake Oil?

This is a good one! I too would like to know, as this is probably my fave B&BW regular line. :) I just wish that they offered more products in it.

Maybe layering Lady Una with one of the more resin-and-vanilla scents? Or perhaps O or Snake Oil?

Hymn to Proserpine is vaguely similar to my nose, maybe a little "brighter" than Vanilla Noir. I'd say Hymn to Proserpine is in between smelling like BBW Twilight Woods and Vanilla Noir, with less musk.

I did a search on "amethyst," since Black Amethyst is one of my favorite B&BW scents. (No surprise, it has sandalwood and vetiver), and I was hoping for recs myself.

Anyone have a suggestion for someone who likes Black Amethyst? I don't want a smell alike necessarily but something that I might like given that I like Black Amethyst?

Alas, no responses, so I took it upon myself to search the database based on this description, from the B&BW site:

* Fragrance Top Notes: Bergamot Italian Oprur, Juicy Mandarin, Sparkling Tangerine, Zesty Orange, Waterfruits, Crisp Melon

* Fragrance Mid Notes: Lily of the Valley, Magnolia Blossom, Sheer Gardenia, Tuberose, Freesia, Peony Petals, Camellia

* Fragrance Base Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla, Musk

Given this, I came up with these suggestions:

The Caterpillar: Heavy incense notes waft lazily through a mix of carnation, jasmine, bergamot, and neroli over a lush bed of dark mosses, iris blossom, deep patchouli and indolent vetiver.

Zephyr: A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

Faiza, the Black Mamba: A sensual blend of twisting, exotic, serpentine oils: black amber, caraway, oakmoss, green sandalwood, bergamot, jasmine sambac, gardenia, orange pulp, vanilla, blackberry, black musk, white honey, ti leaf, and ginger.

Marguerite: Rose, rose geranium, myrrh, ylang ylang, French gardenia, tuberose, red sandalwood, and palmarosa.

Judith Victorious: Chestnut blossom, lily of the valley, King mandarin, French magnolia, and golden musk.

Marcilla: Blue lilac, lily of the valley, golden musk, beeswax, white ginger, bergamot, green tea, and nectarine.

Pepper: Wild English roses, French gardenia, vanilla, honey, golden ginger, blood orange, pine resin, pink pepper, crushed berries, tuberose, bergamot, and geranium.

Kind of an old bump but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a BPAL similar to "Blushing Cherry Blossom" by B&BW. Looks like B&BW discontinued it, it was a scent I got a lot of compliments on when I'd wear it.

Fragrance Top notes: Mandarin, Leafy Green Accord, Sparkling Quince, Lush Berries, Fresh Melon

Mid notes: Rose Damascena, Super Hedione (Captive), White Jasmin (Captive), Rose Juliette Greco

Base notes: Musk (Captive), Violet, Soft Amber, Creamy Sandalwood.