Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sihaya09

I want a BPAL that smells like Bath & Body Works...

I found a great similarity between B&BW Breathe Happiness/Citrus Watermint and Megaera if anyone else ever wanted to find a BPAL that smells like it.

Edited by DARKBEAUTY28

I've never really been into Bath & Body Works scents too much, but I recently went in after realizing I didn't have any general body lotion, and I picked up a bottle of Rice Flower and Shea, which I proceeded to fall in love with. I just went to the website and found that they *do* have a body spray of it (which I didn't realize, because I've only ever seen lotion and shower gel, and a saleslady told me that's all they have), but I'd love to find similarly scented BPAL as well. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here are the notes listed on the website:

Fragrance Top Notes: Fresh Cut Ginger Root, Anise Leaves, Spring Water

Fragrance Mid Notes: Rice Flower Dew, Coconut Milk

Fragrance Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood

So can anyone who has tested the Yules tell me if Gelt is anything like B&BW Chocolate Amber?

I've always felt that Rosalind is very similar to the long-long-long discontinued scent Refreshing Garden Mint (which smelled nothing like mint, but hey, it was watery and green).

Any recs for something similar to Warm Vanilla Sugar?

Antique Lace seems similar to me, although there's something in it that's a bit cooler and cleaner than Warm Vanilla Sugar.

Edit: I just tried Love's Philosophy (an LE), and it's more similar. Vanilla, saffron, and cream. Very warm and simple.

Edited by WinterLeigh

Any recommendations for a scent similar to The Perfect Autumn Pumpkin home fragrance? I am unfamiliar with BPAL pumpkin fragrances, other than Pumpkin 1 from 2006, which smells like apple cider. The home fragrance is more of a spiced pumpkin scent.

Christmasy shopping for hard family members---

Mango Mandarin

* Top Notes

* Clementine and Mandarin Leaves, Nectarine.

Middle Notes

* Mango Zinger, Creamy Magnolia, Blood Orange

Base Notes

* Musk, Cotton Candy.

And again, echoing the Japanese Cherry Blossom

* Top Notes

* Asian Pear, Fuji Apple

Middle Notes

* Japanese Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Lily, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals, Hedione

Base Notes

* Vanilla Rice, Imperial Amber, Silk Musk, Cinnamon Incense, Himalayan Cedarwood, Creamy Sandalwood.

I've never really been into Bath & Body Works scents too much, but I recently went in after realizing I didn't have any general body lotion, and I picked up a bottle of Rice Flower and Shea, which I proceeded to fall in love with. I just went to the website and found that they *do* have a body spray of it (which I didn't realize, because I've only ever seen lotion and shower gel, and a saleslady told me that's all they have), but I'd love to find similarly scented BPAL as well. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here are the notes listed on the website:

I have adored RF&S for years and have an obscene amount stocked up, and I've noticed that on me Dana O'Shee smells a lot like it, although a wee bit sweeter. They do have a body spray available for it, as well as lotion, body cream and shower gel, although catching them all in stock on the website is tough sometimes.

I've never really been into Bath & Body Works scents too much, but I recently went in after realizing I didn't have any general body lotion, and I picked up a bottle of Rice Flower and Shea, which I proceeded to fall in love with. I just went to the website and found that they *do* have a body spray of it (which I didn't realize, because I've only ever seen lotion and shower gel, and a saleslady told me that's all they have), but I'd love to find similarly scented BPAL as well. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here are the notes listed on the website:Fragrance Top Notes: Fresh Cut Ginger Root, Anise Leaves, Spring WaterFragrance Mid Notes: Rice Flower Dew, Coconut MilkFragrance Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood
I have adored RF&S for years and have an obscene amount stocked up, and I've noticed that on me Dana O'Shee smells a lot like it, although a wee bit sweeter. They do have a body spray available for it, as well as lotion, body cream and shower gel, although catching them all in stock on the website is tough sometimes.
On me "O" smells a lot like Rice Flower and Shea..just more intense.

Does anyone know of a BPAL scent that's similar to the BBW "Moonlight Path"? Here's what their site says about the notes...• Fragrance Top Notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Mandarin, Coriander• Fragrance Mid Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Violet, Tuberose, Ylang, Lily of the Valley• Fragrance Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Amber, Musk
I kinda think The Raven smells like it...after it dries down some. Edited by Jess2316

Any more suggestions for something similar to Brown Sugar & Fig? Eden doesn't cut it for me. I'm looking for a sweet woodsy fig. It's that woodsy note that makes Brown Sugar & Fig so good on me, though, so it can't be 100% sweetness.

Did anyone say...Hetairae? It's really my answer for everything these days. :blush:

Anyone have a suggestion for someone who likes Black Amethyst? I don't want a smell alike necessarily but something that I might like given that I like Black Amethyst?

So can anyone who has tested the Yules tell me if Gelt is anything like B&BW Chocolate Amber?

It's not like chocolate amber at all. Gelt is more dry and less perfumy. Chocolate Amber smells like this perfume called Venezia I used to wear in high school. Gelt kinda goes cardboard on me

I saw some of the suggestions made for Rice Flower and Shea that have been posted in this thread, but I came to mention that I found a near-perfect match in Tissue! I guess it probably won't smell the same on everyone, but on me, it smelled just like Rice Flower and Shea, I was so excited when I tested it!

It's not like chocolate amber at all. Gelt is more dry and less perfumy.

On me, it's very similar, though less sweet. I like Gelt a lot more, but I still love my Chocolate Amber lotion.

I saw some of the suggestions made for Rice Flower and Shea that have been posted in this thread, but I came to mention that I found a near-perfect match in Tissue! I guess it probably won't smell the same on everyone, but on me, it smelled just like Rice Flower and Shea, I was so excited when I tested it!

I haven't gotten my decant of Tissue yet, so I can't comment on that one, but Lovers in a Ricefield smelled very similar to Rice Flower and Shea on me, especially when wet. I would definitely recommend checking out the Shungas!

Hey, I'm new to bpal, but have heard nothing but great things about it! I'm looking for two BBW scent look alikes - Velvet Tuberose and Enchanted Orchid. The BBW site lists these notes for them

Velvet Tuberose:

# Fragrance Top Notes: Modern Citrus, Dewy Magnolia, Juicy Apricot, Ylang Ylang, Green

# Fragrance Mid Notes: Tuberose Accord, White Freesia, Tender Cyclamen, Diamond Orchid, Heady Gardenia, Indian Jasmine, Succulent Fig

# Fragrance Base Notes: Addictive Ambers, Sensual Sandalwood, Exotic Spices, Cashmere Accord, Warm Musks

Enchanted Orchid:

# Fragrance Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit NP, Wet Greens, Waterlily, Crisp Apple

# Fragrance Mid Notes: Calypso Orchid, Fresh Gardenia, Delicate Iris, Violet Petals

# Fragrance Base Notes: Vanilla Orchid, Heliotrope, Creamy Amber, Skin Musk (captive)

Any suggestions would be helpful, even if it were two bpals that should be layered to achieve the effect. I'd appreciate suggestions that are currently in stock, though.

ETA: after using the search function for the various notes I was wondering if anyone thought these combinations were good ideas: for Velvet Tuberose Muse + Queen Mab, and for Enchanted Orchid Shadow Witch +Veil or Shattered?

Edited by BAJ

BBW ylang ylang myrrh....

I just bought a bottle of this at the sale, so if anyone else is interested: if you look at the ingredients on the back you will find that it has a lot of jasmine essential oil. I think jasmine is the dominant scent in this blend, moreso than either ylang or myrrh.

Unsurprisingly, it smells astonishingly like BPAL's Eos.

Any recommendations for similarities to Pearberry? For some strange reason I have fallen fast for this one.

# Fragrance Top Notes: Cantaloupe, Pineapple

# Fragrance Mid Notes: Pear, Lily of Valley

# Fragrance Base Note: Musk

Any recommendations for similarities to Pearberry? For some strange reason I have fallen fast for this one.

# Fragrance Top Notes: Cantaloupe, Pineapple

# Fragrance Mid Notes: Pear, Lily of Valley

# Fragrance Base Note: Musk

I just received a frimp of Dian's bud, and in the bottle it smelled rather like pear and pineapple to me.

Some one else may have brought it up already but, Something like the long discontinued B&BW Lavender Flowers. It was one of my favorites and one of the few scents my husband has ever actively liked.

Any suggestions?

On me, June Gloom smells a lot like BBW's Dancing Waters lotion - the same fresh water and flowers with a hint of citrus.

Some one else may have brought it up already but, Something like the long discontinued B&BW Lavender Flowers. It was one of my favorites and one of the few scents my husband has ever actively liked.

Any suggestions?

I've never actually smelled B&B Works Lavender Flowers, so I'm just going to give you a few floral scents that are heavy on the lavender:

-I recently tried Come To Me, and it smells very much like clean laundry, flowers and lavender.

- Twilight is very floral and includes lavender.

- Death on a Pale Horse is a little bit more earthy than a typical B&B Works scent, but has a few different flowers mixed in there.

- I haven't tried Anahata, but a lot of people get heavy lavender and flowers from it.

- Sophia is a mixture of flowers, lavender soft musk and spice.

- Bluebeard has lavender, violet, white musk and vetiver, which is a dealbreaker note for some.

- and finally Pontia, a LE, is very strongly lavender too.

There are so many other great blends with lavender... what does Lavender Flowers smell like? If you know any of the notes in it we could narrow it down a bit.