Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An immensely potent purification oil. Anoint your chakra points and palms with this oil, and anoint white figure candle, a personal fetish, or any other object representing you. Purges your soul of dark and morose thoughts, and vigorously cleanses away day-to-day irritation and misery. Helps relieve stress and anxiety, and clears your mind of ugliness and clutter.

White Light:
a very, very strong oil for physical, spiritual, psychic / mental and emotional purification.

This is my first time starting off a scent - so bear with me. I have an untrained nose and I'm only just beginning to use scents in a magical way. That said:

Seeing as this blend is very, very precious, I spent the first few days just inhaling deeply from the bottle. My first impressions were a clean, pure, slightly spiced herbal floral - but one that was not leaning towards one classification in particular.

After being unable to figure out any notes, I had my husband (a chef) smell. He immediately picked up citrus zest, eucalyptus, and perhaps sage. It's very well blended - to my nose the eucalyptus is barely detectable, but there is a familiar fresh tingly clearing of the sinuses when you breathe it is deeply. Very gentle.

Wearing it, there is a bright flare of the citrus that quickly becomes sweet and creamy. There's a waft of something spicy that reminds me of Love Me. I am also reminded of cardamom vanilla ice cream (which is one of the best things I ever tasted). My husband admiringly said it smelled like a cinnamon orange creamsicle.

As it dries, the buttery spiciness asserts itself more, and the blend turns very warm and comforting.

In terms of how I felt using it: it is very positive and balancing. I am prone to feeling extremes in emotion - I am easily excited. This made me feel harmonized, content, peaceful. It's truly an amazing oil.

I also cannot pick out any notes. :P

However, I will say that this is incredibly powerful in healing work. I have used it to fascilitate healing in some very serious illnesses and I have always been amazed. I plan to use it in my Reiki practice. Just wish I knew how to get more of it!

Anyway, I can't call it a floral scent, and it's not spicy. It's also not really herbal or vanilla or...well, you get it. It's almost along the lines of High John, but much lighter in scent (not scent longevity, if that makes sense). If pure white light had a scent, this would be it.

hmm this was very floral to me, possibly gardenia, when it was wet, as it dried it became a more herbal floral blend, it is defnitely a white scent, and very light and airy after drydown this is a beautiful voodoo blend

White Light is a very precious and powerful oil. I woke up this morning feeling like a bus ran over my head. I just couldn't get going, for sure didn't want to care for 30 patients. After my shower, I dabbed on some White Light and tooks several deep sniffs from the bottle. The change in my physical and emotional state was dramatic. I felt that I could face the world, made me feel like me again. Centering, grounding, calming yet uplifting, balancing...White Light isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

As far as the scent of the oil, White Light is a bright "herbs and spices" sort of scent without being foody. It's got that chewy and almost juicy feeling about it, touched lightly with sweetness. It's not sharp, soapy, heady. It's very round, the type of scent you can keep sniffing and sniffing. It's a hard scent to pin down, but I'd match it with Red Moon and wouldn't be surprised to find out that they had some similar components.

let me preface my review with the reason behind its purchase: i'd been considering it for awhile, because i was a grad student and in an LDR (still in a LDR, for now). stress? ha! when am i not stressed? anyways, so i had been considering it as a purchase. then, towards the end of the semester, i had this wonderful dream where i had a massage with a massage oil scented with white light -- where the massage lasted until all the stress had been worked out of my body and i was utterly boneless and completely covered in the massage oil (which quickly sank in my skin, leaving me smooth and scented). (and then, because i'm sex deprived, i then had slow hot sex with the guy, but i digress...)

anyways, after smelling the massage oil in my dream and having a dream featuring it, i *had* to get it. no choice, really. can the message get any clearer? i think not!

in the bottle, this was a spicy creamy scent, but not "in your face" spicy like, oh, uranus or three witches. soothingly spicy, which sounds like it's an oxymoron but trust me, it's not. EXACTLY how the massage oil in my dream smelled.

on my skin, when it dries, it smells like the part of his shoulder my head ends up when we're spooning and about to go to sleep. light, airy. quieting in a non-sleepy way, kinda like that driving zone is good for quieting your head. and i'm definitely not as irritated about this thing or that as i normally would be... finding those things amusing instead.

there aren't many scents that i wear and go immediately to *adore* but this is definitely one of them.

eta: oddly, that night, i woke up around 3am with some wierd reflux thing and could taste the bile. but i've felt great since, despite being otr!

White Light smells almost empty to me - more about what's not there than what is there. I haven't smelled Yog-Sothoth yet, but from the reviews, it seems somewhat the same in terms of scent (or lack thereof). I use tiny dabs in easily sniffable places when I'm feeling overwhelmed and need to focus on what's important instead of all of the little pointless stuff.

AR was out when I went there, but I'm going again in a few weeks, and hopefully this time I'll get lucky. Until then, I'll treasure my half-imp.

I cant pick out particualr notes but very CLEAN and foral smelling. Truly lovely I am so lucky to have an imp of this. This is a keeper for sure. Although it does not smell like the sominus series to me, I get the same "magickal" vibes from it.

:P

I need a bottle of White Light.

I put this on for the first time on a stressful day - I had to take my son to the doctor - and I almost immediately felt centered. That's the first word that popped into my head. It stopped me from being my normal neurotic self, and I was able to focus on what I actually needed to do. The second time I wore it was at work. Again, it just gave me that same feeling. It's not quite confidence, and it's not cheer, and it's not even really calm. It's just being aware of yourself and your place in your surroundings and what you can and need to do.

As far as the actual smell goes, it was all the good things about High John the Conqueror. It's herbal, light, clean and spicy all at once. I find it quite pleasant.

Bottle (Imp): Oooh, pure.

Just On: Pretty sweet whiteness.

An hour or two later: It's sweet.

Around 6 hours: This is fairly sweet, and I just get white when I smell it, if that makes sense.

12 hours: It's gone.

Overall: I like it. A lot.

After reading other reviews: Hmm. It seems others get the same feeling from this. It's just so pure, and I certainly couldn't pick out a single note, or any combo. This is pretty awesome.

In the bottle: I imagine very sweet white flowers. Very, Very slightly floral but very clean, sweet and a tiny bit of spice.

On wet: A warm scent with a slight spice (cinnamon), and slight floral. Its a clean warming scent that is very comforting and nice.

Dry Down: The scents mingle deeper together becoming a beautifully blended scent. Very light and clean.

Overall: I really like this scent it seems to bring me a little happiness and calming when I wear it. I think that it is a good centering oil and I have found it works very well when placed on the chakras or just the third eye.

I have been mixing this with Thalia for its "Good Cheer" to help me get through some stress and found they create a lovely mix that really seems to keep my mood up.

In the bottle, this smells like a clean, light herbal scent, but I can't distinguish any notes in particular.

On my skin, it morphs into a beautiful white floral - there's an airy feeling to it that's similar to what I get from The Unicorn and Blue Moon (it doesn't smell like either of those, but just has a similar quality, just kind of... soaring).

As it dries, I finally understand the references to spice in the other reviews. It's not there when I first sniff, but as I continue to inhale, I feel the tingly sensation of cinnamon way up in my sinuses, underneath the milky white floral notes.

Official verdict: I lurves me some White Light. :P

An ultimately light and airy scent in the bottle. Fresh and reminiscant of happy days gone by- particularly reminds me of running and playing in the back yard with my favorite dog when she was young.

This is my ultimate headache cure. This also takes away the aches and pains of every day life.

When I wear it the clean smell turns to a sweeter floral note. My boyfriend insists it's lilac. I definatly notice a calmer feeling when using this particular oil.

I annointed him last night, since he had some fierce shoulder pain. It really seemed to calm the hurt as well as soothing him from a long work Friday.

I truly love this scent. I've used it on my pillow to fall asleep lately when I've been upste/stressed/overtired reguarding life. I can't possibly express greater love for this oil. I can't wait to use it in a more detailed ritual/ceremony.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Uplifting!

In the imp/bottle: A light, airy scent, with a touch of something spicy (cinnamon, I believe?).

On skin, wet: Something herbal, but with that cinnamon-y undertone. The first thing I notice is how shockingly relaxing this blend is.

On skin, dry: Still herbal/floral/spicy (I'm having a difficult time picking out notes now). It vaguely reminds me of Love Me, but lighter, and with that herbal green-ness that I just can't place.

Conclusion: Not only is it an absolutely beautiful scent, I've yet to find any scent/oil/anything so relaxing or calming. Tarot: Strength is relaxing, but this is T:S x100. More than calming, it's... uplifting. I will definitely be grabbing a bottle (or five) of this if it's included when the TAL site goes live.

Edited by Aredhel

whitelight.jpg

Beautiful blend, really one of the prettiest I have tried. I can see that if you are in a foul mood White Light would really lift your spirits. I think I can smell excellent jasmine but the rest of the blend is so well co mingled that it is difficult to say exactly what I think is in here. Wispy and like the air, I think this one is great for Gemini's and our highly strung way of living. Made me feel more down to earth. Real Good Blend.

111281533.jpg

In the bottle

Hmm..so light, so different, almost like water with light melon.

On

Hmm...peach or melon and something almost invisible, un-catchable, un- pinneable, so thin and veiled and wafting like trying to catch a butterfly but yet a definitive energy.

30 minutes

Now there'a s wee bit more ozone scent in here but the soft water and melon is still there and lovely. Could be some floral like Jasmine or Honeysuckle in here but it's hard for me to tell in this blend.

Throw:

Very little

Scent category:

I have no idea...Aqueous/Ozone/vageuly Floral/Fruity

Summary

On my skin White Light smells almost as if one mixed "Amsterdam" with "Bella Donna Della Mia Mente" but not quite. It's not perfumey fruit and there are no green notes like Amsterdam but it does have the peach or melon and water quality just lighter and more...spiritual. There's a light melon like scent to it but it's very light in scent and it does indeed suggest and imply the protective White Light that we use to surround and protect us.

One could wear this light lovely scent anytime at all, even in a conservative board room full of old fuddy duddies.

Most of all--This WORKS. It is powerful and it does indeed banish all negative little buggies or residue that you've accumulted as well as forming a protective barrier of spirit. I had no idea until I pushed "submit" that its had changed my mental and even my phsyical mood entirely, without me even thinking about it (conciously anyway :P ). I dont know if I really needed this or if it's that powerful but I am getting chills (like we do when "they" are around). I also feel that there's a higher viration of Angelic presence having to do with this blend as well. Wow, what an honor to be able to wear this.

Purchase again?

Yes. a 10ml and keep buying it when I run out.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

Sweet florals and cinnamon ... absolutely unique!!

Upon drydown, the scents mingle and intertwine with such complexity it is hard

to distinguish what scents are truly coming through.

But I assure you this is a little bit of bottled heaven.

I was feeling a bit down in the mouth today and after I put a dab of this

lovely imp on my skin, I was immediately uplifted with a feeling of

serenity.

Ah, only you Beth...only you

:D :P

Stop reading the reviews people. Just go get some. NOW.

I first smelled White Light at Brumjorn's (that is close, right? She's Hedgielover on the Lush forum) the weekend of the Seattle Sniff-fest. Off all the scents I sniffed that weekend, it was THE ONE - the one I wanted more than all the rest.

Now, I have an imp (again, thanks to Evon). Scent-wise, it's amazing - citrus, with a bit of floral at first, then the spices come out (I think cinnamon and sage, but I'm not the best at notes), and it's just amazingly warm and comforting and just OH WOW!

And, IT WORKS! I have been a complete stress case lately both with home and work life. I put some on this morning, and I was not stressed at all today, and in the best mood I've been in, in a very long time.

It should come in gallons. Seriously, seriously amazing.

Thanks to Evon, I got an imp of this one, and it couldn't have come at a better time. :D Seriously, I agree with Barb, this should be sold by the bucket.

I'm horrible at detecting notes, but the minute I slathered some on, I felt this strange sense of calm, which I've needed greatly these past few weeks. It's a floral, but an unusual one to me, almost mixed with incense. I think I'm going to die when I run out. :P Heaven in a bottle ladies - GET SOME!

This is Jasmine - pure, evil, jasmine. Jasmine hates me - and after trying repeatedly with it the feeling is mutual. Ok - after the drydown I stopped having the urge to gnaw my arms off and got a gentle melon scent - very light. But then if I got my wrist anywhere near my nose.....Gagworthy. So sad.

This one is headed to my swap pile.

ETA: 6 months later....

So in honor of the TAL site going live I dug out the sniffie dregs I had of this and wow - what a difference 6 months makes! I don't know if the oil needed to mellow or if I did :P but this is beautiful. I put it on without remembering what exactly I had thought of it the first time, only the vague recollection that I didn't like it, and as soon as I put it on I felt good and peaceful and calm (no mean feat). I couldn't pick out any notes really, it just smelled "bright" and light. It had a vague floral scent but didn't has the evil jasmine ninja scent of death that I had reacted to in my above post. I really recommend this and am adding it to my "to buy" list

Edited by Tramp

White Light is a gentle floral scent with a hint of spice. This scent is soft and soothing. It doesn't last long but is very comforting while it remains.

Preconceived notions:

I've been hanging onto my White Light, waiting for the moment that feels right to try this. Today feels right, although I can't put my finger on why...I suppose because I'm irritated today and feel about ready to put my foot through the wall for various reasons. I just need a fresh mental start, I think, so I'm hoping White Light does as much for me as it's done for everyone else. :P

Scent impressions:

This strikes me as a very pure, clean floral, one I recognize but can't place. It does smell white to me and even though I don't normally care for floral scents (at all), this appeals to me. It somehow smells not cleansing but cleansed. I'm not sure what I was expecting from this...maybe citrus or some sort of aquatic, but somehow this still fits my mental image of what White Light should smell like.

Effectiveness:

White Light evoked an immediate reaction as soon as I finished applying it to my palms - out of nowhere I started crying. Not sad tears...the kind that seem to come when you're getting rid of emotional baggage. Purging would be a good word for it. At the risk of sounding like a twit, it's like all the irritation and frustration and anger I've been bottling up came out in those tears. It was almost a physical lightning, that's the only way I can think of explaining it.

The verdict:

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable. I really needed to let go of some things and White Light let me do it.

First sniff: So beautifully clean and pure.

Wearing: Here’s all I can say about the scent itself, because it really defies description. If Yog-Sothoth is the scent of air and darkness, White Light is the scent of air and brightness.

I dabbed this on as directed, chakras and palms, before doing yoga. The sequence I was using is designed to change poses quite often – no deep stretches, just a flow of postures, exhale cat, inhale cow, exhale down dog, inhale plank, etc. I ran through it quickly twice, but that just didn’t feel right and I found myself slowing down, holding each stretch for a couple of breaths.

At the end, I intended to stay in savasana (relaxation pose) for just a minute, as it’s late and I really need to get to bed, but I found myself just drifting deeper, floating somewhere outside myself. At one point I thought, “OK, we’re done, roll over and sit up” and my body decided “Yeah, not quite yet.” My fingers just wouldn’t twitch. And looking at it now, it seems like it probably should have freaked me out a little, but… no, I was meant to stay there a little longer.

It was really lovely and I need to do that much more often.

at first: sweet, light, and very pretty.

on: still sweet and light.

half an hour later: sweet and white. lovely. this is really calming and centering.

1.5 hours later: even softer and more floral. beautiful.

overall: this is definitely going on my wishlist. it's lovely.

In the vial: Soft and powdery.

Wet: Sweet and white, but not floral really.

Drydown: This really does feel like white light. There's something ozone-y about it, even though the powder scent remains. There's a hint of some spice underneath -- maybe sandalwood? But soft, soft, soft. Really lovely.

Dry: What a feeling of peace and serenity. I was in a really dark place before. Now at least I can hold my head up and even smile.

This scent is amazing. It's indescribable as far as specific notes... its the scent of something clean, bright, soft, comforting and uplifting.

It envokes the feeling of laying in a hammock, swaying gently with the cool, crisp spring breeze, a ray of sunshine warming your face. Perfect relaxation and contentment.

This is absolutely a stress-relieving scent. After a long hard 15hr day at work, a drop of this on my temples is like a massage for my senses.