Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An immensely potent purification oil. Anoint your chakra points and palms with this oil, and anoint white figure candle, a personal fetish, or any other object representing you. Purges your soul of dark and morose thoughts, and vigorously cleanses away day-to-day irritation and misery. Helps relieve stress and anxiety, and clears your mind of ugliness and clutter.

I used White Light recently to calm me down and bring me comfort at a time I was feeling very sad and anxious about something. I didn't do a full ritual but applied White Light to my palms and concentrated on my breathing (breathing in 'white light' and breathing out all the bad things). I also applied some onto a cuddly toy I took to bed with me. I definitely noticed the difference the next morning - I was feeling more calm, as if there was something protective wrapped around me. It wasn't instant happiness, but a sense of comfort. The scent stayed on the cuddly toy and on my duvet several days, too, so I got to enjoy the calming effect for several nights.

The scent itself is floral with a herbal undertone. I think there's some jasmine in this, perhaps sage, some other 'green' herbs, possibly a touch of ginger. After some time the scent morphs into something very perfumey and reminds me of Chanel Coco (which adds an interesting twist for me because someone who used to be a very important support to me some years ago wore Chanel Coco...). If this wasn't a ritual oil, I would love to wear it as a perfume.

I'm going to make sure I have a bottle of White Light always at hand for times when I need a bit of extra comfort and peace.

I haven't had much time to bond with this one yet, but I just had to review it while my initial excitement was fresh in my mind. White Light is every bit as amazing smelling and effective as everyone has been saying...Just smelling it out of the imp calmed me right down out of the funk I've been in all day. Of course, part of that is probably just because it smells AMAZING!

First there's the creamy white florals, which are...okay (not the world's biggest floral fan), but then there's this other spicy/creamy/floral note, I don't know what it is, carnation??? In addition to something in the background a touch aquatic in the vein of Water of Notre Dame. It also has a snuggly, "fuzzy" note (for lack of a better descriptive term) in common with Luna, that is *not* the ylang ylang. Then again, I also keep thinking there's something in this blend a bit mossy, like Crossroads and Jazz Funeral (it definitely has some gardenia, in any case!) Plus, vanilla :lol:

Hmmm....so basically, a creamy floral with everything but the kitchen sink, but blended to heavenly perfection! Overall the blend is clean and comforting, feminine, a touch spicy and creamy, a little herbal *and* has amazing therapeutic qualities! I'm gonna burn through this decant like nobody's business!!!! :heart:

So I've only tried it once, which isn't much of a test I know, yet I wanted to share, because I know others had an experience of a "feeling of passivity" or being "dislocated from the world and my self", and I have to say I felt the same way. Like it was really clearing my mind, and that was a not-good (somewhat scary to me) feeling. It was a bit unnerving, which has made me hesitant to try this out again before going to work, which is (ahem...) when I need the most TAL help. All this said, when there's a time it feels right to try it again (a feeling of panic in the evening or a weekend perhaps) then I definitely will, because I'm curious if that was just an odd fluke.

(And as an aside, I've found that Lionheart has provided exactly what I had been looking for in my personal situation, which is why I bought several TALs to try at once, so it *is* a happy ending.)

i've been having a stressful time lately, so i can't wait to try this in a more purposeful way. today i just tested it on my arm to see if it had any relaxing qualities, and i definitely think it does! at first i get a strong white floral note with spices in the background...i think it's lilac with cinnamon and some musk and other spices. strangely comforting, indeed. i can't wait to try this like the description suggests!

eta: today i tried this on my chakras and palms of my hand like the tal website says to do. i am having a very stressful time right now and i think it has helped me feel a bit better today. i feel a bit more able to handle the stress, at least for the moment.

Edited by theseagrows

I am loving this. I have been majorly stressed out...lots of changes in my life, some disturbing, others exciting but still mind cluttering. White Light has definitely helped calm my ass down. I think I will start wearing it to work. It smells light but not at all innocent or girly...just what I have been looking for. If I had to compare it to other BPAL I would say it smells something between Sacred Whore, Morocco, and Namaste. It is slightly herbal and astringent, which could be good frankincense, with a soft, clean white floral, and incensey spice. It sits close to the skin and gets nice and creamy without being too sweet. I feel like a temple. Om....

This past month has been full of challenges and misfortunes, including a sudden death and a hospitalization in the family, a deadline over which I was having panic attacks, and an unexpected move. Luckily for me, a generous BPALer from LJ sent me a partial bottle of White Light just before things took a turn for the ugly. I've been anointing my palms with it and inhaling deeply, which never fails to bolster my optimism, bring a smile to my face, and, generally, make everything seem more bearable. More recently, I've been anointing candles with it to burn during meditation. I not only made it though the month intact (touch wood) and met my deadline, but feel more spiritually rejuvenated and engaged than I have in years. White Light is really, really effective, and LJ fairies are awesome. :wub2:

Whoa. Based on just smell alone I think this is one of my very favorites, if not my favorite perfume.

It smells of white pepper (not hot), with very subtle white flowers (ginger lillies?) and pencil shavings. This isn't a bad thing at all.

Applying it, I feel instantly calmer and cleared of whatever torment I happened to be going through at the time. This is a surprisingly strong effect. There's a chrystaline calm, (which to some people might feel disturbingly like being distant from the world). I'd use this whenever serenity is called for.

I also suspect this might be good for people that have poor boundaries and soak up too much. People who are feeling alienated, maybe not so much?

It makes me feel clean inside.

Edited by patina

I believe that this is my favorite scent to date. I've been wearing it every day since I got it a few days ago. I've gotten tons of compliments. People haven't seem to be able to pinpoint what the are smelling, just that is "smells good" or "like a spa". I can't pinpoint it either.. white florals, that aren't cloying or too strong.. blended with other things.. creamy..clean..a little woodsy. Love it!

I can't really comment on the protection/cleansing aspect of it just yet. I know when I sniff it, it makes me feel good, like taking a breath of really fresh air.

Edited by yaluna

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this! I am now on my 2nd bottle of this powerful TAL and never want to be without it. As for scent, it is a white floral to me, quite pleasant. White Light got me through a difficult time in my life when I was ill and scared. It soothed and reassured me that everything was going to be alright, and it was, eventually.

One interesting note, the very first time I used this, I had a very realistic dream where I was stuck in a place where I seen many people I knew that would come in and out of wherever I was. Even though it was flat ground, it felt like I was climbing. My sister came into my dream and said I was stuck in the 8th dimension. I have never heard of this 8th dimension anywhere and googled it. Here is what the first hit was: "eighth dimension (if we can call it a dimension) has no limitations at all. It transcends and pervades, beyond nature yet also fully present". Kind of neat.

As far as scent goes, I don't really like it. To me, it smells like a grape spice candle. But when it hits my skin, the smell turns into something pleasant. The more I need the calming influence, the more pleasant it smells.

When I'm not particularly ruffled, this scent has the effect of guiding me into a meditative calm. But last night - when I danced with a few different guys at a party, including Mr. Creepy McGrabbyHands (the last guy) - it was a blessing. Once I got home and applied this, the 'ick' feeling melted off me and it felt like I was wrapped in a warm fuzzy security blanket. It smelled wonderful, too!

Gardenias. All I can smell are gardenias. The white floral you can't pinpoint- I am positive it's gardenia.

Which is somewhat unfortunate, as my imp of White Light (which was decanted back in 2005 from a friend who got it from that place back east that used to sell BPAL but closed) was a very sharp but still white scent. More citrusy-woodsy-papery, like old books, than this which is just HAI WANT SOME FLOWERS? HAVE SOME ANYWAY!! This one is... cloying. Which I'm sure has nothing to do with its effectiveness but it's rather unwelcome to gag when you open the bottle.

Then again, I was recently pregnant, so who the hell knows.

~Diamond~

This last week was absolutely awful for me. School is a lot more stressful than I had anticipated, I got turned down for a role (not because of my talent, mind you, simply because I am too tall and the male lead is only 5' 2''), my dad is in PA for 30 days and my mom is at wits end without him, I'm having mood swings every five minutes which lead me to snap at my poor boyfriend, and I made the mistake of reading a review for a horror movie and its scared me/wigged me out pretty much all week. (The link I followed told me I was going to a review for Batman!!!) My mind was filled with dark, sad, scary thoughts and I couldn't calm down enough to sleep. My sister offered me her bottle of white light, promising it would help. I put the oil over my heart, throat, and third eye chakras and I climbed into bed. Immediately I felt calm and peaceful. It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. My stress melted away and my mind was finally at rest. I slept like a freaking baby! I don't remember the last time I had such a deep and peaceful sleep. I woke up this morning and I felt like a brand new person, ready to face the day and conquer any challenges that crossed my path! :)

I'm not sure what the separate notes in the blend are, but it smells like soft white flowers (I think gardenia or lilies) and a hint of herbally/spicey lemon that didn't show up until after I had put it on my skin. It smells beautifully crisp, clean, and peaceful. I’m ordering a bottle of this asap because not only did it do exactly what it promised in the description, it's a beautiful scent.

(Edit for spelling mistakes and because Word decided to delete all my apostrophes, lol.)

Edited by Marie_Nightingale

I have had some very odd experiences with White Light.

I want to put it on and feel calm, clean, destressed and, well..fixed. But each time it has left me feeling drained and empty. The way I feel after a long, cathartic crying session. This is not necessarily a bad thing, just unexpected.

I tried it again last night when I needed something to help me sleep and I ended up having an extremely vivid dream about a situation I'm in right now but the dream was pretty harsh and exposed all of my fears and insecurities about this situation. I'm going to keep experimenting with it but I'll never wear it at work again as my reactions are a little unpredictable.

For day-to-day comforting I like Van Van which has never let me down, but I'll reserve White Light for more serious cleansing.

On me, the scent of this is jasmine and maybe gardenia - definitely white florals. It's a little like Somnus minus the lavender. It's super calming.

I've been dealing with some ongoing stress and health issues which are caused/worsened by stress lately, so I used this for two nights in a row this week, as by the end of the week I'm usually a mess. On the first night I nearly fell asleep on the sofa directly after applying it -- I wasn't so much sleepy as just too relaxed to do anything else. The second night was much the same, only a little less sudden. I've also felt more real emotions beyond just a vague sense of anxiety/fear - it's like it calms me down enough that I can address the underlying issues that are contributing to the problem, rather than just focusing on the problem itself and worrying myself sick. Definitely like this one.

Another effect is that I felt especially brave and outspoken today in a situation that had been causing me some anxiety related to the above. I was a little more aggressively annoyed than usual, though maybe some of the things I said needed to be said and annoyance was the only way to honestly express myself at that point.

the scent is very warm and white, ethereal but grounded with spices and herbs. I received my imp from someone on the forum, when i first took it out of the package the scent was strong, heady and I wasnt sure it was what I was looking for.

I decided to use it in my own work and the impression and feeling i get is completely different from my first intrusive introduction to the scent.

I decided to use it as described. I anointed my chakras, palms, and anointed a mini candle (it was blue, the most fitting color I currently have). I rolled out a yoga mat, lit the candle, laid down and closed my eyes. The scent wasn't half as strong as I remembered. I felt relaxed... but almost lucidly dreaming. I attempted to focus on the light of the candle and the relaxing nature of meditating. Every sound was magnified, but not bothersome. I had a song stuck in my head. It didn't go away but it became clear it was appropriate for the work I have been doing, fading in and out through my session.

I feel very relaxed, a bit distant, and definitely cleansed. All the tension I have had in my head is fading away. I hope the effects last for a while.

This is my first review of a TAL oil, so please bear with me -- I'm still very new to using TAL oils at all, let alone for ritual work.

If anyone's read my posts in the last several months, you've seen that my world has turned completely upside down in many aspects. I've had more than one person suggest I give TAL a try, and after perusing the website, I opted for 3 blends, White Light being one of them.

After a major panic attack last night, I decided to give White Light a try tonight. I anointed my head & heart chakras, applied to my palms, anointed a white chime candle, and a quartz stone I found the other day (that I frequently pick up and play with), and then sat to do a little "homework". I'm not sure if it's the TAL or the candles I have burning, but I definitely feel much more calm, and more centered. Whether it will last remains to be seen, but I definitely think my stone will be coming to work with me tomorrow.

The scent ... how do I describe the scent? It's almost like jasmine & rose, neither of which I can wear, but they're very pleasant in this, and neither has turned to baby powder on me, like the scents usually do. I know this isn't a perfume blend, but it's light & sweet enough, I could see myself wearing it as a spring evening blend.

I purchased White Light along with Peace to help me deal with anxiety. Peace is more effective for me personally. White Light did not seem to do much during a social anxiety situation. I know it's not meant to be a perfume, but when I rub it on my palms, aside from making my palms warm, the scent is quite noticeable. And I think perhaps the reason it doesn't help me is because I don't really like the scent. It's a medicinal/herbal scent with hints of jasmine and cherry. I tried it a couple of times, but I think I will hold onto Peace, which is awesome, and pass this along to someone who can get more use out of it.

Scentwise, White Light has three main notes on me. One of them is a white floral that I think is gardenia; it's the first to emerge. The second smells like Dove soap, and I think it's a type of lily that smells like Dove? The third note is sort of incense-dusty-wood, and I think it's the same note that's in Practical Occultism that I couldn't decide if it was cassia or sage. (I know they smell nothing alike in theory, but skin chemistry doth make fools of us all.) They emerge in that order, but once they've all made their appearance, any of them can rise to the top at any time. So I'd be sitting there having smelled predominantly incense-dusty-wood for a while and then I'd have Dove or gardenia again. The Dove is what finally "wins" and is the note that sticks around well into the evening.

I decided to try White Light when I was anticipating a stressful day at work. I first noticed its effects on my bus commute. At that point I wasn't really feeling centered or anything of that sort; I was more "Squirrel!" There were just too many thoughts going through my head for the stress to get any purchase. I'd be thinking "stressy thing...Hmm I wonder about the etymology of some word...oooh look the sunrise is pretty...I think I want to go to the hallmark store after work." My muscles also felt really relaxed.

Later, once I got to work, I felt calm and centered during crazy phone calls, a meeting I'd been worried about, and a lunch with a higher-up. I got complimented a couple of times on something I'd been worrying I was messing up.

Then in the late afternoon, with all the major events of the day over, I had a period of euphoria. It felt like the oil and I had both done our jobs and could take a breath and enjoy the rest of the day. At that point, I was again a little distractible. It didn't matter since most of the office had left, but I'll have to keep it in mind for next time, that eventually it does loop back around to "Squirrel!" for me, and I might not want to use it if I want to still be really focused 8 hours after applying.

I'd say this is another success for TAL! :)

Edit, 2/27/15: Last night I couldn't sleep because my brain was running a mile a minute and catastrophizing about something. So I applied White Light in the hopes of stopping myself from obsessing about this thing. It worked--and again in about the same way--it seemed to refract my thoughts into a million random directions, like a prism turning a beam of light into a rainbow, so I started thinking about unrelated harmless things until I actually dropped off. I actually still didn't sleep well in the end, but that's because a physical issue (GERD) reared its head in the middle of the night. White Light worked for getting me to relax and de-obsess, though.

Edited by lady_pandora

Jasmine in the bottle, and adds gardenia and tuberose as it goes along. A pleasant floral, just south of too sweet. I'm an atheist so I'm not using it for any of the ritual aspects, but it certainly lightened my mood. :)

I bought this as an imp; to me, it smells like a simpler, dressed down version of Chaste Moon 2010, which is a scent I love. It's clean, soapy white florals all the way on me.

As for the efficacy, I can't speak to that yet--I did the ritual with the white figure candle and chakra points because I'm trying to move on from trauma suffered from an abusive relationship. That was yesterday. I meditated for a while, and then let the candle burn all the way out. I don't feel any drastic calming effects--maybe less negativity if I turn my head and squint. It doesn't seem like the effect was supposed to be gradual, based on the reviews.

I will say that when I anoint my chakras and go to bed with it, that I sleep very, very soundly, so that's good, at least. But I might give Peace a try?

In the bottle for me, it's super strong, in my face floral , like gardenia or magnolia can be. A sharp white, beautiful flower than suffers no bullshit, but remains lovely.

The dry down on my is lovely and I love it as it lingers, more than when it's fresh on skin.

I've dressed candles and used it with intentions often.
It's amazing paired with Flying Devil or Block Buster.

I'm really enjoying this blend. I've been applying it to the 7 western chakras + palms, usually in conjunction with Anthelion, and I'm finding it... I think more subtle than some others seem to be reporting, but in a good way.

It's like a medication that you don't notice working until you suddenly catch yourself and go "Oh, hey, X symptom is gone/less!" It doesn't whammy me with calm, it doesn't clobber me with purification. It works in the background, quietly sweeping away the dirt, and then I look around and huh, when did it suddenly get so clean in here.

I do wonder if using it with Anthelion is influencing how I'm getting it, but I firmly believe in using WL in conjunction with something unless there's a strong need for it alone (for me, anyway). Out with the old, in with the new, is my style for that kind of magic. Fill the empty space you've created with what you do want to feel. I haven't yet had an incident where I've needed to use WL alone, but I'll report back if/when that happens.

Scent wise, I'm finding it less strong than BPAL blends generally, although that might be because I don't get much out of the rollerball I put it in (quality control issues gooo). It also fades relatively fast, though again that might be a quantity issue, but I'm not complaining as it means I can wear perfumes on my wrists without WL on my palms interfering too much.

I find it to be a cooling floral (although not to the extent of something like White Moon '06). I'm not usually a floral person but I find this rounded and well blended enough that it's actually quite pleasant. Refreshing and calming, something I'd enjoy sniffing on a warm day. Soothing and like a nice breeze, without being sharp like some summer "cooling" blends can be.

This is a bright, uplifting, and cheerful oil. I’m in the habit of starting my day with a ritual of oil anointing and setting intentions, so I tried this on a particularly rough start of a day. On another day, it paired well with my usual base of frankincense oil, and the florals blended well with the golden resin.

White Light is a welcome ray of sunshine on dark days, like a walk in a vintage flower garden at dawn.