Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Netzach

Victory, Nogah, Eternity, Endurance, God’s Grace.

Rose and something woody like sandalwood and maybe some amber. Unfortunately, my body amps up rose and thats all I can smell after it dries Edited by Shollin

In the imp: smells like cinnamon red hots

On my wrist: oddly enough, I can barely smell it. There's a tiny hint of cinnamon and something floral that I can't identify. I think I can get sandalwood too.

i was SHOCKED to read that there were roses and sandalwood in this ... on my skin it smells EXACTLY like ivory soap O_o :D :D this is abit odd as my skin does well with both sandalwood and rose scents, but this goes completely soapy on me. in the bottle it has a subtle sandalwood scent, very light and delightful. on me, Ivory :P

Mostly rose. Kind of an herby, woody, rose. To be honest I think this smells really nice. It's pretty and light. I don't usually wear rose blends as a personal fragrance... but maybe I should. Beth's rose notes smell so good and very true on me, even if the rose scent itself isn't my own fave. My skin seems to like it a lot.

Netzach - Roses! This is the typical BPAL rose that's found in blends like Kurukulla, Erato, Persephone, The Empress, Water of Notre Dame, Nocturne (TAL), etc. However, it's blended with a note that initially makes me think of dry herbs, but as the blend dries down, that herbal note morphs into more of an incense-like note. Upon dry-down, there is also a very faint aquatic note in the background of this blend. It's very pretty. It lasts for a couple of hours on my skin, which for me, is fair to average staying power. However, it has virtually no throw on me, even when it's first applied. This is a nice rose, but doesn't knock my socks off enough to buy a bottle.

Wet: fainy, soapy, sort of reminds me of Faustus without the spice.

Dry: Waxy floral notes. There's a variety of rose in there for sure, and a few other things that smell a bit too cloying for me. This is a lot like Binah or Hymn; one of those super floral scents that smell more like a candle than something I'd want as a perfume. This is a definite no-go.

Netzach is straight up resiny roses, as reverential as it gets. The rose is lovely here (like all BPAL roses) and with the resin and wood (it does smell like sandalwood, as others have noted) it’s just gorgeous.

As an aside, this blend is very pretty, but for some reason, I keep wanting to call it 'Nutsack.' :P

Resinous and floral. Soft and feminine. People are saying rose in their reviews, and I guess I can see that, but it doesn't smell like rose blends usually smell on my skin. Perhaps it's a different variety of rose? I'm not sure. I just really like how this is dusty and sweet and soft.

Netzach-

In Bottle: I can hardly smell anything!

Wet: Something sour-resinous? Spicy? Wait--peanuts! Seriously, a little after-effect of peanut butter.

Dry: This faded fairly quickly. It stayed a sort of resinous mishmash before it did.

Overall: Not for me.

I tried this blend in the same session where I tried Tarot: The Empress, and they strike me as similar, since they are both rose-based scents. This is a strict floral for me, though it does not go powdery, as it has for others. I wonder if there is some sort of carnation or gardenia in this blend, as there is a bit of a kick to the floral which keeps it from being weak on drydown. However, it's really too much white rose for me (I don't like the sharpness of white rose).

NetzachSS.jpg

First, let me just say I am a total sucker for rose scents. Anything with a rose note, I am so going to get it. I didn't set out to get this Sephiroth because of the rose note, however. I was lucky enough to score a set of decants from eBay that didn't break my bank. I'm not into Kabbalah, so I was curious about these oils purely from a perfume standpoint rather than a metaphysical one. I'm trying them out as they luck into my hand from my "Imp du Jour" box, and today is Netzach's turn.

In the imp: Roses! Light and bright, but definitely roses. I detect maybe a touch of something a little woody, maybe the sandalwood? It's a very small touch, though.

Wet on skin: Still roses, but also still very light.

Dry: Only roses do I smell, and it's a very light smell. I would think someone who likes their rose scent in small doses would like this one, but it seems very faint to me. I even put on some lotion before reapplying to help hold the scent longer, but it disappeared far too quickly.

Verdict: For the first time, it took half an imp just to keep the lovely scent detectable for half a day. That's too much for me, so I will enjoy this while it lasts but most likely will not buy a bottle or even another decant. Beth makes enough other far longer-lasting rose blends to worry about this one. :P

Edited by stellans

There is an initial impression of a light rose scent; it smells very much like pink roses. There is another aspect to this scent, though, a rich, deep, spicy undertone that smoothes everything out. I guess it's rather woodsy, but in a glowing, red/brown, decadent type of way. On the dry down, the rose shows itself again, but now it smells more like rosewood, and the rich spiciness goes away.

This has medium to light throw.

This is very pretty and feminine. Not my type of thing, but lovely just the same.

Someone mentioned rose geranium, and I'd be inclined to lean toward that rather than rose. The main reason being that I'm not running for the soap and water like I usually do with anything rose, and it is staying fairly true to how it went on instead of morphing into the usual laundry soap (rose on me).

It is a bit sour, and I probably wouldn't wear it as perfume, but for anyone who studies the Qabalah, I think it definitely represents the energies of Netzach. I could see using it in ritual. It's very much of nature, plants, flowers, the physical beauty and lushness of the earth.

Wet, this is resin and incense. It smells like there’s frankincense in here. This is best characterized as a light incense blend. Now there’s rose too. The rose gets stronger as it dries. After it’s dry, this is purely rose. Powdery rose. Tea rose I think.

Later it smells like there’s lemon verbena in there too.

In sum, this oil is train wreck on me – tea rose usually goes powdery and lemon verbena just about always goes bad on my skin. The wet phase when it was all resins and incense was great, but once the rose came out that was it for me.

I get resins and a dusting of woods while this is wet. When it dries the roses come out to play in full force, but throughout the duration of the scent I can still always smell a touch of woods and resins. Lovely! It wears for a long time, too. I can still smell it quite well and it has been about 5 hours.

In the bottle: Sweet, resiny, slightly green

Wet: Much less sweet, a bit greener, still heavy on resin...and some rose! Something citrusy too.

Dry: It's a slightly warm rosy scent. I'm really just smelling (delicious) rose at this point, otherwise. It's a very nice, fresh rose - think Red Rose 05, or even Havisham. It's that sort of rose but it has a warmer, drier base. But there's not powder, soap, or dust despite the warmth. I agree with the reviewer who thinks there is geranium in this - because that often registers as citrusy to me and I LOVE geranium.

Summary: Warm, slightly geranium-esque rose, but very short wearlength, and not great throw. Wahh. I shall treasure my implet nonetheless.

In the vial: Roses! Smells like Peacock Queen.

Wet: The sweet tea rose faded as a more "old rose" fragrance took over. This smells more like Rosa gallica to me.

Twenty minutes: Roses, definitely, but there's something resinous and very spicy in there too. Can it be amber?

One hour: Rose and resin. I don't think it's myrrh (too sweet), but I'm not sure it's amber either. Could be frankincense

Two and a half hours: Not amber, I think. But whatever it is, it's gone kind of powdery. Yet it's still very rosy and also sweet as well as resin-spicy. I like this.

Four hours: Still rose-resiny. I thought for a while it might be woody, but most woods don't smell this nice on me. If it's a wood, maybe it's an unusual one (it doesn't smell like sandalwood or teak to me).

Five hours: Still there, but less rosy now. This is successful enough to wear from time to time.

This one has a rose/slight rose geranium on a very dirty patchouli base. And by dirty I mean, dirty. On wet, it had a bit of a soapy, clean feel to it. But now it's gone dirty, as some patchoulis tend to do. I also think there is a resin there, and I'd throw my guess at frankincense.

Erm... yeah, not my style. Ah, well.