Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Netzach

Victory, Nogah, Eternity, Endurance, God’s Grace.

rose! sandalwood! something i don't recognize!

kind of reminds me of queen mab, but not as fabulous. (of course nothing could be as fabulous as the queen) i rather like it, though i don't know that i'd wear it much because i DO have the queen and netzach doesn't blend as well with my skin as queen mab does.

First Impression: The *identical* rose note as Persephone, identical.

Second Impression: Where Persephone blooms bright with that juicy pomegranate note, this goes deep with a hint of sandalwood. This is very nice.

Final Analysis: Rose lovers take heed: YOU NEED THIS.

When the Sephiroth were first introduced, I purchased just one bottle & it was Netzach. Since I had no idea which blend to choose, I used my douser to help make the selection. "Which blend would be for my highest good?", sort of thing.

The blend opens as "wet roses" but this phase (unfortunately) doesn't last very long. Dang!

The next phase does not "agree" with my nose, at all. It reminds me of the smell of certain marigolds. I'm not sure if anyone will know what I mean by that. Here's a little hint: I plant marigolds around my roses to control "pests". Not good, aroma wise but the blend "feels" good, so I'm rolling with it.

"Endurance" certainly applies to this blend, as it lasts a very long time. The marigold phase lasts longer than I would like, but the drydown is worth the wait. This is my favorite phase, the deep, woody notes make a "thruming" vibration that's extremely relaxing.

Complex, unusual, not-to-be-worn-as a perfume blend for me though.

Edited by Red_Hot_Mama

First sniff:

I smell roses...more like attar of rose, which has always smelled different to me. I don't like roses, so this doesn't bode well.

Wet on skin:

Yep, that's rose, alright. Have I mentioned that I don't like roses? Well, I don't. At all. I honestly can't smell anything in here apart from the evil roses of doom. :P

Dry down:

Roses, roses and more roses. That's all I'm getting here, but my skin amps up florals (and rose in particular) to an insane degree, so it may be my skin chemistry that's responsible for the overwhelmingness of the rose note in this.

The bottom line:

This would be great for a rose lover. Unfortunately, I am not said rose lover. :D

Netzach in the bottle smelled very similar to Kurukulla: very sweet rose, perhaps with lotus?

The rose sweetness remained on my skin but began to incorporate a woodsy note over time.

The wood scent began to predominate over the rose once dry. Netzach's final form reminded me of a newly built wooden fence with small rose bushes planted in front of it.

This is sweet and juicy. Definatly rose in this and something a bit warm, resin of some sort? Amber? myrrh? This must have some kind of fruit in it maybe apple or pomegranite? A bit woodsy and very comforting. Mmm I smell sandalwood incense, I really enjoy this and am very pleased with this blend!

Edited by Nadirah

In Bottle: Rose and wood.

On Skin: The rose is strongest… very sharp and tart. There is also a woody note which some people have said is sandalwood and I’d agree with that. But I’m not a fan of roses on myself so it’s off to the swaps with this one.

My first impression of Netzach is of a green light floral. The green note is grassy like the Lion, but without any of the Lion's amber or musk. A weedy note develops that is very similar to the weediness that I get from Kurukulla -- perhaps one of the same roses as in Kurukulla is in Netzach?

It begins to smell a bit aquatic in the drydown.

Netzach

In the imp: rose! I love rose!!! This seems similar to the Empress.

Wet on skin: oh wow, another gorgeous rose scent. This is lovely! It reminds me of the Empress meets Lucy's Kiss.

Dry on skin: I love rose. This is a lovely, warm, soft rose, heady and deep. There might be something slightly spicy, dry or woody in this, or maybe orris, or sandalwood. There's definitely something enhancing the rose note. It reminds me of Black Cat, or Lucy's Kiss.

After a while: it pretty much stays the same-a powdery, heady rose, sweet but with a dry undertone. It's quite nice.

Verdict: I can't get enough of these rose scents! This is another one of these. Very similar to Lucy's Kiss, this is a mature, refined rose scent, quite dry, nostalgic, like an old fashioned Victorian rose smell. It's a gorgeous fragrance, but I'm not sure if it's a favourite yet…I have many rose blends I prefer to this, so I probably won't get a bottle, but I might keep the imp.

Bottle (Imp): This smells sweet, woodsy, and perhaps a flower sneaks in there.

Just On: This gets a LOT lighter on my skin, immediately.

An hour or two later: Hmm, sweet woody flowers that are almost soapy.

Around 6 hours: Soap. Dammit.

12 hours: Soapy soap soap.

Overall: Well, my skin totally wrecked this one.

After reading other reviews: Aha, it's *that* rose note that goes to instant soap on me. Like I'd know the difference. Anyhow, this isnot going to be a very good one for me, as the soapy smell is overwhelming.

at first: definitely a gorgeous, soft rose.

on: something soft with the rose. maybe sandalwood.

overall: i really like this, but i definitely don't need any more rose scents.

Roses, roses, roses. Alas, nothing about this rose blend makes it stand out from all the other rose blends. At least not for me.

Origin: Bought a decant on LJ

In the Bottle: Where's the rose? All I smell is sandalwood.

Wet: Still sandalwood, but with a note of something that seems sharp and bitter. Not good.

Drydown: Finally, there's the rose! It takes a while to emerge on me. But whether it's the combination with sandalwood or some other note I can't identify, there's a sour, soapy undertone that keeps me from fully enjoying this blend.

Verdict: I'll hang onto it for a couple of weeks and try again when That Week is over, but if I get the same result I think I'll send it to the swap pile.

when they say roses they mean ROSES, there is the lightest wisper of sandalwood but it is screaming roses. not bad really, i like roses occassionally, so yay

Netzach

In the bottle: Am I crazy? I smell almonds.

On me: Ah, there's the rose. It's the more pungent rose in the Empress, or in Rose Red. There is already an underlying powdery quality.

Drydown: It's getting more green, like I'm no longer smelling the roses but the leaves or stem. Ooops, it's turning to rotting roses - not so good. :P

In bottle: Creamy rose. It's a very peaceful, graceful fragrance. There's a slightly smoky sweetness that I think can be attributed to sandalwood, but I"m not sure

On me: Love it! It's a lovely rose, simple and true, that hasn't gone nuts on my skin. Again, I think it's grounded with a dash of sandalwood, but I can't even detect that on my skin except in minute amounts.

This is very pretty but I have no idea what's in it. No idea. At all. My notes on this were "warm, soapy jasmine" but now I don't agree with that at all. I don't smell roses much though, isn't it weird? Now that I am looking for them I guess I can sense them.....this reminds me a bit of Rose Cross now that I am actively trying to smell roses.

Yes, something like rose/sandalwood or rose/frankincense but there is another sinuous floral note winding through it. Pretty but not for me, and yet another example of how very unique each of the Sephiroth is. These each have their own personality and I imagine that meditating with them would yield great results.

As for wearing this one I can't see it happening! I actually am already getting a bit of a headache from it. Which is what 80% of rose blends does to me after a little while anyway!

I've been getting a lot of winning roses lately (Kurukulla, Beatrice, Love in the Asylum) so I am oddly hopeful when trying on Netzach.

This is an almost fruity rose. Tart fruit and the rose is very sharp and bitter. I'm not liking this at all :P

After about a half hour this starts to go soapy on me. Oh well. I know now that I can wear rose... Netzach just happens to be one of the roses that doesn't work with my skin chemistry.

Impression: Rose and Myrrh

Immediately get a whiff and recognize a blend of dewy, sweet florals, led predominantly by rose. This means this blend probably won’t work on me… but I’m giving it a shot. Starts off with a faint, wet floral mixed with a blend of resins, predominantly myrrh. Over time, on me, the rose starts to grow louder and louder and I’m left with a pretty, but one-dimensional, rose. However, that’s my skin chemistry. If the rose hadn’t lifted up and overwhelmed the rest of this scent, it would have been a perfectly balanced, deep resin-rose. Not quite the same as Tiphareth, since it’s heavier on the florals and not quite as… ‘sacred’ incense feeling.

The roses hit me first - and for me, that's never a good thing. :P

I can sense something else, making it warm and resiny; perhaps some amber? But as it dries down, a weird sour note flits around in the background.

To my nose, this is vinegar and roses. I feel like I'm eating fries with malt vinegar while wearing rose/amber perfume. While I love fries with vinegar, I don't want to smell like them, and I certainly don't want to smell like roses, either. Not for me!

Slightly cologny and alcoholy when wet, with something that reminds me a lot of the "oceanic" BPAL blends. There's something beneath it that makes me think "green" as well.

Beyond the herby green a floral is emerging...

As this dries it becomes sweeter and greener all at once.

I am also beginning to smell something like an orange sauce and now, foomp! Suddenly there are roses.

What a confusing, morph-tastic blend.

Hmm, very interesting, a woody, resiny rose. Sandalwood, yes I think so. Myrrh?

This rose is nice, not too juicy, but not my absolute favorite, a little less dry than the tea rose I love in London.

Oddly enough, I can see where coulrophobe gets the malt-vinegar-fries thing, or where others get the aquatic note they mention. There is an odd salty note in the background and it really does remind me of chips, even salt-and-vinegar chips. It's low-key, but it's there. Very odd.

Hmm. As it dries down this strange note, salty with a little soap at the same time, comes to dominate the rose; meanwhile the sandalwood and resin really die down. This ends up being very strange. I keep on sniffing because I want to know what the hell is going on here, but every time I sniff, it's kind of weird. It smells so much like ... fries. Rosy perfume fries.

I like the wet smell, but as it dries down, not so much. Throw is medium and less weird than sniffing up close, more soapy.

On my scale, 2 out of 5.

The rose note here is REALLY odd...it's like the antiseptic aspect of the rose note found in Persephone distilled (I get no actual rose whatsoever). I get a woodsy underlay that smells like sawdust...

Ugg...I don't like this one AT ALL :P

Yeah, rose. And lemon? Oddly, I mistook the rose for lemon at first. This is a very pungent rose--herbal and sharp, not soft and girly. It does soften a little bit as it dries, but it's still not girly. Aside from a slightly powdery background, I really can't place any other notes. Wow.