Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wet: It smells like almond extract and cinnamon. Very foodie.
Drydown: My skin ate it up and I've been left with a very faint powdery vanilla. Also, this does NOT jive with my skin because it lowkey stings. I'm generally not too sensitive to cinnamon, so I'm surprised. I had to scrub it.

Despite the bitter almond in the description, Eclipse is a very sweet almond scent which opens with the almond-cherry-marzipan confusion common to almond notes. Once it settles down it's sweet vanilla almond -- not as sweet as Hellcat -- which is very pleasant though unremarkable. There might be a trace of frankincense grounding things (this is a very old imp). I don't get any cinnamon, and while I know I killed a heliotrope once, I can't remember what it smelled like.  I quite like Eclipse, but not passionately.  Try if you love almond scents like Hecate. 

Got this one as a freebie and knew nothing about it. Fresh out of the mail it's SO sweet, on my skin the almond goes all cherry? Does this happen to anyone else? But it smells like twizzlers and I love it. After some resting time that warm cinnamony loveliness comes out. It's super comforting and wearable to me. 

~~frimp review~~

wow, right off the bat it's super foodie. it smells like licorice and rainbow cookies (which smell heavily like almonds but baked and super sweet [but BPAL almonds on me tend to turn very cherry so it's a cherry almond baked sweet]). these two scents are battling it out right now on my hand.

now after a bit, it's gone lotiony. like straight up body lotion in the bathroom. the almond fell off a bit, I think i can still make out the vanilla(?), and I'm guessing the heliotrope and frankincense are responsible for this weird smell. it's so odd. I just can't explain it. lotion.

this was in my birthday order that my boyfriend got me and he was delighted with this frimp as he Loves rainbow cookies. he was disappointed to learn it quickly lost its rainbow cookieness.

Wet this is pure bitter almond and marzipan. But soon after that the bitter almond starts to behave, vanilla is keeping it calm and there's hint of lovely cinnamon too. Frankincense brings depth to it. 

Very beautiful scent and nice throw. I don't get any cherry, it's clearly almond. Lasts couple of hours, after ~8 hours there's still slight, sweet aroma left. 

About a month later this one has became one of my favorite perfumes. It's delightful, sweet almond scent with beautiful spices and seductive darkness from frankincense. Great throw and last incredibly long - 20 hours later in the morning I still can smell it on my wrist.