Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

The Ghost

A thin, sinuous, creeping chill, the scent of glee-filled undeath: white iris, osmanthus, Calla lily, tomb-crawling ivy and a coffin spray of gladiolus, lisianthus and delphinium.

In the imp: Sweet, floral.

Wet: Definitely some sort of white, powdery flowers but with a lot of sweetness.

Dry: Usually, this much white floral would be terrible on me, but it's actually really likeable. Something green and earthy is stopping it from being too nauseating, so I assume that's the ivy. I probably won't wear it because it's just not my thing, but it can definitely go in the oil burner.

Wet: White florals, a bit sharp and bitter.

Dry: Unfortunately this goes really soapy with my skin chemistry. I can't even really pick out individual notes.

White floral & subtle ivy. It's kind of a pleasant fragrance, but I hate English (tree-strangling, invasive, non-native,) ivy so passionately that I will never be able to bond with The Ghost.

A fresh floral and laundry detergent.

It's a bit of a green floral note, as if the flowers have just been cut for an arrangement.

It's nothing special to me, but it is still a subtle, lovely sweet scent with a hint of ghostly chill.

This feels very transparent and hollow, very fitting for a ghost scent. I get a lot of white florals, a little sharp at first. Dry it's mostly osmanthus and lily. There is just a hint of green in here too. It did lean a little soapy when wet, but now it's just a clean, (not heady) white floral. I find it quite intriguing, but will need to test further before I know if I need a bottle.

I did not think I'd have such an affinity for white florals, but I find this blend utterly enchanting - it's very cool with the a shy, mossy scent under the sweet lilies and the iris. After a half an hour or so, the green ivy shows up and lingers for a long time mingling with the scent (to my nose) of unfurling moonflowers. I realy love this one--a 5 ml is on my list.

This is actually slightly citrusy on me. It's a bright, crisp, airy floral with a citrus background. Perhaps something green thrown in, grassy and somewhat sharp, keeps it from being overly feminine. It's lovely and clean, and I'll be using the rest of my imp now that it's warm weather from now until October... though clearly it wont last me that long. :)

I need to stop trying things with names like The Ghost, Phantasm, Cheshire Cat... They just fade away like their names suggest. If you like white florals, The Ghost is really pretty. For about 10 minutes. Then poof, it's gone.

I get ethereal lilies. Somehow, it actually kind of smells like it's glowing in moonlight. It's a lot of white flowers, but the lilies really do stand out the most. Iris does also make itself known, but I don't get it as strongly. It's not a particularly strong scent, but it give the feeling of wisping around through the day. I think the springtime will be perfect time to get a lot of use out of it.

Somehow, the florals in this one are really strong on me. I don't get the light florals that everyone describes - they turn really punchy and "grandma's perfume" on me. To be fair, a lot of florals do this on me, but I had hopes that this more subtle floral would be different. Alas.

In the imp: I'm getting white florals with a smattering of greenery.

Wet: This is a soft white floral scent on my skin. I'm not able to pick out the notes, but the sour quality that I smelled in the imp isn't present at the moment, and there's a bit of sweetness to it, like an almost fruit-y sweetness. Perhaps that's the osmanthus.

Dry: After a while, it remains a soft, white floral scent, but it's not as sweet anymore. I think the ivy has come out to play. A few hours later, it is still the soft white florals, backed by the ivy and accompanied by a dusty quality that I'm thinking could be the coffin spray note?

Verdict: This one is not one I could see myself reaching for... not bad, just not 'me'.

Wet: Lilies and baby powder. Overall a very "white" floral scent.

Dry: Sweet, slightly floral, baby powder.

There are a lot of floral notes that tend to turn to baby powder on me; if they usually work on you, this would probably be lovely!

In bottle: Sharp, white floral.

Wet: A green, fresh plant scent, like a fresh bouquet, the scent of cut stems. It’s light, and does have something a bit cold and distant about it, but is quite nice.

Dry: fresh, light, white florals. It’s a bit boring for me (and doesn’t have much lasting power; it’s gone in 2 or 3 hours), but I agree with others that it would make a gorgeous room or linen scent!

In the imp: Iris, ivy, gladiola, and a smattering of other white florals. 

On my skin:

Wet, the iris and ivy dominate. On the drydown, the iris still holds out very strong, a piercing white floral backed by other shimmering, sweeter, white floral notes. Once it's had time to develop on my skin, I can catch lily in the scent's throw, and the delphinium comes out to grace the skin scent; the ivy slides into the background to become just the barest of grounding notes. Sadly, at approximately half an hour after application, The Ghost starts to fade out on me. 

It's a shame, because I really liked the prominent iris in this blend. It's not overly sweet or cloying on me, nor is it (until it does fade) overly soft and powdery. It has a very distinct presence, and I would have liked to have experienced more of it. 

I wish this ghost haunted my house, floating around leaving a fresh, floral whiff in it's path.  This smells like a really nice shampoo, one that makes big, iridescent bubbles, and that leaves your hair smelling fresh and lightly scented.  No one note is dominant on me, I pick out the green ivy and the iris, but everything else blends. 

In the imp: Light, surprisingly delicate white florals. It goes slightly powdery once on, but overall it stays white florals -- no one note stands out. Appropriately for the scent description, this is very light and low-throw. Unfortunately, my skin eats it up -- it's barely detectable after a couple hours.

A soft, delicate scent; definitely a genteel ghost. I would have guessed violet and lily, so I'm not sure what's giving me the violet impression here. Faint, inoffensive, pretty.

Delicate, clean, a wee bit green, and oddly synthetic: not in a cheap, dime-store way, but in a -- these smell like computer generated flowers -- way.  I feel like Mother, from Umbrella Academy would smell like this: feminine, floral, and not quite real. More android than ghost to me, but still quite interesting. 

My vote is %100 for Oblivion in #tournamentofunderdogs, but it would still be a shame to lose this one. 

Edited by VetchVesper

Spectral, ghostly, iris, violet, ozone, clean aquatic watery flowers, blue lotus? Fresh from the floral refrigerator white carnation, a tiny touch of something like bergamot or citrus rind in the background and barely there musk. More delicacy, an airy muguet(?). An androgenous scent. Sophisticated, aloof. Wet but also dry.

In the imp, this smelled very off putting wet, but I went for it anyway! What a transformation! The ghost is a very un-bpal type scent for me, as I tend to be attracted most to the lab's rooty-herbal-earthy blends. Noticably no sweetness, nor patch dark musk, zero vanilla, no fruits. The weird blondes in lovecraft country would wear this.  Very surprising clean fresh spring futuristic ectoplasmic vibes.

Strong memories of the late '90s smelling l'eau d'issey for the first time. Or CK One-esque, but less abrasive. I think the ozone and mix of floral and citrus is what people are picking up as Lysol wipes and the other reviews. Clean, invigorating, fresh, uplifting, hydrangea? Snowdrops? Clean laundry?!

Edited by Supertrooper Omni

Gauzy, flowing white florals swimming through the air. No sign of the "screeching" feeling that sometimes puts me off of floral blends.

At first, The Ghost smells a bit like one of those "clean cotton" or "fresh linen" candles/air fresheners, though with a more distinctly floral bent- it smells fine but doesn't interest me. However, on drydown, a grassy-green note develops that provides some depth and genuine freshness, improving the overall scent. It's much more appealing at this point, especially as the flowers unfold into a more fragrant, nuanced perfume.

If you like florals but fear sharp, "high-pitched" blends, give this a try! Also definitely recommend this to anyone who likes very clean scents.

Got this as a frimp, and it is a lovely floral! I'm glad I like it, because I spilled most of said frimp all over a notebook, so now The Ghost will haunt me forever 😅 

In Bottle: Powerful floral with a slightly green edge. I immediately recognize the Calla lily note, the other florals blend together into a background bouquet. Lovely and light! 

On Skin: The "green" note, which I assume to be the ivy, evaporates immediately and this is mostly a lily perfume. Other florals still hanging out in the background. This is definitely not for people who dislike the smell of lilies. 

Dry Down: This is a pretty linear experience, but just as light and lovely as in the bottle. This smells like a very cheerful, friendly ghost! Casper?? 👻

Bought a bottle of this. It really doesn't last long on me. But the experience is super floral, all white flowers with damp dew on them. Then it fades to soap. Not bad, but man I wish this sang a little more. Very Ghost Flowers.

Edited by Rane.

~First review of 2023!~ Can you imagine how delightful it would be if everytime there were a ghost nearby, one could smell "The Ghost"? It's crisp and clean, floral and hazy. This isn't something I would reach for, but it's pleasant enough and well blended. I have an imp that is quite aged, which has seemed to make it classier rather than trashier (some ladies be like that).

Edited by skyturtles