And the caresses of a snake
Cold gliding in the thorny brake.

And when returns the livid morn
Thou shalt find all my place forlorn
And chilly, till the falling night.

Others would rule by tenderness
Over thy life and youthfulness,
But I would conquer thee by fright!

A thin, sinuous, creeping chill, the scent of glee-filled undeath: white iris, osmanthus, Calla lily, tomb-crawling ivy and a coffin spray of gladiolus, lisianthus and delphinium.

very fresh and green, but cool. reminds me more of a garden than anything else -- my grandmother used to grow iris and glads and delphinium. not something i'd normally wear, but i think i may use it as a springy room scent.

oh my GOODNESS this smells fantastic in the bottle! I can't wait to try it (but must, as moscow got to me first).

ETA: this is fantastic. just so pretty. cheerful and delicate and sweet and springtime. love it!

Edited by jessamynit

First off, let me say that it took me 15 minutes to get my bottle open cause it was screwed on so tight!

So after thinking I might never get to smell The Ghost, I enjoy it all the more!

In the bottle, smells like a hothouse, or a butter fly house or something. Like I would imagine a jungle to smell like.

On, ooooo, lovely, soft, clean florals! For some reason I smell apple, there is no apple listed in here, but I smell soft white flowers and apples. The ultimate spring time scent. The is definitly a glee filled scent, in conjures up images of a ghost lingering around a summer luncheon to cause some trouble.

In terms of other scents, it smells somewhat similar to hell's belle, but without the spices and soapyness.

I like this alot!! I am really glad I bought a 5ml of this, this is a perfect summer day scent. Not too thick, just a ghostly hint of dry white florals. Perfect!

First Impression: Ivy.

Second Impression: This scent is completly different than I how thought. It's a fruity and aquatic floral.

Final Analysis: The Ghost does not smell good on me, fruity and aquatic does not work on my skin.

Mmmmm...this is heaven on me...definitely going to be a big bottle purchase. I loved this one from the minute I put it on...I'm not sure if I smell it because my skin loves it or because my nose loves it, but the osmanthus pops on me. Very clean, but I don't get the fruitiness that other people describe. This is the type of fragrance I love. It's a good thing.

:P :D :D

At first sniff, I thought there was citrus in this, but I think I tend to have a light=lemon reaction going on right now.

It's light, pale, and summery. Green, but not overly so, and floral, but not flowery. It smells of white-flowerd gardens on the breeze. Quiet, not overpowering and delicate. I may consider a 5ml of this when ApCat's orders arrive.

The Ghost:

Wet: ... where is this scent? Will try again later. I suspect that this will be similar to Grandmother of Ghosts.

Drydown/Longterm wear: After about an hour, a very faint white floral comes wafting through. This is almost identical to how Grandmother of Ghosts reacts with my skin. It's very subtle, just a faint breath of a whisper. Very nice. It's not an OMG BIG BOTTLE scent, but I'll use up the imp, I'm sure. Then I'll decide.

In Bottle: Clean ozone, florals.

On Skin: So clean and white! Soft and floral… I love the calla lily the best. The ivy also gives a light green note... This does remind me of a funeral, with all the flowers and a crisp starkness. Not depressing though, a celebration. I think it is very feminine and elegant… very formal. It is super light... barely any throw. This scent is a "ghost", transparent... you can barely tell it's there. It also fades very quickly sadly... I think I would have to slather this scent to get the kind of throw I like.

Edited by slave1

Vial: Green ivy, a little chilly.

Wet: It smells chilly - like a cold breeze, the ozone has this feeling to it. It's a light ozone, not the heavier type you'd find in Storm Moon. It's even lighter than Neo-Tokyo. Green ivy & a light floral, barely noticeable.

Dry: Florals sneaks in, lily & iris (I think, I'm still not very good at picking out florals because I usually avoid them), it sneaks in among the ivy - you barely notice it at first, but then it's there. It blends in with the ivy, while a cold breeze swirls around it. Quiet with staying power.

Received this from a swap as a freebie, it was a wish list scent for me. I'm tempted to purchase this in a bottle, even for a floral hater like me.

i got this as a freebie with an order i just received and was pleasantly surprised! this wasn't one i ever had on my wishlist and i didn't think i'd be interested...but it's very pretty. i honestly don't know what all the notes are supposed to smell like, so i'm guessing it's the ivy i'm smelling the most. whatever it is, i like it. :P

intresting, i am not quite sure what i expected but definitely not so light and airy and clean altho the name would porbably represent all those :P

in the vial i smell something fruity almost melony, i wonder which flower that is? intresting

wet it becomes a but ozonish, clean airy, w/ a hint of light floral but that very light breath of melon is still there. definitely a beautiful scent, i am in the air if i am gonna swap it or keep it, i will have to wear it again before deciding

This is gorgeous!

In the bottle, heavy, but crisp bouquet of florals

wet, oh the Osmanthus...the lily...I love it

Dry...the Ivy bounces out and drapes itself all over me. The florals fade to a beautiful light scent.

It's glorious on hot days when you don't want to wear anything heavy. I'm defiantely keeping this bottle. :P

at first: ths lab tossed this in as an extra in my order. a slightly sweet, almost tart floral. beautiful. this is very light and fresh, something that would work well on hot days.

on: a bit biting, but definitely fresh. very interesting. cool, with a touch of sweetness

1 hour later: darker and almost woodsy. not as pretty and fresh as it was at first.

2 hours later: very sweet. weird...it's really changed on me. it's almost syrupy. i still smell woods and some flowers.

overall: this is ok, but not me.

Very dewy and white, with a bitter green undercurrent.

I am absolutely amazed--this scent is the EMBODIMENT of white flowers of death. They're sheath-petaled flowers sprouting from a twisting green vine, which curls around a cemetary gate. There is loss and sorrow, but also grim inevitability to be smelled here.

Amazing :P

Very light, white, elusive airy. Absolutely the perfect embodiment of "the ghost." Very floral, but not strong. Conjures the words, "whispers," "chill," "creeping," and "dusk." Very lovely, I will enjoy my imp.

this scent is pure floral heavenly goodness on me....the best floral i have tried from the lab yet :D

it is just the most perfect summertime smell for my chemistry...& may i add this one "lasts" oh so well ...yay bpal :P

Edited by sookster

in the bottle: dry flowers

wet: white flowers, air; STRONG

dry: white flowers, air, slight aquatics

in conclusion: GUH. So girly, so flowery, so gorgeous. I think it's called The Ghost because at first, it's really strong and bright OMG, but after a few minutes it starts to fade into something more close to the skin. I can't pick out any of the individual flowers, because I don't know what they smell like on their own, but this is a very soft, girly perfume. I adore it.

In the bottle - sharp perfumey florals. Wet, sharp floral, lemon, fabric softener. And that's where to journey ends for me; it stays lemon fabric softener. Nice, but really not me.

Received as a frimp ...

I can definitely see how it got its name ... a sheer white floral. But it has that Hod undertone of ... dare I say it??? ... semen. :P ... and goes way too flowery on drydown for me.

On a scale of 1-5, about a 2.

Extremely strong floral. Very cold white flowers was the impression I got before I ran to wash it off - strong florals make me feel like I'm choking in a cloud of perfume. I'm sure this is a fantastic scent for floral lovers, but my imp is going to find a new home.

Another scent I adore,

To me this is quite a fruity number, but mixed with lots of florals, if I was a ghost I'd like to have this as my scent. It's a scent that can pop up anywhere & you'd know specifically who it was. This scent is far from frightening it's actually quite calming & reassuring as if it was the ghost of your great grandmother watching over you, & letting you know you were safe & under her protection. It's a very clean scent but has a very strong presence.

A very womanly scent.

The Ghost is the ultimate white floral. I'm not even normally a fan of white florals, but this is truly gorgeous. I get a lot of osmanthus and lily from this, osmanthus being fairly close to freesia, I believe.

Very haunting and name-appropriate. This is the Woman in White, the tracery of light left around a person's memory when they are gone, and the transient beauty of cut flowers at the height of their power when they begin to turn.

This isn't one that I would have selected for myself, but the Lab threw it in as a freebie (thank you!) and as usual, they know best.

The Ghost

freebie from the Lab

in vial: iris, lily, and something green (maybe the ivy?)

wet: powdery lily

dry: turns into a very powdery floral on me...this is definitely not for me. Off to the swaps!

Oof, went sickly sweet on me. Yes, powdery, which I usually like, it's just too sweet and florally. :/ Bummed. It was gorgeous in the bottle.

I'm loving this scent. This one doesn't have a lot of staying power, though. It's three hours later, and the scent is pretty much gone.

Osmanthus is one of my favorite notes, and it's definitely present. I smelled it right away, before it faded to a little more green, and then slipped away completely. Ghost lives up to its name!