Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

The Ghost

A thin, sinuous, creeping chill, the scent of glee-filled undeath: white iris, osmanthus, Calla lily, tomb-crawling ivy and a coffin spray of gladiolus, lisianthus and delphinium.

On me, this is mostly lilies. It's VERY light and is somewhat akin to a clothing detergent. It's pretty and inevasive. Would probably be good for a quick pick-me-up as opposed to the rest of my collection, which is made up of heavier, or more 'Look At MEEEEE!' scents. Somethings telling me I should keep this as I just have NOTHING similar.

Bright white and blue flowers with a touch of freshness - probably the greenery from the ivy. This isn't a scary ghost - this is a kind wisp rather than a boisterous poltergeist!

This is lovely! Its a very delicate,soft scent which has gone powdery quite quickly on me (in a good way though!). smells very "white", lots of lilies and irises.I'm sure I caught violet in there too,but its not listed...I must be getting another flower scent mixed up with it!

In the imp: quite floral, but delicately- not obnoxious...

Wet: It smells cold and blue, like water. I think I'm smelling the lilly and ivy. Very soft and sweet.

Drying: I love this, it is quite ghostly! The scent doesn't change too much once on my skin- still lightly floral, but wet and cold.

Like others have mentioned, this scent doesn't have much staying power for me, but it's gorgeous while it's there! Makes me think of a flower covered tomb with a lonely ghost :ghost:

People who smelled it one me thought it was Lightning though, which I found interesting!

I am considering a 5ml bottle- the only thing stopping me is the short staying power.

Wow! This blend is wonderful!

On me it isn't sharp at all. Just a light, clean fragrance of florals and a small hint of something green. I am definitely keeping the imp, but I don't think I need a bottle.

Sniffing the imp, it's very green and fresh.

Wet on my skin, aquatic lilies.

Dries down to lilies and something green...ivy?

The Ghost

In the imp: it smells like white dusty florals....something ethereal floating....

Wet: Oh. Very easily identifiable Iris and lily...all over the place. Slight dusty undertones still present but my schnoz is completely overwhelmed by the lily.

Dry: The florals mix up a bit and luckily the iris and lily back in to the mix. It's sweet, but not candy sweet....dusty floral sweet

Time Lapse 2 hours: The background flowers have come forward in a very pleasant way...still dusty but intriguing...

Time Lapse 3 hours: I'll have to use the word ephemeral instead of ethereal here....where'd it go??? Sigh....

Verdict: A not-too-sweet floral for me....but sadly on me it had the life span of a fruit fly. My mom might like it though!!

:huh?:

Imp: Tart green floral.

Wet: Green aquatic florals.

Drydown: Green aquatic florals

Overall: Not my thing.

Sweet, cool, summertime florals on me. Lovely (and a frimp to boot, thank you Labbies!).

Like this alot, but still not one I would buy. It reminds me of The Attrocious Attic, it's one of those gorgeous florals that has you smelling yourself and saying, is this even a floral? Like...The Unicorn. Another one that is hard to pick out things individually, it's blended beautifully!

It's very sweet, clean smelling and light. Faded ghostly flowers is a nice description I think and..it's very white smelling. Such a pretty perfume but just not enough kick. The name is apt as this isn't an in your face perfume, it's like a ghost hovering around your aura.

LOVELY!!

Very light fragrance- floral on application but with a hint of coolness. On drydown, it appears to fade, but as I sniff my wrist, it reappears. It is wispy and nearly transparent but definitely there.

Nice but not something I must have at the moment.

It smells lovely at first ...very green and white that reminds me of standing under a flowery and ivy laden archway. Within 10 minutes this fades to bathroom air freshener scent that almost smells greasy on me. Stupid skin of mine.

thanks for the frimp, lab!!

this is definitely a white floral. clean, in a soap/shampoo way, as others have said. it's classic and pretty, though i wouldn't say it's my style and will probably re-frimp it to someone who would love it more.

Vial: Fresh, almost fruity floral. Almost a bit boozy.

On: When first on, it still retains the almost boozy freshness. It's very hard to tell the notes apart, especially since I don't know half the flowers that went into this. It reminds me of the beginning of "Tavern of Hell", before that went to nothing on me. Hopefully, this one will last a bit longer, as it would be a very nice floral for hot days, as cool as it feels. It seems to be still rather strong on drydown, which is a good sign, and it doesn't seem to morph much on me.

Later: Still the same cool, fresh floral. Quite enjoyable. Maybe a low-priority entrance into the bottle list.

received this as a frimp. on my skin it's clean, clear and pale aquatics and florals-very fresh and springlike, and just wet smelling. i think i smell the ivy and maybe the lily? it just smells so watery to me, but i'm not sure which note that would be! it's a pretty, light scent, and not really somber at all, but it's not really my style.

In the vial, this is a cold, sharp floral and green ivy scent. It becomes warm on my skin, the scent deepens, and the ivy entwines itself amongst the flowers. After a few hours, it fades to a soft, delicate floral.

Well, 'ethereal floral' certainly applies here...I get a whiff of light florals, with maybe a bit of dusty ivy...and then it's gone. Very faint, very fleeting.

Slightly sweet, somewhere between powdery and watery, definitely paper white and clean. I'm getting mostly calla lily, but the flowers all kind of mash together after a moment. The green ivy pops out as soon as it starts to dry down. When combined with the delicate florals, it conjures up the image of a bar of nice white soap. Its lasting power and throw are minimal. It's an unobtrusive, inoffensive, transparent smell... I guess that's appropriate for a perfume called "The Ghost".

Just like ghost hunting you really have to be searching and paying close attention to get a strong impact from this one.

In imp: light lofty white flowers. No powder and not much green. Just crisp and soft.

Wet: the sweetness amps and reminds me of passing the tiger lily beds in early morning, at the Mt. Auburn cemetery in Cambridge, MA (classic Victorian strolling cemetery) Lilies start to swirl around with some of the iris (light crisp floral) and I guess osmanthus. (this flower is not easy to find in the NE, so I don't really have experience with it however I think I smelled it at the same cemetery)

Drydown: It has a floral ozone to it. Is that weird to say? Definitely cool and shivering like Prague but 10 levels lighter.

Soft, clean aquatic floral. As it dries, it turns a little powdery and sweet. I think this would be perfect for a hot day.

First Sniff: A fresh scent and I can already smell the calla lilies.

Wet: Very crisp and clean smelling. It reminds me of an aquatic which is nice.

Dry: Unfortunately, a lot of that crisp lily scent dies after it dries on me. It washes out to a very light, almost undetectable, flowery scent. :(

My Reaction: I wish the calla lilies would have lasted longer as that was a pleasant smell. Unfortunately, this just didn't seem to have any staying power on me.

Rating 1-5: 1.5

A really soft, delicate floral blend. It doesn't have a ton of throw or last very long. I'll pass on this blend.

I loved the idea of a perfume that is like a ghost. I didn't read the reviews very carefully, just skimmed them, and I was expecting something more lemony and green, good for summer. After I got my bottle, I wasn't as into it as I had hoped, and my husband said it smelled like his grandmother.

It is a white flower - green ivy - aquatic scent. It's not BAD. If this is a ghost, it is the ghost of a young girl or possibly a very old lady, haunting a house in Cape Cod. It's not a voluptuous impassioned Victorian ghost in a room with tattered velvet and carvings. It's rather austere and not at all sexy (if sexy is rich, spicy, musky and/or fruity). More like... "the water off beautiful Nauset, where it pours bean green over blue."

So, what I did was, I put the oil in my burner, thinking maybe I'd like it better as a room scent. It is very clean smelling and fresh, good for an early summer evening.

After I let it burn for a while, I really did get the 'creeping' sense of it that is in the description. BPAL is really very good at what they do!

I just don't want to smell like this particular one.