Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Prague

For Jenny, with love. Crocus with snowdrop and three lilies.

Prague reminds me of the way I used to think Queen Anne's Lace would smell.

It's a little too floral for me, and I cannot pick out florals, sadly. I'll put it this way: I think of Prague as a pretty pink and white floral. I won't be getting more of it, but it's delicate and lovely.

Sweet pine in the bottle. It gets more floral on my skin. I love the lilies but I am not getting the crocus. This is a wonderful floral on my skin. Not too girly at all. The pine is still around and there is still the sweetness. I think both are saving this from being to powdery on me. This would make an amazing linen spray. I'd love to fall asleep with this on my sheets. (I just saw I'm not the only person who had the same thought!)

In the imp: I'm not sure where I'm getting this, but it's almost spicy. But it is very intriguing.

Wet: The lily is very prevalent on me, but I'm still getting a hidden spice, almost like an incense. I'm not sure what gives me that, but this scent is amazing.

Dry: It comes off a little waxy on me, with the lily predominant over this mystical incense which comes from no where, but I love this scent. It's prayerful; almost like a glorious cathedral. This is a scent for listening to Mozart and taking communion.

Overall: This scent calms me. I would love a set of rosary beads scented like this. maybe I'd even use them>>. It's not the romantic bohemian Prague of the 19th century, but the glorious Christian Prague of the 17th and 18th. Utterly lovely. I've ordered imps of seraphim and sheol. However, depending on how they smell, it is VERY likely that I will order a larger bottle of this.

In the imp, the scent is exquisite: subtle, multi-faceted, and delicately sweet.

Alas, the moment it touches my skin, it transforms into dish soap. Flowery, noxious liquid soap. Bizarrely, though, it layers magnificently with Tzadikim Nistarim; the end result is a scent of pure, golden sweetness -- with just the slightest acidic edge to it. Absolutely luscious.

damnit, this smells really good now that's faded...lilies + something else familiar that i can't put my finger on...

when it's first on it's a strong fruity smell, like a scented doll-strawberry shortcake, but not strawberries... something sort of citrus-peachy that i can't place. not bad necessarily, just not really me.

I love Prague! I love it love it love it! The first time I tried it, I was instantly mesmerized by it. I had never smelled crocus in a vial before, and combine that with the lily, and it was so smooth and soft and sweet and pretty! I’m not sure what Beth uses for the “snowdrop” note, but it’s sweet and juicy and vibrant. When I’m OTR, it takes on a strange piney scent, however, and smells like Voodoo, which isn’t a good thing on me. But the other three weeks of the month, it’s just such a pretty fruity-floral and one that I doubt I’ll ever get tired of.

Procured: Frimp

In Imp: Frankensence(sp?), then something sweet & green (sweet pea?)

On Skin, Wet: green, soft floral then a little Irish Spring soapy note emerges

On Skin, Dry: Husband says it smells like "Granny" perfume.

A delicate floral perfume. I cannot pick notes out, but it is a definite floral. Dry, it has gone quite pretty.

Pretty but not me. I do not think Prague will be staying around long.

In the bottle: For not having fruit notes in it, it smells REALLY fruity. Almost candy-sweet.

Wet on skin: The fruitiness is softening up a bit; it's stronger when my wrist isn't right up against my nose. Up close, I definitely smell lilies.

Dry on skin: It's faded significantly, but strong enough for me to get a good whiff. It alternately smells of fruitiness and lilies.

Verdict: I will probably end up buying a full bottle of this. It's a very girly, pretty scent.

For some odd reason, last fall, I decided to give Prague a try, as I would be traveling to it's namesake. I have no idea what prompted the temporary insanity, as I am not a floral person and florals don't care much for me either.

So. I gave Prague ago anyway....and ATTACK OF THE FLORALS!

Seriously - my nose was so displeased with me. Prague latched on and would not let go. It's just very, very very florally. I could really, really pick out the lillies. It's far too girly for me and far too floral.

After I sneezed for 30 minutes straight, Prague started going soapy on me. So then, instead of smelling flowers...I got soapy flowers.

Needless to say, the imp of Prague found a new home extremely quickly.

And I'm really, really glad that the city of Prague doesn't smell like the oil.

Prague-

In Bottle: Oh, what a huge fruity scent comes from this bottle! Light and berry-like, and just ethereal.

Wet: Prettily berry-floral. So light and fragrant!

Dry: Oh, it goes to a quick fade! There's still a lovely berry hint of it a few minutes later; I'll watch and see...This didn't stay around all that long, but while it did, it was lovely. I'll wear it when I don't want something too clingy and cloying all day.

Overall: I love; wish it lasted a bit longer.

In the bottle, it smelled very floral and nice.

On me, this became a very pleasant light floral scent. Not very strong, and it didn't last very long, but, it was very pleasant to wear. This is the sort of scent you need when you're needing a rest from a long, stressful day.

i ordered prague ages ago, and really thought i'd like it. and it is very pretty...a nice springy scent. i've since realized that i don't really like straight up florals (except for rose....), esp if they contain lily. but that's not prague's fault!

:P

This is another of my favorite scents. It is soooo lovely. It's a sweet floral (crocus?). It's springy, but not overpowering. It reminds me of a field of crocus in the snow (although not minty or anything you might associate with snow). It really gets my spirits up! :D

A very wistful, refreshing and clean, floral scent. Not at all overpowering or too strong. I rather like this scent. I'll be buying a bottle of it eventually, but it's not a right-away must-have for me. This is just a very refreshing scent as lily usually is really heady on me... this is just perfect and wonderful.

This is my new favorite GC scent for the moment that I do not own. I totally loved it right out of the bottle. It made me happy happy on first sniff. On my skin wet very fruity and then dryed down to more floral. It warms my heart to smell this smell. It is very close to Pool Of Tears on my list of non foodie scents I adore. SQUEEE!

Normally I don't snif the imp as it's not a good way for me to tell if it'll work. Plus it makes me so sad if it DOESN'T work but smells yummy in the bottle.

This one jumped right out when I opened the cap. Lovely fruits.

In bottle: Cool fruity spring time flowers, pine.

Wet and drying down: Ah fer Christsakes, a floral note is turning sharp on me, like usual. It quickly went to the background and what I smell the most is a piney flower which is nice. I wonder if it's the lillies mixing strangly with something else. Something smells almost grapey. This just smells kind of sharp, powdery and gross from whatever is disagreeing with me. :P

Dry: Icey grape, and a sharp powdery floral underneath. It was nice in the bottle. :D

Prague

In the imp: soft, sweet, sugared flowers covered in melon juice and honeydew nectar. So pretty!

Wet on skin: this is gorgeous, like melon-scented spring blooms with dew and hints of green!

Dry on skin: what a pretty fragrance this is! it's a fresh, bright, sweet floral scent, light and dainty, with an unusually melon like overtone to it. I smell hints of greenish lily of the valley and maybe calla lily, but it's mainly a mix of flowers I can't identify with melon. It reminds me of Flower Moon, but dewier and greener. The snowdrops and crocuses I'm familiar with have no scent, so I'm not sure what I'm smelling here other than the lilies and maybe the leaves of the flowers, other than it's a lovely scent.

After a while: hmm, I'm not sure about it a little while later. This is just skin chemistry speaking so don't take this review badly. The flowers start to smell rotten, with a slight undertone of rancid sweat. It's not obvious but I smell it as a kind of funky 'after-smell' after the initial hit of candied flowers which is rather distracting.

This 'funky' undertone fades and then returns every now and then-there are times when this smells like a lovely light flowery scent, like fragile spring blooms (the melon like scent has faded), but at other times it smells 'off' on me.

The drydown is a soft dry petal scent, of pale sweet fruity lilies and papery flowers.

Verdict: I'm torn with this scent. It starts off with the most gorgeous scent of sugared flowers, like the sweetest nectar over the most delicate flowers, the smell of petals dusted over sugar sprinkled melons. But then, something in here turns bad. At first I dismiss it but then I can't ignore the slight, yet noticeable undertone of rotten flowers under that lovely layer of sugared petals. I have no idea what caused this reaction-it can't be the lilies since the worst they do is go soapy, but not rotten. Maybe it's snowdrop or crocus? I don't know but it spoils what could have been a gorgeous springtime floral scent. It reminds me of the reaction I got with the Hermit, a very pretty floral scent which smelt rather 'off' at drydown. I could try this again at another point in my cycle, or keep it for locket wear only, but for now I'm putting it in my swap pile. Shame really, it was so promising at the start.

Emoticon rating: starts off :D but then becomes :P

Is it a keeper? Not sure. I love the wet/just dry scent but that weird scent it has on me is offputting.

If you like this, try: Flower Moon, Yemaya, Danube, Rosalind, Leanan Sidhe, the Hermit

Note: End of cycle. Imp fresh from the Lab.

In the bottle: Very sweet. I think the crocus and perhaps the snowdrop are coming out the most. It smells very much like the taste of honeysuckle nectar.

On me: The sweetness dies back some & I get more of what I would deem an aquatic feel. The crocus is definitely still speaking up, but the rest more smooth & unidentifiable.

1 hour+ later: I think it sweetened back up a little, but crocus stays as the top note. It doesn't have a ton of staying power, but it does get a little more throw than it has initially.

CROCUS. Evil, evil crocus.

Actually, I have no idea what crocus actually smells like, but this was the same note that made Vinland smell downright nasty on me, and the only note the two share. I was thinking something more along the lines of Amsterdam, but...

CROCUS. God, it smells funky on me. :P

I got an imp of Prague as a freebie with either a Lab order or a swap a long time ago, during the phase in which I turned up my nose at florals. I kept it but didn't try it for a while. Then I saw a post from someone saying something like "Prague is the perfect reminder that it's spring!" and since it was one of the first few days of spring I decided to give it a whirl.

Whoever said that was right -- Prague is absolutely perfect for March and April. I think I wore it for at least four days in a row in late March last year. It is definitely floral, no doubt about it, but it smells so hopeful and soft that I couldn't resist it, even though I usually dislike florals.

I don't wear Prague in the fall or winter at all, but in another 6 weeks or so it's going to be in heavy rotation on my wear list.