Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Moscow

A rich, bold blend of imperial rose, carnation, lush jasmine, lily of the valley, dark musk, amber, bergamot and gilded tangerine.

Exotic. A little spicy, a little floral, a sparkle of citrus--but not too overwhelming on any of the three. Even the jasmine is barely a whisper for me, and the tangerine shines through more with more sparkle than I was expecting. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a lot of staying power on me; all this loveliness ebbs away in just minutes, even after a luxurious slathering.

Florals and citrus, this scent is one of the few that I honestly wish I naturally smelled like. It's womanly and glorious. It's a traditional perfume scent to incontroveribly addict anyone who might still be holding onto their diluted designer blends. I'm tempted to share this one with all my friends, it's just that lovely.

This is a very rich, heavy floral. It's very well blended, and I can't pick out the notes. I don't smell any jasmine! How odd.

In the bottle - First the lily and jasmine and then something green and then the bergamot spring to the attention.

Wet on me - A high floral scent that I don't recognise backed by a soft sweetness.

Dry on me - Lily, rose and jasmine all take their turns before ending in a softly sweet powdered skin scent,

Overall - I like the final dry down, but it's hours before the blend becomes something I'd wear.

I think I got this imp because of the dark musk, amber, and tangerine. However, I failed to notice the plethora of florals :P . My nemesis jasmine ended up completely taking over this scent- nothing else but jasmine :D . But to give Moscow credit, the jasmine wasn't as perfumey and sharp as in some other blends.

I love carnation, and it comes out nicely in this blend. Lily of the Valley is another favorite floral, and even with the influence of the Jasmine I can still discern it.

I like this, and find it almost masculine. It would be very interesting on a guy.

In the bottle: Floral and...dry?

Wet: Mmm. Very...imperial-smelling. The tangerine doesn't overwhelm, thank goodness.

Drydown: This is very regal-smelling! I love it - florals and musk and tangerine.

While wearing: What a lovely blend, I really adore this. It does remind me of walking down a street in Moscow, even though I've never been. The blends are all so evocative, and this is no exception. The tangerine comes more to the forefront and then drifts off again. I love the lily of the valley and the rose. Just gorgeous.

Citrus and musk! Whooo! And... floral... Eh. Come one, jasmine, leave this one alone.

In the vial - This smells EXACTLY how I want it to. Musk and bergamont and amber. Yum.

Wet - 'Rine and amber. YUM.

Drying - Erg, jasmine and lily coming out. Taking over. Arg.

Dry (45 minutes) - The jasmine has drowned out EVERYTHING other than the rose and maybe the barest hint of lily. The amber is a tiny hint of soap, but my 'rine and bergamont are gone, gone, gone.

Overall - And arg, wouldn't you know it's a leaky imp. I just suffer every time something has jasmine in it and so very much does. :P Poopy.

Moscow-

In Bottle: Faint and floral. Hard to smell anything, really.

Wet: Very lightly floral, a little sour. Rose does that to me sometimes.

Dry: All I get is rose and maybe a little hint of citrus. And it's faint. This is gone in a very short time.

Overall: Unexciting.

A frimp that just didn't work for me -- rose is always too soapy. There was an interesting candy-type note here too, but not enough to overcome the rose.

I love carnation, bergamot, musk, and tangerine. But I can't smell any of those here. The rose is amping as usual on me, and turning into soapy powdery old lady. I'm sure those of you without such weird skin chemistries will love this one, but I'll have to find a new home for it.

I like this one.

Very strong on the rose and the jasmine. It has a memory of a elderly ladies perfume for me. Though I can't recall the name of it.

Moscow is a luxurious floral bouquet, but is mostly rose.

I've decided to avoid the Wanderlust perfume because most of them are just too loud and complex.

This smelled like florals with a tiny bit of spice in the bottle (mostly carnation and jasmine) but when I put it on - I smelled like smoky tea. Not in a good way... I didn't detect the musk, and I kind of felt like I smelled like a floral candle that had been blown out.

Not my thing, but it was nice to try.

MOSCOW

In Bottle: Fruit and rose

On Skin: The rose is the strongest note in this scent at first… but then the jasmine takes over completely. It is very sweet and the lily of the valley starts to come out, very shy, but still making an appearance. I don’t really smell the carnation, a note that usually doesn’t work on me. The musk and amber play a beautiful role as dark and velvety notes that sneak in between the florals. I can’t smell the tangerine at all though. I could in the bottle, but on my skin it gets eaten up completely. About a half hour into drydown the carnation finally makes it’s way through. It is very much a floral scent, but not a bright one. It’s more muted and soft… It has a medium throw and great wearlength.

imp: amber and some orangeyness~

skin: HELLO JASMINE MY LUFF.

i don't really have anything else to say.........after that jasmine kicks in on me, that's all i get other than some rose. jasmine LOVES my skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BLEND!!!

Something in here is going very sour on me. This smells a bit neroli-ish to me, but that's not listed. I think probably what I'm getting most is the bergamot and tangerine. Some of my "evil" florals are in here (rose, jasmine), but I'm not really getting them here. Not getting lily of the valley and barely getting amber. This will go on to someone who will appreciate it more than I do.

In the imp: Florals!

Wet on my skin: Eeek, jasmine overload! Jasmine isn't one of my favorites under any circumstances, so this is really not a good scent for me.

Drydown: The jasmine has calmed, thank goodness. Now this is a nicely balanced blend of jasmine, rose, carnation, and bergamot on me. I don't get any tangerine or musk. I'm getting a hint of powder, which is probably the amber.

Overall: The wet stage was a jasmine-fueled disaster, but the drydown wasn't bad at all. Moscow isn't a blend that I would really ever wear, but I can definitely see the appeal, especially to fans of soft powdery florals.

I got this as an imp from a friend who insisted I would love it...

...and so I did. Carnation loves me and I love it back. Moscow is a rich floral, spicy yet aquatic (or snowy maybe) if that makes any sense. The rose and jasmine are well-balanced by the amber and carnation, and the citrus did NOT go to kitchen cleaner on me like it usually does.

Verdict: Bottle-worthy.

This is a gorgeous scent, but very much not me. :P

It smells like a sophisticated, expensive perfume... predominantly floral, but warmed by amber and musk, and with the fruit notes offsetting the florals nicely. Though alas, not enough to stop my skin from amping them all to hell.

I almost feel like I'm repeating my review of Versailles here, since I had fairly similar reactions to both of them, but I would probably really like this one if my skin didn't amp florals (especially rose and jasmine) so much. I can smell just enough of the other notes to get an idea of how beautiful this scent could be... on someone else. So it's kind of an exercise in frustration.

Bottom line: lovely, but not on me.

Grade: B-

this is mostly a spicy rose (from the carnation?) with amber and bergamot. thankfully i dont get too much jasmine! everything else is blended well and doesn't jump out at me. it reminds me of love in the asylum a bit, but is less spicy and more subtle. i love spicy rose scents, so this works great for me. :P

Whoa. WHOA. This is gorgeous. And miraculous...Guys, I do not like amber, and can't wear jasmine, and Moscow just doesn't care.

This rich, beautiful smell reminds me of the Amber Room, which, yes, is in St. Petersburg not Moscow, but I think captures the intense spirit and regal beauty of the scent -- a warming, golden orange amber with the winter spike of tangerine, the dark afternoon tea-scent of bergamot. After a few minutes the rose and lily peek out, lending a sweetness and deceptive fragility.

I think I detect a hint of jasmine at times, but it is faint and fleeting, and never realizes the true evil that jasmine can become for me. Ohhh, thank you, thank you Moscow.

I am testing this as part of the Wanderlust circular swap, and though I will have to pass this particular imp along, I will certainly be getting my own. I would get a bottle, but I don't trust that jasmine not to stage a coup. We'll see.

In vial: carnation, bergamot, and juicy tangerine

wet: florals and light citrus. Tons of rich flowers. Jasmine and carnation.

drydown: Rich is the best word to describe this. It's floral, but there's just a luscious feeling to it. The tangerine is quite strong now, but not too overpowering. I like this.

Uh oh...I should have known there'd be trouble for me, seeing as carnation is the second note listed. :P

Carnation makes everything turn to spicy dust on me, but I'm sure this blend would be lovely on someone with the right chemistry...it sounds so gorgeous.