Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A raven-haired Fairy Queen of Ireland. One of her eternal duties dictates that she must hold a midnight court every season and hear the pleas of married Irishwomen. The court serves only to determine whether or not husbands are adequately serving their wife’s sexual needs. A judicious yet powerfully sensual blend, a mingling of justice and sexuality: sage, sweet pea, bold pale musk and warm tonka.

Smells like a kitchen garden, green and sweet and herbal. It's a young woman's sent, I think, attractive and pleasing and vaguely floral, but not in a negative sense. It Smells like outdoors, and spring and freshness. It doesn't make me think of sexuality though. It is lovely, but not for me.Smells like a kitchen garden, green and sweet and herbal. It's a young woman's sent, I think, attractive and pleasing and vaguely floral, but not in a negative sense. It Smells like outdoors, and spring and freshness. It doesn't make me think of sexuality though. It is lovely, but not for me.

In the imp: sweet, sharp, clear, and green.

Wet on me: This smells like something from Seduction in the Panacea series! It's a sweet but slightly cloying, almost solvent-like note. I had blamed it on ylang-ylang before, but could it be sweet pea? This is by no means a bad scent.

After a few minutes: Intensely sweet with a sparkly, almost magical edge to it. Very much a fae scent. Beth, how do you do it? The sweet pea is intense.

Drydown: Seduction was a fragrance that I initially took a strong dislike to, and then later it grew on me and I ended up deciding not to sell or swap my bottle. If I'd tried Aeval a few months ago I have a feeling I would have found it yucky, but now that my nose has got around that particular floral note (and it's almost certainly sweet pea) I'm enjoying the Aeval experience. Sweet pea is a strong, honey-sweet, almost cloying floral, but if you're a fan then you will love Aeval. The sweet pea here is balanced by sensual creamy notes and it's absolutely delightful.

I feel like I should write 2 reviews on Aeval but I won't and the reason is this...

I received an imp of this a long time ago, and fell in love so ordered a bottle straight away, when the bottle arrived it was a completley different scent and I mean COMPLETLEY!

So I'll write my review on the bottle I have and not the imp...for the record the bottle is still lovely..but nothing like what I was hoping for. I want a bottle of whatever is in the imp, if I could find it I would hunt it down and but lots lol.

So...Aeval to me smells quite melony. It doesn't really smell green, maybe only slightly but it's more of a fruity smell that's ever so slightly floral.

It doesn't change during drydown much.

It IS very fresh and something that a younger person should wear, maybe even a teenager.

I can smell the tonka a tiny bit but the most predominant note is something like melons as I said, is that the Sweet Pea?I'm not familiar with how it smells.

Overall I would say that this is a scent to wear during the day, not a nightime scent and that's because it's very bright and fun!

Sorry, bad review but...I'm a bit heartbroken hehe:(

This to me smells exactly like Bath and Body works Sweet Pea. I don't get any of the other notes. A nice, pleasant Spring smell, but for the price and lasting power, I think I would go with B&BW.

I smelled this in Shelldoo's shop and absolutely loved it on my skin, so I bought a bottle. Yet when I put on oil from my own bottle, it smelled different. From the tester bottle it smelled very sweet pea, which is one of my favorite notes. My bottle smells like a mixture of lavender and chamomile, a bit of sunscreen, and a little of the bold, pale musk. Very different. So I think I will age this to see if aging it is what makes the sweet pea come forth. It's a very relaxing scent, but part of it reminds me of sunscreen. So if it doesn't age properly, I will either keep it to mix it with other oils that need softening or give it away to somebody who appreciates it better than I. :P

In the imp: Very, very sweet and floral, with a haze of warm, herbal scent about the edges. When people describe this scent as smelling like a garden, it is very apt.

Wet: The sweetpea comes to the forefront, resonating with a very strong sweetness. It seems like a feminine scent, but one that is more sweetly seductive than powerful and sensual.

Dry: The other notes return; I can definitely smell the musk, and I am assuming that warm tone that envelopes it is the tonka? Now I begin to see why this scent is named after such a fae. It sneaks up on you, but once you become aware of its power it is inescapable, and a little overwhelming.

Verdict: It's very interesting; certainly not a bad mix of scents by any means. I don't know if I would go for a whole bottle of this...I'll be wanting to try other floral-type scents and see how those strike me. It will definitely be a standard that I compare the others to.

Initial Impression: sweet pea, sage

On Wet: musk, sage, sweet pea

On Dry: sweet pea and musk

Final Impression: I really wish the sage stuck around, it made the scent more interesting.

Rating (on a scale from 1-5): 2.5

With the exception of a select few, I am not a big floral fan. Aeval doesn't smell like a floral on my skin. It is crisp, clear and very addictive.

Wet...Definitely smell the sage and the musk, but not a whiff of sweet pea or tonka.

Dry...The tonka eases in and makes everything creamy, while the sage keeps it a bit sharp. That probably doesn't help you, but there you have it.

I love this scent completely. I just received my imp of it yesterday, and already it is about half gone. I put it everywhere. All of my hats are covered and I find myself compulsively sniffing myself. My heavy hand is definitely due to my enjoyment, because it has lots of staying power on my skin and wafts beautifully.

Amazing.

I have to say.. Aeval is just gorgeous.. truly and utterly just.. gorgeous.. it has been a while since I have really been all about a scent and this one.. just swept me off my feet! It is a strong scent, despite some notes that, in my mind atleast, get associated with being maybe more.. subtle. Sweet pea likes to amp on me.. a lot.. to the point of often being overbearing. In Aeval, the sweet pea is there but it is completely kept in check by the sage.. I usually can't do musky blends either but the musk is mingled with the tonka so well.. it is a strong, sexy blend on me.. it smells outdoorsy without smelling like wood and.. it is just lovely.

Definitely a feminine scent, but at the same time, it's more of a "I am woman, hear me roar!" kind of feminine. :P Like a perfume you would smell on a woman who isn't going to take shit from anybody. Definitely feels empowering.

Rating: 7/10

In the vial: candied flowers and soapy suds

On my skin: reminiscent of Arachne, however waxing soap-y and clay-y

Later: Boring. Soap and spiderwebs. Going rubbery. Don't worry, lasses! It's most likely just my skin.

Definitely not for me though.

In the bottle, it smells of sage and herbs. I get a strong throw of mint, which might be the sweet pea. There's a sweetness to this perfume that is a little much. Too much throw.

This reminds me of a softer version of Leanan Sidhe. It still has the wonderful green, wet scent of the Irish countryside with a sweet note to it.

On my skin it sweetens and mellows and picks up a little bit of tang to offset the green.

It has good staying power and medium throw. It's a wonderful daytime scent for everyday on me. I only had to smell it once in the imp and on my skin and I NEEDED a bottle.

this was was light and turned into a floral massacre.

i wish i could wear florals without having it give me a headache and turn to mush.

my hopes are high because this is a fae blend, but low because none of the fae blends i've tried have worked on me thus far :P so let's see how this goes...

in the imp: sweet, musky, slightly lemony. nice!

wet on skin: i think i'm smelling the sweet pea, because it smells 'green' and sweet at the same time. unusual, but nice :D

dry down: hmmm. the sweet pea and lemon aspect is, unfortunately, turning to dish soap on me :cry1:

in all: for someone else with the chemistry for it, this will be a keeper. me? i guess i'm still looking :sigh:

So many soaps try to smell fresh and clean, that when I smell Aeval, which is both very fresh and very clean smelling, I want to think of soap. It isn't that Aeval smells like soap, it's just that the soaps want to smell like Aeval. I suspect this "fresh" smell is a combination of the sage and sweet pea, because I've smelled sweet pea in other blends without that perception. When the oil has dried down, the pale musk comes out, and it really is a pale musk, not a white one. I don't smell the tonka in and of itself, but I think it is supporting the other notes. Aeval makes me think of dewy grasses and flowers, maybe with some moonlight from the musk.

Mmmm! I love this in the imp. I don't really notice the musk so much, but I looove those other three notes!

Oooo, this is the kind of herbal I like! The sweat pea is the strongest note, which is fine with me because I adore sweat pea! This is a gorgeous blend!

Darn it, another to add to the bottle list :P

Edited by Suu4LC

In the imp: Wow, this is very different from what I remember. I tried Aeval early in my BPAL days, maybe two years ago now, and though the imp I got was used and not a brand new Lab frimp like this one, I'm amazed at how different it smelled. I know it wasn't mislabeled because it did smell very strongly of sweet pea. Unfortunately, I can't handle too much sweet pea as it can smell sharp and almost acrid to me in the same way (though not quite as bad) as orange blossom does. However, this doesn't smell at all like I'm used to sweet pea smelling. Instead, it reminds me very much of one of those conditioners that comes in a little tube inside a box of hair dye. This is a good thing because I love the smell of practically every hair dye conditioner I've ever tried. They're generally very fresh and clean-smelling (I guess to counteract the stinky hair dye) and this is the same way. It's a very light, clear, almost soapy scent. I can smell the pale musk, lovely and clean. I don't smell sage specifically, but I can sort of "feel" it--it's adding to the sense of clean, light purity. And I guess the light floral that's tying this all together is sweet pea, smelling very different than I'm used to.

Wet: The same, although now I think I can smell the tonka very faintly. I wouldn't say it's grounding this scent, because it is very much an airy, evanescent blend that is not the slightest bit grounded, but it's adding some depth. The musk is exquisite, precisely the sort of clean, light musk I love. My only problem with this scent is the soapy edge. It's not bad, not soapy the way rose frequently turns to strong soap on me, more of just a fresh scent that you'd expect from soap. But it's so pretty. I've finally got the word that's been teasing my brain, the perfect word to describe this scent: it's translucent. I keep picturing sunlight shining through wafer-thin frosted glass, or a lacy, fragile fairy's wing. I know the Fairy Folk aren't the same as the way we now imagine fairies, tiny people with delicate wings, but this does remind me of the modern idea of fairies.

Dry: Oh lord. This is beautiful wet, but it's unbelievably PERFECT when it's dry! It's exactly the kind of musk I love, soft and clean and light but still sexy as hell. I was just wishing for a nice, clean, pale musk scent today and none of my usual favorites was quite what I wanted. This is it! I can't believe that the first imp I tried was so different! This doesn't seem to have any of the sharpness I usually associate with sweet pea, just a soft, light floral. If I sniff very closely, I can catch a bit of sharpness, but it's more of the clean, soapy sharpness I get from the sweet pea in The Pool of Tears. (At least, that one smells like it's got sweet pea to me, though it's not listed in the description.) And now that it's dry, the sage has come out a bit more to add a dry, serious side to this otherwise completely airy scent. Yet it's still airy, just a touch more herbal. Now it's more like what I would imagine a Woman of Fairy (as opposed to a modern "fairy") would smell like. Oh, wow, I LOVE this stuff! If the update we're expecting this week isn't too rough on my wallet, I'm ordering a bottle. I can tell that I'll be wearing this a lot come summer. :P

Sniffing the imp, I’m a bit dumbfounded because it seems to have a “tropical,” fruity smell, but I am way ignorant about notes :P . Wet: Sweet. Still seems tropical fruity. Maybe that’s how I’m interpreting the sage and/or sweet pea? Dry-down: Now this is softening to a somewhat herbal, floral smell. THAT’S the sage and sweet pea. What was the tropical smell, then? Tonka? I wish I were more note-literate :D . I like this soft scent. I’m beginning to think that my body likes to amp up strong musk, so I hope this won’t happen here. About 15 minutes after applying, I’ve still got a nice herbal, floral smell. Within about two hours, this has all but vanished on me, but I still adore it. I'm tempted to buy myself a bottle and just slather it :D

I really wanted to like this because I'm looking for something light and spring-y, but on me it was just way too floral. I left it on hoping that the tonka would balance it out, but no luck. I think it would be pretty on someone that liked florals, but they're just not for me.

I have to say that sweet pea on me is one aggressive note. From wet, until about 15 minutes into the drydown, all I can smell is the sweet pea. After that, its a weird mix of sage and sweet pea.

Yup, not for me.

Wow! This is really nice; it's like springtime with a twist. I love the way the sweet pea and musk (the predominant notes) mix with the sage and tonka. This is really hard to describe but I really love it. I can't think of any other scents that are quite like this so it's worth checking out.

Okay, so I haven't tested a lot of imps lately, and I've collected a bunch over the last several months through various swaps, purchases, frimpage and so on. I couldn't even tell where I got most of them at this point, because I've lost track.

So, I grab a handful and start swiping them here and there. One of the first up, Aeval.

Excuse me for a moment.

:D :D :)

Ahem. I just had to get that out of my system. This is an amazing, awesome, totally unexpected surprise. Although I do love musk, there wasn't anything else in the description that would have necessarily attracted me. The blend is so good, I can't distinguish one note from another. The floral from the sweet pea is definitely there, and the grounding coming from the sage, I'm sure, and definitely the musk, along with the tonka, but they're all so synergistic, I'm just overwhelmed by the loveliness.

I forgot to add, I'm so impressed with how this can be so subtle that I'm going to be able to wear it as daywear, and yet, it is dead-sexy at the same time. Perfect, perfect! :P

This will definitely be a big/multiple bottle purchase, and soars into my Top Ten as soon as I figure out who to bump!

Edited by Peaches

Pleasant enough, I suppose, but not for me.

Imp: Very faint.

Wet: sweet. lightly floral.

Dry: sweet floral, possibly some musk.

Another imp from my newbie pack from Tartchef

Imp:kind of astringenty but sweet. Love

smelling the pale musk peeking out.

Wet on me: light musk & Sweet pea. Lovely

and fresh

Drying Down: a light floral-y musky sweet pea.

Dry:Light floral loveliness I feel very feminine

and girlie wearing this.

Throw & Stay:Too short for me. Wish it lasted

a little bit longer

This is something that goes on the bottle list.