Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Juke Joint

A bawdy, gleefully wicked and unruly scent: Kentucky Bourbon, sugar and a sprig of mint.

In bottle: Sugar and mint mostly. I’m surprised there is no juniper. The mint is strong enough for me not to risk skin testing. It’s not bad for a mint blend though.

Slightly boozy MINT. REALLY MINT.

I love it wet - it really does smell like a well-made mint julep.

On me, it's GONE. One minute flat. I guess my skin wanted a drink!

i was frimped this and i don't think i tried it before chucking it in my imp box. from the name, i just assumed it was a boozy scent i'd hate. well, i've been sorting, and i was preparing to choose a GC to add to my order, and randomly picked this up. i actually gasped when i sniffed it, because i couldn't believe i'd ignored something so amazing!!!

sweet, smoky, mint. no bourbon at all, thankfully. kinda smells like a mint chocolate crackle, even though i know there's no chocolate listed.

i love this so much, and i'm glad i was placing the order right after testing. =)

Wet on the skin, this is a boozy mint. Thankfully the alcohol seems to evaporate and it turns into mint sugar. It's not a candied though - definitely the scent of crushed mint leaves. Very nice, and a good alternative (on me, at least) to LE mint scents.

I got frimped with this in my last order and was almost terrified to try it. It smells like awful perfumed soap in the vial to me, and I figured it had to be something floral. I looked up the description, and decided to give it a try despite first impresssions. When I first put it on, it was lovely sugary mint, then something kinda musky and skin scented came out, if that makes any sense. Now it's a very, very subtle minty skin. I wish the strong mint sugar smell had stuck around, but still this is way better than I thought it would be and I'm definitely glad I got an imp.

This scent is very simple on me.

It goes from a very very faint mint, to a sugared sandalwood within minutes and then dissapears.

It's yummy sandalwood while it's here, but then it's gone.

:(

OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE!

*Ahem* Sorry. :blush:

My mint obsession is still going strong it seems and this is Wooonderfully refreshing and sweet.

Wet: It's mint and sort of herbal and sharp. Minty Cologne.

Drying: After a few moments, something sweeter and smoother begins to emerge. It reminds me of rose but this may very well be the sugar. At this point I can still smell the mint.

Dry: Sweet sugar and the same rosy note. I'm not sure if this is the mint but there is a coolness that is nearly aquatic though it retains its warmth. I don't know what bourbon smells like but I know the lab's alcohol notes usually amp to high heaven (in a bad way) with my chemistry so I don't think that is it. It kind of resembles vanilla in its sweet glow but its not quite as rich and not really foody either. Ohh I know what it reminds me of, black tea with rose! It has the scent of an iced tea with three spoons of sugar and a soft floral.

As time passes it becomes smoky. This is literally the ONLY scent I've ever put on to go strong for 9.5 hours of work on my skin. Half way through the day I got a comment on it from someone. That is very unusual for me at the rate my chemistry burns off scents.

I really love this and if it works out the next few times I test it then I see a bottle in my future!! Seems like I'm scoring with my recent GC imps :D

In the imp, I'm getting sugar and booze, and maybe a bit of mint in there; we'll see how it plays on my skin. Once on, it's pretty much the same, and not all that appealing on my skin. We'll see how this goes. Ends up being a really sharp scent, I can't quite place my finger on what it reminds me of, but it's not good. Washing it off now.

Edited by Venneh

Chocolate liquor mint truffles. This is what I smell like.

Sophisticated, rich and gorgeous. This is love.

In imp: sharp scent

Wet: It hits the notes listed exactly: bourbon, sugar and mint. Curious to see how this dries down on my skin…

Drydown: I was afraid of this—my skin is amping the booze, making this turn rather nasty. Washing off.

The mint burns off pretty quickly, and I wish more of it would stay behind. But what's left is still nice -- slightly boozy, woody and sweet. I had to come double check the notes, and I'm a little surprised theres no wood listed.

In the imp, I get bourbon with just a hint of mint. Alcoholic, but not overpowering. Pretty much the same on my skin. Just okay. I can't say I'm a massive fan of bourbon, but the scent is alright. Not something I'd buy.

Frimp from the lab. In the imp: Sweet mint. Much of the same, without a slight boozy undertone. I'm not a big fan of mint, but I'm hoping the other notes will come to the foreground soon. Dry: No, no. The boozy notes have gone and it's still sweet mint. Which is fine if you like it, but I don't, really. As far as mints go, this is a very fresh, tempered mint, it doesn't jump at you.

Edit: All right. Well. Colour me wrong. Upset that a scent I liked the sound of so much turned out so poorly, I put it on again and this time really let it dry - a few hours or so. Gone is most of the mint! Oh, lovely! Sweet, sweet bourbon and something herbal but no in-your-face mint. Who knew? Still too bright to really work for me but a hundred times better than the first time. Gorgeous smell!

Edited by voorishsign

Wet: fresh mint leaves

Dry: powdery sweet (the sugar?) with a tiny hint of bourbon and no mint

What a disappointment! I really wanted the boubon scent, would even have liked a pure bourbon, so I was hoping I'd get lots of bourbon, a modicum of mint and little to no sugar from this. Alas, pretty much all I get is powdery sweetness. If I really snort it in, I detect a little bourbon, but that's it. Phooey!

Just got this one and I was praying that it worked for me. Happily, it does!

In the imp: Spicy-sweetness, more bourbon than mint.

Wet: Still bourbon and mint, but a little more mint than bourbon.

Dry: A light powdery mint with just a hint of the sharpness of the bourbon and a touch of sweetness that I really like.This one is definitely a keeper for me. =)

Edited by Hominivorax

Sweet herbaly mint with a slight alcoholic tinge. A very fun smell, but not quite sure where I could wear it. I don't think my boss would like me smelling like alcohol... :lol:

This is awesome at first, a boozy mint scent that reminds me of mojitos, which I love... but unfortunately I'm one of the people who gets nothing but baby powder from it on the drydown. :(

At the wet stage, my skin seems to gobble it up. There is a faint smell of woods, with some kind of alcohol in there. My nose swears there's some kind of mint, but I can't really register it. After looking at the notes, I can barely smell the mint but the scorched effect from what sugar does on m skin is morphing into kind of a licorice smell. As it dries the minty licorice scent still lingers. Nothing that blows me away, but nothing too bad. Glad I got to try it.

First application of this went from HELLO MINT JULEP to, "...what the hell? Myrrh?" But I think I may have just been trying out too many scents that day. (It was "try everything" day and I had... a lot.)

Second application on fresh skin a few days later went from HELLO MINT JULEP to, "Why, hello there, Mr. Julep. Would you like to sit with me on the porch? No, no, I don't mind -- just take the rocking chair. Can I get you something to drink? Oh! Did you get to see the Derby this year? It will never be as good as the year with Secretariat..."

Fresh, herbal mint; the soft kick of Maker's Mark; and even tiny granules of sugar that didn't quite dissolve in the mixing. You can almost hear the ice clink against the frosted metal cup.

Then I got a wild hair and layered it with Miskatonic University (that smells like pipe tobacco and sugar cookies on me... don't ask, I have no idea), and suddenly it was two old gentlemen sipping their drinks, puffing cigars, and staring longingly at the crumbs of homemade vanilla pound cake while discussing their favorite old books.

Edited by mjules

This smells of a dark, somewhat astringent sugar and amber combination in the vial; the astringency perhaps being a mix of the bourbon and mint which are sharp on the nose, floating over a dark sugar - not a sweet sugary scent, but something smelling more like brown sugar. On my skin, this morphs into a mark darker scent as the sharp edge disappears and becomes more manly, and turns into a smell which could almost be called savoury rather than boozy, yet it retains the same backing of brown sugar beneath it all. After a few hours it smells of a soft and slightly sweet amber, with a hint of its former masculineness.

I've never had a mint julep, so I have no idea if this smells like one. I got it as a frimp from someone else, and could tell from sniffing it from the bottle that it was more of a dude scent, but I wasn't really impressed. I gave it to my SO, but damn...it smells freaking amazing on him! I can't describe it, but it's just got a warm, masculine kind of smell to it with a hint of sweetness. I absolutely love it on him-I'll definitely be ordering a bottle in the near future.

dead on mint julep. There's not really much more I can add. I got this as a frimp from the lab or I most likely never would have tried it as smelling like bourbon (or mint, for that matter) isn't really my thing, but I'm amazed at how dead on this is. Bourbon, mint leaves, sweetened with sugar... Still not my thing, but if you like alcohol scents, definitely give this one a try!

Oh my gosh- the way this unfolds is crazy!!!

At first it is very wet and herbally- like a damp, humid forest with decaying wood. Definitely some sandalwood going on. I kept sniffing and wondering "where is the mint?" Then all of a sudden -POW- minty goodness! Hazy, mind-altering, numbing mint! Almost antiseptic.

It feels a little too cool and masculine for me to wear, but it smells amazing nonetheless!