Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
quimerula

Lily of the Valley

This is a lovely single note indeed!

It's green and fresh, but still delicate and very "clean".

This single note is very true to the flower's perfume, and keeps being true once in my skin.

It doesn't vanish quickly, quite the opposite, actually.

I'm glad I've bought two imps, otherwise I would be regretting it just now.

119809456.jpg

BPAL blends which include Lily of the Valley (as opposed to Calla Lily, Cobra, Fairy, Stargazer, Water, White, etc) as one of it's ingredients:

All Saints, Belle Epoque, Dragon's Eye, Endymion, Hakkotsu, Hymn, Noir, Queen of Hearts, Moscow, Spectre, Suspiro, Wings of Azrael.

In the bottle

Another gorgeous, soft floral.

On

So lovely, and more soft, feminine and rounded than the jasmine even.

30 minutes

I can't describe Lily of the Valley properly. I'm trying to think of a blend that it brings to mind and I can't. So at the risk of sounding sarcastic it smells like lovely bridal bouquets. Beautifully soft fresh feminine not what I'd call strong or cloying or too sweet, it's just right in all areas for a floral.

Throw:

Great bit of throw, yes.

Scent category:

Floral

Summary

It's similar to a soft jasmine but this is more sunshine and fresh air-like and less sensual. :P

Purchase again?

Yes! A 10ml.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

5 This is another winner.

Edited by UltraViolet

I decided to try on Lily of the Valley today, just because I had nothing better to do and was feeling adventurous. I was pretty sure that it would just turn to soap on my skin, as most lily scents do.

I am so pleasantly surprised :D

This is the sort of floral that smells so good that it actually makes me hungry. It's sweet, but not overly so. Soft, but still has a lot of throw and is noticeable for hours. It's green and fresh, but not sharp or cold. This is such a perfect floral (and, again, I normally hate florals... BPAL's florals do wonderful things to me).

In the drydown, this becomes a touch powdery, but is still sweet, fresh, and gorgeous. It doesn't go soapy or give me a headache at all.

I would actually get several bottles of this one if it were available. :P

Okay, so this at the beginning smelled like floral varnish. And then after five minutes, it was almost a juicy, fruity sort of lily. And then, it has dried to a delicate, white lily scent. Definitely lily of the valley, as of now three hours in the drydown it smells like my husband's maternal grandparents garden where they have a bajillion lilies of the valley, almost like a ground cover.

Lovely.

Very clean, almost soapy. There is an undertone to this that I don't much appreciate. It's sort of brown musky, dirty socks sort of thing. While I love smelling lily of the valley growing around my yard, this isn't something I would associate with that.