Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Dove's Heart

A gentle, healing love blend, often used to help mend a broken heart. Brings peace of mind, soothes the sting of loss, and aids in finding closure.

In bottle: A pretty mix of lavender and dragon’s blood, with a touch of something herbal. There might be a hint of incense. Wet: there may be a touch more floral than I thought, though the lavender is so dominant I can’t tell what. Dry: mostly dragon’s blood with a touch of linen.

In the bottle: Strong ,astringent, powdery lavender. Somewhat melancholy. Definitely an Old Lady Perfume. It almost makes my eyes water.

On me: much more flowery, much less astringent. Very strong lavender, lilac and/or violets. Only slightly powdery now.

Dry: Smells like potpourri that little old ladies keep in their bathrooms. I remember it from my grandmother’s friends’ homes. They usually had little matching soaps to go with the potpourri.

Later: aaand now I have the matching powder to go with the little soaps and potpourri. It’s still very lavender/violet/lilacs and pretty lace and little teacups, but I just can’t wear it without sitting up straight (no slouching!) and acting like a little lady. ::shudders:: Sorry, I'm a hopeless tomboy.

Imp goes into the trade pile for someone with better manners than I.

I get lavender and violets out of this. I don't wear it on a day-to-day basis, but this is my go-to scent for falling asleep at difficult times.

Sniffed: Gentle, "yellow" florals. I smell jasmine, maybe gardenia.

On skin: I'm quite at sea if I don't have a notes list, but Dove's Heart is definitely a pure floral blend of the "yellow" variety (according to my nose and colour impression). Heady, enveloping jasmine is the dominant note, but other florals are present, gardenia being the foremost. The scent stays much the same over time, with jasmine dominating but not obnoxious, and it has significant throw on my skin. Colour impression is a pleasing combination of gray, pastel yellow and powder pink.

Verdict: Dove's Heart is gentle, soft and calm, and certainly embodies its name. However, I'm not a fan of pure florals, and certainly not of dominant jasmine, so this won't be staying.

I tried Doves Heart before I went to bed and it is the perfect, calming sleep blend for me. It starts out a little strong - there is definately Lavender there and maybe Lily or Lily of the Valley it dries down to become a much softer floral blend, perhaps there is some lilac in here. I was worried that this would turn sharp on me, like lavender sometimes does but it's really lovely. It is a comforting scent like the description says. I'm not sure if I would wear this as a perfume, but its good as a sleep blend or for times when you are feeling a little sad.

Lavender? Lavender. Fortunately not much of a lavender-induced headache, though.

This is very, very floral - I think there's a touch of the lilac that hated me in Crowley in here, or something similar. More than anything else, this reminds me of fabric softener, unfortunately! I guess if being wrapped in cozy fabric-softener'ed sheets is comforting to people, this will be?

As far as its effects go, the scent has an air of melancholy – too long with my wrist near my nose and I started to feel rather wistful and tear up. This was somewhat awkward when I had my chin resting on my hand for the bus trip home. :huh?:

Edited by Kit Foxly

In the imp: Lavender and dragon's blood with possibly some jasmine?

Wet: Extremeloy soapy dragon's blood and rose.

Dry: Yup. It's a nice soap, but a soapy one it is.

Imp: Powdery lavender.

Wet: Soap. I'm having difficulty making it out. My wrist smells like freshly washed hand. Not much throw.

Dry: Slightly sharp soap. Maybe a tiny bit of the lavender coming back?

This really doesn't have much scent at all. I guess it's soft and comforting in a way, in the same sort of way as curling up in clean, soap and backyard air scented sheets are.

At first I wasn't sure I would like this scent (despite what I heard of it's violet notes, which I adore) because in the imp it's a very strong powdery scent. I really dislike powder as it makes me feel like I smell like an old lady--npt good for an 18-year old! However, once it dried down some on my wrist the beautiful florals really start to come through and the "powder" becomes a slightly herbal undertone that I really like. Five minutes later...that beautifully sugary and delicate violet that my skin loves so much to amp comes through the back...quiet but very much so there. :) It stays close to the skin but has good strength, which suits it's purpose. It's definitely a soft, quiet blend--still a little too "soapy" right now at this point for me to wear much, but I'm hoping I'll amp more of the green note of the herbs as time goes on instead of the lavender I'm picking up.

At first it reminded me of just generic department store perfume. Then, after reading some reviews here, I realized that what it smells of is violets -- specifically violet dusting powder. It had a very comforting and wistful aura, but it is not to my taste.

Got this as an imp at Dragon*Con. Figured this one would be on the feminine side, but I'll try anything.

Wet/in bottle: Lavender. Straight lavender.

Drydown: Lavender and wisteria, with a few hints of light musk.

Dry: Lavender and powdery, soapy flowers.

It's a lavender perfume, something I imagine on a very sophisticated lady or a woman very much into flowery scents. Doesn't work for me, but I know a few girls I could give this to.

I received this as a frimp from my Dragon*Con fairy <3

Sweet lavender and jasmine for sure. Maybe a pinch of sugar in it too?

Soft, cheery, comforting, and soothing. The drydown, I can see the soap relation but honestly this stays sweeter and cuter than any soapy clean blend I've tried. Definitely good at renewing the spirit and smoothing rough edges. I was grouchy when I woke up and this snapped me out of it. ;)

• ITI: Wow, that's clear your sinuses strong. I get lots of lavender, perhaps some rosemary and pungent jasmine. There are other herbal notes in there, but I'm having trouble teasing them out thanks to the strength of the other notes.

Wet: Yep, I'm pretty sure all three of those notes are in there. It smells like woody soap and jasmine air freshener. And it tastes like it. Ugh, that was a mistake.

Dry: The oil clearly sticks around for a while. On the positive side, I know exactly what this smells like now: Irish Spring soap! Sadly, it just isn't for me.

Dove's Heart is a melancholy floral scent. It starts off very sharp, and I think that is due to a combination of wisteria and lavender (wisteria always shrieks on me). It gives me Les Fleurs du Mal vibes. Over time, it becomes a much softer, powdery scent, but I do not think it is violet or orris causing the powderiness. It's a comforting sort of powderiness, not a get-it-off-me sort of powderiness.

The end result is comforting, but I wouldn't want to go through the sharp phase of the scent to get to it. I am really glad I got to try it, though. 

Edited by doomsday_disco