Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

CCNow or PayPal

I loathe CCNow, but I have a credit card that will not authorize PayPal payments. Apparently they've had some issues in the past and they just don't want us using PayPal. So when I want to use that card (my only credit card btw) I have no choice but to go through CCNow. When my orders fall in line with my paychecks, I gladly use PayPal - I'd rather pay cash anyway. But sometimes the lunacies just don't fall in line with my income.

I would love to see the Lab get a different processer, maybe even a real merchant account so payment can be made right there from the site. But I know what's involved in that and I know there are hidden costs and hoops to jump through to do it.

They're working on it, actually. It's not as easy as it may sound, but they are looking at changing CC processors in the future. They dislike CCNow even more than the rest of us.

Yeah - I know it's not easy. I've set up many a merchant account - both online and offline. And it's just not a simple process. CCNow is easy, but boy does it suck for the merchant.

This is probably a really dumb question, but, I wanted to order enraged bunny musk and I want to use paypal. Is it the same just type my forum name in the comment section or do I have to do something else...I loathe ccnow.

Yep, just put your forum name and the list of what you want in the comments field and you should be all set.

I'll be honest. Every time someone orders through the site, we get charged 9% on the total, including the cost of shipping. If you order through PayPal, we're charged around 3%. It may not seem like a lot, but the truth is, we charge very little over what it costs to make the oils, so every little bit helps. =/

Oh, dear... never realized that. Crap, I shoulda been making my orders PayPal instead of CCNow all along. Just sent one in today and everything. I didn't realize it was that much of a difference. Sorry :P :D

Edited by bookishgrrl

I'll be honest. Every time someone orders through the site, we get charged 9% on the total, including the cost of shipping. If you order through PayPal, we're charged around 3%. It may not seem like a lot, but the truth is, we charge very little over what it costs to make the oils, so every little bit helps. =/

Oh, dear... never realized that. Crap, I shoulda been making my orders PayPal instead of CCNow all along. Just sent one in today and everything. I didn't realize it was that much of a difference. Sorry :P :D

Ditto on this! If I'd known that, I never would have used CCNow. :D

I have a question...I placed an order to BPAL with my non credit card paypal account which is linked to my work account, at the end of this week I will no longer be working here (YAY!!), should I send the lab a new email address where they can CNS me or just leave it?

I have a question...I placed an order to BPAL with my non credit card paypal account which is linked to my work account, at the end of this week I will no longer be working here (YAY!!), should I send the lab a new email address where they can CNS me or just leave it?

No, as long as your physical address is correct, you should be fine. :P

Okay I'm ultra confused so maybe someone can help.

1) Can I place a lab order and pay the Lab WITH A CREDIT CARD through paypal?

2) If I am placing a lab order and have a small PP balance I wish to use to pay, but the balance doesn't cover my whole lab order, can I still pay through PayPal (my PP account uses my credit card to cover whatever my balance does not).

Thanks in advance - I feel so silly asking this!

Yep! You definitely can. And if #1 is true, #2 is true.

Just don't use Paypal through CCNow.

This thread has been so helpful to me while I figured out how to use Paypal (for those of us who have always gotten by with a credit card, it's like a crack dealer asking a junkie to pay him in dubloons).

I wanted to share a discovery I just made while trying to verify my account with PayPal so I could make non-CC payments. As part of the verification process, PayPal deposits two "mystery amounts" into your account, to be sure it's really yours to draw off of. But my bank automatically condensed PayPal's two "mystery amounts" into one line on my online account statement.

So if you only see one deposit from PayPal, call your bank and ask them what the two separate amounts were.

And now...I am VERIFIED and ready for Carnavale Diabolique! Wooot! :P

about 2 weeks ago, i ordered 7 imps from bpal, and i went to "imps ears" and placed an order by clicking "buy 6" and then added the additional imp to the "cart" list thingy... it had the option of paying with paypal, so thats what i did.

they havnt arrived yet, and the other day i looked at "welcome" on bpal, and it said:

"IF YOU ARE PAYING VIA PAYPAL, please do NOT use our online credit card processor. Place your order through PayPal using the payment address paypal [at] blackphoenixalchemylab "

... i think i might have screwed up by ordering ON the bpal site, rather than going to paypal and sending the money to them...

did i screw up? if so, is there anything i can do to fix it;?

please help ;o; i used the last of my money to order these scents

I just totally did the same thing :P I SOOO want to fix it, but I haven't heard back from bpal and I don't know where my order went. I don't know if they got the payment, or if CCNow just absorbed it. I saw all the warnings, but I didn't quite understand them, since I still paid through paypal. It's only looking back that I realize how badly I screwed up. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? Did I just throw my money away? Did bpal even get my order? It was my first ever, only two packs of imps, but I was really excited about it :D

about 2 weeks ago, i ordered 7 imps from bpal, and i went to "imps ears" and placed an order by clicking "buy 6" and then added the additional imp to the "cart" list thingy... it had the option of paying with paypal, so thats what i did.

they havnt arrived yet, and the other day i looked at "welcome" on bpal, and it said:

"IF YOU ARE PAYING VIA PAYPAL, please do NOT use our online credit card processor. Place your order through PayPal using the payment address paypal [at] blackphoenixalchemylab "

... i think i might have screwed up by ordering ON the bpal site, rather than going to paypal and sending the money to them...

did i screw up? if so, is there anything i can do to fix it;?

please help ;o; i used the last of my money to order these scents

I just totally did the same thing :P I SOOO want to fix it, but I haven't heard back from bpal and I don't know where my order went. I don't know if they got the payment, or if CCNow just absorbed it. I saw all the warnings, but I didn't quite understand them, since I still paid through paypal. It's only looking back that I realize how badly I screwed up. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? Did I just throw my money away? Did bpal even get my order? It was my first ever, only two packs of imps, but I was really excited about it :D

I did the same thing with my first order. Go to this thread here to read about my experience. Sara had answered my email and said that everything would be fine. No need to worry, but now you know to go to Paypal in the future.

Thank you SOOO much! I emailed them twice, in a panic, but haven't heard back from anyone. Now I know how to order properly for my next order :P

Hello, everyone,

When you place an order via PayPal does the Lab normally acknowledge your order by sending you an email? I ordered a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I know the ship time will probably be lengthy, but I expected that I might receive an automated response that my order had been received.

Sometimes I've gotten an email from the lab and sometimes not. I didn't get anything from this last order, just the Paypal receipt. I've gotten orders in the past with no email from the lab.

I was wondering about that too. I placed my first paypal instead of CC Now order to save the lab what I could.

Oh dear, Oh my. In my overzealousness to place an order for imps ears, I failed to notice the huge.. Blatant Paypal warning and I ended up using the credit card server (CCNow but through paypal)! Oh dear! And since my email servers down I have no way of knowing if I got the receipt! According to paypal the payment did go through, but how can I find out if the lab got said payment?

Though I do feel better Im not the only one to make this mistake, my emails also went unanswered and I dont know what to do ;3;

Edited by turtleduck

Oh dear, Oh my. In my overzealousness to place an order for imps ears, I failed to notice the huge.. Blatant Paypal warning and I ended up using the credit card server (CCNow but through paypal)! Oh dear! And since my email servers down I have no way of knowing if I got the receipt! According to paypal the payment did go through, but how can I find out if the lab got said payment?

Though I do feel better Im not the only one to make this mistake, my emails also went unanswered and I dont know what to do ;3;

Your order is fine. The reason to go directly to paypal rather than to paypal via CCNow is that the lab gets hit with fees. My post about this same thing is back a few pages on this thread. :P

Oh thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! I was so worried! My deepest apologies to the bpal crew, and next time (and Im sure there will be such) Ill stick to the paypal way! Scouts honor~!

Has anyone ever experienced credit card theft through either Paypal or CCNow? I have good reason to believe that someone got into my checking account after I placed two orders through CCNow...because someone took 400 out of my account the same day! Im thinking of writing to the lab and alerting them of this problem, because I dont feel CCNow is safe anymore. Im thinking of switching to paypal, what do you guys think?