Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

CCNow or PayPal

Just out of curiousity, how is everyone placing orders now? A friend who is coming to visit from Scotland in August wanted me to order some oils for her, and I'm not sure of the best way to place the order. :P

The website still directs you to CCNow and I don't really want to do that as I know they gouge the lab like craaaazy.

My last order was done through Paypal. I won't use CCNow ever again. Of course, it won't even be an option soon .. especially if things went well bith with Beth and her accountant's meeting.

Edited by TygherRayn

I just made an order with Pay-pal and am likely to make another pay-pal order soon.

Which brings me to the question...is it possible to just add to an existing order?

I've been ordering through Paypal and a few days after I made my order, I decided I needed something else and emailed Nella and was able to add it. So, I guess it depends on when you decide to add to it.

I did, amberbella, because the two were placed very close to gether, and I asked Nella if they could just be combined. Check with her, I'd say .. she's usually good ad responding.

Thanks everyone! I just placed a teeny tiny order using Paypal. (Well, I told the hubby it was a teeny tiny order at any rate.) :P

I've placed my first order via CC Now on the 21st, but now I see that Beth and Co are looking to sever ties with the service. Works for me since I've never heard of CC Now before anyway.

What I want to know is the best way to pay for an order. When I mean "best," here are some factors I'm looking at: fastest order processing, more money for BPAL (CC Now charges a premium or something?), most convenient for BPAL staff, etc.

I'm thinking of using either PayPal or a check for the 2nd July, but I'm leaning more towards the check. It looks like the mailing time to get from me to the Lab takes about as much time for the Lab to "harvest" my credit card payment. And if CC Now is charging a lot for their service, I'd rather send my payment through the post.

PayPal... I've used it, and I still have an account with it, but it kind of creeps me out in a weird way. I don't know... it's just creepy.

My main concern is my bank account security (which is why PayPal creeps me out), followed by more money/convenience for the BPALers and then the quick fill-out of my order.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this? I'm also curious what the Lab plans to replace CC Now with, if anything.

-doreen

I've never had a problem with sending through payPal .. the security issues are really so infrequent that it's really the best option for me. I receive money through PayPal too, when I sell off the hoarde of Harlequin novels I've collected, so that gives me spendable money for BPAL that I don't have to worry how much is in my bank account.

I suppose for ordering sending a check is just about the same safety as PayPal .. after all .. an unscrupulous person could just as easily get your information off your check ... easier even than through payPal, honestly.

I won't use CCNow .. the first order we did, and it was just a big old hassle.

I like to send a money order, though with moon scents only being around for 12 hours, I really don't know how that would work.

The last order I placed with a money order got here just as fast as ones that I placed through paypal or whatever. And a money order is the only thing that doesn't have any sort of fee. Even paypal charges a fee (though not near as much as CCnow), and even when Beth switches to her own credit card processessing merchant account, there will be a fee there too. I pay between $100 and $300 a month just to let my customers use credit cards. I don't know where my volume is in comparison to Beth's, but I would imagine that hers is much larger.

Money orders are about a dollar. You don't have to wait for them to clear and they don't have your bank info on them. Checks are safer than Paypal. You can't drain a bank account with just a account number, but a paypal password gives you access to that person's whole bank account since they are tied together, plus a lot of people have credit cards linked to their paypal account too.

As far as CCnow goes, I believe that Beth is replacing it with her own merchant account (where she has the terminal/software).

Edited by supasonicsage

I prefer to use paypal...the only thing I don't like about it is that you don't get a notice when your order has been pulled and/or when it has shipped.

But, I'll order however the lab prefers me to order. Though I'm not actually sure which method they prefer.

I like paypal. I want Beth to have as much of a profit from my orders as possible. It's easy and I've never had a problem with it. I've been a paypal customer since 1999. With that much history I have a good comfort level with them.

I've been using the CCNow thing, and so far it's worked fine, but....I'm seriously considering doing the money order thing. I want Beth to have as much profit as possible, and if it's sent to the Lab under certified mail, you'll know that it was delivered and a real person picked it up, etc.

Unlike so many others on here, I really haven't ever had any significant problems with the USPS. And I'm absolutely fine with waiting for my stuff...I order every two weeks anyway, so I always have something coming in.

Again, I want Beth to get as much profit as she can.

My first transaction was through CCNow - I wasn't really pleased - too long to "harvest" and I hear they charge Beth and Co a lot of money (THey actually lose money on Canadian orders like mine). Then I used Money Orders twice. I liked that option because they were free for me, there was no exchange rate and should be free for Beth to cash/deposit too. With the full moons though, I did purchase through PayPal.

I'll let you know the best method when I actually receive the parcels - I did this all within 3 weeks, so the parcels should be coming soon.

The last two orders I did, I did with cash. It has worked out well.

I'm going to use MOs from now on when I can.

I just don't want CCNow to get so much of the money.

wow i wished i knew this before i placed my order. I did it through CC now. I dont like the fact that are taking part of the profit from the oils. I will use paypal from now on. Besides the money factor is there other problems with CC now?

I'm brand new to ORDERING (not to bpal) and so was making sure that the ccnow works, as my hubby and I are ordering tonight and we don't have a paypal.

will someone let me know - if they know? :P

CCNow does work, infact that's all I used up until this time. You just click on the 5ml bottle things below the description. It's such an easy way of doing things...

From what I've been led to understand, Paypal has lower fees than CCNow. So, you're putting a little bit more money into the Lab's pockets if you use PayPal as opposed to CCNow, but it's all personal preference as to how you order. :P

CCNow takes longer to actually pull the money from your account/credit card, as a general rule. Enterly besdes the fee factor, I find that rather frustrating.

I like Paypal, so I use it. It is a nice way to keep my purchases altogether. Nice to know it saves the Lab money too. So that is two advantages Paypal has over CCNow. Plus, you can pay from the money you have on there or by credit card.

Maybe they should just install a Paypal cart and get rid of CCNow. :P

I have known people that have had lot of problems with other businesses that are on CCNow so I don't trust it.

Edited by Madame Nyx

CCNow takes longer to pull from your bank account?! How is that possible? PayPal takes FOREVER! I thought the idea of an instant transfer was that it was instant! Mine takes days to withdraw. I'm not talking about depositing money from my bank into my paypal account either. It's really frustrating because it gives me a false idea of my bank balance.

CCNow authorizes your account for the full amount of purchase, then after a week or so, drops the authorization and doesn't pull the money until the Lab pulls your order for processing. This can take up to 3-4 weeks sometimes.

Paypal takes less than a week, in most cases; credit card, balance, or bank withdrawl.