Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

CCNow or PayPal

Well, this was strange... I just tried to place an order via Paypal, but I couldn't enter any info in the comments thread past line four...I'm thinking I should wait until tomorrow to place my order. :huh?:

Is it kosher to send our pp money to the lab and mark it as a gift? I know gift transactions aren't charged pp fees, which is why I ask. I'd love for the lab to pay less in pp fees.

Maybe I should email the lab...

I have a feeling that this would be a violation of the vendor's terms of service with PayPal - best bet would be to e-mail the Lab to find out. You know that PayPal wants those fees, no matter how good your intentions are. ;) I think the only issue that you open yourself up to personally by doing this with a vendor is that you probably are waiving any rights to dispute the transaction if you have a problem with your order, so in general, I"d only do it with someone I really, really trusted - some smaller e-tailers who use their accounts for personal and business purposes probably can get away with it if they don't receive too many "gifts."

Delphinine, how long has it been since you placed a large BPAL order w/PayPal? They instituted a limit on characters in the comment box a while back (300 characters max). If you don't have room for everything you need to say, you can just say "details to follow via e-mail." Then send an e-mail to the answers@bpal addy with all your order details and be sure to include your PayPal e-mail addy if it happens to be different from the one you are using. I always tell them the amount of money I sent, when I sent it, include the transaction number PayPal assigned, etc. although I don't know if that is all necessary, it's a Virgo thing. Anyway, Bill or another helpful CS rep will match it up w/your payment and all will be well.

don't send it as a gift. paypal does audit larger volume sellers (and i think BPAL falls into this category, they would have enough transactions to be a business for sure) and looks at the comments in the gift box. because you have to specifically mention what you're ordering, or that the order will follow via e-mail, it's clear as day that it's a commercial transaction. and the lab would be the one in trouble. they will have factored things like paypal and credit card fees into their price structure and budget. if you truly want to send them a gift, then send them a gift. (but i suspect that being the nice people that they are, they will ask you to donate to a charity or something instead!)