Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

CCNow or PayPal

Personally, I prefer CCNow over PayPal. I've noticed that orders I place through CCNow seem to get processed more quickly than my PayPal orders have. At the moment, I'm waiting on the CnS for SGA, Schwarzer Mond and Lune Noir. I placed the order via PayPal a few minutes after the update went live on 7/28, but I'm seeing posts in the CnS topic from people who ordered on 7/31 and already have a CnS. Of course, it might have nothing to do with PayPal, but it's a trend that I've noticed in my orders.

I think in the future, I'll just order through CCNow and use my PayPal debit card if I want to pay with PayPal funds.

I think doing that means the Lab gets charged fees twice, unfortunately. They get charged a PayPal fee and a CCNow fee. That's why they prefer people use the PayPal comments box method if they want to pay with PayPal. Of course, you'll still get your order if you pay with PayPal via CCNow; it's just better for the Lab (and helps keep prices down for everybody!) if you don't double up the fees.

(Someone correct me if I've got the facts wrong - I'm an international customer, so I've only ever used PayPal solo.)

Personally, I prefer CCNow over PayPal. I've noticed that orders I place through CCNow seem to get processed more quickly than my PayPal orders have. At the moment, I'm waiting on the CnS for SGA, Schwarzer Mond and Lune Noir. I placed the order via PayPal a few minutes after the update went live on 7/28, but I'm seeing posts in the CnS topic from people who ordered on 7/31 and already have a CnS. Of course, it might have nothing to do with PayPal, but it's a trend that I've noticed in my orders.

I think in the future, I'll just order through CCNow and use my PayPal debit card if I want to pay with PayPal funds.

I think doing that means the Lab gets charged fees twice, unfortunately. They get charged a PayPal fee and a CCNow fee. That's why they prefer people use the PayPal comments box method if they want to pay with PayPal. Of course, you'll still get your order if you pay with PayPal via CCNow; it's just better for the Lab (and helps keep prices down for everybody!) if you don't double up the fees.

(Someone correct me if I've got the facts wrong - I'm an international customer, so I've only ever used PayPal solo.)

If that's the case, then they'd get charged double anytime they use CCNow, I think, with any card. I don't mean checking out through CCNow and paying via standard PayPal. I have a debit card that lets me access PayPal funds from anywhere.

Edited by cam

Man... that character limit has got to go.

I think I communicated effectively but I had to shorten everything... and at the end, trying to fit in that last bit was aggravating as all heck.

I think I communicated effectively but I had to shorten everything... and at the end, trying to fit in that last bit was aggravating as all heck.

I just took part in a group order that totaled close to $1000. You can bet it didn't fit in the PayPal comment box. :P

I'm sure the character limit is causing a lot of headaches for the Lab, having to match the separately emailed orders with the PayPal payments. I hope it gets changed soon.

(Edit for clarity.)

Edited by ClareN

I imagine what they would have us do if they shrunk the character limit even more.

Comments (25 character limit):

PLZ TO SEND OILZ KTHXBAI!

I just took part in a group order that totaled close to $1000. You can bet it didn't fit in the PayPal comment box. :D

I'm sure the character limit is causing a lot of headaches for the Lab, having to match the separately emailed orders with the PayPal payments. I hope it gets changed soon.

(Edit for clarity.)

Not a flippin' chance! I tried it so many different ways, abbreviations, taking out all the vowels (:D), using the product code (but that was just way too confusing :P ), then when I got down to the individuals imps I had to just give up and put a note that I've emailed the order seperately, there was no way it was going to fit. I put the transaction ID in the email and as much detail as possible and used the same heading for the email and paypal subject line so they know which Paypal transaction it belongs to, but it must be such a headache for them :D.

Does anyone know if there's been any official word form the lab as to what to do if the order won't fit the 300 character limit?

No, you are correct and that is why the lab states this in their site:

IF YOU ARE PAYING VIA PAYPAL, please do NOT use our online credit card processor. Place your order through PayPal using the payment address paypal [at] blackphoenixalchemylab [dot] com and fill your order info in the comments field.

I just took part in a group order that totaled close to $1000. You can bet it didn't fit in the PayPal comment box. :D

(Edit for clarity.)

Not a flippin' chance! I tried it so many different ways, abbreviations, taking out all the vowels (:D), using the product code (but that was just way too confusing :P ), then when I got down to the individuals imps I had to just give up and put a note that I've emailed the order seperately, there was no way it was going to fit. I put the transaction ID in the email and as much detail as possible and used the same heading for the email and paypal subject line so they know which Paypal transaction it belongs to, but it must be such a headache for them :D.

Does anyone know if there's been any official word form the lab as to what to do if the order won't fit the 300 character limit?

Ah, I just asked this same question in the "How to Make a PayPal Payment" thread... I was about to put through my Halloween decant circle order and I can't fit all the individual bottles in the field either. So, yeah - not sure what to do. I didn't put through the order and came here, hoping to find an indication of how to proceed, but it looks like there is no official word yet. I suppose I can just write that I want the Pumpkin Patch set plus all the Halloweenie 2008 bottles and all the Sleepy Hollow bottles and the follow up with an e-mail to the lab just in case... 300 characters. PayPal is so dumb sometimes.

I think I will start with an e-mail to PayPal help complaining about the character limit. Not that it will matter. PayPal has one of the most frustrating customer service departments I have ever had to deal with...

Edited by dpoulsen21

I posted this over in international order thread, looks like it needs to be here as well.

Possibly we could compile our orders in the ccnow cart and use the product codes that come up?

Please don't. If you use the product codes to order we will just have to email you and ask you what you wanted. :P

The best thing to do is just keep it simple. All we need is name and amount. Things like category and product code are not used when filling your order and can be left out when ordering.

If you still can't fit the order in using only name and amount, then put in a note saying you are emailing the order and email it to customer service with the date of order and the email address you sent the payment from clearly noted.

IF YOU ARE PAYING VIA PAYPAL, please do NOT use our online credit card processor. Place your order through PayPal using the payment address paypal [at] blackphoenixalchemylab [dot] com and fill your order info in the comments field.

but the PayPal debit card in reference is not the same as what you're referring to with the "if you are paying via paypal" instructions from the lab.

the PayPal debit card is a standard Mastercard that works the same as any other credit card or debit card. CCNow has no way of knowing that it is a PayPal debit card and that, ultimately, the funds are coming from a PayPal acct, and as a result cannot charge the lab extra fees because of it.

with the PayPal debit card you check out in CCNow the same way you would if you were using any other credit card or debit card, NOT through the PayPal payment option.

but the PayPal debit card in reference is not the same as what you're referring to with the "if you are paying via paypal" instructions from the lab.

the PayPal debit card is a standard Mastercard that works the same as any other credit card or debit card. CCNow has no way of knowing that it is a PayPal debit card and that, ultimately, the funds are coming from a PayPal acct, and as a result cannot charge the lab extra fees because of it.

with the PayPal debit card you check out in CCNow the same way you would if you were using any other credit card or debit card, NOT through the PayPal payment option.

Yup, that's what I thought. And that's good, because it seems from this thread like a lot of people are having trouble with PayPal. I definitely don't think I want to use it anymore.

Edit: In my original post, I mentioned that I had noticed PayPal orders sometimes get filled more slowly. An update on that: today I received an order I placed on 8/4, several days after my PayPal order. When I emailed the lab to ask about it, they hadn't received the notification from PayPal, so they never got my order (Bill was a total sweetheart about it, by the way, and says they'll get it out right away). I'm definitely not using PayPal again. It's just not reliable.

Edited by cam

This morning I placed an order using CCNow. I got my receipt email, then about 15 minutes later I got this email:

CCNow has received Order Number 174-23-4166 which cannot be processed.

This order has been cancelled.

The customer's credit card was not charged.

The reason for the cancellation is:

The email address used for this order is not allowed at CCNow.

To our client: If necessary, you can look up order number 174-23-4166

to see the transaction details. This feature is available on the

Information & Help section of the Client Administration screens.

Regards,

- CCNow Processing Team

WTF??? Has anyone else had this problem?

The email address that I used is the same one I've used for ALL of my orders from BPAL and BPTP (13 total), and there has never been a problem with any of them.

Edited by cam

Contact CCNow to ask about that...it looks like them, rather than that Lab, who canceled your order. Very weird!

Contact CCNow to ask about that...it looks like them, rather than that Lab, who canceled your order. Very weird!

Yeah, it was them. Very strange. I sent them an email. Hopefully they'll straighten it out.

This morning I placed an order using CCNow. I got my receipt email, then about 15 minutes later I got this email:

Regards,

- CCNow Processing Team

The email address that I used is the same one I've used for ALL of my orders from BPAL and BPTP (13 total), and there has never been a problem with any of them.

I had the EXACT same thing happen! So I figured I made some kind of error and ordered again, on my other card. I then received a more disturbing email.

CCNow has received Order Number 175-24-2212 which cannot be processed.

This order was placed using a stolen credit card number.

To our client: If necessary, you can look up order number 175-24-2212

Regards,

- CCNow Processing Team

So I called my bank and they told me BOTH cards had the charges authorized and that there were no theft alerts or locks on either card. What a mess. I emailed the CCNow addy it came from and the answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com to see what wis up. How strange and annoying. I hope both charges were indeed canceled so I didn't place dupe orders.

Regards,

- CCNow Processing Team

I had the EXACT same thing happen! So I figured I made some kind of error and ordered again, on my other card. I then received a more disturbing email.

CCNow has received Order Number 175-24-2212 which cannot be processed.

This order was placed using a stolen credit card number.

To our client: If necessary, you can look up order number 175-24-2212

Regards,

- CCNow Processing Team

So I called my bank and they told me BOTH cards had the charges authorized and that there were no theft alerts or locks on either card. What a mess. I emailed the CCNow addy it came from and the answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com to see what wis up. How strange and annoying. I hope both charges were indeed canceled so I didn't place dupe orders.

Weird. I contacted CCNow, and they told ME that my bank had issued a chargeback for a purchase I made in November.

Um, no they haven't. I'm still trying to sort it out.

I just got this email from CCNow

Thank you for contacting CCNow.

We show that the order was unable to be completed due to a communication

error with the issuing bank. Unfortunately, this may be a permanent

issue, since address verification is not available with all banking

institutions. For information regarding the status of your credit card,

please contact the issuing bank of the credit card. If you continue to

encounter issues with trying to complete an order after contacting the

issuing bank of your credit card, we suggest using a different credit

card or, if available, select an alternate payment method to place your

order.

To attempt a new order, start by going to the vendors website.

- Add the product(s) you wish to purchase to the shopping cart. If

you are attempting to place an order from a promotional offer you will

need to use the link provided by that offer. If the wrong pricing

appears, delete all items from the cart and try again. This can be done

by clicking on the icon on the side of the product name or changing the

quantity to 0, then clicking on "Update".

- Once you have the items you wish to purchase in the shopping cart

and proceed to the checkout.

We recommend when placing an order that you enter your billing

information as it appears on your credit card billing statement. If your

middle initial appears on your credit card, please enter it after your

first name in the "first name" field.

If you receive an error message, please reply with the error number as

well as your pending order number if available.

Sincerely,

Tamanna G.

CCNow Customer Service

huh? I don't understand. My bank said my card was approved. I emailed the lab address at the same time, so hopefully they will have a better clarification. I feel bad because I was a bit snippy in the email, but that was addressed to CCNow not to the lab. :blush:

Oh hell, now I feel guilty because for YEARS now I have used CCNow to place the order and chose the PayPal feature. I'm about to place an order now, so I guess I should try to condense down to 300 characters and do it through them directly? I just don't like leaving that up to PayPal...

Oh hell, now I feel guilty because for YEARS now I have used CCNow to place the order and chose the PayPal feature. I'm about to place an order now, so I guess I should try to condense down to 300 characters and do it through them directly? I just don't like leaving that up to PayPal...

I feel terrible too. I've been doing the same thing on all my lab orders. :(

Yes, but make sure you send to tradingpost (at) papow (dot) net!

Is this still the current paypal address for the post?

Oh shoot! I totally missed the whole "if you're paying via paypal don't use ccnow" thing, i used CCnow and the PP option. I feel awful if that means they're getting charged double fees! This was my first order direct from the lab, and i hadn't looked at the FAQs regarding ordering. I hope my order is still processed!

Oh shoot! I totally missed the whole "if you're paying via paypal don't use ccnow" thing, i used CCnow and the PP option. I feel awful if that means they're getting charged double fees! This was my first order direct from the lab, and i hadn't looked at the FAQs regarding ordering. I hope my order is still processed!

You don't need to worry about it being processed. The only problem with doing it that way is that the lab gets hit twice with fees - from CCNow and from Paypal.

You don't need to worry about it being processed. The only problem with doing it that way is that the lab gets hit twice with fees - from CCNow and from Paypal.

I'm glad to know for next time, i just wish i had paid more attention and gotten it right the first time! Thanks for the response, i'm glad to know my new preciouses will still be coming to live with me!

Hi! I'm a BPAL newb.

I realized (today, three weeks later) that I did the whole PayPal through CcNow B.S. (Which I would NOT have done, had I been SMART and re-read that page... Damn me!)

Do you guys who have been doing this all along always get your orders? And are you able to look up your orders through the CcNow website that says you can look up an order...?

I ordered on 9-4-09 and I tried looking up my order info today but it said something like "This order does not exist. We ate your money and we don't care because we are CcNow." Oh wait... That last part was subliminal... :P

I was charged for the order, but it doesn't seem to exist?

-cries-

How come it doesn't say WHY we aren't supposed to do the PP thru CcNow thing, or what will happen if someone does do that....?

It seems to me that you guys who have been doing that before without knowing they (BPAL) don't want it done that way, have gotten your orders and can look them up?

I am probably stating and asking the same q's over and over, so pls disregard my redundancy. My redundancy. My redundan-... Sorry.

Plz halp!

-------

Edit:

I just got emailed about it. They shipped today. Hooray! It shouldn't take that long for them to arrive since I am in WA and they are in CA. YAY!

Edited by handcraftedCarolyn

Is it kosher to send our pp money to the lab and mark it as a gift? I know gift transactions aren't charged pp fees, which is why I ask. I'd love for the lab to pay less in pp fees.

Maybe I should email the lab...