Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

CCNow or PayPal

Elizabeth,

Which is better/easier/most cost effective for you - CCNow or PayPal? I can go to CCNow and figure out how much it is with shipping then copy it over to Paypal without a problem if it is easier and cheaper for you. I don't know how CCNow charges you for the service but I know Paypal charges you extra when someone uses a credit card to pay.

I thought others might be interested as well, so I thought I'd start it as a topic.

Ok, so if I wanted to order through paypal, would I just send the money and put in comments my order?

And our there any benefits to me as a customer using either payapl or CCNow?

Edited by friendthegirl

OMG!!! 10%!

That's train robbery! Well, unless Elizabeth replies and says she has a reason she prefers CCNow (bookkeeping, etc) then I'll do the paypal route. I'm all for more money in her pocket rather than CCNow.

Ok, so if I wanted to order through paypal, would I just send the money and put in comments my order?

That is what I did last time. Paypal includes your address so I just put my order in the comments section.

Edited by chai_girl

Wait, what? Put my order in the comments section of PPAL?? What email does she use for the pay pal payment. I will use PPAL next time then so she gets more money. I guess if I get the shipping payment wrong she can just email me and I will sent more money out.

What I did with my last order is I went to the site and created my order...let CCNow figure the shipping, then moved to PayPal for the actual order.

I don't know if that is the best or easiest thing for Elizabeth, but if it puts more money in HER pocket, I'll use it unless she asks me not to.

that's what i did this week after my ccnow problem...i had already ordered before i saw this thread and when the order got kicked back i just reordered through paypal.

Ok, I am going to make another order tonight and I was wondering what email address should be used to send money through paypal. And should it be through a bank account or credit card?

that's what i did this week after my ccnow problem...i had already ordered before i saw this thread and when the order got kicked back i just reordered through paypal.

When you say your order was kicked back, did you get one of those emails from CCNow saying that your order had been cancelled? That is what happened to me and at this point, I do not want to even bother with CCNow if I can use PayPal.

well, it did, but it was because my credit card expired before the order was processed (i had the new one, but it wasn't good until 04/01) but after it was placed. i was just as happy to use paypal after learning that elizabeth gets more of the money.i had originally placed the order about a week before, then emailed elizabeth about making a change(must have *big* bottle of snake oil)...and she suggested i cancel and reorder. so it wasn't a big deal

Edited by joans

*Bump* 'cause I'm ready to place an order and would prefer PayPal if it gets more money to Elizabeth.

Do I send the money to blackphoenix@blackphoenixalchemylab.com?

*Bump* 'cause I'm ready to place an order and would prefer PayPal if it gets more money to Elizabeth.

Do I send the money to blackphoenix@blackphoenixalchemylab.com?

Per the website:

"Can I pay by PayPal?

We want your money, so we’re trying to make it as easy as possible for you to fork it over. Please remit all PayPal payments to:

cupcake@papow.com"

It's still their Paypal user ID. You just can't use the papow.com addresses for emailing them.

Per the website:

"Can I pay by PayPal?

We want your money, so we’re trying to make it as easy as possible for you to fork it over. Please remit all PayPal payments to:

cupcake@papow.com"

It's still their Paypal user ID. You just can't use the papow.com addresses for emailing them.

Well, smack me with a trout! :D

I looked around on the website for an address but of course I didn't think to check the FAQs. :P

Thank you! :D

Edited by Gin

IIRC, the switchover from CCNow is supposed to be May 1, yes? Since my order is still "awaiting shipment" (which I believe means that BPAL has not yet gotten it from CCNow), 18 days after I placed it and two days before the switchover, what happens now???

If I'm STILL "awaiiting shipment" when the switchover occurs, does that wipe out my current order???

I apologize if I am asking something that has been addressed on one of the many other threads that discuss order status, CCNow, shipping, due dates, delays, etc.

:P Maybe you could try sending an email or pm to Nella (Snow White) to ask? I still can't get email from the lab on my aol address though-I used my work email to follow up on the paypal order that I placed earlier this week.

Nella is really quick about responding to things, so she'd be the one to ask. I highly doubt they're just going to let orders hang around to vanish, though. They'll tie the ends up nicely, I'm sure.

I however have been using Paypal to order .. and might switch to sending checks/money-orders ... cos I think beth should be getting more of the money. :P

I'm assuming that people will be ordering with CCNow until May 1st and it's just that after May 1st, it won't be an option anymore, though they will still process all the ones that they received.

Hopefully it will be responded to here ... since I'm AOL and don't plan on getting a new e-mail address just to find out about my BPAL order :P :D :D ... nor do I plan to open a Paypal account again (had too much trouble with it back in my e-Bay days) for this purpose either.

So will Paypal become the only option after this?

Y'all on AOL, are you sure you don't want a new email address? I offer free ones @unladylike.org. They can be email forwarders or standalone emails that you can use through Outlook, webmail, etc.

Good question, Jazzie. I should have addressed this earlier. No orders placed through CcNow will be wiped under any circumstances, barring an internal snafu at CcNow.

I have an appointment with our accountant next Thursday. We may be able to bypass having to go through PayPal, too, and actually get our own in-house charge system running. I can't tell you what a relief that will be.

I have an appointment with our accountant next Thursday. We may be able to bypass having to go through PayPal, too, and actually get our own in-house charge system running. I can't tell you what a relief that will be.

Good luck!

*crosses fingers and toes for you*

It would be wonderful if you got your own cc-processing system running! :P

Oh wow! That would be awesome for you guys! *crosses fingers and toes*

Woohoo!! Let me know if you need tips or ideas on how to review the internet orders yourself for validity of information (cardholder info, order IP's etc, etc). That's what I do all day at work (at least, when I'm not posting here or looking at nekkid people).