Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

CCNow or PayPal

So, let me ask a newbie question. If I make an order tonight (ok, let's get real, WHEN I order tonight) with a CC or with PayPal - will I get charged immediately or when they ship?

Missy

If it's via paypal, it's immediately. I'm not sure about CCNow.

with paypal, the money immediately comes out of your balance, or if you are doing instant transfer, as soon as the transfer clears at the bank.

with CCnow, the money taken from you when the lab "harvests" your order from CCnow to be put in line to be filled. they seem to do this about every 1-2 weeks. if you log onto CCnow after they do this, it will say "shipped" but it hasn't actually shipped. i guess you could think of it as if your order has "shipped" from CCnow to the lab, but the goods haven't really been shipped to you. you'll get a click'n'ship notice from USPS when it actually goes into the mail.

i think i just gave you more info than you really asked, but whatever. i'm kind of long-winded like that! :P

Actually, concrescence, you gave me great info - because I was wondering about why CCNow has said shipped for weeks.

I figured it was as you stated, but was not sure and was afriad to ask :P

I placed an order through PayPal with the CCNow because I did not see the note before I did it. So what I'm gathering is that the order did get to BPAL, it's just that they will pay more $ because of the double charge (CCNow and PP)? It was placed on September 28, I am not sure if it is too late to cancel and then resend via straight ol' PayPal (I also got a note when I tried the first time that eChecks were not accepted here, this was the second time I'd sent the order through). I was in a hurry because I wanted the Pumpkin scent I ordered and knew it was time sensitive. It's also my first order even though I've been telling all my online friends about BPAL for years (money finally met opportunity).

Just to reassure you all, I did the same thing, too, on 10/1. There are lots of us, I gather, from reading this thread, who have made the same mistake.

It was my first lab order, and I guess the front page with the Paypal notice was a bit overwhelming for me and I didn't notice it. I hate to think that I am hurting the lab with fees. And to top things off, one of the imp scents I ordered was unimpable, so that may be holding it up, as well.

I certainly know better now, and will paste my order from CCNow into Paypal.

Still waiting patiently on my CnS.

:P

i have a question re: the forum-only scent, and CCNow - there is no "comments field", as far as i can see, when paying with CCNow, in which to leave your forum name, as requested. i know that paypal has a comments field, but in the case of CCNow, is it neccesary to e-mail the lab with our forum names? don't know how strict they are about this, i think i have forgotten in the past, and still recieved the forum scent. please advise.

i have a question re: the forum-only scent, and CCNow - there is no "comments field", as far as i can see, when paying with CCNow, in which to leave your forum name, as requested. i know that paypal has a comments field, but in the case of CCNow, is it neccesary to e-mail the lab with our forum names? don't know how strict they are about this, i think i have forgotten in the past, and still recieved the forum scent. please advise.

I was a dumbie when they had the Pirate Moon forum only scents and forgot to include my forum name here- I was using paypal so I just emailed them as soon as I made the mistake (which I realized right after I clicked on the send button). I just let me them know and I got my bottles no problems. :P

Edited by Scatterbrain

Eeek, I wish I had read this thread before I placed my order through CCNow... I'll be placing orders through PayPal from now on! With potential fraud problems and CCNow taking a 9% cut of total sales, who WOULDN'T want to use PayPal?!

when I placed my paypal forum scent order this afternoon, I put my forum name in the subject line, and just my order in the notes... does it matter that my forum name was in one but not the other?

I was using my husband's CC for this order which I do not list on my Paypal account, so I used CCNow for this one order. There was a special instructions box and that is where I put my forum name.

I'm just getting into ordering via Paypal. Do I still make separate orders for BPAL and BPTP? How do I figure out shipping?

I'm just getting into ordering via Paypal. Do I still make separate orders for BPAL and BPTP? How do I figure out shipping?

Each order has to be separate. And the shipping info. is on the FAQ, but I usually get lazy and plug everything into CCNOW (as though I'm placing the order with them), get the total with shipping, and then go to the PayPal site and pay.

Remember that BPTP has a different Paypal address than BPAL, too. It's not just making two separate orders to BPAL's address. :P

Remember that BPTP has a different Paypal address than BPAL, too. It's not just making two separate orders to BPAL's address. :P

Thank you for pointing that out. That would have been a problem. :D

So, I'm a moron. I just made my first order, and I went through CCNow because I was going to use Paypal Plugin to generate a card number. I forgot I'd upgraded to Firefox 3 and the PPPlugin didn't work anymore, so I went through the whole process and went "crap, I can't generate a card number, oh well I'll just use Paypal straight up then." Forgetting, since it'd been a while since I'd read the news and directions and whatnot page, that outright Paypal orders should be done through Paypal and not CCNow, I just clicked through to Paypal and finished the order. It occurred to me today, and I went to check, and sure enough I did it the wrong way accidentally. :P; Is this a problem? Is my order not going to go through or something?

So, I'm a moron. I just made my first order, and I went through CCNow because I was going to use Paypal Plugin to generate a card number. I forgot I'd upgraded to Firefox 3 and the PPPlugin didn't work anymore, so I went through the whole process and went "crap, I can't generate a card number, oh well I'll just use Paypal straight up then." Forgetting, since it'd been a while since I'd read the news and directions and whatnot page, that outright Paypal orders should be done through Paypal and not CCNow, I just clicked through to Paypal and finished the order. It occurred to me today, and I went to check, and sure enough I did it the wrong way accidentally. :P; Is this a problem? Is my order not going to go through or something?

It will go through just fine. It's just best not to do it because the lab gets less money because of fees. You're not a moron. :D

Edited by portalkat

It will go through just fine. It's just best not to do it because the lab gets less money because of fees. You're not a moron. :P

Thank you! I was worried I'd destroyed the system or something. >D I'll try to remember to avoid CCNow next time so they get more money... *absent-minded*

I ordered 6/19 and ccnow tells me it was shipped 6/27 although I never got a CnS. I bet I get it tomorrow. :P

Oops, I meant to say it's La Primavera Inquisition and some TKO massage oil. I'm going to put the husband to work!

Edited by gecko

I ordered 6/19 and ccnow tells me it was shipped 6/27 although I never got a CnS. I bet I get it tomorrow. :P

Oops, I meant to say it's La Primavera Inquisition and some TKO massage oil. I'm going to put the husband to work!

From past experience, I've learned not to trust ccnow's "shipped" status messages. Check your bank account, then wait for the CnS. (But I hope it's really telling the truth and not just being tricky anddeceptive, like it's been to me!)

From past experience, I've learned not to trust ccnow's "shipped" status messages. Check your bank account, then wait for the CnS. (But I hope it's really telling the truth and not just being tricky anddeceptive, like it's been to me!)

Thanks for that info! I will check to see what's up.

When your status with CCNow says "Shipped" that just means that the order finally made it over to the Trading Post to enter the queue with the paypal orders. It hasn't actually shipped, since CCNow isn't the one to ship our orders. It's pretty confusing!

I ordered an Inquisition in the wee hours of the 13th, and, like you, saw that it was "harvested" on the 27th. Haven't gotten a CnS yet either, but rest assured that our CCNow orders haven't gone astray. This is why I much prefer using paypal (well, that and the lower fees) but didn't have the time to enter a true plea, and wanted to show the goblins that I'd gone through the quiz and earned that L'Estate fair and square (even if it took taking it thrice to avoid the Winter result I kept getting...)

Ah, I didn't realize that CCNow added another level of delay. Unfortunately, I will keep using it since I hate Paypal with a burning passion and only use it when I have no other choice to get BPAL/BPTP. I will just have to test the half dozen or so imps I haven't tried yet! :D

Um, has anyone else noticed that Paypal now only lets you put 300 characters in? For bigger orders, it will be impossible to get them all into the comments field.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Um, has anyone else noticed that Paypal now only lets you put 300 characters in? For bigger orders, it will be impossible to get them all into the comments field.

Me too! I had to trim down the number of characters in my order today, omitting unnecessary the's and such. Also I figure the lab knows who Mme. Moriarty is and I didn't have to include her title of "Misfortune Teller". I only wanted bottles this time but if I had wanted several imp packs I don't know how I would've been able to put it all in.

It's really going to screw up the next Inquisition at the Trading Post. :P