Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Debauchery

A sinful, licentious scent: self-indulgent and luxurious. Mingled heady civet and red Egyptian musk, thickened with opium.

This is heaven. It's subtle yet potent. Very sensuous and heady. One of my favorites and today's the first day I've smelled it. It's that good. Sweet, spicy musk.

Wet, gritty and animalistic. Dry, more incense, less gritty and more sexy dirty. It reminds me of Smut at this stage, but without the red fruits. Dryer still, kind of soapy, but in a sexy kind of way. I like this, but not enough to upgrade.

In the Bottle: Oh, wow. This is such a beautiful color. Like really high quality maple syrup. And yes, it does smell as nice as it looks. Civet and opium. Yurmy!

Wet: I love civet. Clean yet deep. A hint of musk. Wowza! Does stain my pasty-pale skin, though.

Drydown: This comes down to a dry, sunny scent. This is what I would wear if I were going to go into a desert. Civet is still the main note, with a muskiness in the background. High throw on my skin. I really love this.

5/5

In the imp: I'm not sure I can pick out individual notes on this -- they all fight for attention; one whiff, I get the opium, another whiff, I get the musk. Something seems a little off, and I almost didn't apply it this morning :lol:

Wet: I'm overwhelmed by rose. Rose, rose, and more rose. What? What do you mean there's no rose in this?

Drying: after about 10 minutes or so, the rose smell starts to disappear, and I'm picking up that waxy, almost incense smell (which I think I think is the opium). It's starting to become absolutely divine.

Overall, I really do like this scent; I'll keep my imp, but it's probably not one I'll buy a bottle of (not that I would turn a bottle away :lol: ). I also have to wonder if this is one of the scents that gets better as it ages.

I once had remnants of Debauchery on while taking my evening yoga practice. It was hot yoga. At the end of the class, the guy who'd been right next to me said "You are the only woman I know who manages to smell fabulous while sweating heavily."

And he was blushing like debutante.

Debauchery is a wonderful skin scent with a bit of a naughty side, it's warm and musky, the civet stays under control and only suggests the idea of sex hormones on the prowl. It also has a powdery side that evokes innocence, which makes the combination quite interesting.

I would definitely not wear it to visit my in laws, but if you happened to be wearing it on a day when you happened to look fantastic while bumping into your ex, you'd have the guy feeling very sorry for having lost you. ;)

The civet in this one really seems to work for me :joy: It's a very warm,deep and inviting smell on my skin and smells animalistic without being overly heavy.I am thinking of getting a bottle of this when I figure out my next order,but mostly for layering purposes as I find it to be a very 'close to the skin' kind of scent that really adds some depth to the more sweet and foody ones.

In the imp: I have no idea what civet smells like... which is fitting, because I can't tlel what this smells like. But on first sniff, I get something sweet and floral.....like gardenia, maybe, but with a touch of incense

Wet on skin: I still get incense. And still not sure what else. It smells the same as in the imp, really. There is something green about it, which I wasn't expecting. I wonder if it has anything to do with the opium.

Dried down: Ok, this is really pretty. I still can't tell what it is besides the incense, but it's kind of blowing me away.

Throw: This has some throw on me, too. I'm kind of just sniffing the air as I type, breathing it in.

Verdict: **** So,I still don't know what civet is, but I think I like it! Or I really like opium. Or Egyptian red musk. Whatever it is, it works for me.

Frimped an imp.

IN THE IMP: Super-musk. I have this weird feeling it will turn on me, but it smells amazeballs in the imp.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Spicy delicious musk and opium. I'm still not sure what civet smells like but if my recollection is that people say it smells like cat pee, then it's not amping on me because I do NOT smell like cat pee. Or what I think cat pee smells like. It's very musky and dark and mysterious.

DRYDOWN: Upon initial drydown, I continue to love this way more than I would have expected. Oddly clean and not debauched, just shmexy. But then ... the more it dries down, oddly, the cleaner it smells until at the end I smell like soap. Sexy guy soap but still soap.

OVERALL: This was a toss up as keeper/swapper but in the end, my collection is so overwhelming that if there's any debate, to the swap list it goes.

On a scale of 1-5, a 4.

Wet: Dark and sweet. There’s a curious emptiness to it, the sort of emptiness that pulls you in.

Drydown: Hollow red musk with a touch of opium. Seductive and smoky. Poignant.

Dry: It dries into a creamy, spicy musk that's almost rootbeer-ish with a smoky undercurrent.

Like others have said, I'm not sure what civet smells like, but judging by this, I like it!

8.5 out of 10 bones

In the imp: I am not familiar with civet, but I think that is mostly what I am getting in the imp, though I can definitely smell the musk and the opium as well.

Wet: This one is quite heady, for lack of a better term. It's strong, there is an animalistic quality to it, but this also has a powdery aspect to it on my skin. The animalistic quality is becoming more prominent the longer this sits on my skin.

Dry: This is still strong, but it isn't as heady. The scent is smooth now, but still very animalistic. I think it is mainly civet on me. There is a smokiness to the scent now, but I am not sure if that is the civet or the opium. (If it is the opium, it isn't the opium note in Poisoned Apple.)

Verdict: Not for me.

In the bottle: I don't know what civet smells like but this reminds me of some church cologne so I'm guessing that's what it is (the fresh note). I can feel the darkness of the opium too, but not as a scent per se yet.

On my skin: Civet ( probably? it's the only note I don't know and it smells lighter than musk or opium) with a hint of the musk underneath. I still can't discern the opium but that might just be my nose. Anyway, it smells good. It takes about 10 minutes or so for the musk to start screaming at me"here I am, here I am! See?" while the opium is a very distant veil of brooding darkness in the background. It takes about another 10 minutes for the veil of darkness to bloom. Opium is finally making an entrance, accompanied with red musk in the back. It certainly has my attention.

Drydown: Red musk laced with opium. I will have to agree with someone from above who said it was dirty sexy. It is no blood kiss, but it is good. ;)

Edited by Kashi

I like civet in Chanel, but have realized that opium doesn't often agree with me. Wet, this scent is the musky-powderiness of civet sweetened up and thickened by opium. Something about this seems very heady and dense. It's very pretty and sensual, creamy and powdery and musky. It might be a bit much for me, will need a second skin test.

I love this; I love red musk so much. Red musk is right there in the front, and the civet is right there as well--a more potent, sharp musk, though not anywhere near as potent as Siberian musk (though very much recognizable as being a catty scent without the dreaded "cat pee" aroma many have mentioned), and I can only assume that the opium is what's making it sweeter, rather than just being the uber-musk. It's strong in a good way, deep and heady, with a lot of staying power, and just enough throw to make it noticeable. However, it's not overtly "perfumey," so the throw doesn't immediately scream "who's wearing perfume?" when I'm out-and-about.

It's good, it's richly musky and very smooth, and I like it. It's simple, but powerful, and it's different enough from my other beloved musky scents that I enjoy having it. Not sure if it's one I desperately need more of, due to its simplicity, but it's very nice when I just want a nice, rich musk note.

Edited by Mokiefraggle

I love red musk, and usually like opium, but hadn't tried anything with civet, and wasn't sure what that would smell like, or how it would be with my chemistry.

I received this as a frimp, and as always was excited to try something that I may never have picked up for myself.

Initially, there's a blast of red musk and some smokiness from the opium. As it settles on my skin, something sweet is amping up. It's giving me a sort of resinous vibe - a bit reminiscent of dragon's blood?? That's weird. But admittedly, I'm not the best at picking out notes.

Overall, this is very sweet any heady. It's not bad, but on me I don't think it's good either. There is something almost sickly-sweet about it, and it's off-putting to me.

Lab frimp. This isn't dirty, dirty civet - it's there, but it's subtle and clean and sweetened with opium. As it dries down though, it gets less interesting, and more smooth, more perfumey. Don't be afraid of the civet in this. It's almost tame.

In the imp, I liked this a lot. On my skin, it's very strong and almost overpowering. I washed it off but

some still lingered, and smelled like strong department store perfume. That's ok, it's just too strong for me. It's warm and reminds me of the evening.

The Lab frimped me this!

It's a beautiful dark red color. At first sniff, I get resin but not a spicy resin. Must be the opium which is darker smelling but not SPICY.

Rubbing it into my skin it has a very.....typical smell for headshops. Not all head shops mind you....

I can honestly say I'm not digging it. It's sweet smelling but not CANDY sweet.

On dry down it turns to wax on my skin. Ehhh....

I'm glad I got to test it but it's not for me.

In the imp: what I assume is the civet and red musk; it's really strong, it practically smacks you in the face when you put your nose near it

Wet: red musk, resin and civet

Dry: mostly resin (from other posts I'm guessing that's the opium?) and red musk; I don't get any more of the animalistic civet scent at all anymore (or my nose has deadened to the smell--this stuff is pretty strong); there's also a slightly sweet smell coming out, similar in sweetness to Blood where it's not candy sweet but more sexy sweet

Overall, this is a very sexy, warm and heady perfume. After I looked up what smells to expect from civet and opium and the strong opening waft, I wasn't expecting to like this, but the combination of notes seem to work really well together. It probably helps that my skin seems to amp the red musk, which seems to really work for me.

Nope, nope, nope. In the imp it wasn't so bad, but once on my skin it was awful. Somehow it smelled to me like smokey lime - in a putrid sort of way rather than a salsa sort of way. I can see how one might compare it to cat pee. Yuck. Definitely not for me.

This reminds me of something from my childhood, which was decidedly not debauched. I have no idea what it is, but I like it! Dry, resiny—like a softer, sweeter, spicier musk. I don't think I'd recognize civet, but I expected it to be more... animalistic? than this is, so I think it's the Egyptian musk. I have no idea how to describe this other than 'piercing'.

Where I'd wear this: Winter, foraging.

Edited by gloame

I'll take all your civets! For everyone who hates it! XD

Civet on me is a sweet and earthy, super sexual scent. There's that slight papery puff of opium, all warmed up by red musk. I can smell all of the notes individually, but this is a simple enough scent to make it a nice blend. Opium takes over after a while and it becomes powder.

It’s alright, but for a civet blend, I think I will stick with Satyr. Long throw/longevity.

Edited by Bassmastadroog

It's a very rich and full-bodied perfume. I actually get all the notes in the beginning. The civet is as startling as I thought it would be. It's simply quite sultry when blended together. When it dries, the red musk is a little stronger than before. It's a little more smoky and a touch sweeter when dry. The civet burns off pretty quickly and leaves the smoky red musk. I'm a fan, for sure.